Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 1441 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 67016Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #43201 of 53110 Old 06-21-2018, 03:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,885
Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3051 Post(s)
Liked: 10484
Hi all,

Subwoofer availability update.



Code red status.

All V1811 in the first production run are sold. Any new V1811 order will likely ship in late July/early August.

All S3611 in the first production run are sold. Any new S3611 order will likely ship late July/early Auguest.

Code yellow status.(very limited quantities left in the first production run.)

S1510

S1811

V1510df

Code green

V1510
V3611

S1510df
S3010
S7201

Still have a few 15S, S3000i and V3601 in stock at discounts.(please email or pop into chat for best pricing).


Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
SuperFist, Haiej, brasewel and 2 others like this.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep,
Tom Vodhanel is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #43202 of 53110 Old 06-21-2018, 03:25 PM
Member
 
Farm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 22
S1500 in the house

My first of two S1500s arrived today. My 11 year old signed for it and I'm pretty sure the box weighs more than him.
Haiej, Hopinater, Pradeep2 and 1 others like this.
Farm is offline  
post #43203 of 53110 Old 06-21-2018, 03:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
subacabra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Hillsborough, New Jersey
Posts: 2,681
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1768 Post(s)
Liked: 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
I"M SO HAPPY!!!!!!

It took two weeks but the HT is back up and running. Four Atmos channels were added, all speaker was wire run through the walls and the room was prepped for the future addition of a projector and screen. I have already done a little demoing of some Atmos material and I'm absolutely amazed at the level of immersion. I watched a scene in 13 Hours and the sound of the bullets whizzing across the room and all around me was intense. I almost ducked a few times.

I also want to thank @lizrussspike for his help talking me through setting up the Denon X4200 with an external amp to run the extra channels. That's exactly what I love about this PSA Subwoofer thread... it's a family always willing to help out.

One question... What movies and or scenes have you guys discovered that are great for Atmos demos?
Congrats!
I'd def recommend Gravity(diamond luxe edition w/atmos)
MMFR
Unbroken
Dredd
Annihilation
Kong Skull Island
Matrix
Man of Steel
Serenity
Maze Runner The Death Cure
Transformers(all)
Mission Impossible Rogue Nation
Fury
Life
It
The Cave(not atmos but when upmixed with neural:x sounds phenomenal)
There's plenty more I missed I'm sure others will chime in
vardo, Hopinater and GeoJustGeo like this.
subacabra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #43204 of 53110 Old 06-21-2018, 04:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 6,880
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3594 Post(s)
Liked: 11471
Thanks Subacabra. I'll have to try them out... tonight I think I'll watch Rogue Nation.
subacabra and Pradeep2 like this.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
Hopinater is offline  
post #43205 of 53110 Old 06-21-2018, 04:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
muscles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Posts: 617
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 778 Post(s)
Liked: 1107
I just got off of a chat with Tom V. what a nice guy! After talking to him a few times today and doing some measurements I ordered 2 S3611's! Time to make some room for these....I think the SVS SB16's gotta go...still have the JL Audio Fathom F113's though....should I keep them or just run the PSA's? I guess I can find out when they arrive. EXCITED!

Greg

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik F18SEs - Dual JTR RS1's - SB13 Ultra
Speakers: 2xJTR Noesis 212RT 1 210RM - KEF LS50W
Audio:McIntosh C2600 Pre - Marantz SR-8012 -Dual McIntosh 601's - PS Audio M700 - McIntosh MT5 - GoldNotePH10 - Oppo UDP-205 - BlueSound Node 2
TV: Samsung 75" Q9FN - Sony 75" 940D
muscles is online now  
post #43206 of 53110 Old 06-21-2018, 05:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,675
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked: 1261
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscles View Post
I just got off of a chat with Tom V. what a nice guy! After talking to him a few times today and doing some measurements I ordered 2 S3611's! Time to make some room for these....I think the SVS SB16's gotta go...still have the JL Audio Fathom F113's though....should I keep them or just run the PSA's? I guess I can find out when they arrive. EXCITED!

Greg
Placing the two s3611s 1/4 spacing on the front wall and the f113s very near field firing into the back of your prime seating should be glorious.
ahblaza, Haiej and muscles like this.
Pradeep2 is offline  
post #43207 of 53110 Old 06-21-2018, 05:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,129
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 988 Post(s)
Liked: 1110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
I"M SO HAPPY!!!!!!

It took two weeks but the HT is back up and running. Four Atmos channels were added, all speaker was wire run through the walls and the room was prepped for the future addition of a projector and screen. I have already done a little demoing of some Atmos material and I'm absolutely amazed at the level of immersion. I watched a scene in 13 Hours and the sound of the bullets whizzing across the room and all around me was intense. I almost ducked a few times.

I also want to thank @lizrussspike for his help talking me through setting up the Denon X4200 with an external amp to run the extra channels. That's exactly what I love about this PSA Subwoofer thread... it's a family always willing to help out.

One question... What movies and or scenes have you guys discovered that are great for Atmos demos?
You gotta watch IT!
It's the most height activity I've seen so far in Atmos!
Congrats btw!
Haiej and Hopinater like this.
GeoJustGeo is offline  
post #43208 of 53110 Old 06-21-2018, 05:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,129
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 988 Post(s)
Liked: 1110
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscles View Post
I just got off of a chat with Tom V. what a nice guy! After talking to him a few times today and doing some measurements I ordered 2 S3611's! Time to make some room for these....I think the SVS SB16's gotta go...still have the JL Audio Fathom F113's though....should I keep them or just run the PSA's? I guess I can find out when they arrive. EXCITED!

Greg
From dual SB-16'S to dual S3611's is a huge upgrade!! That should be a fun eye-opener lol.
Haiej, muscles and Pradeep2 like this.
GeoJustGeo is offline  
post #43209 of 53110 Old 06-21-2018, 05:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 6,880
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3594 Post(s)
Liked: 11471
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscles View Post
I just got off of a chat with Tom V. what a nice guy! After talking to him a few times today and doing some measurements I ordered 2 S3611's! Time to make some room for these....I think the SVS SB16's gotta go...still have the JL Audio Fathom F113's though....should I keep them or just run the PSA's? I guess I can find out when they arrive. EXCITED!

Greg
Dual S3611's should be pretty incredible... it's a great choice for a powerhouse subwoofer and two is even better. Congratulations!
muscles likes this.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
Hopinater is offline  
post #43210 of 53110 Old 06-21-2018, 05:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,675
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked: 1261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm View Post
My first of two S1500s arrived today. My 11 year old signed for it and I'm pretty sure the box weighs more than him.
My first real sub was a 15S (the downfiring brother of the S1500). Welcome to the subwoofer rabbit hole!
Haiej and GeoJustGeo like this.
Pradeep2 is offline  
post #43211 of 53110 Old 06-21-2018, 06:24 PM
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 16,766
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2745 Post(s)
Liked: 3633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Yep... as lizrussspike mentioned going with a tactile transducer (or actuator depending on what you buy) is a great option. It really compliments the great bass we get from our PSA subs. I remember a few years ago reading a post from @Toe where he said one of the best upgrades he made to his HT was adding Buttkickers (and Toe has a seriously nice setup with excellent equipment... so that statement made me take notice). In truth, up to that point I had thought of them as a gimmick but when he said that it made me reconsider. So a year or so later I pursued adding the Crowsons and I'm very happy I did. In fact, I really wish I had added them much earlier.
Great to hear your loving the Crowsons Hop! Appreciate the kind words. You have a killer setup as well my friend!

Congrats on your Atmos upgrade! I haven't taken that plunge yet, but will hit you and lizrussspike up when I do to get some advice if you don't mind.
Toe is online now  
post #43212 of 53110 Old 06-21-2018, 07:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mike Butny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orland Park, Il
Posts: 2,175
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Liked: 2573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
I"M SO HAPPY!!!!!! [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG] [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

It took two weeks but the HT is back up and running. Four Atmos channels were added, all speaker was wire run through the walls and the room was prepped for the future addition of a projector and screen. I have already done a little demoing of some Atmos material and I'm absolutely amazed at the level of immersion. I watched a scene in 13 Hours and the sound of the bullets whizzing across the room and all around me was intense. I almost ducked a few times.

I also want to thank @lizrussspike for his help talking me through setting up the Denon X4200 with an external amp to run the extra channels. That's exactly what I love about this PSA Subwoofer thread... it's a family always willing to help out.

One question... What movies and or scenes have you guys discovered that are great for Atmos demos?
John Wick 1 final fight scene in the rain. Turn it up and enjoy and you may feel the need for an umbrella.
Haiej and Hopinater like this.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Marantz SR7013 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 monoblocks, 7.4.2 Atmos, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, 2 Volt 6 Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, 2 LaVoce 21inch Neo DIY subs and 2 PSA S3600I'S.

Last edited by Mike Butny; 06-22-2018 at 07:01 PM.
Mike Butny is offline  
post #43213 of 53110 Old 06-21-2018, 08:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 6,880
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3594 Post(s)
Liked: 11471
Just finished Rogue Nation and the motorcycle chase was awesome. Hearing the bikes pass by you from one side of the room to the other is worth the price of admission by itself. I think I have a lot of movie watching ahead of me this summer.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
Hopinater is offline  
post #43214 of 53110 Old 06-21-2018, 09:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
fastninja76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Monterey
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Just finished Rogue Nation and the motorcycle chase was awesome. Hearing the bikes pass by you from one side of the room to the other is worth the price of admission by itself. I think I have a lot of movie watching ahead of me this summer.
Hey Hop, what speakers did you use for the Atmos?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yamaha RX-A 1060
Emotiva BASX A3
Polk Audio RTi A9
Polk Audio CSi A6
PSA V3601
fastninja76 is online now  
post #43215 of 53110 Old 06-21-2018, 10:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,129
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 988 Post(s)
Liked: 1110
Hop, looking at your signature man that's a badass system. Seems like about $15k! Must be quite the experience!!
Hopinater likes this.
GeoJustGeo is offline  
post #43216 of 53110 Old 06-21-2018, 11:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
zeus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,191
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1872 Post(s)
Liked: 1950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
I"M SO HAPPY!!!!!!

It's about time Hop! Enjoy.
Hopinater likes this.
zeus33 is online now  
post #43217 of 53110 Old 06-22-2018, 05:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lizrussspike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parkview, IA
Posts: 3,251
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1296 Post(s)
Liked: 1954
@subacabra , has a great list. I just the other day re-watched Fury in 4K, and the Atmos trakc was great, tanks turning right next to you. Then the shots and explosions make the PSA subs come alive.
Hopinater and Jsnow17 like this.
lizrussspike is offline  
post #43218 of 53110 Old 06-22-2018, 05:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 442
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by subacabra View Post
Congrats!
I'd def recommend Gravity(diamond luxe edition w/atmos)
MMFR
Unbroken
Dredd
Annihilation
Kong Skull Island
Matrix
Man of Steel
Serenity
Maze Runner The Death Cure
Transformers(all)
Mission Impossible Rogue Nation
Fury
Life
It
The Cave(not atmos but when upmixed with neural:x sounds phenomenal)
There's plenty more I missed I'm sure others will chime in


Deepwater Horizon

I understand the 4K release of Saving Private Ryan is also an aural treat.
Haiej and Hopinater like this.

Legacy Audio Silhouette Pro L/C/R
DefTech ProCinema 1000 SL/SR
DefTech Supercube III
Denon AVR790
Oppo PM-3
GIK bass traps and absorption
sunPin is offline  
post #43219 of 53110 Old 06-22-2018, 07:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tezster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mississauga, Canada
Posts: 1,716
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
One question... What movies and or scenes have you guys discovered that are great for Atmos demos?
Blade Runner 2049 & Blade Runner
SuperFist, Hopinater and subacabra like this.
tezster is online now  
post #43220 of 53110 Old 06-22-2018, 07:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 6,880
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3594 Post(s)
Liked: 11471
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastninja76 View Post
Hey Hop, what speakers did you use for the Atmos?
After (literally) years of debate and waffling back and forth between on ceiling and in ceiling options I decided to go with in ceiling speakers. This was made easier when I presented the two options to my wife and what they would look like... she said to spend the extra money on labor and install in ceiling speakers. So I went with the RSL C34E speakers.

I really wanted PSA to come out with an Atmos speaker that could match the efficiency of their other speakers and that's partly why I moved so slowly on this, I was kind of waiting. But the RSL speakers sound great so I'm extremely happy with the choice and they work just fine... all Audyssey had to do was set their trim levels higher than the PSA speakers to keep everything balanced.
SuperFist, ahblaza and Pradeep2 like this.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
Hopinater is offline  
post #43221 of 53110 Old 06-22-2018, 07:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
imureh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,806
Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3003 Post(s)
Liked: 3866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
After (literally) years of debate and waffling back and forth between on ceiling and in ceiling options I decided to go with in ceiling speakers. This was made easier when I presented the two options to my wife and what they would look like... she said to spend the extra money on labor and install in ceiling speakers. So I went with the RSL C34E speakers.



I really wanted PSA to come out with an Atmos speaker that could match the efficiency of their other speakers and that's partly why I moved so slowly on this, I was kind of waiting. But the RSL speakers sound great so I'm extremely happy with the choice and they work just fine... all Audyssey had to do was set their trim levels higher than the PSA speakers to keep everything balanced.


Hey Hop, is 7.2.4 worth pursuing compared to 5.2.4? Side surrounds make a difference much? I guess what would happen is that the main surrounds would move to the sides and then I would add surrounds back?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pradeep2 likes this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
imureh is online now  
post #43222 of 53110 Old 06-22-2018, 08:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
subacabra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Hillsborough, New Jersey
Posts: 2,681
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1768 Post(s)
Liked: 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post
Blade Runner 2049 & Blade Runner
Yes!! I'm almost embarrassed I forgot to mention those lol
subacabra is offline  
post #43223 of 53110 Old 06-22-2018, 08:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
fastninja76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Monterey
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
After (literally) years of debate and waffling back and forth between on ceiling and in ceiling options I decided to go with in ceiling speakers. This was made easier when I presented the two options to my wife and what they would look like... she said to spend the extra money on labor and install in ceiling speakers. So I went with the RSL C34E speakers.

I really wanted PSA to come out with an Atmos speaker that could match the efficiency of their other speakers and that's partly why I moved so slowly on this, I was kind of waiting. But the RSL speakers sound great so I'm extremely happy with the choice and they work just fine... all Audyssey had to do was set their trim levels higher than the PSA speakers to keep everything balanced.
Very nice! Good call on going with the all important WAF. Reason I'm asking is because I use to have a couple polk speakers for atmos but took them down when I moved the room around. I havent put them back up because my receiver only supports 2, not 4 like yours. Just isnt really worth it with only 2 IMO.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yamaha RX-A 1060
Emotiva BASX A3
Polk Audio RTi A9
Polk Audio CSi A6
PSA V3601
fastninja76 is online now  
post #43224 of 53110 Old 06-22-2018, 08:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 6,880
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3594 Post(s)
Liked: 11471
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoJustGeo View Post
Hop, looking at your signature man that's a badass system. Seems like about $15k! Must be quite the experience!!
Thanks brother. It's been slowly coming together for a number of years now. To be perfectly honest my system really started to take off when I discovered PSA. There are three reasons for that...

First of all it introduced to me a great company that makes incredible subwoofers. My first XV15 was my portal into quality subwoofers and I loved it! Thus my fall into the subwoofer rabbit hole began and the upgrade train started to roll. And I wouldn't change a thing.

Second was this thread. The great guys on here who I've spent the last five years with (Jeffrey, Basshead, Toe, Mike, Climber, lizrussspike, Sekosche, Subacabra, Brian, JSnow and the list goes on and on so I can't note all of you but you're on the list in my head) really fed the passion I have for audio. Or another way of saying it... this thread keeps your wallet smoking hot.

Finally, Tom and Jim and their great products and customer service really sold me on PSA because they actually care about us... their customers. And when the guys started posting on this thread about the PSA speakers I decided to try them because I knew they would be as good as the guys were saying they were. And sure enough, I fell in love with their sound (I don't know what exactly it is, but there is just something about PSA's sound signature that really satisfies my ear).

So I just kept adding to the system as I could afford to and we are where we are now.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences

Last edited by Hopinater; 06-22-2018 at 08:19 AM.
Hopinater is offline  
post #43225 of 53110 Old 06-22-2018, 08:17 AM
Member
 
Farm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pradeep2 View Post
My first real sub was a 15S (the downfiring brother of the S1500). Welcome to the subwoofer rabbit hole!
Here they are side by side. Old 10" ported and new 15" sealed s1500. Nearly the same size. I can definitely appreciate the difference though. The ported seemed to push the bass more and the sealed resonates it more. Looking forward to my second s1500 (cabinet finish) to help resonate more throughout the room.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-1.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	2419210  
SuperFist, Hopinater and Pradeep2 like this.
Farm is offline  
post #43226 of 53110 Old 06-22-2018, 10:12 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 356
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Thanks brother. It's been slowly coming together for a number of years now. To be perfectly honest my system really started to take off when I discovered PSA. There are three reasons for that...

First of all it introduced to me a great company that makes incredible subwoofers. My first XV15 was my portal into quality subwoofers and I loved it! Thus my fall into the subwoofer rabbit hole began and the upgrade train started to roll. And I wouldn't change a thing.

Second was this thread. The great guys on here who I've spent the last five years with (Jeffrey, Basshead, Toe, Mike, Climber, lizrussspike, Sekosche, Subacabra, Brian, JSnow and the list goes on and on so I can't note all of you but you're on the list in my head) really fed the passion I have for audio. Or another way of saying it... this thread keeps your wallet smoking hot.

Finally, Tom and Jim and their great products and customer service really sold me on PSA because they actually care about us... their customers. And when the guys started posting on this thread about the PSA speakers I decided to try them because I knew they would be as good as the guys were saying they were. And sure enough, I fell in love with their sound (I don't know what exactly it is, but there is just something about PSA's sound signature that really satisfies my ear).

So I just kept adding to the system as I could afford to and we are where we are now.
Definitely a lot of good help and advice on this thread , although I dont get too deep into the technical stuff , I try to contribute to the *****s n Gigs and whatever 2cents I may have...I wish I would have found PSA sooner , it would've saved me about 5 upgrades with a couple other companies..Oh well , its only added to my 2cents of experience...I have noticed that I have become a bass snob now....I was at my cousins HS graduation party sizing up the DJ's equipment , thinking "Pathetic Lows"...
Mike Butny, ahblaza and Haiej like this.
Jsnow17 is offline  
post #43227 of 53110 Old 06-22-2018, 10:42 AM
Senior Member
 
cloudbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 421
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Hello guys, well after watching the z review on the 15 subs I figure they would have been pretty much over kill in my room of about 13x13.

So I ordered one 15 sub but the good folk at FedEx manage to damage the box in transit and they decided to send it back never made it to my house so I guess they really damage the box.


Now I am hovering with the idea of using center channels for my Left and Right they measure 20.5'' wide and the 15'' is 17'' wide
So I thought well maybe I could get the 18sub as is 20'' wide and would be more symmetrical.

Any one using centers as their left and right on top of the subs?
I guess I could use yoga blocks to add some height to bring the tweeter higher.
https://www.amazon.com/LEVOIT-Premiu...rds=yoga+block

what you guys think 3 front stage with center channels and dual 18'' subs.

is of course for the media / home theater / gaming room
final setup 5.2.4
cloudbuster is offline  
post #43228 of 53110 Old 06-22-2018, 10:49 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 356
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbuster View Post
Hello guys, well after watching the z review on the 15 subs I figure they would have been pretty much over kill in my room of about 13x13.

So I ordered one 15 sub but the good folk at FedEx manage to damage the box in transit and they decided to send it back never made it to my house so I guess they really damage the box.


Now I am hovering with the idea of using center channels for my Left and Right they measure 20.5'' wide and the 15'' is 17'' wide
So I thought well maybe I could get the 18sub as is 20'' wide and would be more symmetrical.

Any one using centers as their left and right on top of the subs?
I guess I could use yoga blocks to add some height to bring the tweeter higher.
https://www.amazon.com/LEVOIT-Premiu...rds=yoga+block

what you guys think 3 front stage with center channels and dual 18'' subs.

is of course for the media / home theater / gaming room
final setup 5.2.4
Whatever works....Some people even use 3 towers for Left Right and Center.....
Jsnow17 is offline  
post #43229 of 53110 Old 06-22-2018, 10:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 490
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbuster View Post
Hello guys, well after watching the z review on the 15 subs I figure they would have been pretty much over kill in my room of about 13x13.

So I ordered one 15 sub but the good folk at FedEx manage to damage the box in transit and they decided to send it back never made it to my house so I guess they really damage the box.


Now I am hovering with the idea of using center channels for my Left and Right they measure 20.5'' wide and the 15'' is 17'' wide
So I thought well maybe I could get the 18sub as is 20'' wide and would be more symmetrical.

Any one using centers as their left and right on top of the subs?
I guess I could use yoga blocks to add some height to bring the tweeter higher.
https://www.amazon.com/LEVOIT-Premiu...rds=yoga+block

what you guys think 3 front stage with center channels and dual 18'' subs.

is of course for the media / home theater / gaming room
final setup 5.2.4
Center channels are an inherently flawed designs. They exist bc of real world aesthetics and limitations of placement. ie. under a tv. 3 identical L C Rs are best. If you can swing that. do that.

however, home theater is all about what is possible for each persons situation and the trade offs they have to make for form vs function.
Haiej, sunPin and Jsnow17 like this.

Marantz SR7010 - Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 3 - SeymourAV 16:9 Premier 130" XD - JVC DLA-RS540 - 7.2.4 - L/C/R DIY Fusion 15 Sentinel - Surrounds RSL CG3 - Ceiling Polk RC80i - Dual UM-18s in sealed 4 cu ft with bridged Crown XLS 2002s
klimo is offline  
post #43230 of 53110 Old 06-22-2018, 12:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 442
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsnow17 View Post
Whatever works....Some people even use 3 towers for Left Right and Center.....


I use the same on-wall for L/C/R. This is actually ideal since pans are seamless.
Pradeep2 and Jsnow17 like this.

Legacy Audio Silhouette Pro L/C/R
DefTech ProCinema 1000 SL/SR
DefTech Supercube III
Denon AVR790
Oppo PM-3
GIK bass traps and absorption
sunPin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
chuffitychuffchuff , chuffmaster , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , hr chuff'n'stuff , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , s7201 , tv36 , v1500 , V1800 , v1801 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off