Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 1011 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 67109Likes

post #30301 of 53155 Old 12-17-2016, 09:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 571 Post(s)
Liked: 1052
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30302 of 53155 Old 12-17-2016, 11:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3594 Post(s)
Liked: 11472
That is very cool.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
post #30303 of 53155 Old 12-17-2016, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hey guys, have dual V1500's and looking to add something to even out the response in my seating area. Is the Mini DSP 2x4 + Mic & Rew software difficult to understand? I'm a complete noob. If it is, is there anything else that is easier to use?

Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30304 of 53155 Old 12-17-2016, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread

This arrived less then 24 hrs after I ordered it!!
I will be auditioning this against an SVS sb13 ultra.
mnc, newc33, Hopinater and 3 others like this.

SONY XBR-65X900F - Sony UDP X800- PSA 210T L/R -PHANTOM CENTER -ENERGY RC-10 SURROUNDS -PSA S3000i - MARANTZ SR6013 - APPLE TV -DIRECTV HR44 -HARMONY ELITE

BASEMENT SETUP- SAMSUNG UN466500- ENERGY RC50'S L/R-ENERGY RC LCR- DENON-AVR-3311CI- PS3 -APPLETV- MINI GENIE

Last edited by tang7969; 12-17-2016 at 12:26 PM.
post #30305 of 53155 Old 12-17-2016, 12:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 1190 Post(s)
Liked: 1818
Quote:
Originally Posted by tang7969 View Post

This arrived less then 24 hrs after I ordered it!!
I will be auditioning this against an SVS sb13 ultra.
So when does this review begin? I'm very interested in what your impressions are. Although the subs are in different categories price wise I think performance should be close! I'll of course lean in the direction of the psa of course, but I'm also bias. Have fun!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
hlnoiku likes this.

1600 cubic foot sealed room! Samsung 8500 curved 4k
denon x4100
JTR noesis 228s rear surround
Quad PSA T18s!!!!!!
Funk audio 12.2 HP mains powered by/funk audio 6x500 watt amp
post #30306 of 53155 Old 12-17-2016, 01:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by newc33 View Post
So when does this review begin? I'm very interested in what your impressions are. Although the subs are in different categories price wise I think performance should be close! I'll of course lean in the direction of the psa of course, but I'm also bias. Have fun!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Well I have to say I don't have all of the techie words to do a very good review but I will try after the sub warms up. It's been on a truck for almost 24 hrs in sub freezing weather.
Right now I am listening to the Eagles with the Svs and I do have to say it does seem to be "opening up" a bit. When I first rcvd it and played it I was like ehhh. It does have a nice sound signature which of course is very subjective. This is used in a secondary system in the basement that is used mainly for music and watching sports when I need to get away I used to have 2 sb12 nsd's down here but sold them because I bought 210t's when they had them on sale in July. That's the only way I could get spousal approval
Anyways I have been dying for some bass down here and now it's time to test!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
newc33 and FattyMcButterPants like this.

SONY XBR-65X900F - Sony UDP X800- PSA 210T L/R -PHANTOM CENTER -ENERGY RC-10 SURROUNDS -PSA S3000i - MARANTZ SR6013 - APPLE TV -DIRECTV HR44 -HARMONY ELITE

BASEMENT SETUP- SAMSUNG UN466500- ENERGY RC50'S L/R-ENERGY RC LCR- DENON-AVR-3311CI- PS3 -APPLETV- MINI GENIE
post #30307 of 53155 Old 12-17-2016, 02:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 2501 Post(s)
Liked: 3600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjames121 View Post
Hey guys, have dual V1500's and looking to add something to even out the response in my seating area. Is the Mini DSP 2x4 + Mic & Rew software difficult to understand? I'm a complete noob. If it is, is there anything else that is easier to use?

Thanks all!
You have a good start to smoothing your in room response with dual subs, the important next step is too SEE how they sound. Before proceeding do you have auto RC (Audy) or something similar and what flavor if Audy do you have. You mentioned that you wanted to even the sound at the LPs, how does your bass response sound now at or around the listening area. Sorry for all the questions but I believe it's important to understand what you want to achieve, do you have space restraints when it comes to sub(s) locations?

If you want to find the best location for your subs and get the smoothest frequency response at the LPs you need to actually see your in room response. The best method I've found is REW with a USB mic, the learning curve may seem difficult or intimidating at first, once you understand how to take measurements it becomes very clear why you're even taking them in the first place. Using REW and what you need to get started is linked in my signature.

This is just my opinion, without some type of measuring device it's extremely difficult to properly set up a subwoofer(s). You may be one of the lucky ones that just place their subs in a convenient location and the end result is good smooth FR, with me that was not the case. If you like the way your V1500s sound now at your listening position(s), REW + mic can confirm what your hearing with measurements and show you at what frequencies you need to make improvements to further enhance your listening experience. You may not like what you see but at least you'll have the tools to better help with improving your FR.

With REW you can observe your FR before RC and after to see what Audyssey is doing with your in room FR. The objective here is to improve your FR prior to running any type of RC software (less work) regardless of what you're using. WARNING: Using REW may cause serious side effects akin to falling down a rabbit hole with no clue of how to get back out.. Just kidding my friend, you have two great subs and it would be sad not to get the last bit of performance out of them, believe me you'll be glad you did. So answer some of the above questions and you'll get all the help you need where and how to start.

Cheers Jeffrey
post #30308 of 53155 Old 12-17-2016, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
Varied port tune
Get that guy in a studio so I can purchase a CD!

A bit disappointed to see him draw such a crowd and yet not seeing much go in the box.
post #30309 of 53155 Old 12-17-2016, 09:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Thanks all!
You could try a couple quick tests with your subs to see if you're getting the benefit of the extra output by adding a second sub. You could use the Audy mic or a SPL meter or both to confirm. Place mic at the MLP at ear height if you have Audy, start the calibration, turn on just one sub and when Audy asks to set sub trim to 75dB do that, shut that sub off and turn the other one on and set to 75dB as well, now power up the other sub so you have both on and observe the output in decibels it should read somewhere between 79-81dB if they are setup properly.

If the output stays the same or reads lower than 75dB you have some cancellation (nulls) going on, you can play with the phase (delay) on one of the subs while observing the output on the TV, as you adjust the delay you should see the output rise, get it to the desired level and then run the Audyssey calibration. If you have XT32 with SUB EQ disregard this.

The purpose of this exercise is to see if you have room mode cancellations or nulls at the MLP, you can do the same procedure with a SPL meter placed at hear height at the MLP, it's a crude exercise but can tell you a lot about your room and sub(s) location. With REW you can actually see where you have peaks and dips in specific frequency response areas and how to address these issues prior to running RC software. The less work Audyssey or any auto EQ has to do the better....Hope this helps somewhat and gives you a starting point even if it's just using a SPL meter to smooth out your FR at the LP.

Cheers Jeffrey
Spidacat and JosephTonyStark like this.
post #30310 of 53155 Old 12-18-2016, 06:07 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
You could try a couple quick tests with your subs to see if you're getting the benefit of the extra output by adding a second sub. You could use the Audy mic or a SPL meter or both to confirm. Place mic at the MLP at ear height if you have Audy, start the calibration, turn on just one sub and when Audy asks to set sub trim to 75dB do that, shut that sub off and turn the other one on and set to 75dB as well, now power up the other sub so you have both on and observe the output in decibels it should read somewhere between 79-81dB if they are setup properly.

If the output stays the same or reads lower than 75dB you have some cancellation (nulls) going on, you can play with the phase (delay) on one of the subs while observing the output on the TV, as you adjust the delay you should see the output rise, get it to the desired level and then run the Audyssey calibration. If you have XT32 with SUB EQ disregard this.

The purpose of this exercise is to see if you have room mode cancellations or nulls at the MLP, you can do the same procedure with a SPL meter placed at hear height at the MLP, it's a crude exercise but can tell you a lot about your room and sub(s) location. With REW you can actually see where you have peaks and dips in specific frequency response areas and how to address these issues prior to running RC software. The less work Audyssey or any auto EQ has to do the better....Hope this helps somewhat and gives you a starting point even if it's just using a SPL meter to smooth out your FR at the LP.

Cheers Jeffrey
Jeffrey, Thank you so much for your responses. And thank you for the links! I have a Yamaha A830, which from what I understand acts as an internal splitter for the subwoofers, so no ability to adjust them separately from the Yamaha. The sub woofers are set in this positions, I have one front right and then back left. My wife sits on the right side of the couch and the bass is amazing over there, it swallows up your whole head. I usually sit on the left side of the couch (we are happily married despite not sitting next to eachother ) and the bass seems to hit the top of my head and I can hear it surrounding the room, but it doesn't engulf my whole brain like it does on the other side. I'm such a noob that I don't even have a mic/spl meter yet. That's prob my first place to start, grabbing a mic or find someone selling their Mini DSP with mic included? Thanks again my friend!

James
post #30311 of 53155 Old 12-18-2016, 11:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Jeffrey, Thank you so much for your responses. And thank you for the links! I have a Yamaha A830, which from what I understand acts as an internal splitter for the subwoofers, so no ability to adjust them separately from the Yamaha. The sub woofers are set in this positions, I have one front right and then back left. My wife sits on the right side of the couch and the bass is amazing over there, it swallows up your whole head. I usually sit on the left side of the couch (we are happily married despite not sitting next to eachother ) and the bass seems to hit the top of my head and I can hear it surrounding the room, but it doesn't engulf my whole brain like it does on the other side. I'm such a noob that I don't even have a mic/spl meter yet. That's prob my first place to start, grabbing a mic or find someone selling their Mini DSP with mic included? Thanks again my friend!

James
James you're quite welcome, I'm not at all familiar with YPAO, yes you are correct about your sub preouts as they are indeed just splitters and aren't independent outputs. Does your receiver provide a manual speaker setup option with the ability to adjust the output levels of individual speakers. If not, what I described above can't be done unless you download test tones to disc.

I would hold off on the miniDSP for a while, if you really want to get into REW all you need to get started is a USB mic, a laptop, preferably with HDMI output but not absolutely necessary, an inexpensive SPL meter would come in handy as well. Are both subs corner loaded, right front and left rear and is your room open to other areas or sealed. It seems like the front right sub is providing more output because of room boundary gain, front and side wall intersection and you're wife is the recipient of this gain.

If you had a SPL meter you could perform the exercise I described above with a particular movie sound track segment by playing the same 30 second sound tract over and over again with one sub at a time by turning one off (rear) and observing the output at MLP of the front and then do the same for the rear and then turn both on and observe the output. This may help you to identify the problem sub and detect room cancellations.

This is exactly what REW is capable of doing and much more, it has a SPL meter and tone generator so you can measure each sub by itself and combined output of both. You can play some music or movie sound track and adjust the delay of one sub (try front) and have your wife listen at the MLP for any differences in output (loudness) levels up or down as you turn the delay knob. If you're serious about finding out what your speakers and subs are doing in your room and how this effects what you're hearing REW and USB mic are essential.

I would suggest you read the guide and familiarize yourself what REW is capable of and how to get started, it's well worth the effort. Try the phase (delay) option and you might get lucky and improve your bass response at both yours and the misses seating positions.

Jeffrey
post #30312 of 53155 Old 12-19-2016, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 446
Ok the V1800 is out of my office and into the Jeep!

I rounded up a buddy to help me wrestle this thing into the house tonight.

This silly speaker has me so excited I've ordered 3 movies last night.

We have the family coming over for Christmas (AKA "the circus is coming to town) 10 of which are sleeping over, so I really want to have this V1800 pushing some air for them

Ahh good times
post #30313 of 53155 Old 12-19-2016, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Liked: 373
"This silly speaker has me so excited I've ordered 3 movies last night. "

Yep. I bet we could track that effect and make a case to Hollywood to give us cash back rewards for subwoofer purchase.
newc33 and ss nimrod like this.
post #30314 of 53155 Old 12-19-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmiddleton4 View Post
"This silly speaker has me so excited I've ordered 3 movies last night. "

Yep. I bet we could track that effect and make a case to Hollywood to give us cash back rewards for subwoofer purchase.
Looking forward to unleashing the sub on my guests for sure

Question, my AV receiver is getting dated (Onkyo TX-SR705 7.1) and now its time.

Anybody accessories4less.com? Looking to spend $1,00-$1,500, the AV receivers they have listed are refurbished, I have no experience with Accessories4less.com.

What I’m looking for is a 7.2 setup (basement setup, the ceiling is low for Atmos) with all the good stuff 4K/3d/streaming, etc.
post #30315 of 53155 Old 12-19-2016, 10:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss nimrod View Post

Question, my AV receiver is getting dated (Onkyo TX-SR705 7.1) and now its time.

Anybody accessories4less.com? Looking to spend $1,00-$1,500, the AV receivers they have listed are refurbished, I have no experience with Accessories4less.com.

What I’m looking for is a 7.2 setup (basement setup, the ceiling is low for Atmos) with all the good stuff 4K/3d/streaming, etc.
Contact JD Smoothie here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/member...dsmoothie.html
He is an authorized AV Science dealer and aside from providing extremely competitive pricing on all mainstream AVR's & is also an excellent reference for all Denon & Marantz installation & operational issues.
ss nimrod and hlnoiku like this.

post #30316 of 53155 Old 12-19-2016, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsantafe View Post
Contact JD Smoothie here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/member...dsmoothie.html
He is an authorized AV Science dealer and aside from providing extremely competitive pricing on all mainstream AVR's & is also an excellent reference for all Denon & Marantz installation & operational issues.
I will second JD Smoothie. Send him a PM with what you want and your price range. He'll make it happen. He went above and beyond helping me a couple months ago. He must have taken customer service training from Tom, they're both the reason I bought from them (seriously, top notch service).
ss nimrod likes this.

post #30317 of 53155 Old 12-19-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Kentucky View Post
He must have taken customer service training from Tom, they're both the reason I bought from them (seriously, top notch service).
*side note* Tom gets a lot of credit, but I want to applaud Jim too. Now that I've had the pleasure of chatting with him, they are both awesome. Great team here.

post #30318 of 53155 Old 12-19-2016, 11:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1873 Post(s)
Liked: 1953
Quote:

Don't know if you have a Fry's nearby, but they are selling the Denon X4300 for $799 right now. (in store only) That's a great price on a great receiver. Otherwise, as mentioned, you should check with JD. Great guy that knows his products very well.
ss nimrod likes this.
post #30319 of 53155 Old 12-19-2016, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:

I have purchased from A4L before and have had no problems. However with all the reported problems/issues with AVRs no matter the brand I now prefer to buy new and get the three yr warranty vs one year for a refurb.

Take a look at the Marantz SR6011.
ss nimrod likes this.

Spoiler!
post #30320 of 53155 Old 12-19-2016, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3594 Post(s)
Liked: 11472
Okay the Oppo 203 has arrived. I know this is a PSA subwoofer thread but since some here are considering ordering this unit I'll leave a quick review.

First off let me state that this thing screams quality. The unit itself is built like a tank (made of metal not plastic) and looks neat and sharp.

The packaging is excellent, in fact I think it may be packaged with the same material that PSA uses for it's speakers and subs. If I didnt know better I would swear that this came from PSA. The player even comes in it's own Oppo carrying tote that can be reused for other things if you want.

The manual is a thick book printed on high quality paper and it is very very thorough. It covers everything… in detail. It should answer all your questions and then some.

The 203 comes with a certified 4 foot HDCP 2.2 HDMI cable which is good because this unit is larger than my last blu-ray player so I had to move it's location to a point that is a little farther from my receiver and the 2 foot cable I had could not reach. Nice unexpected touch which allowed me to play with this today instead of running out to buy a longer cable.

The remote does light up but it takes picking it up or a push of a button to make it do so. Once lit it stays lit for 5 seconds. If you decide that is annoying you can disable it with the push of two buttons.

It came with a data disc with the latest firmware update. I suggest using it right away before you do any set up or tweaking because they suggest resetting to factory defaults after you update so you might as well do it first before you tweak anything.

Once I set up the network connection I didn't really see a need to tweak anything else because the defaults seem to be what I would set things to. But I'll take a deeper look at that once I play with it more.

Once I had everything ready I threw in my new 4K UHD disc of "The Martian". My first impression is WOW! The picture is stunningly beautiful. The Samsung itself already does a nice job of up converting most pictures but the Oppo playing 4k content takes it to another level (as it should). The details and colors are absolutely incredible…. it's mesmerizing.

Regarding the audio… I feel like the audio on this player is better, markedly better, than my older Sony player. I may be imagining this because everything about the experience today was great but I really believe the audio is that much better. I don't know how to describe the improvement but it's there and it's obvious.

I've include a picture of the packaging, the bag and the Oppo 203 in it's new home (it's the one in the middle that says "Home Menu").
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oppo 203.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1841585   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oppo Bag.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	1841593   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oppo Packaging.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	1841601  

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences

Last edited by Hopinater; 12-19-2016 at 03:59 PM.
post #30321 of 53155 Old 12-19-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Don't know if you have a Fry's nearby, but they are selling the Denon X4300 for $799 right now. (in store only) That's a great price on a great receiver. Otherwise, as mentioned, you should check with JD. Great guy that knows his products very well.
No Fry's in New York...

I'll check with JD later
post #30322 of 53155 Old 12-19-2016, 06:16 PM

Okay I know I saw this question answered in this thread, but I can't find it.

The V1800 is not seeing / getting enough juice from the AVR to take it out of the standby mode if i remember correctly?

The receiver is not/sometimes picking up the sub...

Ran the Room correction once, didn't see the sub. Rebot the AV receiver, sub "clicked" on, Re-ran the room correction, AVR recognized the Sub on the first pass, did not recognized the sub in the next two passes, no sub listed on the AVR.

The V1800 is set per instructions, left LFE input, gain, cross over, etc. red light is "on" on the amp

I did send a message to PSA, just looking to get the sub running tonight
post #30323 of 53155 Old 12-19-2016, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:

The V1800 is not seeing / getting enough juice from the AVR to take it out of the standby mode if i remember correctly?

Ran the Room correction once, didn't see the sub. Rebot the AV receiver, sub "clicked" on, Re-ran the room correction, AVR recognized the Sub on the first pass, did not recognized the sub in the next two passes, no sub listed on the AVR.

The V1800 is set per instructions, left LFE input, gain, cross over, etc. red light is "on" on the amp

If you've got a splitter you can plug in both the L/R inputs to get a little extra boost in to the amp to maybe help trigger it. I'd also check that you have your speakers set to small and subwoofer on/enabled to make sure it's sending the right signal to your sub.

It really shouldn't take much to wake it up it so there could be a setting off right now.

Also check your LFE setting in the AVR and crank up its output until you get it triggering. You can also turn up your AVR's listening volume. If I listen to music quietly it doesn't kick on the sub, but if I go loud...

=====
Enjoying Atmos, DTS:X, & a quad dose of PSA these days.
post #30324 of 53155 Old 12-19-2016, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Is the power set to on or auto? If you just want to run the auto setup putting the switch to on should let you do that. Once you get it set up you can address the auto on issue. What AVR do you have?

Spoiler!
post #30325 of 53155 Old 12-19-2016, 06:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 2761 Post(s)
Liked: 2616
Quote:

If you have an RCA splitter try running it to both left and right inputs. Don't know what AVR you have but if it has two sub outs they may be just one actual sub internally connected in which case you could run another RCA to the right input to achieve the same thing as using a splitter/y adapter.

Also, you could just leave the sub on and not in auto standby until you get the auto standby function sorted.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
Roku Ultra, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Quattron
post #30326 of 53155 Old 12-19-2016, 07:10 PM

Thanks for the replies.

I missed my window to calibrate the sub, my wife came home, we have 2 rescue dogs, an 80 pound pit bull and a 100 pound Cane Corso.

The dogs are very happy (and spoiled) to see their mommy so the noise level in the house is far to high now.

Did switch the sub to on and we'll see where that goes.

In terms of a AVR, have an Onkyo TX-SR705.

Will talk to Tom at PSA tomorrow, I'm sure he'll get me where I need to be
post #30327 of 53155 Old 12-19-2016, 08:22 PM

Quoted: 575 Post(s)
Liked: 159
How come I read this thread and want more subs. Eh now I want 2 more xv15s
post #30328 of 53155 Old 12-20-2016, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday121 View Post
How come I read this thread and want more subs. Eh now I want 2 more xv15s
There's some magical property in this thread. I'm not sure what page it crept in on, but it works it's magic on you by the time you're done reading.
newc33 likes this.

post #30329 of 53155 Old 12-20-2016, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Hey everyone! I posted here a while back while I was mulling over some PSA subs, but couldn't make a decision as there were hang ups in my condo construction and I had no idea where my cable was going to be. Now that is is nearing it's end (hopefully!), I wanted to come back and ask for some advice. Please see the pictures I've attached to see where the TV is going to be roughly mounted (shown by the red star in the floor plan- will prob be closer to middle of the wall) and where I'm thinking the sub should go (shown by the blue star in floor plan and bump out in room). The pictures from inside the condo are also attached.

I had always been debating between the 15V and the V1500, but that was before I realized I was going to have about ~16ft ceilings. That's a ton of space to fill with bass, especially since it is open to the kitchen, and entryway. Many folks have said I should go with 2 subs, but I wouldn't be able to afford that out of the gate- it would have to be later, if at all, and would also have to pass the WAF (or in this case girlfriend).

Keeping in mind that I might go dual down the line, does the V1500 really offer *that* much more than the 15V? Should I be looking at maybe an S1500 or S1800 instead? I also don't want to be a *huge* jerk to my neighbors, though that might be unavoidable .

Appreciate your thoughts!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Family Room1.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	1842825   Click image for larger version

Name:	Family Room2.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1842833   Click image for larger version

Name:	Floor Layout.PNG
Views:	111
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	1842841  
post #30330 of 53155 Old 12-20-2016, 07:41 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 195 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 9775
The 15v is a bit smaller and does not give up much...maybe 1-2db below 20hz and a little extension. It's the better buy right now while on sale for 899.00. Single S15/1800 would not be wise for that space with action oriented movies at spirited levels. You need a T18HT for that space for sealed and even then I would still opt for a V3600i.

Da hell with the Neighbors!!
ahblaza, newc33, Hopinater and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
chuffitychuffchuff , chuffmaster , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , hr chuff'n'stuff , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , s7201 , tv36 , v1500 , V1800 , v1801 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page