AVS Forum banner
5M views 56K replies 2K participants last post by  travisinfla 
#1 ·
 http://www.rythmikaudio.com/index.html

There never seems to be an 'Official' Rythmik thread so....

Hopefully members can post here and representatives from Rythmik (Brian) can more readily answer questions that are normally strewn about in many threads.

Rythmik now offers complete subwoofers as well as the traditional kits.

Maybe Brian will subscribe.

See less See more
#44,541 · (Edited)
#44,542 ·
No problem sir. I apologize for my sad attempt at humor. If you need anything else I do 2 shows nightly. :p But for room conditioning IE cooling/heating concerns or questions I do have a 30+ years background as a commercial HVAC contractor. Fire away and I will try and help for sure. This forum is full of helpful peeps.
I'll have to keep that in mind on the HVAC topic and ask you sometime! One contractor mentioned adding a second zone for the room. Overall, since adding the insulation and not overloading the room with tons of electronics (high powered servers, gaming PC, etc), it has helped.

#44,543 ·
Thank you guys for the response.

While personally, I don't use the REW with the UMIK-1.

It is very versatile to flat out your response, and would be the way to go.
Another option would be using the PEQ option, on your sub;
http://www.rythmikaudio.com/F18_features.html#peq
Using a +3dB, center at 70Hz using the max setting for the bandwidth. Might help a little, to increase your mid bass.

Personally, I always two subs in my room. Since it offer the chance to have a better response overall, after finding the best locations for them. And also have the advantage, of been having the ability of playing louder.

Darth
I did see the PEQ adjustment on there. I have a Yamaha receiver (Tsr-7850) with YPAO, should I re-run room calibration after the PEQ boost or leave the current settings after the boost?

Those big 10 dB dips in the response in and around the mid bass area is the main reason mid bass sounds lacking. The answer is a second sub properly placed, with good eq applied such as Sub Eq HT from an Audysey XT32 AVR or a mini DSP with EQ filters generated by REW.
Unfortunately a second sub isn’t in the budget at the moment. I feel like I’d like to experiment eventually with an equalizer. I haven’t had an opportunity to try out different sub placements yet, but the sub is in the ideal location (from aesthetics POV) for my current setup in the front corner. I may be able to move it more nearfield or the back of the room, but will I likely see a difference?

I was hoping to find a way to make it work well with my current equipment. It seems like we chase the SPL in the lower frequency and I’m trying to chase the opposite.

#44,545 ·
How warm do these Rythmik subs run during normal use at moderate volumes (music listening vs. action movie, at idle)? Particularly with the H600, HX800, or HX1000 series amplifiers?

I could fry an egg on previous Onkyo receivers I've used due to their high bias voltages, just wondering about practical use opinions.
My F12s never got more than lukewarm.

#44,546 ·
But for room conditioning IE cooling/heating concerns or questions I do have a 30+ years background as a commercial HVAC contractor. Fire away and I will try and help for sure. This forum is full of helpful peeps.
Hope you don't mind fielding a question? My plasma TV and electronics (amps, etc) warm up my small circa-1993 2nd floor room (1400 cu feet). I can't relocate the electronics. I do leave the house fan ON 24/7 to circulate the two floors and one of the intakes is in the room. There is a townhome builders' grade window in the room I'm thinking about replacing. Attic has plenty of pink fluffy. What else can I do to keep the room temps down?

#44,548 · (Edited)
Haha....that too...I guess I’ll chalk this up to the year 2020 and we have time to analyze more...If you Google it, some like to also use Family Room Over/Above Garage. My realtor called it a bonus “Free” room and I stuck with it ever since. At the end of the day, the room is over the garage. Bass gets interesting down in the garage too. :)

#44,549 ·
#44,550 ·
Between the F15HP, E15HP and FVX15, what would make one preferred over the others for a dual sub setup in a room of +-1900 cuft? Based on the graphs and numbers, they seem to deliver somewhat similar performance. The ported drops off below tune, but is the output of the sealed models at for example 15Hz actually usable? There was a table posted in this thread which showed performance per $, where the FVX15 scored considerably higher than both these sealed models, and 3rd highest of all Rythmik subs. What other things are there to consider between these 3?
There's really not enough information here to go on so it will be tough for anyone to give much of an answer. Check out this thread for the type of questions that help determine the best solution for a particular situation.

#44,551 ·
new sub advice

Hello Rythmik owners, and makers :)
During my quest to replace my old little B&W ASW2500 sub (10inch sealed) I discovered a lot of new brands, including Rythmik.
I'm 99% sure I'll go with this brand, I have not read a single post of someone on the interweb talking bad about it.
The only downside is that I'm living in Europe, which dramatically increases the cost due to overseas shipping and taxes.

My room dimensions are 20 x 16.5 x 9 = 2880cuft, can be closed off, wooden floor on concrete, some curtains.
Use: Music/HT 40/60
I don't listen to reference levels. Most of the time the Marantz AV7005 volume is, with audyssey enabled, -40 with wife present, -30 without , without Audyssey it's -35 and -25 for same volume.
My main speakers are B&W Nautilus 802 (center is HTM1 for HT). Until now I did not care about using a subwoofer for playing music, but after reading subwoofer reviews and threads it might make a huge difference.
I even played movies for a while without sub when my ASW2500 had a broken on/off button, it wasn't too much of a difference than with the little B&W sub haha.
But now I'd like bass that goes deeper than 20hz, that you start to feel instead of hear.

I've never made any measurements yet, but I'm planning to buy a minidsp umik-1 and starting with REW.

I have a shortlist to choose from based on price (max $1900) and max heigt (150inch screen is 25inch above floor). Included is the end price I'll be paying:
FVX12 ($1460): maybe enough for my needs, and save a few 100 bucks
E15 ($1900): compact, it has XLR, probably perfect for music, can it fill the room HT wise?
FVX15 ($1850): starting to get huge, WAF 0.01, would just fit under my screen (1 inch free space), it's louder, but as low as the E15?
FV15HP ($2240) is just too expensive...

If I had to choose between them now I would take the E15, just to look at it and say, that's 15inch baby! But can it fill the room when I watch the next Transformers?

PS: when people talk about E15 and E15HP, it is the same model? On the Rythmik site they talk about E15, but I read a lot E15HP.
E15HP2 is the one with the HX1000 amp upgrade

#44,552 ·
Any L22 owners here?

I'd like to get some input/opinions from L22 owners here please (or maybe those who upgraded from theirs and why)

Use will be 90% movies and 10% music. Dedicated basement room size (in feet) is 15 x 35 x 8 plus a narrow pathway about 4 x 33 (so about 5,000 cubic feet) which opens up to the main floor upstairs.

I'm planning to get two used/new identical subwoofers and narrowed it down to a few brands and models but leaning towards two sealed L22s. While I love bass, I don't consider myself a basshead so I'd like deeper (flat to maybe around 17hz) than more SPL.

Interested to know what your thoughts/opinions are. Thanks in advance.

#44,553 ·
Hello Rythmik owners, and makers :)
PS: when people talk about E15 and E15HP, it is the same model? On the Rythmik site they talk about E15, but I read a lot E15HP.
There are two models of the E15. The original E15HP w/ 600watt amp, and the E15HP2 with the 1000 watt amp. Many, including my self, simply refer to the original E15HP as the E15 for short.

#44,554 · (Edited)
Not if you're married, than it does mean free (as in "that's the only room in the house you get for that TV stuff of yours!").
Yep! It's the only room I get for myself and am free to change things.....mostly. Although I have a good portion of my room treated, my wife is not a fan of ceiling panels. The GIK Gridfusors may be an ok compromise though, so I'll revisit it again sometime in the future. I have to say that adding room treatments accomplished more in the sound improvement category than buying really fancy speakers, amplifiers, or subwoofers could ever do. Of course, fancy equipment with acoustic treatments is also nice too!

Thanks again for your previous help on subwoofer info. I've narrowed it down to likely a pair of the E15 series due to overall size and rear panel ease of access. It'll be a nice step up from the SB-2000. I'm only going to move these once as I'm not going to lug multiple units up and down the stairs. Fortunately, I'll be hitting the weight room to better prepare for these. :)

#44,555 ·
Hope you don't mind fielding a question? My plasma TV and electronics (amps, etc) warm up my small circa-1993 2nd floor room (1400 cu feet). I can't relocate the electronics. I do leave the house fan ON 24/7 to circulate the two floors and one of the intakes is in the room. There is a townhome builders' grade window in the room I'm thinking about replacing. Attic has plenty of pink fluffy. What else can I do to keep the room temps down?

Ive got a big plasma and they make great heaters for sure. Its real tough in a house with sheet rock everywhere as you cant access anything, keeping the fan on is a good idea for sure to keep the heat from building up in the room. Blacking/insulating the window will help especially if its south/west facing. Unfortunately, if its a big issue, then a ductless minisplit might be the only solution. If you have cooling in your main system, you might be able to add a fan/duct in the attic and draw the air from the room and dump it back out into the open stairway to get more air movement. The benefit will be marginal but it will help. The other option, once again assuming you have cooling, would be to get a thermostat with a portable remote sensor (google Honeywell RedLINK) that you can take with you when you're in the room and have it kick your system on based on the room temp while in use.

#44,557 ·
There's really not enough information here to go on so it will be tough for anyone to give much of an answer. Check out this thread for the type of questions that help determine the best solution for a particular situation.
Primary uses: 60% HT, 40% Music
Listening habits: No really high SPL required. I like to turn it up a notch for movies, or when I'm actively listening to music, but nothing extreme. I'd say averave, with the occasional loud moments.. :p
Budget, size and looks was already covered since I narrowed it down to 3 specific subs which fit the criteria.

#44,558 ·

Attachments

#44,559 ·
Dear Rythmik Audio representative,

I acknowledge that research and development can be time consuming and that you have replied briefly to my inquiries previosly.

But I am very eager to hear any new pieces of information about the different cone materials. Is there anything you could share with us conserning the carbon fiber or fiberglass or any other cone materials?

I am in need of a pair of subwoofers for my new listening space that I am currently working on. The time to make the purchase is getting closer..

#44,560 ·
I have a shortlist to choose from based on price (max $1900) and max heigt (150inch screen is 25inch above floor). Included is the end price I'll be paying:
FVX12 ($1460): maybe enough for my needs, and save a few 100 bucks
E15 ($1900): compact, it has XLR, probably perfect for music, can it fill the room HT wise?
FVX15 ($1850): starting to get huge, WAF 0.01, would just fit under my screen (1 inch free space), it's louder, but as low as the E15?
FV15HP ($2240) is just too expensive...

If I had to choose between them now I would take the E15, just to look at it and say, that's 15inch baby! But can it fill the room when I watch the next Transformers?

I strongly suggest the FV15HP for your room size and concrete floor. You will get A LOT more impact down low compared to the sealed version. It will extend just as low but with much greater output. Sound quality on music will be about the same. Start planning on where to place the second one down the road some day. :D