Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 1216 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 65410Likes

post #36451 of 52583 Old 08-31-2017, 06:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1264 Post(s)
Liked: 1889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Okay today I received my Buttkicker rubber pads so it was time to make a plywood base to decouple my couch and concrete floor with the goal of seeing if this provides a greater tactile response or not. The nice part about this is it cost a grand total of $73 for all materials involved (and it could be done cheaper depending on what you use for pads) and it took less than an hour to make. I've included a few photos just to provide some reference. I'll report back with my impressions.

EDIT... Quick note, that black box under the couch is not a tactile transducer, it's just the electrical box for the couch's recliner.
Looks great Hopinater! Now to get you a few TT's and then have you report back what your impressions are.
I do love how they feel, and even yesterday I ran the barrel roll scene from FOTP with the buttkicker's off, and then on. Definitely could feel the difference. Now to get wonder woman, after seeing the graph that MrGrey posted, should be a great ride.
Mike Butny and Hopinater like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36452 of 52583 Old 08-31-2017, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Okay today I received my Buttkicker rubber pads so it was time to make a plywood base to decouple my couch and concrete floor with the goal of seeing if this provides a greater tactile response or not. The nice part about this is it cost a grand total of $73 for all materials involved (and it could be done cheaper depending on what you use for pads) and it took less than an hour to make. I've included a few photos just to provide some reference. I'll report back with my impressions.

EDIT... Quick note, that black box under the couch is not a tactile transducer, it's just the electrical box for the couch's recliner.
I can't tell from pics or posts: did you get 3/4" plywood? Also, have you/will you remove any feet from the sectional in order to couple the entire base frame to the plywood sheet?

I haven't looked under my own sectional but my setup is similar to yours--a three-seat Lazyboy includes a divan and recliner, atop a commercial grade carpet, then a special pad (for my in-floor heating) and finally concrete floor.

Will be interested in your report. Oh, another question: are you concerned those Buttkicker pads might mar your carpet long-term?
post #36453 of 52583 Old 08-31-2017, 07:25 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaurhead View Post
*sigh* I feel I may be the only (soon-to-be) PSA owner who doesn't know a lick (or give two sheets) about football. Or other sports for that matter. I grew up a theater kid, both on- and backstage, and work in and around art. One of my old managers was once giving me the rundown on his FF lineup, and I just stood there acting interested. The best reponse I could come up with was "Yay, sports!"
You need this t-shirt. I'm not crazy about sports either, nor was my roommate a few years back. He picked up this t-shirt and around here, NASCAR isn't super big, but dang he still got some dirty looks! I can only imagine if he wore it further down south...
bscool and Jaurhead like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36454 of 52583 Old 08-31-2017, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3548 Post(s)
Liked: 11101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserfan View Post
I can't tell from pics or posts: did you get 3/4" plywood? Also, have you/will you remove any feet from the sectional in order to couple the entire base frame to the plywood sheet?

I haven't looked under my own sectional but my setup is similar to yours--a three-seat Lazyboy includes a divan and recliner, atop a commercial grade carpet, then a special pad (for my in-floor heating) and finally concrete floor.

Will be interested in your report. Oh, another question: are you concerned those Buttkicker pads might mar your carpet long-term?
Good questions. I went with 15/32 plywood so it's basically 1/2 inch. I went with this because it looked to me like the 3/4 would be over kill.

I considered removing all the round feet from the bottom of the couch's frame and was about to do so until I saw that if I did the couch would be riding on the nuts attaching the cross pieces of the frame. So the feet are important and act as spacers and had to stay on.

I don't really have a fear of the Buttkicker pads marring the carpet because they seem to be made of a non-marking material. I could be wrong about this but I don't think I am.
Mike Butny and Sekosche like this.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
post #36455 of 52583 Old 08-31-2017, 08:56 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaurhead View Post
*sigh* I feel I may be the only (soon-to-be) PSA owner who doesn't know a lick (or give two sheets) about football. Or other sports for that matter. I grew up a theater kid, both on- and backstage, and work in and around art. One of my old managers was once giving me the rundown on his FF lineup, and I just stood there acting interested. The best reponse I could come up with was "Yay, sports!"
Yeah I dont care to watch football either , even though Tom Brady won me $12,000 this past Superbowl lol..... $500 a square pool , my numbers were 8-8 .... It started my PSA sub-fund , I think I threw my SVS subs out the window the same night.....Actually , I was too wasted the actual night , too hungover the next day , so about 2 days later I threw them out.....
Mike Butny, ahblaza, sk373 and 2 others like this.
post #36456 of 52583 Old 08-31-2017, 09:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1118 Post(s)
Liked: 2494
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscool View Post
I am glad these plywood platforms are working for you guys. At the same time I "hate" you. I have around $800 of rubber flooring sitting in my garage for my basement project that I planned on using and then putting OSB subflooring over it as that was recommended by most to get the best tactile feel similar to a suspended floor on concrete. Now after seeing how great it sounds like even a simple piece of plywood works I'm like [email protected]?! am I going to do with $800 of rubber flooring that I can maybe sell for a $100 lol.

I won't be finishing my basement anytime soon but I am thinking of skipping the rubber with plywood over it as that will be a lot more work and $$$. Sounds like a carpeted piece of plywood will help a lot and then near field subs I think I will be pretty close to what I am getting now on a suspended floor.

I just looked at Soundproofing Companies site and they also show it without wood over the rubber. Maybe I'll just do that since it will help some with insulating the cold concrete floor from my feet in the winter and I won't end up giving the rubber flooring away. And just put a piece of carpeted plywood under my MLP verse cover a 23.5' x 18' room with it.https://www.soundproofingcompany.com...lution-1.3.jpg

What I originally wanted to do when I first built the theater room but was unable because of the height of the ceiling was: lay 2x4's flat horizontally every 16inches and lay insulation between them. Then I was going to put 2 layers of plywood on top, the 1st layer I would lay vertical and the 2nd lay horizontal covering the seams of the 1st layer. I would glue and screw the 2nd layer to the 1st layer and to the 2x4s to eliminated any creaks and I would make sure the layers of plywood did not touch the outer wall to create a floating floor. Then run some noise-proof sealant between the plywood and the outer walls.
bscool likes this.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Marantz SR7013 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 monoblocks, 7.4.2 Atmos, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, 2 Volt 6 Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, 2 LaVoce 21inch Neo DIY subs and 2 PSA S3600I'S.

Last edited by Mike Butny; 08-31-2017 at 09:20 AM.
post #36457 of 52583 Old 08-31-2017, 09:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulloutchamp View Post
Yeah I dont care to watch football either , even though Tom Brady won me $12,000 this past Superbowl lol..... $500 a square pool , my numbers were 8-8 .... It started my PSA sub-fund , I think I threw my SVS subs out the window the same night.....Actually , I was too wasted the actual night , too hungover the next day , so about 2 days later I threw them out.....
$12,000!!!!!! Tom, you hear that!!!!!! Send him 4 S7200'S ASAP!!!!
gbreda, sk373, Hopinater and 1 others like this.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Marantz SR7013 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 monoblocks, 7.4.2 Atmos, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, 2 Volt 6 Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, 2 LaVoce 21inch Neo DIY subs and 2 PSA S3600I'S.
post #36458 of 52583 Old 08-31-2017, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
...I considered removing all the round feet from the bottom of the couch's frame and was about to do so until I saw that if I did the couch would be riding on the nuts attaching the cross pieces of the frame. So the feet are important and act as spacers and had to stay on...
Ah, sure. Another thing to watch-out for (to others) is the mechanism for any recliners. I recall a sectional I had with an integral folding footstool--the metal inside actually touched the carpet underneath even with the proper factory legs on it!!!

post #36459 of 52583 Old 08-31-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post
$12,000!!!!!! Tom, you hear that!!!!!! Send him 4 S7200'S ASAP!!!!
lol.....I think I got about $400 left....Actually , that last $400 is being spent today to pay for the labor on our countertops ...
Mike Butny, sk373 and ss nimrod like this.
post #36460 of 52583 Old 08-31-2017, 09:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Quoted: 1441 Post(s)
Liked: 3637
Quote:
Good questions. I went with 15/32 plywood so it's basically 1/2 inch. I went with this because it looked to me like the 3/4 would be over kill.

I considered removing all the round feet from the bottom of the couch's frame and was about to do so until I saw that if I did the couch would be riding on the nuts attaching the cross pieces of the frame. So the feet are important and act as spacers and had to stay on.

I don't really have a fear of the Buttkicker pads marring the carpet because they seem to be made of a non-marking material. I could be wrong about this but I don't think I am.
Nice! This is similar to my build, but i used a few cheaper, slightly harder penn elcom rubber feet and mixed them with the Crowson isolators. I drilled holes in the plywood to line up with the extra frame holes that are adjacent to the feet (was a bit of a pain to get them all perfectly aligned), removed the original couch feet and replaced them with a simple nut and bolt to keep the height down, and attached the isolation feet; it makes an excellent solid, unified base for the Crowsons to work under.

If your couch fame has extra holes next to the feet for different spacings (mine had a bunch), you just drill and align those holes with a few nuts and bolts to connect the couch directly with the plywood. Being directly connected to the riser might help a bit with TR and will really help when you eventually add those bass shakers you're eyeing.
Mike Butny and Hopinater like this.

Speakers: PSA MTM-210T x2, MTM-210C, MT-110SR x2; Atmos-SVS Satellite x2, DIY Volt-10 x2
Subs: PSA V1801 x2, DIY: 18" RSS460HO, 15" RSS390HO x2, BOSS w/JBL CX1200 x6
MA’s: Crowson Tech x2
Processing: Denon X4200, NU6KDSP, 3KDSP
Video: Epson 3700; Screen: Silver Ticket 106" High Contrast
post #36461 of 52583 Old 08-31-2017, 11:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
Liked: 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulloutchamp View Post

Haha you guys are funny.

I personally love football season and couldn't wait to sign up for the PSA fantasy league after I saw Tom's post. Looks like I got in, so now I'm looking forward to the season even more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike Butny, ahblaza, femi and 3 others like this.
post #36462 of 52583 Old 08-31-2017, 02:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 2471 Post(s)
Liked: 3456
@Hop inator how high are the isolator feet, Jim gave me a bunch of extra sub feet when I picked up my 01s and I'm thinking of using them, don't seem much different than the PE's. This is going to be a pain for me, my couch weighs about 300 pounds to begin with and the feet are 4.5" squares and 5"s high. I'm going to wait and see what you think and listen to the 7201 in my space before doing this anyway............

I spent the whole day today moving my speakers and MLP around so I literally have about 5-6 possible spots for the 7201 to fit quite comfortably in. I just hope the best spot which produces the flattest FR will be the nicest looking location to show off the beauty of this beast. I don't know who I would be trying to impress except myself anyway, so I guess any spot will be fine as long as I get the best FR and TR......looking forward to your impressions my friend....
post #36463 of 52583 Old 08-31-2017, 03:34 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 244 Post(s)
Quoted: 5528 Post(s)
Liked: 5076
This is a great deal on (4) Buttkicker Advance in the classifieds!

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2916216

Combine with INuke 3000DSP or 6000DSP and you are set.
ahblaza likes this.
post #36464 of 52583 Old 08-31-2017, 04:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 806 Post(s)
Liked: 2596
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
...I just hope the best spot which produces the flattest FR will be the nicest looking location to show off the beauty of this beast. I don't know who I would be trying to impress except myself anyway, so I guess any spot will be fine as long as I get the best FR and TR......looking forward to your impressions my friend....
Do like me. I have a loveseat next to the S7201. Put a flashlight on the loveseat and tell your guests to sit there during a really good, low flick. They can use the flashlight to watch the drivers dance. LOL
ahblaza and Nalleh like this.

Power Sound Audio S7201 Quad 18" 4000W Sealed Subwoofer - Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Epson 5030UB Projector - Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - - XBox One S - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
post #36465 of 52583 Old 08-31-2017, 04:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I modded my S7201.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_3393 (Copy).JPG (694.2 KB, 546 views)

Power Sound Audio S7201 Quad 18" 4000W Sealed Subwoofer - Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Epson 5030UB Projector - Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - - XBox One S - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
post #36466 of 52583 Old 08-31-2017, 06:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
I modded my S7201.

I really like that, I was wondering if they came like that until I saw that you modded them. I happen to have a bunch of cable pants and both red and black mesh cable sleeves, nice touch climber. I just hope I don't get a bug up my butt and decide to do a tear down of this sub like I did with every one I had in this home. I could show how user friendly these 72s really are. It will have it's own dedicated 20 amp circuit, just in case it needs a companion down the road........
Marc Alexander and climber07 like this.
post #36467 of 52583 Old 08-31-2017, 07:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Do like me. I have a loveseat next to the S7201. Put a flashlight on the loveseat and tell your guests to sit there during a really good, low flick. They can use the flashlight to watch the drivers dance. LOL
Hey climber, where is the amp located on the back of cabinet, I never bothered to look when I was down at PSA HQs, matter of fact I didn't see a picture with the amp's location on the cab, am I missing it on the site or is it not shown, thanks buddy?
post #36468 of 52583 Old 08-31-2017, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 827
Quote:
I modded my S7201.
There's goes the warranty.
Marc Alexander and k1n3t1k like this.

125" Projection | 5.2.4 Audio | Shield TV | LibreELEC/ODROID-C2 Kodi Media Client | Ubuntu/ODROID-XU4 NAS/Server | 65" LG OLED TV | TiVo | Shield TV |
| Water cooled Threadripper & Radeon VII, NVMe PC - 43" 4K IPS Panel |
post #36469 of 52583 Old 08-31-2017, 07:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I really like that, I was wondering if they came like that until I saw that you modded them. I happen to have a bunch of cable pants and both red and black mesh cable sleeves, nice touch climber. I just hope I don't get a bug up my butt and decide to do a tear down of this sub like I did with every one I had in this home. I could show how user friendly these 72s really are. It will have it's own dedicated 20 amp circuit, just in case it needs a companion down the road........
Yeah, we're not going to do open heart surgery on this beast.

Quote:
Hey climber, where is the amp located on the back of cabinet, I never bothered to look when I was down at PSA HQs, matter of fact I didn't see a picture with the amp's location on the cab, am I missing it on the site or is it not shown, thanks buddy?
The amp is in the back dead center a couple inches above the bottom edge:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post
There's goes the warranty.
Funny. It might give folks an idea. The wires pop off easy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_3277 (Copy).JPG (1.48 MB, 533 views)
ahblaza and Pulloutchamp like this.

post #36470 of 52583 Old 08-31-2017, 09:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1726 Post(s)
Liked: 4973
#1 PSA fan
post #36471 of 52583 Old 09-01-2017, 06:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekosche View Post
Nice! This is similar to my build.
Full disclosure, your design was my inspiration. When I saw what you did and how easy it was I decided to do the same (so the credit definitely goes to you). The nice thing is I have enough plywood left to do the chair I have in the room.

I was planning to build a riser similar to Toe's but since this room isn't a dedicated HT and we use it as living space it just wasn't practical and this looked like an elegant solution.

Quote:
@Hop how high are the isolator feet.
Jeff the isolator feet are approx 1in. They are a moderately hard rubber that allow for some (but not too much) compression. I decided to buy these based on Mark Seaton's post regarding decoupling and the importance of the feet compressing slightly. These are the feet I used... Toe is the one that posted a link to them or something very similar to them.
http://www.parts-express.com/buttkic...of-5--300-9462

On another note... in the picture I posted you'll see I used all 10 feet. But the more I thought about it the more I started to wonder if that may not have been too many because the more feet I used the less they would compress. So yesterday I removed four of the feet. This also gave me an extra four feet that I can now use to make a platform for the chair in the room.
ahblaza likes this.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Last edited by Hopinater; 09-01-2017 at 06:32 AM.
post #36472 of 52583 Old 09-01-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subacabra View Post
#1 PSA fan
Son of a biscuit, that's adorable. Also, wow, Duck Tales, really? That was also my jam when I was a wee lad myself. Are they still making new ones?
post #36473 of 52583 Old 09-01-2017, 08:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Quoted: 1441 Post(s)
Liked: 3637
Quote:
Full disclosure, your design was my inspiration. When I saw what you did and how easy it was I decided to do the same (so the credit definitely goes to you). The nice thing is I have enough plywood left to do the chair I have in the room.

I was planning to build a riser similar to Toe's but since this room isn't a dedicated HT and we use it as living space it just wasn't practical and this looked like an elegant solution.

On another note... in the picture I posted you'll see I used all 10 feet. But the more I thought about it the more I started to wonder if that may not have been too many because the more feet I used the less they would compress. So yesterday I removed four of the feet. This also gave me an extra four feet that I can now use to make a platform for the chair in the room.
I got the idea from Randy Crowson after he told me the benefits of adding a solid base instead of my plan to simply place the actuators under the couch feet. My shared living space is also why I did it this way; I don't think people can tell the couch has been modified until the "booty rumbles" kick in. I do joke about the motion hardware costing more than my couch now, lol.

I also added a few too many feet. I showed my build to Randy and it was suggested I use a couple less feet; but I haven't changed a thing, and the TR experience is still amazing. The newer sorbothane feet from Crowson are expensive, $40 each I think, but the two feet that came with my kit are very nice. Might try the BK feet next if I replace the harder penn elcoms.

Having massive bass output down into the teens coupled with motion actuators rocking all the way into the single digits provides a very unique experience that I didn't think possible in a living room. I'm about to watch Battle L.A. for the first time since adding the V1801s...if I can handle it.

Speakers: PSA MTM-210T x2, MTM-210C, MT-110SR x2; Atmos-SVS Satellite x2, DIY Volt-10 x2
Subs: PSA V1801 x2, DIY: 18" RSS460HO, 15" RSS390HO x2, BOSS w/JBL CX1200 x6
MA’s: Crowson Tech x2
Processing: Denon X4200, NU6KDSP, 3KDSP
Video: Epson 3700; Screen: Silver Ticket 106" High Contrast
post #36474 of 52583 Old 09-01-2017, 10:19 AM

>>> PSA Gamma 21s for sale! <<<

So I was doing some Googling and came across an interesting page. I asked Tom about them and yes, they are real and both are still for sale as of today. PSA took in a pair of Reaction Audio Gamma 21 on trade and fixed the DSP big time!

For comparison, from my chat with Tom V:
  • 10-50Hz one G21 would be similar to dual S1801
  • 60-100Hz dual S1801 would have ~4dB advantage over one G21
  • Driver is made from Pierce Audio

Be sure to chat with Tom for best pricing.
Pulloutchamp and ziocomposite like this.
post #36475 of 52583 Old 09-01-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1n3t1k View Post
>>> PSA Gamma 21s for sale! <<<

So I was doing some Googling and came across an interesting page. I asked Tom about them and yes, they are real and both are still for sale as of today. PSA took in a pair of Reaction Audio Gamma 21 on trade and fixed the DSP big time!

For comparison, from my chat with Tom V:
[LIST][*]10-50Hz one G21 would be similar to dual S1801[*]60-100Hz dual S1801 would have ~4dB advantage over one G21[*]Driver is made from Pierce Audio
[/LI

Be sure to chat with Tom for best pricing.
I would soooooo like to try those!!!
ziocomposite likes this.
post #36476 of 52583 Old 09-01-2017, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1648 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Power Sound Audio is sponsoring an ESPN fantasy football league. There are 2 spots open. It will be a live draft on Sunday, 9-3 at 8:00PM eastern. If you are 100% sure you can make the draft and want to play, contact [email protected].
post #36477 of 52583 Old 09-01-2017, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 9384
I contacted Tom about the G21's a couple months ago...The price is really good, but I think the fact they are a Reaction Audio product with no warranty makes it a tough sale.
Mike Butny likes this.
post #36478 of 52583 Old 09-01-2017, 02:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
I contacted Tom about the G21's a couple months ago...The price is really good, but I think the fact they are a Reaction Audio product with no warranty makes it a tough sale.
Bass, what's warranted, I think the amp is for five years, correct. What else can go wrong with a RA product...............
post #36479 of 52583 Old 09-01-2017, 02:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Jeff the isolator feet are approx 1in. They are a moderately hard rubber that allow for some (but not too much) compression. I decided to buy these based on Mark Seaton's post regarding decoupling and the importance of the feet compressing slightly. These are the feet I used... Toe is the one that posted a link to them or something very similar to them.
http://www.parts-express.com/buttkic...of-5--300-9462

Hop: How much room do you have under the plywood once the couch is on and butts are on the couch. I can slide a piece of paper under the plywood while using the furniture grippers.
Hopinater likes this.

post #36480 of 52583 Old 09-01-2017, 03:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post
Hop: How much room do you have under the plywood once the couch is on and butts are on the couch. I can slide a piece of paper under the plywood while using the furniture grippers.
I'm glad you asked me because I would not have thought to look.

With the six pads I had between 1/8 and 1/16th of an inch between the plywood and the carpeting (not much room for error or a heavier person). Of course this was in gaps between the rubber pads, not near the pads themselves which were 33 inches apart.

It shocked me to see so little space between the carpet and plywood considering the rubber pads are one inch high. So this shows how much everything sinks in when you take into consideration the carpet pad, carpet and rubber pads.

Needless to say I put the four extra rubber pads back on which reduced the gap between them to 22 inches and raised the space between the carpet and the plywood to over a 1/4 of an inch. I hope all of this makes sense.
Mike Butny and ahblaza like this.

Last edited by Hopinater; 09-01-2017 at 03:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
chuffitychuffchuff , chuffmaster , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , hr chuff'n'stuff , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , psa , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , s3000i , s7201 , tv36 , v1500 , V1800 , v1801 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page