List of budget subwoofers ($300 and less) - Page 103 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 550Likes

post #3061 of 3068 Old 05-07-2020, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjdonovan423 View Post
Hi Guys and Gals,
Just a quick question, I'm currently running a Denon 6500H (11 chan av) to Deftech 9060s front (w/B-In 300 watt subs), matching center and 8 in ceiling micca 6.6 & 8" for surrounds and atmos (these are only 40 bucks each and sound AWESOME!!!). I want to add 2 subs in the rear.. My room is in the basement and is approx 25' x 18' and it just sounds like it can use two more subs in the rear. (well, more like 'TO FEEL 2 MORE SUBS' in the rear. The Denon now is running the LFE/subs out to the Deftechs, if I change the conf. of the fronts to 'LARGE' speakers I could remove the sub outs and run the LFEs to the NEW rear subs? or is it better to split the 2 sub outs and run all 4 off the two sub outs on the Denon. SOrry if this question should be asked on a different thread, but I would like to add two inexpensive subs in the rear and <300 would be up my alley.

Thanks all, stay safe and crank up the music and movies

You can definitely add a sub (or two) to a room of that size. But don't think that you must allocate to the rear of the room. You may want to allocate to the front, or to opposite points of the room, especially because the DefTech subs are outside-firing.

Also: you may want to add a sub that is at least 12" in diameter. Adding another 10" sub may produce plenty of mid-bass, but little depth.

A/VR: Sony STR-DE598; front: 2x Polk Audio (1x RTi6 + 1x TSx220B)
subs: 1x JBL PSW-1200 + 1x BIC RtR RtR-12S
rear: 1x Boston Acoustics CS 26 II + 1x Klipsch Reference R-15M
monitor: LG 24EA53V-P (panel: LG Display AH-IPS)
display: Sony BRAVIA KDL-48W600B (panel: S-LCD S-PVA)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3062 of 3068 Old 05-07-2020, 01:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by philpoe View Post
Hi All,
Looking around for relatively small subs that can reach low. Somehow I came across this one that looks interesting according to specs
https://www.osdaudio.com/products/su...ck-finish.html

I hadn't seen this one before, but was a little familiar with their previous PS-88.

This one claims to have a frequency response of 20Hz-160Hz from an 8" downward driver and 8" passive radiator and 300W class D amplifier.
Available on Amazon for a $199.99 with free shipping.
https://www.amazon.com/OSD-Audio-PS8...dp/B0085OB5PW/

Sounds almost too good to be true! At that price and those specs, I'd consider doubling up and experiment with L/R subs on the mains.
If they were Prime and allowed returns without restocking fees, I'd already have them ordered

Anyone ever try one of these?
That’s funny I saw those on amazon today. OSD makes some good subwoofer. I used to own the 10 inch version and loved it. It’s amazon, so you can always return it. I see they are selling a pair of bookshelves 5.25 for $70 as well.
post #3063 of 3068 Old 05-07-2020, 02:21 PM
Advanced Member

Hi Jim reviewed this one? I bet it Sounds good.

OSD Audio 400W Ported Cylinder Cabinetry Home Theater Subwoofer, Nero Tubebass-10 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SSJV14H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ROhTEbGCRQMXB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3064 of 3068 Old 05-07-2020, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter
Writer & Reviewer

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Quoted: 2491 Post(s)
Liked: 3991
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterlife2 View Post
Hi Jim reviewed this one? I bet it Sounds good.

OSD Audio 400W Ported Cylinder Cabinetry Home Theater Subwoofer, Nero Tubebass-10 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SSJV14H..._ROhTEbGCRQMXB
It's funny you mention that subwoofer Joe. When I finished the Black Series review and returned that equipment the owner of OSD contacted me and asked if I wanted one of those to evaluate. He seemed quite pleased with how that subwoofer worked. I have enough gear to keep me busy into the summer so I declined, but now I'm wondering if I should have; you are the 3rd or 4th person to ask me about that exact subwoofer, something pretty uncommon for a budget sub. Maybe some time in the future I'll have to ping him and ask for one.

BTW... your avatar is Elvis and the location says Brooklyn? What, no love for Fiona and Florida?

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite.

BTW, did you really need to quote the entire post?
post #3065 of 3068 Old 05-07-2020, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter
Writer & Reviewer

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Quoted: 2491 Post(s)
Liked: 3991
Removed
OSD S10 (discontinued)
OSD S12 (discontinued)

Added
OSD Nero DualX8
OSD Nero TubeBass10

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite.

BTW, did you really need to quote the entire post?
post #3066 of 3068 Old 05-11-2020, 09:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 2
List of budget subwoofers ($300 and less)

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterlife2 View Post
That’s funny I saw those on amazon today. OSD makes some good subwoofer. I used to own the 10 inch version and loved it. It’s amazon, so you can always return it. I see they are selling a pair of bookshelves 5.25 for $70 as well.

It’s about large surface area for low octaves I use a 15 in bedroom but my other two are 10s and they are plenty loud so yes 10” is a good size if it’s well built ..
You can buy two 10!, for every 15 usually but the 15 can be better or lower quality zzz
High end 10 beats a low end or mediocre 15...
$259 for a cylinder subwoofer I’d jump on that fast if I wasn’t broke..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3067 of 3068 Old 05-12-2020, 08:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
It's funny you mention that subwoofer Joe. When I finished the Black Series review and returned that equipment the owner of OSD contacted me and asked if I wanted one of those to evaluate. He seemed quite pleased with how that subwoofer worked. I have enough gear to keep me busy into the summer so I declined, but now I'm wondering if I should have; you are the 3rd or 4th person to ask me about that exact subwoofer, something pretty uncommon for a budget sub. Maybe some time in the future I'll have to ping him and ask for one.

BTW... your avatar is Elvis and the location says Brooklyn? What, no love for Fiona and Florida?
Hiya Jim!

Hope you are well. You turned down a cylinder??? whoa.😛 I hope you can still review it. I’m sure it’s no SVS, but I bet can hang like the S10 or better. What about their OSD bookshelf for 70? Haha well I haven’t frequent AVS forum in a while. Got laid off in March, so I’ll be around a bit more. I need to change the location to Florida. As you know I’m a big Elvis and Fiona fan, so interchange them. I’m also glad you’re still reviewing subs for all of us to save money!

Last edited by afterlife2; 05-12-2020 at 08:38 AM.
post #3068 of 3068 Old 05-12-2020, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblackburn101 View Post
It’s about large surface area for low octaves I use a 15 in bedroom but my other two are 10s and they are plenty loud so yes 10” is a good size if it’s well built ..
You can buy two 10!, for every 15 usually but the 15 can be better or lower quality zzz
High end 10 beats a low end or mediocre 15...
$259 for a cylinder subwoofer I’d jump on that fast if I wasn’t broke..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha yep I’d love to hear both the cylinder and their 5.25 bookshelf as well. Hopefully the job front will be better soon for all of us.👏✌️
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Acoustic Audio , Acoustic Audio Psw 8 300 Watt 8 Audiophile Series Powered Subwoofer , Acoustic Audio Rwsub 8 300 Watt 8 Home Theater Series Powered Subwoofer , Aperion Audio , Bic America , Dayton Audio Sub 800 8 80 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Energy Esw C8 8 Inch Subwoofer Black , Energy Esw M8 Na 1200 Watt Subwoofer , Hsu Research , Hsu Research Stf 1 Subwoofer 150 Watt , Infinity Ps 12 Subwoofer , Jamo Sub210 8 Powered Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Kw 100 120v Subwoofer , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Sub 12hg Synergy Series 12 Inch 300 Watt Subwoofer With High Gloss Trim Black , Klipsch Synergy Sub 10 Subwoofer Speaker , Martin Logan , Martinlogan Dynamo 300 Home Theater And Stereo Subwoofer , Polk Audio Psw110 10 Inch Powered Subwoofer Single Cherry , Polk Audio Psw505 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer Single Black , Polk Audio Tsi500 Black 3 1 Tower Speaker System Free Psw 110 , Polk Psw108 10 100w Psw Series Powered Subwoofer , Scosche Hdw12 Subwoofer 12 , Subwoofers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page