Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 1408 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 66552Likes

post #42211 of 52935 Old 05-10-2018, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 96
I have a long-winded question about adding a sub (pretty much sold on PSA) and which room to place it:

We are in the very early stages of converting a den from a gathering/entertainment spot for teenagers to a sitting area for adults. Kids are (almost) gone, so no need for gaming etc. I (we) envision little TV/movie use in that area, but quite a bit of music. That could possibly change to more TV as time goes on, but I am doubtful. I want to replace the two BIC F-12s that are there now with a decent sub. I initially planned to get a 15" (probably sealed) PSA sub. Then I thought it might be better to move my Epik Legend (sealed, 12" dual opposed) from the MBR to the den, and put the new PSA in the MBR. We do a lot of TV/movie watching in the MBR. I anticipate that the time spent listening to music in the MBR will probably be done in the "new" den instead, so maybe a vented (15"?) sub would be better for the MBR than the Legend.

The room dimensions are approximately the same in both rooms: 18' X 14' X 8'(MBR) or 9' (den). The den has concrete floor overlaid with wood laminate. The MBR is currently carpeted but plans are to rip that out (may be a few years down the road) and replace with wood laminate. The MBR also has more "open" area than the den which has practically none.

I welcome any suggestions but don't want duals in either setting. We have a living room setup with one V1800 (and another or V1801 some time in the future), so neither of these two rooms will be the "primary" movie watching area.

I am now thinking that I should decide the best spot for the existing Epik Legend and then decide which PSA sub is the best fit for the remaining room.

Is there any upside/downside for a down-firing sub in either location? Does carpeting vs wood laminate alter that equation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42212 of 52935 Old 05-10-2018, 10:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 2497 Post(s)
Liked: 3580
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebosco View Post
Hi Jeffrey

Here's exactly what I have been doing

*After running Audyssey, I make sure DEQ and DynVol are off. And change crossovers to 80hz.
*I put the umik-1 in the same place as the Audyssey mic.
*I open the REW tone generator and set it to Pink Noise and select "speaker cal." and set it to -30dBfs.
*I then turn my AVR master volume to 0dB and press play on the Tone Generator. I check inputs hdmi1, 2,3,4,5,and 6.

My subs usually come back spot on or maybe a dB low(which is close enough and well within the margin of error between the different mics)

My speakers come back at between 79 - 80dB

If I use the AVR test tone (instead of REWs tone generator) my speakers will measure very close to 75dB,usually fluxuating between 74.9 and 75.4dB and the subs will be around 77-79dB.
BUT, here's the thing - using the AVR's tone DISABLES Audyssey's room EQ and as I don't listen without Audyssey REQ in normal usage - I don't see the point in setting the levels with it disengaged

Looking at your last post, it looks like your last tests showed similar kind of results I'm getting?

..... Well I went to high school with Pat Rafter(not sure if you remember him) Top bloke, as nice as you'd ever meet.
Cheers
Jamie
Jamie, I responded to Mike's post and totally agree with him and confirmed what he's saying, the differences with Audy engaged trim results are within +- .5-1dB with regards to Audy trim levels not engaged. Like I mentioned earlier a lot of folks use Audy to set trims (levels) and distances (delays) and then manually EQ their systems, I believe it's a constant and not so much a variable as the TG with regards to generating a 75dB signal at -30dBFS. I wonder if the Windows audio settings could affect both the AVR (output) and UMIK (input) with regards to the TG signal. Like I mentioned, I got very similar results with the meters and UMIK when playing a -30dBFS MV 0 signal from the TG, all 4dB hot..................................

Speaking of Pat Rafter, he was one of my favorite players, I watched him just coming up in the tennis ranks as a young pup, he was always a fan favorite, he now coaches a female USA women player Coco V.

My next move is to verify the output of the TG with regards to reference 75dB at -30dBFS at MV 0, I'll figure it out mate.............

Cheers Jeffrey
jamiebosco and mthomas47 like this.

Last edited by ahblaza; 05-12-2018 at 08:26 PM.
post #42213 of 52935 Old 05-10-2018, 10:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 2985 Post(s)
Liked: 3828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post
Cost is not a factor, right now I have a single VTF3 MK5.
They will each offer you something different. For music I don't think you can do better than the Submersives, Mark just has done a great job on the DSP calibration. For size, S1 has a lot of performance, but IMO, quad 18 inch drivers with the dual S3601s will something to experience. It will give you the most headroom and bang for your buck plus the outstanding CS from Tom. The Rythmik F18 is a great sub as well plus the upcoming G25HP looks pretty impressive on paper as well. Still I would say the 18 inch drivers have something special about them.
Mike Butny and ahblaza like this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42214 of 52935 Old 05-10-2018, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 459
There's definitely something to be said about having that great customer service. Knowing that when I order subs I'll have them in like 2 days and if there's a problem with them it will get fixed in a timely fashion. I think dual S3601 will give me a ton of headroom and have nice tactile response in my smallish room.
Marc Alexander likes this.
post #42215 of 52935 Old 05-10-2018, 11:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3583 Post(s)
Liked: 11388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Ames View Post
I have a long-winded question about adding a sub (pretty much sold on PSA) and which room to place it:

We are in the very early stages of converting a den from a gathering/entertainment spot for teenagers to a sitting area for adults. Kids are (almost) gone, so no need for gaming etc. I (we) envision little TV/movie use in that area, but quite a bit of music. That could possibly change to more TV as time goes on, but I am doubtful. I want to replace the two BIC F-12s that are there now with a decent sub. I initially planned to get a 15" (probably sealed) PSA sub. Then I thought it might be better to move my Epik Legend (sealed, 12" dual opposed) from the MBR to the den, and put the new PSA in the MBR. We do a lot of TV/movie watching in the MBR. I anticipate that the time spent listening to music in the MBR will probably be done in the "new" den instead, so maybe a vented (15"?) sub would be better for the MBR than the Legend.

The room dimensions are approximately the same in both rooms: 18' X 14' X 8'(MBR) or 9' (den). The den has concrete floor overlaid with wood laminate. The MBR is currently carpeted but plans are to rip that out (may be a few years down the road) and replace with wood laminate. The MBR also has more "open" area than the den which has practically none.

I welcome any suggestions but don't want duals in either setting. We have a living room setup with one V1800 (and another or V1801 some time in the future), so neither of these two rooms will be the "primary" movie watching area.

I am now thinking that I should decide the best spot for the existing Epik Legend and then decide which PSA sub is the best fit for the remaining room.

Is there any upside/downside for a down-firing sub in either location? Does carpeting vs wood laminate alter that equation?
Since neither of the rooms you are planning on adding the new sub in will be used for movie watching then I think I would probably go with a sealed sub and I think the 15S or the S1801 would both be good choices. There is no real upside or downside to down firing. IMO the 15S is the best choice if you want to save a little money while the S1801 would be the better choice if you wanted a little a more output capability.

I would probably choose the to go with the S1801 because I would rather have more sub than I need than wish I had more sub than I have... YMMV.
vardo and Tom Ames like this.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
post #42216 of 52935 Old 05-10-2018, 11:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 1108 Post(s)
Liked: 1867
Quote:
There's definitely something to be said about having that great customer service. Knowing that when I order subs I'll have them in like 2 days and if there's a problem with them it will get fixed in a timely fashion. I think dual S3601 will give me a ton of headroom and have nice tactile response in my smallish room.
It will probably be unreal, those two subs, in your smallish room. Extension to prob 8 or 9 hz... crazy.
SuperFist likes this.
post #42217 of 52935 Old 05-10-2018, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah PSA's customer service is incredible and it really adds peace of mind to the ordering process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Charles View Post
It will probably be unreal, those two subs, in your smallish room. Extension to prob 8 or 9 hz... crazy.
Agreed. It would be incredible.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

post #42218 of 52935 Old 05-10-2018, 12:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

S3601's should sound decent for music too right?
CallingMrBenzo and Pradeep2 like this.
post #42219 of 52935 Old 05-10-2018, 12:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
While I can't speak for the S3601 directly I do have it's little brother the S1801 and it sounds great with music. I use it in the living room set up which is at least 80% music use.
ahblaza and Pradeep2 like this.

post #42220 of 52935 Old 05-10-2018, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)
Liked: 5035
I have dual s3601's in my smallish living room and they are way, way more than I'd ever need. I think you will really like them both for music and movies. They can be subtle and musical and then destroy your house when called upon.
That and the first class customer service from Tom is the icing on the cake.
Best of luck in your quest
Quote:
Mike Butny, vardo, ahblaza and 1 others like this.
post #42221 of 52935 Old 05-10-2018, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked: 1424
Quote:
I exclusively listened to music on pure direct with my JBL S310 towers until I got my PSA S3601. I previously had ported SVS subs and didn't like the sound. Once the PSA arrived I have been slamming stereo music and have not looked back it sounds fantastic!!!!!! Movies, Music it does not matter. I dream of the day I get another

Marantz 7011- Panasonic UB-820- Xbox One X - Epson HC 5050UB *Calibrated by ChadB* - Elite Screen's 2:35:1 AT 115' - PSA MTM 110's L/C/R - Mixed Surrounds - SVS Elevations Atmos X2 - Dual PSA TV36 B&C Neo's *MiniDSP HD* Took the Red Pill BEQ
post #42222 of 52935 Old 05-10-2018, 05:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1122 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quick REW question guys. I'm testing out my center on it's own and I can't figure out how to make the type of visual graph that I see others posting. When i test 50hz to 20,000 hz the lines end up all over the damn place, so wondering if there's something in REW to get a better visual on what response I'm getting taht's not so jagged. Attached is my graph for my center and a comparison frequency repsonse I found online of what I'm trying to get. Is the other response just that much better, or do they do something in the settings?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	speaker.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	2401210   Click image for larger version

Name:	BIC Center Channel.png
Views:	47
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	2401212  

Speakers: Fronts- JBL 230, Center- JBL 235C, Surrounds: Fluance XLBP
Sub: PSA 15V
Processing: Onkyo 676
Video: BenQ 1080ST
post #42223 of 52935 Old 05-10-2018, 05:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallingMrBenzo View Post
I exclusively listened to music on pure direct with my JBL S310 towers until I got my PSA S3601. I previously had ported SVS subs and didn't like the sound. Once the PSA arrived I have been slamming stereo music and have not looked back it sounds fantastic!!!!!! Movies, Music it does not matter. I dream of the day I get another
What size room?
post #42224 of 52935 Old 05-10-2018, 07:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quoted: 2346 Post(s)
Liked: 1646
Quote:
Originally Posted by butie120 View Post
Quick REW question guys. I'm testing out my center on it's own and I can't figure out how to make the type of visual graph that I see others posting. When i test 50hz to 20,000 hz the lines end up all over the damn place, so wondering if there's something in REW to get a better visual on what response I'm getting taht's not so jagged. Attached is my graph for my center and a comparison frequency repsonse I found online of what I'm trying to get. Is the other response just that much better, or do they do something in the settings?
All speakers should use the 1/6 smoothing with the exception of subs which should be no smoothing. I see you haven't read the rew guide that is in the REW thread?
ahblaza likes this.

Theater room: Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Outlaw Audio 976 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panny 60 inch | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Axiom Audio M60/VP150/QS8
post #42225 of 52935 Old 05-11-2018, 08:34 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked: 1424
Quote:
What size room?
I have an L shaped room with no door when you enter. The theater part is about 24 long by 12 wide with 7 or 8 foot ceiling. I am unsure how large the opening is at the back of the room forming the L. I can measure later but is the size of a small office, the rest of the basement laundry room is separated by wood paneling so not even a real wall.

Marantz 7011- Panasonic UB-820- Xbox One X - Epson HC 5050UB *Calibrated by ChadB* - Elite Screen's 2:35:1 AT 115' - PSA MTM 110's L/C/R - Mixed Surrounds - SVS Elevations Atmos X2 - Dual PSA TV36 B&C Neo's *MiniDSP HD* Took the Red Pill BEQ
post #42226 of 52935 Old 05-11-2018, 09:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallingMrBenzo View Post
Quote:

I have two s3000i subs and they sound fantastic with music! I prefer a sealed over a ported for music and they do not disappoint!!!!

Yamaha RX-A2080 + Emotiva XPA-5 | Paradigm Monitor 11 v6 | Paradigm CC-390 | Paradigm Monitor 9 v6 | Pair of Hsu Research HIW-1s | Pair of PSA S3000i subs
post #42227 of 52935 Old 05-11-2018, 10:13 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Quoted: 6587 Post(s)
Liked: 5976
Quote:
Originally Posted by butie120 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
All speakers should use the 1/6 smoothing with the exception of subs which should be no smoothing. I see you haven't read the rew guide that is in the REW thread?
There's also variable smoothing.

The guide that ereed is referring to is linked in my sig.
ereed and ahblaza like this.
post #42228 of 52935 Old 05-11-2018, 10:34 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Hey guys, been about 3 years since I logged in here, but just wanted to say that my XV15se that I bought 3-4 years ago is still working great. While one can always have more bass, I never find myself wanting while watching movies or gaming. If I ever upgrade someday, I'll go right back to these guys.

post #42229 of 52935 Old 05-11-2018, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 9667
post #42230 of 52935 Old 05-11-2018, 02:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked: 2555
I thought I would chime in on the Port noise drama that seems to be brought up every few weeks. My buddy bought a V3601 and I went to his house and ran REW and found the best location up front as he did not want the sub anywhere in the rear. His house is huge and the sub is in his family room on the 1st floor which is open to the entire 1st floor. The sub anchors his 4K tv and sits an inch to the left of his tv and measures +/- 4.5db before running ODY. I raised the sub trim 8db hot after running AUDY and listened to some demanding movie scenes and music and the 1st words that come to my mind is BUTTER. Every scene or song was as smooth as butter. I did not hear a hint of port noise and I also engaged Dynamic EQ on some material and the sound still had that smooth as butter feeling. I'm going to be back at his house in a few weeks to throw some more material at it and he's already talking about adding a 2nd . I think we can finally put the port noise drama to bed.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Marantz SR7013 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 monoblocks, 7.4.2 Atmos, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, 2 Volt 6 Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, 2 LaVoce 21inch Neo DIY subs and 2 PSA S3600I'S.

Last edited by Mike Butny; 05-11-2018 at 03:13 PM.
post #42231 of 52935 Old 05-11-2018, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Quoted: 6587 Post(s)
Liked: 5976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni009 View Post
Hey guys, been about 3 years since I logged in here, but just wanted to say that my XV15se that I bought 3-4 years ago is still working great. While one can always have more bass, I never find myself wanting while watching movies or gaming. If I ever upgrade someday, I'll go right back to these guys.
The two bolded sections above are directly correlated with each other.
post #42232 of 52935 Old 05-11-2018, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Quoted: 5627 Post(s)
Liked: 5218
Quote:
More than just decent. Dual S3601s should provide you the best of both worlds. Music and movies.

My advice is to do your setup (run auto-EQ or manual) with Room Size at 12:00. Then adjust to taste. For me, Room Size Large for movies and dialed back towards Small for movies.
ahblaza and Hopinater like this.
post #42233 of 52935 Old 05-11-2018, 04:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 557
The PSA s3601 really has me intrigued. I currently have a Rythmik FV18 on order, but I would really like to try one of these as well.

I really like the sound of the Rythmiks but I’m assuming this would be right up there too. I’m a 60ht/40 music in an open floor plan. Would these two be comparable in output for HT?

Last edited by jsc79; 05-11-2018 at 04:08 PM.
post #42234 of 52935 Old 05-11-2018, 04:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 1406 Post(s)
Liked: 5739
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc79 View Post
The PSA s3601 really has me intrigued. I currently have a Rythmik FV18 on order, but I would really like to try one of these as well.

I really like the sound of the Rythmiks but I’m assuming this would be right up there too. I’m a 60ht/40 music in an open floor plan. Would these two be comparable in output for HT?
Mike Butny and Hopinater like this.
post #42235 of 52935 Old 05-11-2018, 04:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc79 View Post

I don’t have the numbers for the FV18 but have no doubt the S3601 with dual 18 inch drivers and a 1700 watt amp has substantial output over 30hz than the FV18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #42236 of 52935 Old 05-11-2018, 04:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 316 Post(s)
Quoted: 3671 Post(s)
Liked: 4859
Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
I don’t have the numbers for the FV18 but have no doubt the S3601 with dual 18 inch drivers and a 1700 watt amp has substantial output over 30hz than the FV18
More like +4dB over 50Hz, but -5~-7dB under 25Hz...

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Noesis 212HT. Surrounds: Jamo C103, KEF Q100, Polk Audio RTiA3.
Subwoofer: JTR Captivator 4000ULF.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Samsung UN75NU8000FXZA.

FS: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3
post #42237 of 52935 Old 05-11-2018, 05:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 1108 Post(s)
Liked: 1867
Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread

It May seem crazy, but I run both the v3601 and v1801 at the same exact levels. At 130 ish db in my room, I finally found the level where my v3601 kept pushing on past v1801. It didn’t sound bad, just warm cone and the v3601 wasn’t. I turned it down immediately but I assume that was limits. I never play that high unless I’m testing, very drunk or having a party... so the same levels the stay. At reference, the v1801 keeps right up and has no issues. This may bother anyone that has OCD but ehhhh. Believe me, I tried the v1801 near field and my room just wont allow it (not a dedicated room). At any rate, I’ll be trading v1801 for v3601 in a few months or towards whatever new monster they release.

Am I crazy to think the v1801 will play just as loud as v3601, just with less spl? Same drivers and amp.

I haven’t moved from this configuration in quite sometime as it’s flat af, sounds great, and less to dial in . I’m happy!

Edit: I found a level I keep it at for music, movies, tv, etc. Its 1:00 on sub amp, -11 on AVR and room size largest. Rocks the room and my neighborhood!

Last edited by David Charles; 05-11-2018 at 05:11 PM.
post #42238 of 52935 Old 05-11-2018, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
More like +4dB over 50Hz, but -5~-7dB under 25Hz...
I am not seeing those kind of differences you noted even though PSA is averages, the separation is too great. Help me understand please as I am keen to know

dio, FV18(12Hz Tuning)
Sing. 18

94 99.7 106.7 110.1 112.7 115 116.1 117.2 118.2 118.5 119.1 118.8

Rythmik Audio, FV18(16Hz Tuning)
Sing. 18

/ 99 106.5 111.3 114.6 116.2 117.4 118.3 118.7 118.9 119.4 118.9

S3601

16Hz - 25Hz: 117.3 dB
31Hz - 50Hz: 131.1 dB
63Hz - 100Hz: 134.5 dB
16Hz - 100Hz: 130.1 dB
ahblaza likes this.

post #42239 of 52935 Old 05-11-2018, 07:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post
I thought I would chime in on the Port noise drama that seems to be brought up every few weeks. My buddy bought a V3601 and I went to his house and ran REW and found the best location up front as he did not want the sub anywhere in the rear. His house is huge and the sub is in his family room on the 1st floor which is open to the entire 1st floor. The sub anchors his 4K tv and sits an inch to the left of his tv and measures +/- 4.5db before running ODY. I raised the sub trim 8db hot after running AUDY and listened to some demanding movie scenes and music and the 1st words that come to my mind is BUTTER. Every scene or song was as smooth as butter. I did not hear a hint of port noise and I also engaged Dynamic EQ on some material and the sound still had that smooth as butter feeling. I'm going to be back at his house in a few weeks to throw some more material at it and he's already talking about adding a 2nd . I think we can finally put the port noise drama to bed.
Oh my gosh... that's so funny that you used the term "Smooth as Butter. That's literally exactly the very first thing I said to myself when I first set up my V3601's. I didn't post it because I was focused on the soul crushing bass; but when I first fired up the V3601's (after calibration) I simply smiled and said "It's like Butter." Looks like we think alike Mike.
jazztech likes this.

post #42240 of 52935 Old 05-11-2018, 07:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post
Oh my gosh... that's so funny that you used the term "Smooth as Butter. That's literally exactly the very first thing I said to myself when I first set up my V3601's. I didn't post it because I was focused on the soul crushing bass; but when I first fired up the V3601's (after calibration) I simply smiled and said "It's like Butter." Looks like we think alike Mike.
Mike Butny and Pradeep2 like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
chuffitychuffchuff , chuffmaster , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , hr chuff'n'stuff , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , psa , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , s3000i , s7201 , tv36 , v1500 , V1800 , v1801 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page