AVS Forum banner
5M views 56K replies 2K participants last post by  travisinfla 
#1 ·
 http://www.rythmikaudio.com/index.html

There never seems to be an 'Official' Rythmik thread so....

Hopefully members can post here and representatives from Rythmik (Brian) can more readily answer questions that are normally strewn about in many threads.

Rythmik now offers complete subwoofers as well as the traditional kits.

Maybe Brian will subscribe.

See less See more
#29,781 ·
Just to follow up on the AVR discussions over the weekend, I got the Denon X4000 installed and I feel is a step back from the Yamaha RX-V3800 it replaced. I am going to have to replace it with a 2015 Denon/Marantz to get the mojo back. I need Audyssey to utilize Dynamic EQ and get some more bass when my son watching Paw Patrol! ;)

I haven't run Audyssey yet, so maybe it will fill the gap enough to satisfy me.

I think for the sub evaluations I am going to have to run Audyssey seperately for each sub (vs no SubEQ). The differing frequency characteristics can definitely color my evaluations. I want the base FRs to be as close as possibly.
What happened to your Marantz 7702MKii?

#29,783 ·
...Most of us find that we are impressed initially with a single mid-size subwoofer. And then we start looking for ways to either go up in subwoofer size and power, or to go up in the number of subwoofers, or both.

I can vouch that this is definitely the case! Actually it is exactly and literally the process I went through. LV12R to one FV15HP to a 2nd FV15HP.

. I need Audyssey to utilize Dynamic EQ and get some more bass when my son watching Paw Patrol! ;)
You should try Lion Gaurd, some good bass in there! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

#29,786 ·
^what size tv is that?
trying to get a sense of those speakers size

From his link: My Home Theater: https://imageshack.com/a/osgl/1

"LG 65" E6 OLED, Mediacom TiVo, Sony UBP-X1000ES, Yamaha A3060, Outlaw Model 7140, Power Sound Audio MTM-210's and MTM-210C, and dual Rythmik FV15HP's
Created Apr 16, 2017 1:53pm
"

#29,789 ·
^^ better than your RF7ii?
I just got done aligning everything and moving gear around. Now that I am used to YPAO, I am going to run it tomorrow when I get home and watch a nice UHD action flick tomorrow, we shall see. After I get YPAO done and levels set, Ill check out bayformers again and see how it all sounds.

#29,790 ·
I just got done aligning everything and moving gear around. Now that I am used to YPAO, I am going to run it tomorrow when I get home and watch a nice UHD action flick tomorrow, we shall see. After I get YPAO done and levels set, Ill check out bayformers again and see how it all sounds.

I am taking some bets that they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#29,791 ·
^what size tv is that?

trying to get a sense of those speakers size

They are not small and heavier than they look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#29,792 ·
What is going on my friend? Where is your Klipsch LCR? :confused:

#29,794 ·
Now you gotta take down that awesome Klipsch wall hanging...? :(

Looks impressive! :D

#29,797 ·
Anyone have any thoughts between the LVX12 and the FVX15? I have narrowed down my sub list to these two, but haven't found much about LVX12. This will be placed in a smaller sealed dedicated theater room, 75% HT, 25% gaming. (16x12x8)
I'm very happily running a pair of LVX12s in a sealed room a little bigger at 20x13.5x8. They do an excellent job; I don't at all feel a need for any more power. Which puts me at the bottom of the pile in *this* forum. ;)

Is there much benefit to going from the LVX12 to the FVX15?
You'll get more top end SPL from the 15. I'm thinking the 12 and 15 are tuned the same, but the 15 could be tuned a couple of Hz lower, IDK. Other than that it should *sound* about the same. Very similar design, and servos make sure of that.

2) At moderate listening levels, will the larger driver provide more of the vibrations and tactile bass than the 12, or would that be more of a by-product of higher SPL and listening levels?
No. If the listening level is the same (within the range of what both subs can handle), the "vibrations and tactile base" will be identical. If you want more "feels" you have to have a higher SPL to get them.

I typically listen to TV and movies below -10 dB (that is, 10 dB below the 0 dB reference as calibrated by Audyssey in my old Denon AVR-X4000). Mostly I listen at -20 or -25 dB. The two subs (I always recommend at least a pair in a small closed room like you and I have because of room modes) add the realism to the sound -- from just a car door closing to a major explosion.

What you'd get from bigger subs is the capability to reach higher SPL. You'd need this in a bigger open plan room, or if you like to really turn it up (I know people who listen at or above reference level, and crank the subs up even higher; these people need the bigger subs to keep from running into compression and distortion). But at moderate levels, in a sealed room the size you suggest, I think you'd probably never know you had spent the extra money. I know I wouldn't.

So yeah, I'm a cheerleader for the LVX12s. They are the great bargain of the Rythmik line IMHO.

#29,799 ·
@citsur86, glad subeqHT solves your bass issues. Are you still experiencing port chuffing?

Thanks man! It really did. I only get the port chuffing during the rare very low very loud scene. Main ones I can think of are EOT intro, WWZ Grenade, and Pulse scene in the server room.

#29,800 · (Edited)
Had a thought today. If this seems obvious, and I'm sure it is for many here, forgive me. Call this one mans Eurika moment that many others already knew as common knowledge. I think, in terms of volume and SPL, I've been thinking about adding more than one sub incorrectly. I'm already on the same page around multiple subs being able to help flatter a FR, provide a flatter FR across more locations, and increase SPL total capability, but here is where I think I've been off in my thinking.....

I've always been thinking that for the same volume, say -25db MV for example, 2 subs would be louder than the same MV with 1 sub. I'm thinking, since Audyssey, and any other AVR or Processor EQ systems, EQs the sub as 1 unit (to 75db in Audysseys case), that it isn't actually increasing the SPL for the same MV. Since both subs are adjusted to output the decimals of a single, the increased SPL you get from duals really only comes into play as far as headroom on each sub goes. Is this correct thinking? Sorry if I'm just stating the obvious.