Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 1292 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 66425Likes

post #38731 of 52881 Old 12-22-2017, 09:40 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 518
Hey All,

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. In 2-4 weeks I will be the proud owner of two S7201! It has been quite a journey for me after dealing with Paradigm and a faulty Sub 2 for the past month. Nevertheless, I have been refunded the full amount of the Sub 2- enabling this purchase.

My Paradigm dealer left me with these words:

"Are you sure that you want to buy an inferior product out of the box and it will not have PBK room correction?"

"Ultimately you are the one losing the most.....you will have an inferior sub."

I cannot wait until I take a picture of the S7201, send it to him and get the last laugh.

I am very lucky to have an understanding girlfriend. You know how they say it is always better to ask for forgiveness than permission? Well that worked out in my favor hahaha, especially going from the piano black finish/form factor of the Sub 2 to the [two] S7201. I own my house but my girlfriend lives with me and it is technically "her space too". I originally was going to put it along the 7ft wall that separating the foyer from the kitchen (diagram attached), however, to my surprise my girlfriend suggested putting the second one along the wall behind the dining room table!

With the second S7201 in the dining room do you think I should have the driver end facing the corner or pointed toward the kitchen?

I'll post pictures and impressions when they arrive. I am travelling the next couple days but will have access to a computer on Sunday again; don't think I am ignoring my new fam .

Cheers,

Tony
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sub Placement.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	2334032  

Last edited by Todeseng3l; 12-22-2017 at 09:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #38732 of 52881 Old 12-22-2017, 10:00 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Quoted: 5619 Post(s)
Liked: 5213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Well...It can.
The problem is the physics/math become far more complicated as soon as the room boundaries are introduced and the speakers become seperated. The assumptions of a colocated pair in an anechoic environment cease to apply. Think about it logically.
Thanks Josh, it makes perfect sense. I just would like to see sweeps of each sub individually to see the effect of the room on each sub before they are summed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
Isn't that basically what I just posted?
Yes, but do you have sweeps of each sub individually?
post #38733 of 52881 Old 12-22-2017, 10:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked: 1261
Congrats on the two 7201s. Placing one on the 7ft wall would give you more of a near field effect as opposed to the corners. Where did you have the sub-2 located?
Todeseng3l likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #38734 of 52881 Old 12-22-2017, 10:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 2982 Post(s)
Liked: 3826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Thanks Josh, it makes perfect sense. I just would like to see sweeps of each sub individually to see the effect of the room on each sub before they are summed.

Yes, but do you have sweeps of each sub individually?

Believe that you are looking for something like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #38735 of 52881 Old 12-22-2017, 10:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked: 2597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todeseng3l View Post
Hey All,

With the second S7201 in the dining room do you think I should have the driver end facing the corner or pointed toward the kitchen?

I'll post pictures and impressions when they arrive. I am travelling the next couple days but will have access to a computer on Sunday again; don't think I am ignoring my new fam .

Cheers,

Tony
Congrats man. You take one of the coveted top dual monster subwoofer positions for sure.

Having the subs nearly 32 feet apart and corner loaded will require some setup patience. If you haven't already read the posts from @Mike Butney, take a look: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...l#post55349372

I'm going to assume that you haven't had all that much experience with dialing in multiple subwoofers, but please forgive me if I am wrong. @Hopinater and @ahblaza also have a ton of multiple subwoofer setup experience and knowledge in past posts and have helped many of us in this forum with seasoned guidance.

What AVR do you have and which room correction are you using? If you don't mind, can you describe your equipment and connection chain for us? Can't wait to hear your impressions.
Todeseng3l, sk373 and Hopinater like this.

Power Sound Audio S7201 Quad 18" 4000W Sealed Subwoofer - Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Epson 5030UB Projector - Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - - XBox One S - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
post #38736 of 52881 Old 12-22-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post

Yes!
post #38737 of 52881 Old 12-22-2017, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post

That graph makes me want to get a second S7201. Those summed gains are quite incredible. What are the sub positions (co-located, corner loaded)? Sorry I can't remember...

Power Sound Audio S7201 Quad 18" 4000W Sealed Subwoofer - Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Epson 5030UB Projector - Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - - XBox One S - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
post #38738 of 52881 Old 12-22-2017, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
That graph makes me want to get a second S7201. Those summed gains are quite incredible. What are the sub positions (co-located, corner loaded)? Sorry I can't remember...

They are in the front of the room, equidistant from the MLP and about 3 feet from the front wall due to some shelving I have and they sit next to the side walls.

climber07 likes this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD

Last edited by imureh; 12-22-2017 at 11:12 AM.
post #38739 of 52881 Old 12-22-2017, 11:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes!

I did this recently to test the exact thing you mentioned. This is with Audyssey off and subs only. That null pretty much goes away when adding in all speakers and Audyssey and looking at the average response at MLP.

post #38740 of 52881 Old 12-22-2017, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked: 2554
Quote:
Hey All,

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. In 2-4 weeks I will be the proud owner of two S7201! It has been quite a journey for me after dealing with Paradigm and a faulty Sub 2 for the past month. Nevertheless, I have been refunded the full amount of the Sub 2- enabling this purchase.

"Are you sure that you want to buy an inferior product out of the box and it will not have PBK room correction?"

I cannot wait until I take a picture of the S7201, send it to him and get the last laugh.

I am very lucky to have an understanding girlfriend. You know how they say it is always better to ask for forgiveness than permission? Well that worked out in my favor hahaha, especially going from the piano black finish/form factor of the Sub 2 to the [two] S7201. I own my house but my girlfriend lives with me and it is technically "her space too". I originally was going to put it along the 7ft wall that separating the foyer from the kitchen (diagram attached), however, to my surprise my girlfriend suggested putting the second one along the wall behind the dining room table!

Cheers,

Tony
Congrats. The 1st thing you have to do is have your girlfriend's friends take her out for a few drinks the day of the sub-delivery because when she gets home and see's the twin towers for the 1st time she is going to *****. The 2nd thing you have to do is thank the Paradigm dealer for selling you a faulty sub because you just struck gold with PSA. Ok, let's talk about setting the Twin Towers up. I highly recommend you go buy a mic and download REW on a computer/laptop because without it you will not be getting the full potential of these beasts. The way I'm looking at your layout it looks like you will have both subs in or near a corner and right across from each other. You have 32ft from the front living room wall to the back dining room wall and in my theater room I'm at 30ft from front to back and I have 2 of my subs in the same spots except my front left sub is pulled out a little from the front and side wall. I get a great response/graph with 2 of my subs in that configuration with the drivers facing each other. Now, the only concern I see is that 3.5ft wall that extends halfway into the room and that is when REW and a Mic comes in to play. Also since the sub in the dining room is closer to the MLP than the sub in the living room you would need to adjust the delay on the dining room sub and a Mic and REW is needed. Slowly adjust the delay, run a sweep. Repeat the process over and over if you see the frequency response improving and then stop when you see it having a negative effect. The goal is to achieve a 4-6db gain throughout the measured sweep with the 2nd sub and help fill any nulls. Congrats again!!! I have a feeling you are going to be blown away by the Twin Towers.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Marantz SR7013 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 monoblocks, 7.4.2 Atmos, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, 2 Volt 6 Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, 2 LaVoce 21inch Neo DIY subs and 2 PSA S3600I'S.

Last edited by Mike Butny; 12-22-2017 at 06:45 PM.
post #38741 of 52881 Old 12-22-2017, 03:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3582 Post(s)
Liked: 11364
Quote:
Hey All,

Cheers,

Tony
WOW!!! Dual S7201's. That's going to be unbelievably incredible. Congratulations Tony, I knew it would happen sooner or later that someone would run dual S7201's and it looks like the day is coming soon. I can't wait to read your impressions.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
post #38742 of 52881 Old 12-22-2017, 03:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Congrats man. You take one of the coveted top dual monster subwoofer positions for sure.

Having the subs nearly 32 feet apart and corner loaded will require some setup patience. If you haven't already read the posts from @Mike Butney, take a look: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...l#post55349372

I'm going to assume that you haven't had all that much experience with dialing in multiple subwoofers, but please forgive me if I am wrong. @Hopinater and @ahblaza also have a ton of multiple subwoofer setup experience and knowledge in past posts and have helped many of us in this forum with seasoned guidance.

What AVR do you have and which room correction are you using? If you don't mind, can you describe your equipment and connection chain for us? Can't wait to hear your impressions.
Yeah climber is right, running multiple subs takes a little more work to get them set up right but this is a great thread with lots of guys who are always willing to help. Climber already mentioned a few and there is also @basshead81 and @Alan P both of who have a ton of experience with multiple subs. So you'll have plenty of guys who will do their best to help if you find you need it.

One thing many of us suggest for anyone spending money on good subs, Buy a UMIK and download REW. It seems intimidating at first but it's actually pretty easy to learn and it will serve you well in dialing in your subs.

EDIT: Dang, I see Mike already beat me to the REW recommendation. Oh well, I second it.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Last edited by Hopinater; 12-22-2017 at 03:25 PM.
post #38743 of 52881 Old 12-22-2017, 09:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 812 Post(s)
Liked: 1171
Quote:
Hey All,

LMAO, “inferior sub”! The S7201 will own the Sub 2! And you’re getting two of them! Eight 18” drivers vs six 10” drivers is no contest! It’s basically the Pats vs the Browns, lol!

PBK was a neat feature in 2010. AVR’s have come a long way in the past 7+ yrs—for example, Audyssey XT32 does a fine job and can be had in a $600 AVR (Denon 3300). If you don’t have good room correction in your AVR (unlikely if you have a recent AVR), you can always get an AntiMode or Mini-DSP! Not to mention getting a UMIK and downloading REW as mentioned by Mike and Hop!

Congrats on the dual S7201’s, and welcome to the PSA family! 😎😎😎

My humble main system:
Vizio M75-E1; Oppo 203 universal UHD player; Denon 4300H AVR, Dual PSA S1801's; Monitor Audio Silver RX-6 mains, RX center, and RX surrounds; one pair NHT mini Atmos speakers; Home-built HTPC (Xeon E1230, 16gb RAM, Crucial M500 480gb SSD, GeForce 980Ti, Corsair CX600, CoolerMaster mini-ITX case); Roku Premiere+; Amazon 4K Fire TV
post #38744 of 52881 Old 12-22-2017, 09:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1122 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Just wanted to say how happy I am with my 15V. We were having a little dance party with my four and two-year-old in the basement and we were listening to how low by Ludacris (No, that's not a typical spin, Pandora put it in from Usher radio) and the couch and room was just vibrating with energy which was just an awesome experience for my kids shaking their little booties. Loving this sub!

Speakers: Fronts- JBL 230, Center- JBL 235C, Surrounds: Fluance XLBP
Sub: PSA 15V
Processing: Onkyo 676
Video: BenQ 1080ST
post #38745 of 52881 Old 12-23-2017, 12:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 401
Quote:
Hey All,

Cheers,

Tony
Damn bro! Gotta see these pictures when you get done dragging and pushing them into place. Jelly right now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Todeseng3l likes this.

Yamaha RX-A 1060
Emotiva BASX A3
Polk Audio RTi A9
Polk Audio CSi A6
PSA V3601
post #38746 of 52881 Old 12-23-2017, 12:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Quote:

Please have this dealer come by your house when you have the S7201's set up. Reminds me of some of the guys at Magnolia/Best buy who have no idea what they're talking about and talk down to I.D. companies .

Congrats on the new subs I can only imagine how sick they will sound.

Ascend Sierra 2's (LCR & side surrounds) + Pioneer atmos modules. 5.1.4 setup
Marantz AV7703
Rythmik FV15HP
JVC DLA-X590R (RS 440) projector
Stewart StudioTek 130 screen
post #38747 of 52881 Old 12-23-2017, 09:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 2819 Post(s)
Liked: 4293
Quote:
What I'd like to see is the FR overlays of dual subs individually then combined. I'm still skeptical that the combined gain can ever exceed 6dB.
Ive misplaced a lot of my files since switching laptops, but here is a sweep of my HST-18 by itself, then a combined response once the PA-460 was added in, before any eq or any significant tweaking.

As an example, I gained about 11 dB at 50 Hz and 25 dB at 90 Hz just to point out a couple of frequencies where the gain was much much greater than 6 dB by adding the 2nd sub.

With broadband pink noise, which usually reveals the AVERAGE SPL increase across the entire frequency range, I get 5-6 dB increase going from one sub to two, and this is with significant rolloff of the frequency response of the PA-460 below 40 Hz. My subs are about 15 ft apart with one in the front left corner of the room and the other close to the rear right corner of the room.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SINGLE VS DUAL BEFORE EQ.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	2334450  
post #38748 of 52881 Old 12-23-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Ive misplaced a lot of my files since switching laptops, but here is a sweep of my HST-18 by itself, then a combined response once the PA-460 was added in, before any eq or any significant tweaking.

As an example, I gained about 11 dB at 50 Hz and 25 dB at 90 Hz just to point out a couple of frequencies where the gain was much much greater than 6 dB by adding the 2nd sub.

With broadband pink noise, which usually reveals the AVERAGE SPL increase across the entire frequency range, I get 5-6 dB increase going from one sub to two, and this is with significant rolloff of the frequency response of the PA-460 below 40 Hz. My subs are about 15 ft apart with one in the front left corner of the room and the other close to the rear right corner of the room.

I have plenty of sweeps like this. Each sub interacts differently with the room. However when I sweep sub1 and sub2 alone, then overlay the combined response (see @imureh post above) I never see more than a 6dB combined gain. I'll check in the REW thread if there are any overlays showing over 6dB.
post #38749 of 52881 Old 12-23-2017, 07:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1846 Post(s)
Liked: 1231
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzer soze View Post
Please have this dealer come by your house when you have the S7201's set up. Reminds me of some of the guys at Magnolia/Best buy who have no idea what they're talking about and talk down to I.D. companies .

Congrats on the new subs I can only imagine how sick they will sound.
They don't see performance, they see commission.
And yes, I agree that many don't know as much as most of us here.
Todeseng3l and Jsnow17 like this.

------------------------------------------------
Receiver : Denon x5200
Front Stage : L/R - Statements by Jim Holtz
Surround Speakers : Klipsch RF-82II x 4 / RP-280F x 2
Subwooferage : 6 UM18/4 HT18 Subwoofer Log
post #38750 of 52881 Old 12-24-2017, 02:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Liked: 5028
Merry Christmas to all my fellow PSA owners and to Tom and Jim and the whole PSA family!!
post #38751 of 52881 Old 12-24-2017, 02:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subacabra View Post
Merry Christmas to all my fellow PSA owners and to Tom and Jim and the whole PSA family!!
I second that... Merry Christmas to Tom and Jim and every one you guys in the PSA family. I hope you all have a blessed time with your loved ones.

Tom I hope you take the entire day off.... but if previous years are any indication I doubt you will.

Merry Christmas to all!!!!!!!

post #38752 of 52881 Old 12-24-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pradeep2 View Post
Congrats on the two 7201s. Placing one on the 7ft wall would give you more of a near field effect as opposed to the corners. Where did you have the sub-2 located?
Thanks! I had the sub 2 located next to the TV in the same spot where the 1st 7201 is going.
post #38753 of 52881 Old 12-24-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:

Thanks man! This is my first dual subwoofer set-up, ever! The more advice the better.

I am running Dirac through the ARCAM SR250 (http://www.arcam.co.uk/products,FMJ,...iver,sr250.htm). I have a stereo set-up with Canton Reference DC 1 as my mains (https://www.stereophile.com/floorlou...ton/index.html) powered by BelCanto Ref600M monoblocks. Believe it or not, with the Sub 2 I found that running full LFE to the mains + sub sounded better than just the cross-over to the sub alone.

Merry Christmas!
Jsnow17 likes this.
post #38754 of 52881 Old 12-24-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post
Congrats. The 1st thing you have to do is have your girlfriend's friends take her out for a few drinks the day of the sub-delivery because when she gets home and see's the twin towers for the 1st time she is going to *****. The 2nd thing you have to do is thank the Paradigm dealer for selling you a faulty sub because you just struck gold with PSA. Ok, let's talk about setting the Twin Towers up. I highly recommend you go buy a mic and download REW on a computer/laptop because without it you will not be getting the full potential of these beasts. The way I'm looking at your layout it looks like you will have both subs in or near a corner and right across from each other. You have 32ft from the front living room wall to the back dining room wall and in my theater room I'm at 30ft from front to back and I have 2 of my subs in the same spots except my front left sub is pulled out a little from the front and side wall. I get a great response/graph with 2 of my subs in that configuration with the drivers facing each other. Now, the only concern I see is that 3.5ft wall that extends halfway into the room and that is when REW and a Mic comes in to play. Also since the sub in the dining room is closer to the MLP than the sub in the living room you would need to adjust the delay on the dining room sub and a Mic and REW is needed. Slowly adjust the delay, run a sweep. Repeat the process over and over if you see the frequency response improving and then stop when you see it having a negative effect. The goal is to achieve a 4-6db gain throughout the measured sweep with the 2nd sub and help fill any nulls. Congrats again!!! I have a feeling you are going to be blown away by the Twin Towers.
Thank you! hahaha My girlfriend is aware of the size, I showed her with a tape measure the footprint and told her "there is no replacement for displacement"... she wasn't amused LOL BUT was still supportive. DIRAC adjusts delay automatically for me, even to the subs. Do you think that is inferior to manually running sweeps?
Jsnow17 likes this.
post #38755 of 52881 Old 12-24-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk373 View Post
LMAO, “inferior sub”! The S7201 will own the Sub 2! And you’re getting two of them! Eight 18” drivers vs six 10” drivers is no contest! It’s basically the Pats vs the Browns, lol!

PBK was a neat feature in 2010. AVR’s have come a long way in the past 7+ yrs—for example, Audyssey XT32 does a fine job and can be had in a $600 AVR (Denon 3300). If you don’t have good room correction in your AVR (unlikely if you have a recent AVR), you can always get an AntiMode or Mini-DSP! Not to mention getting a UMIK and downloading REW as mentioned by Mike and Hop!

Congrats on the dual S7201’s, and welcome to the PSA family! 😎😎😎
Or like the Bills vs Patriots hahhaha unfortunate Bills fan from birth =/
sk373 likes this.
post #38756 of 52881 Old 12-24-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Thank you! hahaha My girlfriend is aware of the size, I showed her with a tape measure the footprint and told her "there is no replacement for displacement"... she wasn't amused LOL BUT was still supportive. DIRAC adjusts delay automatically for me, even to the subs. Do you think that is inferior to manually running sweeps?
You need to manually run REW sweeps to check & tweak what Dirac has done. Arcam made an unfortunate choice when implementing Dirac & bass management that is not optimal in most opinions.
post #38757 of 52881 Old 12-24-2017, 09:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked: 2554
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post
Congrats. The 1st thing you have to do is have your girlfriend's friends take her out for a few drinks the day of the sub-delivery because when she gets home and see's the twin towers for the 1st time she is going to *****[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.avsforum.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]. The 2nd thing you have to do is thank the Paradigm dealer for selling you a faulty sub because you just struck gold with PSA. Ok, let's talk about setting the Twin Towers up. I highly recommend you go buy a mic and download REW on a computer/laptop because without it you will not be getting the full potential of these beasts. The way I'm looking at your layout it looks like you will have both subs in or near a corner and right across from each other. You have 32ft from the front living room wall to the back dining room wall and in my theater room I'm at 30ft from front to back and I have 2 of my subs in the same spots except my front left sub is pulled out a little from the front and side wall. I get a great response/graph with 2 of my subs in that configuration with the drivers facing each other. Now, the only concern I see is that 3.5ft wall that extends halfway into the room and that is when REW and a Mic comes in to play. Also since the sub in the dining room is closer to the MLP than the sub in the living room you would need to adjust the delay on the dining room sub and a Mic and REW is needed. Slowly adjust the delay, run a sweep. Repeat the process over and over if you see the frequency response improving and then stop when you see it having a negative effect. The goal is to achieve a 4-6db gain throughout the measured sweep with the 2nd sub and help fill any nulls. Congrats again!!! I have a feeling you are going to be blown away by the Twin Towers.
You will get better results dialing in the delays prior to running the RCS.
Marc Alexander and Todeseng3l like this.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Marantz SR7013 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 monoblocks, 7.4.2 Atmos, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, 2 Volt 6 Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, 2 LaVoce 21inch Neo DIY subs and 2 PSA S3600I'S.
post #38758 of 52881 Old 12-25-2017, 01:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks man! This is my first dual subwoofer set-up, ever! The more advice the better.

I am running Dirac through the ARCAM SR250 (http://www.arcam.co.uk/products,FMJ,...iver,sr250.htm). I have a stereo set-up with Canton Reference DC 1 as my mains (https://www.stereophile.com/floorlou...ton/index.html) powered by BelCanto Ref600M monoblocks. Believe it or not, with the Sub 2 I found that running full LFE to the mains + sub sounded better than just the cross-over to the sub alone.

Merry Christmas!
Just as others have advised, dropping 125 bucks on a UMIK-1 and using REW will help you to dial in the dual subs so that you get the best response along with your speakers. Not having any bad habits or preconceived notions about crossovers or settings will help a lot too. I was resistant, at first, to use the higer (80 - 100 Hz) crossovers for my mains. I also wanted to initially use sub + mains. It didn't work at all. I now use a 100 Hz crossover all around for the speakers. Don't get me wrong, all speakers are different and some may play well with certain subs at certain freqs. Get a copy of REW, a UMIK-1, a few hours to play, and voila! Patience also goes a long way. You may not be pleased at first. Don't get discouraged. It takes time to get dual subs dialed in.
Todeseng3l and Hopinater like this.

post #38759 of 52881 Old 12-25-2017, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Liked: 5028
Enjoying a little Earth to Echo at -12 with my little guy!
post #38760 of 52881 Old 12-25-2017, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Hi all. I have a S3600i that I purchased this year.

It's been working fine, but today it won't power on. Nothing. It's barely been used and I'm at a loss as to what might have happened.

Everything else in our room is working fine.

Is there any way to determine what the problem is? And any easy way to fix it? It's holiday season and we're about to have guests and a party and was looking forward to using the sub for movies and party.

Is it feasible to unscrew the amp plate to determine if a fuse inside is blown? (Again, unsure how since we have circuit breakers in the house, and nothing else is having issues, and the sub itself never goes past 3 / 12 on the dial.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Am a little bummed given the ~$4000 price tag I paid in AUD. Otherwise this unit has been incredible.

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
chuffitychuffchuff , chuffmaster , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , hr chuff'n'stuff , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , psa , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , s3000i , s7201 , tv36 , v1500 , V1800 , v1801 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page