The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 803 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7239Likes

post #24061 of 27593 Old 01-11-2016, 10:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 571 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
5 Times? You've watched that movie 5 times? It was painful the first run through. Just revisiting the major bass moments, I literally had more fun watching the sub drivers moving than I did the action on the screen.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24062 of 27593 Old 01-12-2016, 05:28 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod2486 View Post
How would one get these discs from scubasteve? Does he sell them?
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/150-bl...-authored.html
post #24063 of 27593 Old 01-12-2016, 07:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3506 Post(s)
Liked: 10885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
I thought the bass in Pixels felt a bit recycled and generic. It was deep and loud, but there wasn't enough of it to make me want to sit through it again. Glad I rented!
Me too. I walked away from Pixels thinking it wasn't anything special. The movie was okay but a one and done for me. The bass was there but there were a lot of other movies I liked way more. I have good bass down to about 10-12 Hz and then I drop off fast. Perhaps Pixels is a movie that you need to have single digit capability to really get it's full impact?
Toe likes this.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24064 of 27593 Old 01-12-2016, 08:53 AM

If I start a thread to get a 2015 bass demo disc started would this be the right subforum? I noticed the other demo discs were in the Theater Builder forum and the compilation thread was in the bluray software forum.
So what would the appropriate home be?
post #24065 of 27593 Old 01-12-2016, 11:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2342 Post(s)
Liked: 2917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Me too. I walked away from Pixels thinking it wasn't anything special. The movie was okay but a one and done for me. The bass was there but there were a lot of other movies I liked way more. I have good bass down to about 10-12 Hz and then I drop off fast. Perhaps Pixels is a movie that you need to have single digit capability to really get it's full impact?
I gotta disagree with you guys a bit, Pixels had some very well done bass with drop dead gorgeous integration and variation. I'm thinking its the "Immersive audio" tilting the scales for me( I could be wrong but the track record is pretty clear so far!) on the movies from last year that contained an Atmos sound track. One of the biggest things I noticed besides the placement of effects within the proverbial bubble was , I no longer needed to go anywhere near reference level to achieve visceral impact as even -17 to -15 could sound downright frightening and completely fills the room with sound. I still stand by MI Rouge Nation as my overall pick as its largely due to the what I feel best across the board presentation
Alembicjeff likes this.
post #24066 of 27593 Old 01-12-2016, 04:53 PM
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 2721 Post(s)
Liked: 3571
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post
I gotta disagree with you guys a bit, Pixels had some very well done bass with drop dead gorgeous integration and variation. I'm thinking its the "Immersive audio" tilting the scales for me( I could be wrong but the track record is pretty clear so far!) on the movies from last year that contained an Atmos sound track. One of the biggest things I noticed besides the placement of effects within the proverbial bubble was , I no longer needed to go anywhere near reference level to achieve visceral impact as even -17 to -15 could sound downright frightening and completely fills the room with sound. I still stand by MI Rouge Nation as my overall pick as its largely due to the what I feel best across the board presentation

No worries. We just have a bit different opinion on Pixels for whatever reason. Lots of variables!

Even though RN was not my pick for best of the year for bass, I can certainly understand your enthusiasm and I also thought it was a fantastic all around track! I just bought a copy yesterday off ebay.
Alembicjeff and audiofan1 like this.

Last edited by Toe; 01-12-2016 at 05:20 PM.
post #24067 of 27593 Old 01-12-2016, 05:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3506 Post(s)
Liked: 10885
Quote:
I understand… I think Toe and I might be in the minority regarding Pixels. I really don't know what movie I would give the "Bass Movie of 2015" award to. But I'm pretty certain I would give Rogue Nation the "Best Overall Audio of 2015" award.
Toe and audiofan1 like this.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
post #24068 of 27593 Old 01-12-2016, 05:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 582
i enjoyed pixels and very much enjoyed the bass with it too. bass of the year? no. but i liked the movie as did my kids and there was enough bass to keep me happy. MIRN wasn't bass of the year either, but as you stated hop, the overall track was simply amazing, and it was a typical cool MI story line. i really can't decide what the best of the year would be as there were a good handful of nice ones. i know many would say MMFR, but i just can't give that one my vote because to me it just became droning noises without much usefulness to the movie.....and i may be slightly biased because i didn't enjoy the movie itself at all. i still have a few to watch as well...i've just been very slow to rent a few that may hit the sweet spot.
audiofan1 and Kini62 like this.
post #24069 of 27593 Old 01-12-2016, 09:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
No worries. We just have a bit different opinion on Pixels for whatever reason. Lots of variables!

Even though RN was not my pick for best of the year for bass, I can certainly understand your enthusiasm and I also thought it was a fantastic all around track! I just bought a copy yesterday off ebay.
Sweet! its definitely a must have for the collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
I understand… I think Toe and I might be in the minority regarding Pixels. I really don't know what movie I would give the "Bass Movie of 2015" award to. But I'm pretty certain I would give Rogue Nation the "Best Overall Audio of 2015" award.
Yeah! I see where you guys are coming from, I had to settle for the whole enchilada as it was just to hard to pick one for bass alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by digler84 View Post
i enjoyed pixels and very much enjoyed the bass with it too. bass of the year? no. but i liked the movie as did my kids and there was enough bass to keep me happy. MIRN wasn't bass of the year either, but as you stated hop, the overall track was simply amazing, and it was a typical cool MI story line. i really can't decide what the best of the year would be as there were a good handful of nice ones. i know many would say MMFR, but i just can't give that one my vote because to me it just became droning noises without much usefulness to the movie.....and i may be slightly biased because i didn't enjoy the movie itself at all. i still have a few to watch as well...i've just been very slow to rent a few that may hit the sweet spot.
If I had to pick the single best bass moment of the year! It would be that massive spike in Jupiter Ascending that with its plummeting infrasonic notes where a treat for sure and not to mention it buckled a wall that was never disturbed before
azz7686 and Hopinater like this.
post #24070 of 27593 Old 01-13-2016, 05:03 AM
Toe

Quote:
Sweet! its definitely a must have for the collection

Yeah! I see where you guys are coming from, I had to settle for the whole enchilada as it was just to hard to pick one for bass alone!

If I had to pick the single best bass moment of the year! It would be that massive spike in Jupiter Ascending that with its plummeting infrasonic notes where a treat for sure and not to mention it buckled a wall that was never disturbed before

Bass pick of the year was easy for me this time. Being a bass fest guy, nothing came close to Fury Road for me. The opening 30 minutes of that movie alone is one of the best HT moments I have had, and that is not even considering the 3d which I have not seen yet!

Overall audio pick was harder for me, but I think I would agree with Hop and give it to Rogue Nation.
audiofan1 likes this.
post #24071 of 27593 Old 01-13-2016, 04:41 PM

Hey guys, started a demo disc thread here

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...demo-disc.html

Would love some input in regards to scenes and timestamps.
post #24072 of 27593 Old 01-14-2016, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post
Finally saw Star Wars vii last night in IMAX 3D. Great movie with a lot of bass potential. Here's hoping they don't screw us on the bluray!

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still
I've seen a few similar comments on this but I must say I'm quit skeptical about this. I also saw it in IMAX but I didn't experience a lot of deep bass. I know a lot of people say the bass in a movie theater isn't representative of how the bass will be on blu ray but I disagree with that. The IMAX I usually go to has very descent bass and watching movies like Interstellar and Jurassic World there gave me a pretty similar bass experience as watching it on blu ray at my home theater.

With The Force Awakans I only had one occasion were I could feel the bass and that was
Spoiler!
. I'm sure there will be a lot of good rumbles and mid-bass but I'm not expecting much deep room-shaking bass like Jurassic World or The Phantom Menace. So don't get your hopes up to high.

Display: Epson EH-TW7300 | Player: PS4 Pro | Media Centre: Raspberry Pi 3 | Receiver: Denon AVR-X2500H | Fronts / surrounds: SVS SBS-01 | Centre: SVS SCS-01 | Sub: SVS PC13 Ultra
post #24073 of 27593 Old 01-15-2016, 05:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I'm confused by the graphs. A lot of them show -20db peaks, rarely any louder. Does this represent 95db lfe or 85db? Are these digital analysis or are they based on the level the graph creator is listening at?
post #24074 of 27593 Old 01-15-2016, 06:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 806
New Cloverfield on way - I think - kind of teaser - looks fun - loved first one
Toe, audiofan1, ambesolman and 3 others like this.

15400 Watts of Atmos Seaton Power -Quad SubMersived - JVC N7
post #24075 of 27593 Old 01-16-2016, 11:27 AM
Toe

Thanks for the Momentum recs from a ways back guys. Really enjoyed this bass fest! Was surprised how much bass was in this film.

Fantastic Four on tap for tonight!
GPBURNS and audiofan1 like this.
post #24076 of 27593 Old 01-16-2016, 12:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2110 Post(s)
Liked: 2140
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPBURNS View Post
New Cloverfield on way - I think - kind of teaser - looks fun - loved first one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQy-ANhnUpE

I am pretty excited about this one!

The newest Paranormal Activity The Ghost Dimension might be worth a rental to some bassheads in here. With the rental you get the DTSHD soundtrack and the last chapter in this series has the most bass. Dunno how low it goes but it kept me watching the movie!
Toe and GPBURNS like this.
post #24077 of 27593 Old 01-16-2016, 05:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Olympus Has Fallen has a sequel now. London Has Fallen. I hope it has some epic monument type scenes in it too!
ambesolman likes this.

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
post #24078 of 27593 Old 01-16-2016, 07:43 PM
Toe

Damn! You guys weren't kidding about that ~15 minute section toward the end of F4! Feel like I just got my ass kicked from pounding LFE!
post #24079 of 27593 Old 01-17-2016, 12:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the Momentum recs from a ways back guys. Really enjoyed this bass fest! Was surprised how much bass was in this film.

Fantastic Four on tap for tonight!
Oh yeah! Momentum caught me off guard!Bass fest (and eye fest) it was!

Quote:
Damn! You guys weren't kidding about that ~15 minute section toward the end of F4! Feel like I just got my ass kicked from pounding LFE!
Wasn't really interested in this one but I'm all in for a good fight with some LFE
Toe likes this.
post #24080 of 27593 Old 01-17-2016, 03:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by kick ass sub View Post
I've seen a few similar comments on this but I must say I'm quit skeptical about this. I also saw it in IMAX but I didn't experience a lot of deep bass. I know a lot of people say the bass in a movie theater isn't representative of how the bass will be on blu ray but I disagree with that. The IMAX I usually go to has very descent bass and watching movies like Interstellar and Jurassic World there gave me a pretty similar bass experience as watching it on blu ray at my home theater.

With The Force Awakans I only had one occasion were I could feel the bass and that was
Spoiler!
. I'm sure there will be a lot of good rumbles and mid-bass but I'm not expecting much deep room-shaking bass like Jurassic World or The Phantom Menace. So don't get your hopes up to high.
The lowest bass in SW:TFA was during the
Spoiler!
post #24081 of 27593 Old 01-17-2016, 05:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Yea bass was good but that was about it IMO. What did you think about the movie?

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
post #24082 of 27593 Old 01-17-2016, 06:49 AM
Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
Yea bass was good but that was about it IMO. What did you think about the movie?
Let's just say if I had purchased this film I would be punching myself in the face and trying to figure out how to get my money back! Does that answer the question?

That 15 minute stretch is a perfect candidate for a demo disc if another is made since there is no way I would buy this movie!

Agreed on the eye fest aspect of Momentum Audiofan! Enjoy F4, but make sure you rent it!

Also watched Pacific Rim for the first time since my sub/speakers upgrade and while I know its not the deepest extender out there, that movie absolutely POUNDS! What a kick ass bass fest! That whole 20 minute ocean/city battle section an hour or so into the film made me feel like the house was going to come down on top of me!! Throw in killer 3d and it's still one of my favorite HT rides.

Last edited by Toe; 01-17-2016 at 07:01 AM.
post #24083 of 27593 Old 01-17-2016, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:

What movie is F4?
post #24084 of 27593 Old 01-17-2016, 11:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantaraydesign View Post
What movie is F4?

Fantastic 4

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
post #24085 of 27593 Old 01-17-2016, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
Fantastic 4

Thanks!
post #24086 of 27593 Old 01-17-2016, 01:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1098 Post(s)
Liked: 2453
I thought The martian had its moments but overall I thought it was mastered ( over all volume ) a bit low for my liking.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Marantz SR7013 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 monoblocks, 7.4.2 Atmos, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, 2 Volt 6 Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, 2 LaVoce 21inch Neo DIY subs and 2 PSA S3600I'S.
post #24087 of 27593 Old 01-17-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
That 15 minute stretch is a perfect candidate for a demo disc if another is made since there is no way I would buy this movie!
Was planning on using F4.
post #24088 of 27593 Old 01-17-2016, 03:31 PM
Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickett View Post
Was planning on using F4.
Nice! Now if I can just find some kind soul to burn and send me a copy when it hits since I don't have a blu ray drive.
post #24089 of 27593 Old 01-17-2016, 03:44 PM

Won't need a drive, you will be able to play it without burning it. That is if you have a htpc
post #24090 of 27593 Old 01-17-2016, 03:47 PM
Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickett View Post
Won't need a drive, you will be able to play it without burning it. That is if you have a htpc
I don't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Alien Vs Predator Blu Ray , Amazing Spiderman Ultimate Edition , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Back To The Future 25th Anniversary Trilogy Digital Copy Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Battleship , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , Blu Ray Movies , Bolt Blu Ray , Braveheart Blu Ray , Captain America The First Avenger Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy , Casino Royale Blu Ray , Clash Of The Titans Blu Ray , Cloverfield Blu Ray , Conan The Barbarian Blu Ray , Daredevil Directors Cut Blu Ray , Death Race 3 Inferno Blu Ray , Devil Blu Ray Widescreen , Disneys Wall E Blu Ray , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Fantastic 4 Rise Of The Silver Surfer , Fast Five Blu Ray , Finding Nemo , Flight Of The Phoenix Blu Ray , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Hanna Blu Ray , Harry Potter The Order Of The Phoenix Playstation3 Game Ea , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Hitman Digital Copy Blu Ray , Hot Fuzz 2 Disc Special Edition Region 2 Dvd , How To Train Your Dragon Two Disc Blu Ray 3d Dvd Combo , Hurt Locker Blu Ray , Immortals Blu Ray , Inception Two Disc Edition Blu Ray , Iron Man 2 Single Disc Edition Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Digital Copy Combo Pack , Jurassic Park 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Kill Bill Volume 1 Blu Ray , Kung Fu Panda 2 Three Disc Combo Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Kung Fu Panda Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Last Stand Blu Ray , Live Free Or Die Hard Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Man Of Steel Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Marvels The Avengers , Matrix , Max Payne Unrated Edition Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Oz The Great And Powerful Blu Ray 3d Digital Copy , Oz The Great And Powerful Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Pirates Of The Caribbean At Worlds End , Pirates Of The Caribbean At Worlds End Three Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Pirates Of The Caribbean Three Movie Set Curse Of The Black Pearl Dead Mans Chest At Worlds End Blu , Prince Of Persia The Sands Of Time Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , Rambo Blu Ray , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Resident Evil Afterlife Blu Ray , Resident Evil Apocalypse Blu Ray , Resident Evil Retribution 3d Two Disc Combo Blu Ray Ultraviolet Digital Copy , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Sherlock Holmes Blu Ray , Skyfall Blu Ray , Skyline Blu Ray , Star Trek Blu Ray , Star Trek Into Darkness Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Star Wars , Subwoofers , Sucker Punch Two Disc Extended Edition Blu Ray , Super 8 Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy , Svs Pb2000 , Terminator Salvation Two Disc Directors Cut Blu Ray , The Cabin In The Woods , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Rises Limited Edition Bat Cowl Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Hunger Games Blu Ray Digital Copy , The Incredible Hulk Blu Ray , The Incredibles Four Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy , The Last Airbender Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , The Lord Of The Rings The Motion Picture Trilogy The Fellowship Of The Ring The Two Towers The Retur , The Pacific Blu Ray , The Raid Redemption , The Ultimate Matrix Collection Blu Ray , The Worlds End Blu Ray Dvd Digital Hd With Ultraviolet , Thor Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Total Recall , Toy Story 3 Blu Ray , Transformers Dark Of The Moon Three Disc Combo Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Two Disc Special Edition Blu Ray , Triangle Blu Ray , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , U 571 Blu Ray , Underworld Awakening Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray 3d , Unstoppable Blu Ray Digital Copy , Valkyrie Blu Ray , War Of The Worlds Blu Ray , Windtalkers Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , X Men Origins Wolverine Two Disc Ultimate Edition Blu Ray , X Men Origins Wolverine Uncaged Edition , X Men The Last Stand Blu Ray , Xxx , Zombieland Blu Ray

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page