The Official XTZ Owners Thread - Page 11 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 148Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #301 of 329 Old 07-29-2018, 04:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)
Liked: 841
At the 3x12 demo price of $1,499 I think it's the best sub you can buy for the money. But at its regular price of $2,499 I'd rather go elsewhere. Not saying it can't hang with the big boys but if I'm paying $2,500 I def want better customer service.
MIX_MASTER_ICE and iceatola like this.
GeoJustGeo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #302 of 329 Old 07-29-2018, 05:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MIX_MASTER_ICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,926
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2590 Post(s)
Liked: 2416
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoJustGeo View Post
At the 3x12 demo price of $1,499 I think it's the best sub you can buy for the money. But at its regular price of $2,499 I'd rather go elsewhere. Not saying it can't hang with the big boys but if I'm paying $2,500 I def want better customer service.

Yeah, $2500 would be a tough pill to swallow considering this is a foreign company that doesn't seem to have their ducks in a row when it comes to their US operations. It's interesting that they have lowered the regular price on the 1X12, but not the 3X12. With several good options for large subs from American companies for less $$, not sure how they will sell very many 3X12's in America.
GeoJustGeo likes this.

Subs>RBH I-12e/I-12. HSU VTF-15H mk2. Monolith THX 12(x2)/THX 10(x2). XTZ 1X12. SVS PB-1000(x2). Speakers>JBL 270/235c/230/225c, Arena 130/125c. Jamo S807/S803. Infinity P363/163. Sony CS3/CS8/CS5. QA 3020i/3090Ci, 2020i/2000c. Monolith Cinema 5 bs. Polk RTiA1/CsiA4. Other Audio>Sony MDR-Z7m2, WH-XB700, XB32, XB31. Sennheiser HD58X, HD4.50, PC37X. SIVGA SV004. HyperX Cloud PS4 HS. Plantronics RIG500 Pro HS. LG FH6,RK8,RK7,PK5. UE Boom3.
MIX_MASTER_ICE is online now  
post #303 of 329 Old 07-29-2018, 11:58 PM
Senior Member
 
dubusduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 330
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoJustGeo View Post
Any updates?

I know there were a few ppl who placed orders and said delivery was around the end of July.

Or any new impressions or numbers they'd like to share?
He didn’t want to honor the price. I got two different prices from him. Told me

I had many exchanges over email with Olle. It was kind of strange as he discouraged me from buying the subs saying my room and room correction software was the issue. I asked him to be honest and tell if the reason he was saying that is that he could not honor his demo price for me anymore or did he really feel the subs will not work in my room? He was adamant it was the latter. He first started off by saying whether I even had the room for 2 3x12 after looking at the room pic and I told him I did, then he started asking about the room more and the RC at which point he said the issue was the room...It was just kind of weird, no room is perfect and you make the best of what you have. I have not seen a sub manufacturer just say don't buy my subs since the issue is your room. I guess in the end it was for the best. I actually feel better about not spending $3k on their subs. It was all a bit strange...
He didn’t want to honor the price. I got two different prices from him on the 3x12.

LG 65EF9500: Sony UBP-X800; Oppo 105D; Denon 7200WA; Polk LSI; Axiom Audio M5HP; SVS SB-13 Ultra; John 3:16;
dubusduck is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #304 of 329 Old 07-30-2018, 07:09 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Yes, I would asssert based on my experience with the 1X12 only Monoprice and some of the cheaper Hsus can compete at this price for a 12” adequately powered sub, and balanced connections, form factor and finish give XTZ some real competitive advantages. NB I LOVE my Arendal 2’s, which replaced my M&K , But let’s acknowledge its 2x the price.

Look, if your HT budget has you into Macintosh land for electronics, you should be playing with Veodyne, REL etc.
If its ANthem range, you shoudl be looking at flagships in many established US internet firms (PSA, Hsu, JTR, Rhytmik, AND most definitely, Arendal)
But if you are using hi value non flagship Denon, Yamaha, marantz, onkyo, owner, I cant see why you wouldn’t consider the 1x12 esp in multiples.
GeoJustGeo likes this.
deucevantage is offline  
post #305 of 329 Old 08-03-2018, 07:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)
Liked: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiya View Post
3x12 is regular price at $2499 now but no stock.
Last communication email I got from XTZ was July 20th saying 2 more weeks to deliver still on the boat as of now.
I placed the order on June 17th back then I was told delivery time is 5 weeks so it's already 1 week late. Hopefully, I can get it at the beginning of August, crossing my finger now.
If weren't for the demo price I wouldn't wait that long.
Update?
GeoJustGeo is offline  
post #306 of 329 Old 08-03-2018, 11:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoJustGeo View Post
Update?
Worth the wait- cant imagine anything touching this sub at that price if you have the room (and a dedicated circuit ! (LOL) I also think this stack will solve many mode issues you might have with any single sub that isn’t really near field..and would otherwise have to address with multiple subs. At demo price you are in essence getting Three 1x12 XTZ ...at half the price ... and at list price, considering the build finish, size sound and features, 1x12 at list price is not a bad sub at ALL !

Of course you COULD get 2 Monolith 12 inch subs for that price but XTZ much better finish, 50 % more cone space and wattage. ...and probably a more seamless buying experience.
deucevantage is offline  
post #307 of 329 Old 08-03-2018, 11:50 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)
Liked: 841
Do you own the 1x12 or the 3x12?
GeoJustGeo is offline  
post #308 of 329 Old 08-03-2018, 11:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MIX_MASTER_ICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,926
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2590 Post(s)
Liked: 2416
Quote:
Originally Posted by deucevantage View Post
Worth the wait- cant imagine anything touching this sub at that price if you have the room (and a dedicated circuit ! (LOL) I also think this stack will solve many mode issues you might have with any single sub that isn’t really near field..and would otherwise have to address with multiple subs. At demo price you are in essence getting Three 1x12 XTZ ...at half the price ... and at list price, considering the build finish, size sound and features, 1x12 at list price is not a bad sub at ALL !

Of course you COULD get 2 Monolith 12 inch subs for that price but XTZ much better finish, 50 % more cone space and wattage. ...and probably a more seamless buying experience.

I was somewhat with you until the last part. lol
GeoJustGeo likes this.

Subs>RBH I-12e/I-12. HSU VTF-15H mk2. Monolith THX 12(x2)/THX 10(x2). XTZ 1X12. SVS PB-1000(x2). Speakers>JBL 270/235c/230/225c, Arena 130/125c. Jamo S807/S803. Infinity P363/163. Sony CS3/CS8/CS5. QA 3020i/3090Ci, 2020i/2000c. Monolith Cinema 5 bs. Polk RTiA1/CsiA4. Other Audio>Sony MDR-Z7m2, WH-XB700, XB32, XB31. Sennheiser HD58X, HD4.50, PC37X. SIVGA SV004. HyperX Cloud PS4 HS. Plantronics RIG500 Pro HS. LG FH6,RK8,RK7,PK5. UE Boom3.
MIX_MASTER_ICE is online now  
post #309 of 329 Old 08-04-2018, 06:16 AM
Senior Member
 
tamiya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Broward, Florida
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoJustGeo View Post
Update?
Still no news. I double check their US store page still showing oos now.

Marantz AV7703, Outlaw 7700+5000
LCR JBL 590, Surround 530, Surround Back 520c, Atmos Arena B15
IB SBA setup with 4x18" IB3-V2 & NX3000D
Epson 5040ub, 133" 16:9 Milliskin
FS: Brand new never open JBL Studio 580 speaker pair
tamiya is offline  
post #310 of 329 Old 08-04-2018, 09:26 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)
Liked: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiya View Post
Still no news. I double check their US store page still showing oos now.
Yeah they are out of stock but didn't you say yours was on the ship last week I think? You should be getting it any day now....
GeoJustGeo is offline  
post #311 of 329 Old 08-04-2018, 09:27 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)
Liked: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
I was somewhat with you until the last part. lol
Lmaooo!
GeoJustGeo is offline  
post #312 of 329 Old 08-04-2018, 09:14 PM
Senior Member
 
tamiya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Broward, Florida
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoJustGeo View Post
Yeah they are out of stock but didn't you say yours was on the ship last week I think? You should be getting it any day now....
The thing is with freight shipping you gotta make delivery arrangements and you have a tracking number too. I don't think it's available as of now.

Marantz AV7703, Outlaw 7700+5000
LCR JBL 590, Surround 530, Surround Back 520c, Atmos Arena B15
IB SBA setup with 4x18" IB3-V2 & NX3000D
Epson 5040ub, 133" 16:9 Milliskin
FS: Brand new never open JBL Studio 580 speaker pair
tamiya is offline  
post #313 of 329 Old 08-04-2018, 11:19 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiya View Post
The thing is with freight shipping you gotta make delivery arrangements and you have a tracking number too. I don't think it's available as of now.
My bad, transposed the last two sentences- monolith looks to have the distinct edge in seamless purchase experience.
GeoJustGeo likes this.
deucevantage is offline  
post #314 of 329 Old 08-22-2018, 06:57 AM
Senior Member
 
tamiya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Broward, Florida
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Update:
I just cancel my pre-order of 3x12 after 8.5 weeks wait.
It's 5 weeks delivery time when I placed the order, then 2 weeks when 5 weeks is up, and told me "any days" when the 2 weeks is up.
So after another 10 days or so I gave up.
When I ask for the refund 3 days(8/16-8/18) no response. So I open a case in PayPal and got my money back on 8/20

Very disappointed.
GeoJustGeo likes this.

Marantz AV7703, Outlaw 7700+5000
LCR JBL 590, Surround 530, Surround Back 520c, Atmos Arena B15
IB SBA setup with 4x18" IB3-V2 & NX3000D
Epson 5040ub, 133" 16:9 Milliskin
FS: Brand new never open JBL Studio 580 speaker pair
tamiya is offline  
post #315 of 329 Old 08-22-2018, 07:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
imureh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,291
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2676 Post(s)
Liked: 3206
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiya View Post
Update:

I just cancel my pre-order of 3x12 after 8.5 weeks wait.

It's 5 weeks delivery time when I placed the order, then 2 weeks when 5 weeks is up, and told me "any days" when the 2 weeks is up.

So after another 10 days or so I gave up.

When I ask for the refund 3 days(8/16-8/18) no response. So I open a case in PayPal and got my money back on 8/20



Very disappointed.


Probably for the best. I decided not to pursue either.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GeoJustGeo likes this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
imureh is online now  
post #316 of 329 Old 08-22-2018, 08:49 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 13,089
Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 8840
Quote:
Originally Posted by deucevantage View Post
Worth the wait- cant imagine anything touching this sub at that price if you have the room (and a dedicated circuit ! (LOL) I also think this stack will solve many mode issues you might have with any single sub that isn’t really near field..and would otherwise have to address with multiple subs. At demo price you are in essence getting Three 1x12 XTZ ...at half the price ... and at list price, considering the build finish, size sound and features, 1x12 at list price is not a bad sub at ALL !

Of course you COULD get 2 Monolith 12 inch subs for that price but XTZ much better finish, 50 % more cone space and wattage. ...and probably a more seamless buying experience.
2019 JTR 118HT while 1530.00 + shipping is going to be tough to beat imo. Preliminary data shows about a +2db output advantage across the entire 16-80hz FR compared to the 3x12.
basshead81 is offline  
post #317 of 329 Old 08-22-2018, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)
Liked: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiya View Post
Update:
I just cancel my pre-order of 3x12 after 8.5 weeks wait.
It's 5 weeks delivery time when I placed the order, then 2 weeks when 5 weeks is up, and told me "any days" when the 2 weeks is up.
So after another 10 days or so I gave up.
When I ask for the refund 3 days(8/16-8/18) no response. So I open a case in PayPal and got my money back on 8/20

Very disappointed.
Damn that is a long time to wait, sorry to hear that. That sucks man, cuz they really do make good products, if only they had their **** together. Had I had the funds and more trust in them I would've gone for 4 3x12's at their demo price and been done!

So what's your next sub option from here?
GeoJustGeo is offline  
post #318 of 329 Old 08-22-2018, 02:51 PM
Senior Member
 
tamiya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Broward, Florida
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoJustGeo View Post
Damn that is a long time to wait, sorry to hear that. That sucks man, cuz they really do make good products, if only they had their **** together. Had I had the funds and more trust in them I would've gone for 4 3x12's at their demo price and been done!

So what's your next sub option from here?
Totally different approach.
SBA baffle wall IB, Fi audio IB318 x 4

Marantz AV7703, Outlaw 7700+5000
LCR JBL 590, Surround 530, Surround Back 520c, Atmos Arena B15
IB SBA setup with 4x18" IB3-V2 & NX3000D
Epson 5040ub, 133" 16:9 Milliskin
FS: Brand new never open JBL Studio 580 speaker pair
tamiya is offline  
post #319 of 329 Old 08-22-2018, 04:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MIX_MASTER_ICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,926
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2590 Post(s)
Liked: 2416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiya View Post
Update:
I just cancel my pre-order of 3x12 after 8.5 weeks wait.
It's 5 weeks delivery time when I placed the order, then 2 weeks when 5 weeks is up, and told me "any days" when the 2 weeks is up.
So after another 10 days or so I gave up.
When I ask for the refund 3 days(8/16-8/18) no response. So I open a case in PayPal and got my money back on 8/20

Very disappointed.

So they charged you the full price and then left you hanging for over two months and then never replied when you asked for a refund? That's worse than Reaction Audio. Hard to understand how this company can drop the ball so much and so often. I can vouch for the 1X12 being a really nice sub, but it might be a better idea for XTZ to stop selling in America completely until they get their operations sorted and staffed.

Subs>RBH I-12e/I-12. HSU VTF-15H mk2. Monolith THX 12(x2)/THX 10(x2). XTZ 1X12. SVS PB-1000(x2). Speakers>JBL 270/235c/230/225c, Arena 130/125c. Jamo S807/S803. Infinity P363/163. Sony CS3/CS8/CS5. QA 3020i/3090Ci, 2020i/2000c. Monolith Cinema 5 bs. Polk RTiA1/CsiA4. Other Audio>Sony MDR-Z7m2, WH-XB700, XB32, XB31. Sennheiser HD58X, HD4.50, PC37X. SIVGA SV004. HyperX Cloud PS4 HS. Plantronics RIG500 Pro HS. LG FH6,RK8,RK7,PK5. UE Boom3.
MIX_MASTER_ICE is online now  
post #320 of 329 Old 08-22-2018, 05:36 PM
Senior Member
 
tamiya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Broward, Florida
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
So they charged you the full price and then left you hanging for over two months and then never replied when you asked for a refund? That's worse than Reaction Audio. Hard to understand how this company can drop the ball so much and so often. I can vouch for the 1X12 being a really nice sub, but it might be a better idea for XTZ to stop selling in America completely until they get their operations sorted and staffed.
Yes, you got it right.
Request for order cancel and refund on Thu, Aug 16, 8:24 AM; still nothing on Sat, Aug 18, 1:44 PM.
So I open the PayPal case around 2 pm. Got my refund back on Mon, Aug 20, 5:30 AM
They kept the entire payment of $1499.00 from Jun 16, 2018 to Aug 20, 2018
GeoJustGeo likes this.

Marantz AV7703, Outlaw 7700+5000
LCR JBL 590, Surround 530, Surround Back 520c, Atmos Arena B15
IB SBA setup with 4x18" IB3-V2 & NX3000D
Epson 5040ub, 133" 16:9 Milliskin
FS: Brand new never open JBL Studio 580 speaker pair
tamiya is offline  
post #321 of 329 Old 09-17-2018, 05:37 AM
Member
 
Thomasdk1405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Hi
know from reading this thread that you guys from US have had some problems getting XTZ speakers delivered. But since I live in Denmark - I'm kind of next door to Sweden where they make those speakers. And because the Swedish currency is weak compared to the Danish currency I will be able to buy the 3x12 sub for around 1.877 $. I have the PSA V1800 - it hits hard from 30 hz and up - but not so much from 25 hz and down. War of worlds pod emerge and the Olympus has fallen - monument scene (hard on subs I know) - but my old pb 13 ultra did better here than my V1800. So question to some of you that have this 3x12 sub - how is this sub on movies like this ? I know it's THX ultra certified. I don't mind the height of this thing - it's more the footprint I care about - and here the pb 13 and pb 16 is not so good. So I'm looking for a replacement sub that can dig below 20 hz + of course also fare well above - I want it all

On my radar I also have Rythmik FV18, JTR captivator 2400 / 2400 ULF - but gave up on JTR - lots of mails and no reply. Rythmik - not tried yet but again since those 2 brands are US made I will have to pay big time in shipping and import tax. No such thing with XTZ since I can drive to Sweden and transport the sub in my car (if it can fit - saw a picture - it looked huge).

I think it was GeoJustGeo that bought a 3x12 and Jim Wilson that tested it and was impressed.
From data-bass I can see that it can dig into 12,5 hz - but if it just can go down to 16 hz with good power I would be satisfied.

XTZ has also been rewarded with nice reviews so it should be a very good brand.

So if someone could tell me how this sub performs with the 2 scenes above or some of the other classic scenes like dragon crash scene from HTTYD, Pulse - server room scene and so on - and yes - I like when things shake the house and my wife does not (and tells me that I'm insane !! )

/Thomas
mthomas47 likes this.
Thomasdk1405 is offline  
post #322 of 329 Old 09-17-2018, 05:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
imureh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,291
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2676 Post(s)
Liked: 3206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasdk1405 View Post
Hi
know from reading this thread that you guys from US have had some problems getting XTZ speakers delivered. But since I live in Denmark - I'm kind of next door to Sweden where they make those speakers. And because the Swedish currency is weak compared to the Danish currency I will be able to buy the 3x12 sub for around 1.877 $. I have the PSA V1800 - it hits hard from 30 hz and up - but not so much from 25 hz and down. War of worlds pod emerge and the Olympus has fallen - monument scene (hard on subs I know) - but my old pb 13 ultra did better here than my V1800. So question to some of you that have this 3x12 sub - how is this sub on movies like this ? I know it's THX ultra certified. I don't mind the height of this thing - it's more the footprint I care about - and here the pb 13 and pb 16 is not so good. So I'm looking for a replacement sub that can dig below 20 hz + of course also fare well above - I want it all

On my radar I also have Rythmik FV18, JTR captivator 2400 / 2400 ULF - but gave up on JTR - lots of mails and no reply. Rythmik - not tried yet but again since those 2 brands are US made I will have to pay big time in shipping and import tax. No such thing with XTZ since I can drive to Sweden and transport the sub in my car (if it can fit - saw a picture - it looked huge).

I think it was GeoJustGeo that bought a 3x12 and Jim Wilson that tested it and was impressed.
From data-bass I can see that it can dig into 12,5 hz - but if it just can go down to 16 hz with good power I would be satisfied.

XTZ has also been rewarded with nice reviews so it should be a very good brand.

So if someone could tell me how this sub performs with the 2 scenes above or some of the other classic scenes like dragon crash scene from HTTYD, Pulse - server room scene and so on - and yes - I like when things shake the house and my wife does not (and tells me that I'm insane !! )

/Thomas
In your scenario I think I would go with the XTZ 3x12. For deep bass you can't go better than the JTR 2400ULF but the cost is a factor for you, same with Rythmik, the FV18 does dig deep. I think that the XTZ will blend in better with the V1800 than the other subs would, so that should be a plus. I believe you can take advantage of the XTZ 60 day trial and return if it does not work for you. I believe you would get free shipping inbound.
mthomas47 likes this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
imureh is online now  
post #323 of 329 Old 09-18-2018, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter
Writer & Reviewer
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 8,116
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2155 Post(s)
Liked: 3237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasdk1405 View Post
War of worlds pod emerge and the Olympus has fallen - monument scene (hard on subs I know) - but my old pb 13 ultra did better here than my V1800. So question to some of you that have this 3x12 sub - how is this sub on movies like this ? I know it's THX ultra certified.

I think it was GeoJustGeo that bought a 3x12 and Jim Wilson that tested it and was impressed.
From data-bass I can see that it can dig into 12,5 hz - but if it just can go down to 16 hz with good power I would be satisfied.
I can't say with certainty how the 3X12 would fare on those 2 particular scenes, but I can say the depth and output it is capable of suggest to me that you would be satisfied with how it performed. If something is capable it will be capable with pretty much all material.

 
If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite...
JimWilson is online now  
post #324 of 329 Old 10-12-2018, 08:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)
Liked: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoJustGeo View Post
Damn that is a long time to wait, sorry to hear that. That sucks man, cuz they really do make good products, if only they had their **** together. Had I had the funds and more trust in them I would've gone for 4 3x12's at their demo price and been done!
Well guys, I'm at a point where I gotta make a call on my next step. Owning 2 diff subs from 2 diff companies is not ideal, and my testing has showed me why.

Therefore, I have once again emailed Olle about possibly doing business once again. I didn't think I'd actually ever get here but as you can see from my post above, I've always wanted more 3x12's.

If we can't do business then at least I can scratch out that option and move on to my next move.
GeoJustGeo is offline  
post #325 of 329 Old 10-14-2018, 05:01 AM
Member
 
Thomasdk1405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 67
@JimWilson - you've heard both the JTR cap 1400, Rythmik FV18 and the XTZ 3x12. In your mind how would you compare those 3 sonic wise. Also wonder if the current version you can buy now is the same as you reviewed - you mention nothing about this subwoofer to be THX ultra certified - and all other reviews of this sub around 2015 - the same. So wonder if they changed something after this version and now have the THX certification. The test on data-bass.com - performed by Josh has an in-room chart that goes to 10 hz - impressive - but for my sake I say down to 15 hz with solid output that is fine with me !
Living in Denmark and with the shipping and import tax - the Rythmik and JTR is a no go - and all other brands available is too weak. I have SVS pb-16 or pb-4000 as options to buy or to go with the XTZ 3x12. PB-16 is 3.700 $, the PB-4000 is 2.633 $ and the XTZ is 1.895 $. From what I read and compare it should be the XTZ + the footprint is smaller than those of SVS - I don't mind that they are higher than SVS - most likely the wife don't mind that but she hated my old pb-13 ultra and the size of that one. Wonder what it is with women and sizes - sometimes it's the bigger the better - but guess that is not valid for subwoofers

But if you or other owners of 3x12 could write something here it would be much appreciated.
Thomasdk1405 is offline  
post #326 of 329 Old 10-14-2018, 07:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
imureh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,291
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2676 Post(s)
Liked: 3206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasdk1405 View Post
@JimWilson - you've heard both the JTR cap 1400, Rythmik FV18 and the XTZ 3x12. In your mind how would you compare those 3 sonic wise. Also wonder if the current version you can buy now is the same as you reviewed - you mention nothing about this subwoofer to be THX ultra certified - and all other reviews of this sub around 2015 - the same. So wonder if they changed something after this version and now have the THX certification. The test on data-bass.com - performed by Josh has an in-room chart that goes to 10 hz - impressive - but for my sake I say down to 15 hz with solid output that is fine with me !

Living in Denmark and with the shipping and import tax - the Rythmik and JTR is a no go - and all other brands available is too weak. I have SVS pb-16 or pb-4000 as options to buy or to go with the XTZ 3x12. PB-16 is 3.700 $, the PB-4000 is 2.633 $ and the XTZ is 1.895 $. From what I read and compare it should be the XTZ + the footprint is smaller than those of SVS - I don't mind that they are higher than SVS - most likely the wife don't mind that but she hated my old pb-13 ultra and the size of that one. Wonder what it is with women and sizes - sometimes it's the bigger the better - but guess that is not valid for subwoofers



But if you or other owners of 3x12 could write something here it would be much appreciated.


Not Jim here but many in the US would not have heard the XTZ 3x12. But on the European forums they have excellent reviews. With their in home trial period offered to the Europe customers I think it’s an easy choice.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mthomas47, GeoJustGeo and drh3b like this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
imureh is online now  
post #327 of 329 Old 10-14-2018, 08:09 AM
AVS ***** Member
 
mthomas47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,128
Mentioned: 324 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5373 Post(s)
Liked: 10034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasdk1405 View Post
@JimWilson - you've heard both the JTR cap 1400, Rythmik FV18 and the XTZ 3x12. In your mind how would you compare those 3 sonic wise. Also wonder if the current version you can buy now is the same as you reviewed - you mention nothing about this subwoofer to be THX ultra certified - and all other reviews of this sub around 2015 - the same. So wonder if they changed something after this version and now have the THX certification. The test on data-bass.com - performed by Josh has an in-room chart that goes to 10 hz - impressive - but for my sake I say down to 15 hz with solid output that is fine with me !
Living in Denmark and with the shipping and import tax - the Rythmik and JTR is a no go - and all other brands available is too weak. I have SVS pb-16 or pb-4000 as options to buy or to go with the XTZ 3x12. PB-16 is 3.700 $, the PB-4000 is 2.633 $ and the XTZ is 1.895 $. From what I read and compare it should be the XTZ + the footprint is smaller than those of SVS - I don't mind that they are higher than SVS - most likely the wife don't mind that but she hated my old pb-13 ultra and the size of that one. Wonder what it is with women and sizes - sometimes it's the bigger the better - but guess that is not valid for subwoofers

But if you or other owners of 3x12 could write something here it would be much appreciated.

Hi Thomas,

I haven't compared the subs directly, but I have talked with others who have compared the XTZ 3X12 to the PB13 and the PB16. I see no negatives whatsoever in buying that subwoofer. In fact, for that price difference, if you can afford to buy one PB16, I would buy two 3X12's instead. That would be a terrific upgrade in performance. In the US, it might be a slightly closer contest, to compare a PB16 to an XTZ 3X12, although the edge in overall performance would still go to the three 12" drivers. In Europe, with the cost difference, it really isn't close at all.

Someone in Europe, with whom I corresponded, had PB Ultra's (I can't remember which ones), and added two 3X12's. He was extremely impressed with their performance. As I recall, he hesitated at first due to the height. But, when he laid the subwoofers on their sides, he really liked the result. So, that is also something to try if necessary. When woofers are in a column arrangement like that, you can actually increase the boundary gain by laying them on their sides.

If I were in your position, I would not hesitate to buy the XTZ subwoofers.

Regards,
Mike
GeoJustGeo likes this.

GUIDE TO SUBWOOFER CALIBRATION AND BASS PREFERENCES

* The Guide linked above is a comprehensive guide to Audio & HT systems, including:
Speaker placements & Room treatments; HT calibration & Room EQ; Room gain; Bass
Preferences; Subwoofer Buyer's Guide: Sealed/ported; ID subs; Subwoofer placement.
mthomas47 is online now  
post #328 of 329 Old 10-15-2018, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)
Liked: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasdk1405 View Post

But if you or other owners of 3x12 could write something here it would be much appreciated.
Someone in Europe, with whom I corresponded, had PB Ultra's (I can't remember which ones), and added two 3X12's. He was extremely impressed with their performance. As I recall, he hesitated at first due to the height. But, when he laid the subwoofers on their sides, he really liked the result. So, that is also something to try if necessary. When woofers are in a column arrangement like that, you can actually increase the boundary gain by laying them on their sides.

If I were in your position, I would not hesitate to buy the XTZ subwoofers.

Regards,
Mike
@Thomas yes the 3x12 that was reviewed a few years ago has changed a little for the better. Yes THX Certification was one of the things they added as well as better amps I believe.

Here is a pic of my 3x12 laying on it's side the way Mike described above. This is how it's currently setup in my room.

I would also agree with Mike, if you can afford a PB16, you are better off buying dual XTZ 3X12's.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-2053019935_1539638788746.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	395.3 KB
ID:	2468956  
mthomas47 likes this.
GeoJustGeo is offline  
post #329 of 329 Old 10-15-2018, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter
Writer & Reviewer
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 8,116
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2155 Post(s)
Liked: 3237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasdk1405 View Post
@JimWilson - you've heard both the JTR cap 1400, Rythmik FV18 and the XTZ 3x12. In your mind how would you compare those 3 sonic wise. Also wonder if the current version you can buy now is the same as you reviewed - you mention nothing about this subwoofer to be THX ultra certified - and all other reviews of this sub around 2015 - the same. So wonder if they changed something after this version and now have the THX certification. The test on data-bass.com - performed by Josh has an in-room chart that goes to 10 hz - impressive - but for my sake I say down to 15 hz with solid output that is fine with me !

Living in Denmark and with the shipping and import tax - the Rythmik and JTR is a no go - and all other brands available is too weak. I have SVS pb-16 or pb-4000 as options to buy or to go with the XTZ 3x12. PB-16 is 3.700 $, the PB-4000 is 2.633 $ and the XTZ is 1.895 $. From what I read and compare it should be the XTZ + the footprint is smaller than those of SVS - I don't mind that they are higher than SVS - most likely the wife don't mind that but she hated my old pb-13 ultra and the size of that one.
If the Rythmik and JTR are a no-go for you than perhaps I shouldn't answer this question?

The JTR has a certain presence to it, a thick/rich sound that lets you know it's there. It doesn't lack detail, but neither is it shy. The Rythmik and XTZ are more alike than not, being a bit more subdued than the cap. Both are precise and yet potent, with total output more than sufficient. The FV18 has more ability to tailor the sound than the other 2 combined, but having that much adjustability can be a problem for someone who doesn't like to tinker. That's personal preference though.

XTZ has not represented themselves well in the US; they set up shop but never really got their act together, so unfortunately they're not a viable option in America as they are in Europe. If the tall cabinet is not an issue for you than the 3x12 is certainly worth considering. It's every bit as potent as the looks suggest it would be.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasdk1405 View Post
Wonder what it is with women and sizes - sometimes it's the bigger the better - but guess that is not valid for subwoofers
LOL, this should be your AVS signature!

 
If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite...

Last edited by JimWilson; 10-15-2018 at 06:54 PM.
JimWilson is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off