Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 1432 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 19279Likes

post #42931 of 44584 Old 05-08-2020, 10:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
Hi,

While JTR do make excellent subs, I think you have answer your own questions. Since you are happy with your current G25, and not wanting more. Adding a second G25, will indeed give you a better even frequencies response to more seating areas. And also, due to the extra volume gain from the room by going dual. They both will play with less demand on them, that might come handy. When moving to your new place.

Love the review, from @Jim Wilson;
https://www.avsforum.com/wordpress/r...woofer-review/
I must break you!!! Only to fail

Darth
yeah the sub is great - but seeing that i have a full JTR setup, and almost exclusively use it for movies and gaming, I wanted to see other options. im just looking for an even bass response and maybe grab something now since ill be moving soon anyways. patience is hard w/ this hobby, but im waiting until i hear gregs anywyas

Speakers: JTR 212RTs - JTR 210RM - JTR 110HTs (x4)
Subwoofer: Dual Rythmik G25HPSE
Audio Gear: Marantz 8805 - Krell Chorus 5200 + D-Sonic M3a-800S - BS Node 2i - Oppo 203
TV: LG 65 OLED
Bedroom: ML Ethos - ML Motion 30 - Samsung Q8 LED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42932 of 44584 Old 05-08-2020, 10:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
It makes sense that most folks would suggest a second g25 since you love it. But you really don’t know until you hear other sub(s), the JTR rs1 in this case. I would suggest bringing your g25 to Greg’s house to compare with the rs1. This way you know for sure which sub you prefer. I am sure Greg misses his g25’s
I won't bring my G25 there as its not super small and easy to manuever haha. But more importantly, it won't be accurate becuase its not my room. I have never heard a JTR sub. I just have 7 speakers from them, and almost only use the system for HT and gaming. From everything I've read/been told, JTR is just the king for HT. The specs for duals of each are similar enough that ouput wise it is lateral - I guess I'm just curious about their sound for movies. I was considering going to dual FV18's, but that's also a pricey move considering the G25 is already great. I rarely do music (more now than before though), which is why I've been thinking that maybe going all JTR would work best.

Audio Gear: Marantz 8805 - Krell Chorus 5200 + D-Sonic M3a-800S - BS Node 2i - Oppo 203
post #42933 of 44584 Old 05-09-2020, 02:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 4416 Post(s)
Liked: 2595
need thoughts on connecting my 2 rythmik subs with 2 different sources. 1 source is integrated amp, rotel 1592 and the other source is marantz 7008 avr. would splitters be smart or possible? or should I just buy another pair of sub cables so I have separate runs?

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300 LG oled c9 77
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5, Magnepan LRS, Audioengine A2+
Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP, Velodyne HGS 12, Velodyne VA1512
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42934 of 44584 Old 05-09-2020, 03:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Quoted: 3001 Post(s)
Liked: 3082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethos4Lyfe View Post
I won't bring my G25 there as its not super small and easy to manuever haha.
I hear ya. Nothing beats JTR subs for movie. While JTR is mostly known for powerful subs, IMO, their strength is really in speakers. They have some best speakers I have heard, period, movie or music
muscles likes this.
post #42935 of 44584 Old 05-09-2020, 04:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
Quote:
I won't bring my G25 there as its not super small and easy to manuever haha.
I hear ya. Nothing beats JTR subs for movie. While JTR is mostly known for powerful subs, IMO, their strength is really in speakers. They have some best speakers I have heard, period, movie or music [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Yeah I’m curious to hear how different they may sound. The speakers are the best I’ve ever heard for my usage. I truly feel like I’ll never need to change speakers - I’m done chasing. Excited to hear Greg’s and see how they sound for gunshots and explosions. The G25 is no slouch though, frankly, it’s my favorite sub ever. Just trying to figure out what makes the most sense - I don’t want to stick w Rythmik and then want jtr also haha. So I’ll do a shootout of sorts.

post #42936 of 44584 Old 05-09-2020, 06:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 2683 Post(s)
Liked: 4546
Quote:
yeah the sub is great - but seeing that i have a full JTR setup, and almost exclusively use it for movies and gaming, I wanted to see other options. im just looking for an even bass response and maybe grab something now since ill be moving soon anyways. patience is hard w/ this hobby, but im waiting until i hear gregs anywyas
Hi,

If it was my system, I would add a second G25 since it is such a great sub. Adding a second one, will indeed give you a more even response. Also due to a sub frequencies limited response range, a sub/s do not need to be match with the same brand as the speakers. In my case, while I am also 99.9% movies. My speakers of choice are the aperion Audio Verus Grand;
https://www.aperionaudio.com/collect...-tower-speaker
With my dual Rythmik FV18 subs.

It is a wise choice to wait to hear Greg subs, before making your decision. Something tell me, you have that strong nagging little voice in your head. And already leaning toward two new JTR, therefore making it a much harder decision on your part. Since both subs have a different sound signature, I would try to concentrate on the small details in sound between the two.

Wishing you the best, for your choice. And positive you will be happy, with either since both are great subs.

Darth
post #42937 of 44584 Old 05-09-2020, 07:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
need thoughts on connecting my 2 rythmik subs with 2 different sources. 1 source is integrated amp, rotel 1592 and the other source is marantz 7008 avr. would splitters be smart or possible? or should I just buy another pair of sub cables so I have separate runs?
Hi,

Can you be more clear, on your intentions

If it is going to be one sub, for each source. Buying an extra set of cables, is your best choice.

But if it is for the two subs, playing from two different sources. This is a difficult one, to give proper advise. Would it be smart? I am leaning toward No, in case both source are ON by accident. Is it possible, I would say Yes. But I would strongly suggest using an Audio Switch Box, this way only one source can play at the same time. Some thing like this example;
https://www.amazon.ca/Duttek-Switche...4-135149aa9081

That said, I would not use that unless last result. Since they are made on cheap side, with a limited choice for descent switcher now a day. That may introduce some noise in your system.

Darth
torii likes this.

Last edited by darthray; 05-09-2020 at 07:20 PM.
post #42938 of 44584 Old 05-09-2020, 07:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi,

Can you be more clear, on your intentions

If it is going to be one sub, for each source. Buying an extra set of cables, is your best choice.

But if it is for the two subs, playing from two different sources. This is a difficult one, to give proper advise. Would it be smart? I am leaning toward No, in case both source are ON by accident. Is it possible, I would say Yes. But I would strongly suggest using an Audio Switch Box, this way only one source can play at the same time. Some thing like this example;
https://www.amazon.ca/Duttek-Switche...4-135149aa9081

That said, I would not use that unless last result. Since they are made on cheap side, with a limited choice for descent switcher now a day. That may introduce some noise in your system.

Darth

thanks. I plan on using rotel for music only...and my avr for everything else. I was thinking of buying some female to dual female rca adapters so I didnt need to run another 50ft bjc sub cable and 25ft sub cable. I planned on coonecting integrated amp to avr with ht bypass...but seems my avr preouts might have been destroyed when my nad amp blew a channel in bridge mode. I heard enrico say rythmik subs like mine could be hooked up with line in for one source and lfe for another...so just trying to envision how to do safely. the rotel will be for music with my maggie lrs...but would like to have subs work for both avr and integrated amp. hope i said this right.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300 LG oled c9 77
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5, Magnepan LRS, Audioengine A2+
post #42939 of 44584 Old 05-09-2020, 08:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
thanks. I plan on using rotel for music only...and my avr for everything else. I was thinking of buying some female to dual female rca adapters so I didnt need to run another 50ft bjc sub cable and 25ft sub cable. I planned on coonecting integrated amp to avr with ht bypass...but seems my avr preouts might have been destroyed when my nad amp blew a channel in bridge mode. I heard enrico say rythmik subs like mine could be hooked up with line in for one source and lfe for another...so just trying to envision how to do safely. the rotel will be for music with my maggie lrs...but would like to have subs work for both avr and integrated amp. hope i said this right.
Honestly, I do not want to misleading you for a bad decision.

I would wait on Enrico or Brian advise on this one, since it is above my knowledge. That said, all of my XLR cables are from BJC. While been excellent quality, a 25/50ft run is not cheap. But much cheaper, than doing something that could ruin the subs

Sorry to hear about your NAD Amp, while many cheaper choices with the same quality can be find now a day. Sort of speak, since a few thousand dollars is still expensive. In my days, it was one of the best to own for not doing any short cuts into the components same as my previous Adcom.

Darth
torii likes this.

Last edited by darthray; 05-09-2020 at 08:18 PM.
post #42940 of 44584 Old 05-10-2020, 12:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Hi,

If it was my system, I would add a second G25 since it is such a great sub. Adding a second one, will indeed give you a more even response. Also due to a sub frequencies limited response range, a sub/s do not need to be match with the same brand as the speakers. In my case, while I am also 99.9% movies. My speakers of choice are the aperion Audio Verus Grand;
https://www.aperionaudio.com/collect...-tower-speaker
With my dual Rythmik FV18 subs.

It is a wise choice to wait to hear Greg subs, before making your decision. Something tell me, you have that strong nagging little voice in your head. And already leaning toward two new JTR, therefore making it a much harder decision on your part. Since both subs have a different sound signature, I would try to concentrate on the small details in sound between the two.

Wishing you the best, for your choice. And positive you will be happy, with either since both are great subs.

Darth
yeah thats' what im thinking - i love the sound. but i think i'll also love jtr. plus they're smaller. however, much easier to keep the rythmik, and from what i read, they're easier to integrate as well.

ill know in about 10 days i hope! haha

post #42941 of 44584 Old 05-10-2020, 07:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi torii,

Since you intend to run your subs, from two different source. I think the safest and the best way, is to use an Audio Switcher. This way, the signal from sub output from the Rotel goes into one input. And your AVR sub output go in the second input of the switcher, and your present subs connection use the only one output from the switcher. This way, no extra cables for the subs is required since they still receive there signals from one source only. Removing any potential possibility of receiving signals from both source, since it could result in bad news if both sources are On at the same time.

Something like this;
-Rotel sub out to one of the switcher (1) input,
-AVR sub out to the second switcher (2) input,
-Switcher sub output to your present subs, connections.

Other than that, I have no clue to help you out my Audio buddy. On how to do it safely from two different sources, since I am not verse on how using to the Line In option, and the LFE one at the same time. Hopefully if someone know for sure about this type connections, they will chime in. But of course would require, buying those extra cables you try to avoid.

Darth
torii likes this.

Last edited by darthray; 05-10-2020 at 07:04 PM.
post #42942 of 44584 Old 05-10-2020, 07:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi torii,

Since you intend to run your subs, from two different source.

Darth

I think Im just gonna buy new bjc sub cables and bite the bullet on the 200 bux...peace of mind. 2 totally separate systems

darthray likes this.

post #42943 of 44584 Old 05-11-2020, 10:43 AM
Writer & Reviewer

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Quoted: 2526 Post(s)
Liked: 4077
Quote:
Love the review, from @Jim Wilson;
https://www.avsforum.com/wordpress/r...woofer-review/
I must break you!!! Only to fail
Oh sure, bring up my failure why don't you.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite.

BTW, did you really need to quote the entire post?
post #42944 of 44584 Old 05-11-2020, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hello all,

Like so many others, I’ve come here for help deciding which sub I should buy. I’ve been reading this forum and others for months, preparing to upgrade the weakest link in my music/home theater system. My current subwoofer is the cheapest Bowers & Wilkins 10” 120 watt model of 20 years ago. The lower frequencies in music and movies are lost.

My system is used for music and home theater. It is a 3.1 affair, 2 main speakers flanking a 65” LCD screen with center-channel speaker underneath.

L and R speakers are B&W DM602. They are largish boxes for stand mount type, 9.5w x 11d x 19.5h. The mid-woofer drivers are described as 180mm/ 7” but I measured the cones at 5.3” not including the surrounds. My wife wants smaller speakers that are invisible and make no sound, so I need to keep the B&Ws as they are grandfathered-in. I just replaced the tweeters and they are worthy of pairing with a good sub.

My 3.1 setup is mostly used for television viewing but 2-channel stereo music listening is the thing I care most about. Read: clean musical base reproduction, not TR or gut-punch mid base. We take movies and television very seriously here but don’t watch the action-pictures or the superhero genre. My music is classic and modern rock, jazz, alt country, some classical.

My room: 13x19x8, 2,000 sqft, suspended floor, not concrete. My crude diagram shows how the room is open to the kitchen at the rear.

The sealed box subs seem to have a reputation for not frightening old women, relative to ported. My wife might adjust to a big box but she won’t stand for repeated cardiac arrest. This is why I’m leaning towards the F15HP.

These are my questions:

-Is one F 15HP worth trying in my room?

-Should I go with the default amp? If I end up wanting a second F 15hp later, is the XLR2 amp a better choice for pairing up ? I don’t run balanced interconnects but can I still connect two F 15HPs with an XLR cable?

-I listen to music in “Pure Direct” (2 channel) mode : mains + LFE. I think pure-direct turns Audyssey XT32 off. The sub is playing LFE but the LFE signal is not processed. Since I don’t use the receiver’s onboard processing for music, will I use line-level input to make use of adjustments on the sub’s amp?

-Do all three amps have the same capacity to play nice with my Denon in Pure Direct?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8599.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	2724510  

amp: Denon AVR-X5200w
speakers: front, Bowers & Wilkins DM602 / center, Polk something (label fell of)
sub: Bowers & Wilkins' cheapest 10" of the early oughts
sources: DAC, S.M.S.L. M500 / turntable, Pioneer PL 15D-II + Nagaoka 110 cart + Schiit Mani preamp / DVR / AppleTV
post #42945 of 44584 Old 05-11-2020, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicyclejoe View Post
Hello all,

Like so many others, I’ve come here for help deciding which sub I should buy. I’ve been reading this forum and others for months, preparing to upgrade the weakest link in my music/home theater system. My current subwoofer is the cheapest Bowers & Wilkins 10” 120 watt model of 20 years ago. The lower frequencies in music and movies are lost.

My system is used for music and home theater. It is a 3.1 affair, 2 main speakers flanking a 65” LCD screen with center-channel speaker underneath.

L and R speakers are B&W DM602. They are largish boxes for stand mount type, 9.5w x 11d x 19.5h. The mid-woofer drivers are described as 180mm/ 7” but I measured the cones at 5.3” not including the surrounds. My wife wants smaller speakers that are invisible and make no sound, so I need to keep the B&Ws as they are grandfathered-in. I just replaced the tweeters and they are worthy of pairing with a good sub.

My 3.1 setup is mostly used for television viewing but 2-channel stereo music listening is the thing I care most about. Read: clean musical base reproduction, not TR or gut-punch mid base. We take movies and television very seriously here but don’t watch the action-pictures or the superhero genre. My music is classic and modern rock, jazz, alt country, some classical.

My room: 13x19x8, 2,000 sqft, suspended floor, not concrete. My crude diagram shows how the room is open to the kitchen at the rear.

The sealed box subs seem to have a reputation for not frightening old women, relative to ported. My wife might adjust to a big box but she won’t stand for repeated cardiac arrest. This is why I’m leaning towards the F15HP.

These are my questions:

-Should I go with the default amp? If I end up wanting a second F 15hp later, is the XLR2 amp a better choice for pairing up ? I don’t run balanced interconnects but can I still connect two F 15HPs with an XLR cable?

-I listen to music in “Pure Direct” (2 channel) mode : mains + LFE. I think pure-direct turns Audyssey XT32 off. The sub is playing LFE but the LFE signal is not processed. Since I don’t use the receiver’s onboard processing for music, will I use line-level input to make use of adjustments on the sub’s amp?

-Do all three amps have the same capacity to play nice with my Denon in Pure Direct?

My wife who is rarely impressed by audio stuff was super impressed by the G25HP. She used to even brag about how awesome it was to her family/friends which was fun to watch because I think no other piece of equipment got as much public praise from her. She used to say how deep it went, how loud it could get and how it just pressurizes everything, yet she said it didn't hurt her ears. Aquaman and Shazam really made her get goosebumps!
darthray likes this.

Home Theater 5.1 Setup: Marantz AV8805, Sunfire TGA-7401, Monitor Audio Gold GX300 Front/Rear, Monitor Audio Gold GXC 350 Center, Rythmik Audio G25HP, Oppo UDP-203, Samsung PN64F8500
PC Audio 5.1 Setup: Denon AVR-X3300W, Monitor Audio Gold GX100 Front/Rear, Monitor Audio Gold GXC 150 Center, Rythmik Audio F12SE

Last edited by Gary Bechtold; 05-11-2020 at 01:00 PM.
post #42946 of 44584 Old 05-11-2020, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Bechtold View Post
My wife who is rarely impressed by audio stuff was super impressed by the G25HP. She used to even brag about how awesome it was to her family/friends which was fun to watch because I think no other piece of equipment got as much public praise from her. She used to say how deep it went how loud it could get and just pressureize everything yet she said it didn't hurt her ears. Aquaman and Shazam really made her get goosebumps!
That is encouraging Gary. I'm hoping she discovers that she likes bass when it's delivered through a good sub.
derekmoore likes this.

amp: Denon AVR-X5200w
speakers: front, Bowers & Wilkins DM602 / center, Polk something (label fell of)
sub: Bowers & Wilkins' cheapest 10" of the early oughts
sources: DAC, S.M.S.L. M500 / turntable, Pioneer PL 15D-II + Nagaoka 110 cart + Schiit Mani preamp / DVR / AppleTV
post #42947 of 44584 Old 05-11-2020, 01:24 PM

Quote:
That is encouraging Gary. I'm hoping she discovers that she likes bass when it's delivered through a good sub.

Oh she has! We had a great subwoofer before (an old Velodyne F-1800RII) and it was good but it never got any special regnition. She did comment on how the speakers seem "so real" in her words (Monitor Audio Gold GX towers) and how she never felt the need to go to the movie theater because of them. But when the sub happened she just gushed over them. I was quite amused.

I looked at the speakers you have, my brother has the Bowers & Wilkins DM602 S2 versions along with the matching center in the front. he has much smaller SVS speakers on a stand in the back. he had some Definitive sub not that far off from your B&W sub. He recently got (last year) as a gift from me LVX12 sub and he has been very impressed by it. He has heard my other subs and said if he wasn't on a budget he'd gladly do one of the 15's like mine. So I can tell you will not be disappointed if you get one of the 15's from Rythmik. My family and his are pretty happy campers with our subs!

Home Theater 5.1 Setup: Marantz AV8805, Sunfire TGA-7401, Monitor Audio Gold GX300 Front/Rear, Monitor Audio Gold GXC 350 Center, Rythmik Audio G25HP, Oppo UDP-203, Samsung PN64F8500
PC Audio 5.1 Setup: Denon AVR-X3300W, Monitor Audio Gold GX100 Front/Rear, Monitor Audio Gold GXC 150 Center, Rythmik Audio F12SE
post #42948 of 44584 Old 05-11-2020, 01:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Quote:
I'm very grateful that that is exactly what happened to my SO with the E15's.

It gives me hope that one day I can go with some big ported monsters, or maybe just add two G25HP's.

Would six sealed 15" drivers in a 20K+ cubic ft open home have a chance at pressurizing the space? Just a thought for long range planning.....or if a pair used G25's happen to pop up for sale after the G28's come out.

5.1: Power - Denon 4308ci, Fronts - Def Tech BP9040's, Center - Def Tech CLR 2000, Surrounds - Def Tech PM1000's, Sub's - Rythmik E15HP x2, Display - Panasonic TC-55AS530U, TT - Rega Planar 2 w/ Dynavector 10x5
post #42949 of 44584 Old 05-11-2020, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmoore View Post

It gives me hope that one day I can go with some big ported monsters, or maybe just add two G25HP's.

Would six sealed 15" drivers in a 20K+ cubic ft open home have a chance at pressurizing the space? Just a thought for long range planning.....or if a pair used G25's happen to pop up for sale after the G28's come out.

I would say that there is a good chance of it. I myself would like to get either another G25HP in the future of maybe scrap that idea for one/two G28's later on. So who knows maybe a mint G25HP might come up for sale much later in the year.
derekmoore likes this.

post #42950 of 44584 Old 05-11-2020, 02:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 574 Post(s)
Liked: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmoore View Post

I’m not sure, but I bet 6- FV18’s would! I think you should do it. Lol
darthray, drh3b and derekmoore like this.
post #42951 of 44584 Old 05-11-2020, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I think Im just gonna buy new bjc sub cables and bite the bullet on the 200 bux...peace of mind. 2 totally separate systems

Hi torii,

Sound like you are going to do, the "LFE" and "Line In" route. Keep us posted, on how it did work for you

Darth
post #42952 of 44584 Old 05-11-2020, 05:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
Oh sure, bring up my failure why don't you.

Sorry about that

Darth
post #42953 of 44584 Old 05-11-2020, 05:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 3545 Post(s)
Liked: 5459
Quote:
Hello all,

These are my questions:

F15HP sounds like it would be a great choice considering what you are looking for. If your goal is high fidelity music, using your AVR's bass management, room correction below Shcroeder(3-400 Hz) and sub eq will provide drastically better sound quality than "pure 2.0". Think of "Pure Direct" as "low fidelity".....it's included to appeal to uninformed audiophiles but provides no sound quality benefits. Rather, it is substantially inferior to a properly bass managed, eq'd system.
corwiniii, drh3b and BhootZ like this.
post #42954 of 44584 Old 05-11-2020, 05:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi torii,

Sound like you are going to do, the "LFE" and "Line In" route. Keep us posted, on how it did work for you

Darth

will do, ordered the bjc 50ft'er and some very value ended mediabridge 25ft'er....my avr tweaked to give a flat response sounds nothing like this integrated amp with no tweak...not even close.
darthray likes this.

post #42955 of 44584 Old 05-11-2020, 05:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I figured a way to go duals in my room...I think. Ill be back home in about 10 days and gonna make a decision. I live in a duplex w/ shared walls, so I'm not necessarily looking for more bass - just even bass. Plus, I'm moving within a year, so I think I might make the jump soon. My question is: I'm 90-95% HT/gaming on a 7 channel JTR setup, does it make sense to add a second G25 or try out some JTR RS1s? I know everyone says JTR is the king of movies, but the G25 def. doesn't leave me wanting anything. Again, I haven't even heard duals in my room before, so I have no idea what it might sound like. The cheaper/easier option is add another G25, but just wanted to get a bunch of opinions from those smarter than I. I will be hearing Greg's dual RS1's when I'm back, but just wanted to see what everyone else thinks too. Thanks guy, stay healthy and happy. Looks like Los Angeles may open up soon - phase 3 within a month or less..
any other thoughts/input on this? i guess curious if more of you have heard sealed from both brands. it seems that the easist/best decision is a second G25...but, this hobby is fun LOL and i like to get tons of input and I enjoy reading

post #42956 of 44584 Old 05-11-2020, 05:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
any other thoughts/input on this? i guess curious if more of you have heard sealed from both brands. it seems that the easist/best decision is a second G25...but, this hobby is fun LOL and i like to get tons of input and I enjoy reading

well some of us here have said not 1 or 3 rythmik fv25hp's are enough....so a sealed g25....surely not enoughfor a few....
darthray likes this.

post #42957 of 44584 Old 05-11-2020, 06:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Bechtold View Post
My wife who is rarely impressed by audio stuff was super impressed by the G25HP. She used to even brag about how awesome it was to her family/friends which was fun to watch because I think no other piece of equipment got as much public praise from her. She used to say how deep it went, how loud it could get and how it just pressurizes everything, yet she said it didn't hurt her ears. Aquaman and Shazam really made her get goosebumps!
Another Wife just join the club
Mine did many years ago, and also notice that good equipment make a difference. Now a day, when I want to get a new toy. All she ask is how much and why, than say go for it

Quote:

And positive She will

Since you listen to Music and also Movies. I think starting with a single FV15 instead would be a better option, since all Rythmik subs have a very good reputation for Music. And having a port sub, can be an advantage when playing Movies. This way, if one FV15 is not enough for your room. You can always add a second one later, when the funds alloy to so.

While the FV15 is indeed bigger, than the F15. Getting use to the bigger size, is very fast to get use to. Even with the WAF

My room is slightly smaller than yours (12 x 18 x 8ft), and run dual FV18. Since I prefer leaning toward to much power, than not enough.

Darth

Last edited by darthray; 05-11-2020 at 06:13 PM.
post #42958 of 44584 Old 05-11-2020, 08:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
well some of us here have said not 1 or 3 rythmik fv25hp's are enough....so a sealed g25....surely not enoughfor a few....
haha i just meant - would dual g25 be enough for movies? Or should i look seriously at JTR

post #42959 of 44584 Old 05-11-2020, 08:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 338 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4347 Post(s)
Liked: 5754
Quote:
haha i just meant - would dual g25 be enough for movies? Or should i look seriously at JTR
You should really listen to @muscles recommendation as he is the only one person I know that have owned both models. Not right or wrong here, just very different sound signature.
gwsat, corwiniii, muscles and 3 others like this.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik G22 (x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #42960 of 44584 Old 05-11-2020, 08:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
You should really listen to @muscles recommendation as he is the only one person I know that have owned both models. Not right or wrong here, just very different sound signature.
Thanks for chiming in - I'll be in touch w/ you soon

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , fvx12 , fvx15 , integra dtc 9.8 , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page