Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 1576 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 56765Likes

post #47251 of 49383 Old 03-14-2019, 03:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2589 Post(s)
Liked: 3021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Good point fattty and I can answer this with little hesitation. Regardless of what we are referencing around here (whether it be higher tuned subs vs. lower tuned subs or sealed subs vs. ported subs) what we post here will never be a sure thing... they only relate personally to the one posting it, not the masses. Why? Because every room is different and every set up is different and as Mike pointed out... we are all different.

Your point is important because people need to remember that whenever they read any of our impressions, thoughts or opinions. What any of us say should not be taken as a universal truth or natural law. So for instance when I post: "A low port tune sub seems to have a more weighty sound characteristic even in bass scenes above 25Hz." What I'm really saying is... "I personally found in my particular room with things set up to my personal preferences it appears a sub with a lower port tune delivers bass with more weight and impact even when the scene had bass above 25Hz." I'm not making ANY guarantee that someone else in their own room will experience anything remotely close to what I experienced.

The same thing applies when one of us says that a sealed sub is better for this size room or a ported sub is better for that size room. Or a sealed sub is better for music and a ported sub is better for movies. What they are really saying is... "In my limited experience in my size room with my set up and listening preferences I like X type of sub for this application."

Basshead and you are right for questioning the talk about low tuned ported subs but I can't prove anything scientifically all I can do is report my experiences. But I do know one thing:

The port tune on a sub is important and it should result in some kind of discernible difference in the bass it produces if you change the port tune by several Hz... otherwise why not make all subs the same?

I totally agree Hop. I must add also that when the same thing is reported by several others in different rooms and preferences then we have to put some weight to what is being said. It’s not just one person’s experience it’s several people saying the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
toddct, Todd G. and Hopinater like this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev 2 with Paper cone
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - PSA MT 110sr Surrounds - 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra & Premium, Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47252 of 49383 Old 03-14-2019, 04:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked: 2549
Well, in my limited experience, in my room, and with my listening preference the S7201 is much better than the Bose lifestyle system I used to have. 🙂

Sorry, couldn't resist. LOL

Power Sound Audio S7201 Quad 18" 4000W Sealed Subwoofer - Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Epson 5030UB Projector - Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - - XBox One S - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
post #47253 of 49383 Old 03-14-2019, 04:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1744 Post(s)
Liked: 3141
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
Well, in my limited experience, in my room, and with my listening preference the S7201 is much better than the Bose lifestyle system I used to have. 🙂

Do you have any measurements to back that up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47254 of 49383 Old 03-14-2019, 04:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drh3b View Post
Quote:

[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/IMG]
Do you have any measurements to back that up?
Touche!

Power Sound Audio S7201 Quad 18" 4000W Sealed Subwoofer - Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Epson 5030UB Projector - Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - - XBox One S - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
post #47255 of 49383 Old 03-14-2019, 04:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3230 Post(s)
Liked: 9506
Quote:

LOL... I find that hard to believe. I once had a Bose Acoustimass and that sub beats any ported or sealed sub on the market regardless of the room or personal preference. I think it went all the way down to 70z... with the help of room gain.
Alan P, Todd G., iceatola and 1 others like this.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
post #47256 of 49383 Old 03-14-2019, 06:03 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked: 4752
Quote:
Well, in my limited experience, in my room, and with my listening preference the S7201 is much better than the Bose lifestyle system I used to have.

@climber07 how difficult would it be to get a Rythmik FV18 and a JTR Cap2400ULF up your stairs. You have the headroom to mimic the amplitude response of either. Asking for a friend.
post #47257 of 49383 Old 03-14-2019, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiggs View Post
I am looking at the v1510DF, Outlaw Ultra 13 and HSU VTF 3 MK5..... possibly V1811 but size of room is 24x16x8. Not really open but to a small dining area. No WAF needed.....

My goals:
Play loud for fun sometimes
Mainly great sound at midto high mid volume
60%movie rest music

Any recommendations?
Phiggs, I have a Hsu VTF-3 Mk5 in my main floor living room (near field because it's the only place it really works) and it's great...but I wanted to make sure I had enough LFE in the basement to overcome the concrete slab. My basement room is 12'-10" wide and 24'-2" long. Ceiling is 7'-9" the front ten feet of the room and jumps to 8'-9" for the rest. I've got dual V1811s in a space nearly 500 ft^3 smaller than yours and they work well for my preferences, goals, and in my particular room. Room usage is 90% movies and 10% music. And my room is open (a ten foot arched opening one side) to another 3500 ft^3.

Blade Runner 2049, Ready Player One, Kong: Skull Island, and a slew of other movies we've watched in our room are just unbelievable when the V1811s go to work. Even though a pair of 15" subs "may have worked" in our basement space, I don't regret one bit going with the 18" subs. Now, I have considered swapping the V1811s for a pair of S3611s, but I first need to fully realize the potential of the V1811s by using REW software along with the UMIK-1 I just bought.

Best of luck with your decision!

Last edited by Todd G.; 03-14-2019 at 06:26 PM.
post #47258 of 49383 Old 03-14-2019, 08:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 2447 Post(s)
Liked: 3376
Guys, I now realize the importance and quality control decision Tom and Jim made bringing amp manufacturing and assembly in house, it was difficult at first to comprehend the significance of this move and the many months (years) they devoted to this project. It's all very clear now and what a substantial investment to make this happen especially when Tom said there was only a slight improvement performance wise. I beg to differ here, the new amps are in my opinion more efficient, much more quiet when idle and power on and off is barely audible, throw in the fact they work when your new sub gets to your home.....

I thought I would throw this out there and change the topic a bit cause to be honest I'm tired of reading the same stuff over and over again. I never imagined there were so many sub designers out here in the wild or should I say think they are....not to single anybody out @chucky7 ........but this bold statement you made just kind of stuck in my throat especially the part with "absolute certainty"...................

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat4
I believe that to be true but imo Jeff should be burning these subs in for a few hours at minimum.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that no subwoofer manufacturer would burning in their subs for a few hours.

I believe there is a short sequence of bass tones that they run. Each run should be no more than 10 minutes.

Even if this was the case as you said you "BELIEVE"..............shouldn't this be enough to know that the amp is defective prior to shipping out the product...........Maybe @Tom Vodhanel could chime in with his amp testing methodology and clear this up for us as he happens to be a sub manufacturer........Thanks for listening.....
iceatola, flat4 and drh3b like this.
post #47259 of 49383 Old 03-14-2019, 08:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
@climber07 how difficult would it be to get a Rythmik FV18 and a JTR Cap2400ULF up your stairs. You have the headroom to mimic the amplitude response of either. Asking for a friend.
He's not called climber for nothing my friend..........
post #47260 of 49383 Old 03-14-2019, 08:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Quote:
Well, in my limited experience, in my room, and with my listening preference the S7201 is much better than the Bose lifestyle system I used to have.

Unfortunately, after I was successful at getting 355 lbs up the stairs, a few months later, while wearing socks, I slipped on the fifth from the bottom step and crushed two of my vertebra. It still hurts 15 months later. Funny how I got that monster up the stairs with no issues but broke my back walking down the stairs to make coffee before church.

post #47261 of 49383 Old 03-14-2019, 09:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1053 Post(s)
Liked: 1305
Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread

Glad to see positive responses to my post, you guys are awesome!

@Hopinater - this conversation does expose the different backgrounds people have, and it’s very interesting. Your post about the implied qualifiers is spot on too, I’m sure. I draw a fair amount of Sheldon Cooper comparisons with my family and friends for my inability to perceive context, as well as things like sarcasm. So I’m glad to see you guys bear with me on that lol.

@Marc Alexander - math nerds unite!! Haha. (B.S. Mechanical Engineering and M.S. Systems Engineering) For real though, I didn’t realize that was your goal, it changes the way I’ll read this stuff moving forward. I realize Ray’s (awesome) thread crossed into this one, so I’ll read your stuff and post any thoughts I have over there where they belong.

@Ricci - glad you saw some value in the post. I didn’t realize you were lurking around here or I would have mentioned you in the same thought. Your insights always intrigue me for a similar reason as Tom’s - not too many people that have created, measured, and analyzed as much subwoofer data as you. Just know it’s not falling on deaf ears all the time.

Last edited by FattyMcButterPants; 03-14-2019 at 09:22 PM.
post #47262 of 49383 Old 03-15-2019, 12:05 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
Guys, I now realize the importance and quality control decision Tom and Jim made bringing amp manufacturing and assembly in house, it was difficult at first to comprehend the significance of this move and the many months (years) they devoted to this project. It's all very clear now and what a substantial investment to make this happen especially when Tom said there was only a slight improvement performance wise. I beg to differ here, the new amps are in my opinion more efficient, much more quiet when idle and power on and off is barely audible, throw in the fact they work when your new sub gets to your home.....

I thought I would throw this out there and change the topic a bit cause to be honest I'm tired of reading the same stuff over and over again. I never imagined there were so many sub designers out here in the wild or should I say think they are....not to single anybody out @chucky7 ........but this bold statement you made just kind of stuck in my throat especially the part with "absolute certainty"...................

Quote:
I believe that to be true but imo Jeff should be burning these subs in for a few hours at minimum.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that no subwoofer manufacturer would burning in their subs for a few hours.

I believe there is a short sequence of bass tones that they run. Each run should be no more than 10 minutes.

Even if this was the case as you said you "BELIEVE"..............shouldn't this be enough to know that the amp is defective prior to shipping out the product...........Maybe @Tom Vodhanel could chime in with his amp testing methodology and clear this up for us as he happens to be a sub manufacturer........Thanks for listening.....
Yes hopefully Tom will be in to explain his procedure for amp testing. I look forward to his answer.
post #47263 of 49383 Old 03-15-2019, 03:04 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked: 4752
Quote:
Unfortunately, after I was successful at getting 355 lbs up the stairs, a few months later, while wearing socks, I slipped on the fifth from the bottom step and crushed two of my vertebra. It still hurts 15 months later. Funny how I got that monster up the stairs with no issues but broke my back walking down the stairs to make coffee before church.
Damn! Surgery necessary?
post #47264 of 49383 Old 03-15-2019, 04:43 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Phiggs,

You walk among Bass gods here. The big dogs of the low end. We are hear talking about not music, or movie content, but the lowest end of the audio spectrum. Insatiable disease is this bass.

On a PSA thread you will get advocates for not just he brand but also for what they bought. It confirms our purchases. Some will even elevate themselves to be even a more elite bass connesour than others. We see this order in car threads too. More horsepower versions of the same cars and the incredulity that any less horsepower from a 4 cyl turbo compared to their 6ycl or 8 would be unacceptable. Go to discussion BMW site, a 5 series comes with those choices and then there are the amazing “M” guys that look down upon them all!!!

You have entered such a place. Its a good place and all good fun. We are all happy. Until of course you start to doubt yourself because others are suggesting much larger set ups and you want to be in on that!

Me, I am super happy with my recent purchase of dual S1510 set up over my previous duel MK 12’ inch subs. For sure I understand that when reasonably set up the subs become more transparent with the sound track and don’t dominate like the old subs do. Its like cars. My Twin turbo 535i Bmw is faster than my wife’s little mercedes SLK convertible but the little car is noisy, sits lower to the ground, you sit right on top of the rear wheels, but yet it feels faster. It sounds faster working harder. My BMW is quiet and need not work so hard because of its power. If I got the V8turbo It would be even more so. . And then there would be an M5 that would make my car a sloth in comparison. Bigger woofers do this. The SLK is more fun to drive. The BMW is sneaky fast. My PSA woofers are sneaky good! Every once in a while the content just blasts out something cool. More often it just makes everything sound better. More detailing.

MY point? Set your budget, then your goals, then look at your choices.
Also while music might be the minority for some of us, I think we forget that music in a movies soundrack is far more prevelant than explosions. Tense strings and the low end create tension. Was watching “Hardcore Henry” the other night and the fight scenes (90% of the movie) were fun but after a while we get numb to it. The sound track music on the 10 min was a welcome break and it really put the scene together. Recently twice I was watching the new Pacific Rim movies and twice turned it off out of boredom. The special effects are fun but after a while its redundant. My system is fun and now that I have woofers caddy cornered with one near field to my chair, the bass seems to shake the floor but not with the buzz and violence my MK’s did. Its not as visceral but it’s smooth. Almost like the floor become "Liquid". Less fatigue too.

I’m not suggesting you replicate what I have but the knowledge gained from the collective group here gives you choices. I have two Outlaw ported subs in my basement and they are great fun. Problem with my basement and the cement floors is to get the room compressed means the whole damn house is moving on top. In a 20x16 room the gain on the subs are only 1/4 turned up (Volume). One was more than enough. Two is nuts. Nuts is fun!
For duty in my living room the new PSA’s needed to have a premium finish and thus had to have the 15’s which come with finish choices. I have two. They are more than enough FOR ME. One day I’ll find another on the outlet and put it hidden behind the couch. That will be three. It will be even more than enough. I will likely want another but there won’t be room. I will then stop visiting here and be content. I will not mix. They will be all the same. I will always want to upgrade, but I don't always do what I want. There is other equipment that will need replacement in time.

My goals was not to have a wall of fine black shiney equipment (not a diss guys, I would love to have a wall of McIntosh glowing pretty with fantastic accompaniments to them in another room!) objects.... but blend in to a room with the least amount of intrusion. My speakers have pretty matching stands made of pretty natural cherry matching pretty wood console. This is my living room.
I now have 8 subs in my home. Three sets of duals. My old MK’s now reside in my kitchen/holding room stacked and isolated from the floor and each other. With a nice pair of laid back satellites they blend in wonderful to relate a very musical experience. The outlaw LFM-Ex that was there, a big heavy ported 12’ was far more “Rocking” but lacked the detail of these subs. The outlaw now is paired with another in the basement doing bombastic duty. We play pool down there and and its a workout space. My S1510’s elevate my MK 850’s into another realm making even normal listening far more pleasant. I don’t have to turn up the volume to get satisfaction. I created a system to my preferences. Find yours. If its retina detaching/organ liquifying ported bass or refined sealed detailed you have choices. No right or wrong here, just good “Low” down fun!
zeuspaul, shivaji, ahblaza and 4 others like this.

Last edited by Nalod; 03-15-2019 at 08:13 AM.
post #47265 of 49383 Old 03-15-2019, 11:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Quoted: 2846 Post(s)
Liked: 9156
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
I’ve been wondering myself how these correlations are being made. I get that everyone values what they hear in room, but we are talking about applying those impressions to the population of all subwoofers.

Warning: math nerd inbound.

Statistically speaking, do we really have enough data to make definitive claims one way or another? Experts generally agree that with a single variable problem, 10-20 measurements are required to make any sort of realistic conclusion. How many variables are applicable in this situation? Do we even know? My guess is we would need hundreds of data points with many more controlled factors than we have now to approach a consensus.

Side note: I think this type of stuff is often why Tom posts the way he does. He is probably the only one here that has done enough measurements to claim any sort of statistical significance on his viewpoint.

Anyways, food for thought I guess. I haven’t thought about this nearly as much as you guys, so feel free to prove me wrong.

Edit: I re-read the above and realized it could be perceived as negative/trolling. That was not my intent at all, my bad.

I deeply enjoy the conversation, and the early results do look promising. I just wonder if it’s really as sure a thing as some are advertising.

This is S.P.O.T. O.N.

There's so many posts that have nothing to back them up except MINOR correlation ,if that. It's the old "I saw a brown bear so now I know ALL bears are brown" syndrome. Guys making daily 5000 word essay posts but they don't know what a FR graph is. Or you'll have others insisting, I mean INSISTING that a cea-2010 chart showing both 2m rms and 1m/peak must be suspect because the 1m peak looks "too high" and the 2m rms looks a "little low". They are the SAME THING just scaled differently.

IMO one common denominator among the majority of this misinformation is having a conclusion and then looking for ANY justification for it. I know this brand or that brand is best...so ANYTHING I might be able to use to validate that...is gospel. ANYTHING that doesn't support me, heresay!!!

Guys, it needs to be the other way around.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep,

Last edited by Tom Vodhanel; 03-15-2019 at 11:43 AM.
post #47266 of 49383 Old 03-15-2019, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
Just in case you don't know, the FV18 is larger than the Cap 2400.
the cap2400ulf? The 2400ulf is bigger.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

post #47267 of 49383 Old 03-15-2019, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Thank you for posting this.

I don't have enough time to keep up around here and make posts like I used to, but I do try to drop in and catch up on here when I can.
There are conclusions being reached and new information, or opinions being posted around these parts and apparently some of it is being taken up as fact by some members. A lot of it does not seem to be backed up by hard data, or at least I haven't seen it. Logically some of it doesn't pass the smell test for me. I lack the time / energy to spend on generating the data myself or posting and trying to debate it, but I'm glad to see someone is questioning...
As usual, Josh is tango to my cash again...

(r rated language )

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY5UmBY35yY&t=119s

Also, for those not keeping up those guys have been revamping data-base. There's all sorts of time intensive updates.

https://prod.data-bass.com/#/?_k=rpov6j

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
iceatola likes this.

post #47268 of 49383 Old 03-15-2019, 11:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 2589 Post(s)
Liked: 3021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
the cap2400ulf? The 2400ulf is bigger.

Tom V.

Power Sound Audio

Tom, he is referring to the 2400 which used to the 1400. It’s the same cab size as the 118 and the old 1400. The ULF offering of the 2400 is indeed bigger.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev 2 with Paper cone
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - PSA MT 110sr Surrounds - 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra & Premium, Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #47269 of 49383 Old 03-15-2019, 12:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I know this is meant in jest..

HOWEVER, the big problem is folks are NOT posting like this. Saying the above is silly BUT you are clearly prefacing it all with "in my LIMITED experience". There's a HUGE difference between...

1)This sub sounds better and has more TR and is more accurate and has less group delay so it will be best for you.

AND

2)When I'm trying to look at all of these graphs one sub appears to have better metrics in some regards. That leads me to think it will sound more accurate? Can you guys look over these two charts and let me know if you're seeing what I'm seeing?

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
ahblaza likes this.

post #47270 of 49383 Old 03-15-2019, 12:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

I have no idea what the context of the above is...

My current SOP for any amplifier we don't build in house is to run it for a minimum of 2 days. I'm not going to get into *every* specific test I perform but I check every input, every control, we verify the DSP side of things, output, and I connect it to no less than 2(two) completely independent systems to check the noise floor(even through that's been verified on the test bench as well).

Vince Lombardi ~ Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

Obviously nothing will ensure a 00% failure rate but sometimes accepting excellence is okay..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

post #47271 of 49383 Old 03-15-2019, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
I have no idea what the context of the above is...

My current SOP for any amplifier we don't build in house is to run it for a minimum of 2 days. I'm not going to get into *every* specific test I perform but I check every input, every control, we verify the DSP side of things, output, and I connect it to no less than 2(two) completely independent systems to check the noise floor(even through that's been verified on the test bench as well).

Vince Lombardi ~ Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

Obviously nothing will ensure a 00% failure rate but sometimes accepting excellence is okay..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Sorry Tom, I should have been more specific with my post..........just reinforcing "I saw a brown bear so all bears must be brown" analogy.
@flat4 commented on a post about amp failures and in his opinion JTR should be burning in these amps (subs) in for a few hours before shipping them.

@chucky7 responded with this:

ME: My point is most people reading the above statement will take that as being true because they don't know or his word is "Gospel"

I know what I know from my past experience dealing with PSA and you and Jim personally so thank you for responding.....

ME:

Last edited by ahblaza; 03-15-2019 at 02:50 PM.
post #47272 of 49383 Old 03-15-2019, 02:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 287 Post(s)
Quoted: 3368 Post(s)
Liked: 4043
Quote:
Sorry Tom, I should have been more specific with my post..........just reinforcing "I saw a brown bear so all bears must be brown" analogy.
@flat4 commented on a post about amp failures and in his opinion JTR should be burning in these amps (subs) in for a few hours before shipping them.

@chucky7 responded with this:

My point is most people reading the above statement will take that as being true because they don't know or his word is "Gospel"

I know what I know from my past experience dealing with PSA and you and Jim personally so thank you for responding.....

ME:
Let's go back to the original post:

flat4 asked about burning in the subs, and I replied regarding the subs, which is after final product assembly and just before they go on the shipping floor. I believe David Charles made a video of him picking up his V3601 at PSA, in which test tones were played and he said, "Yeah, that's my sub". That's what I was referring to. That was certainly not hours or days...

You asked and Tom replied on how he QCs the amps after receiving them from SpeakerPower. What's done at this stage would have ensured that the defective amps never enter the assembly line.

The subs are finished products and the amps are parts.

Frankly, I don't see the point of all these back and forth.

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Neosis 212HT. Surrounds: Jamo C103, KEF Q100, Polk Audio RTiA3.
Subwoofer: JTR Captivator 4000ULF.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Samsung UN75NU8000FXZA.

FS: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3

Last edited by chucky7; 03-15-2019 at 02:44 PM.
post #47273 of 49383 Old 03-15-2019, 02:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked: 1844
Nor the concept that everybody needs to prove their point and be right. I think we all need to take a break from the forms for a couple days and go listen to our music and movies. May I suggest classical relaxation on Pandora :-)

chucky7, Alan P, Todd G. and 1 others like this.
post #47274 of 49383 Old 03-15-2019, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Not exactly PSA specific but I found HexiBase channel in Youtube with very informative videos:
  • The Sealed vs Ported debate
  • The BEST Port video EVER
(I would have posted links but my postcount is not yet 5...)

Denon AVR-X3300W
Emotiva XPA2 Gen3
LG OLED65C8PUA
Carver AL-III
PSA S3611 + S1800 (+V1801)
post #47275 of 49383 Old 03-15-2019, 02:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 287 Post(s)
Quoted: 3368 Post(s)
Liked: 4043
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Charles View Post
go listen to our music and movies. May I suggest classical relaxation on Pandora :-)
C'mon... I know classical relaxation just won't cut it for you.

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Neosis 212HT. Surrounds: Jamo C103, KEF Q100, Polk Audio RTiA3.
Subwoofer: JTR Captivator 4000ULF.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Samsung UN75NU8000FXZA.

FS: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3
post #47276 of 49383 Old 03-15-2019, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Today I ordered my first PSA sub. This sub will be added to my existing system which has a JL Audio 13. I ordered the S1811 on the advice of Tom. If all goes well who knows may have to order an additional S1811 as we all know you can never have enough bass!!!
post #47277 of 49383 Old 03-15-2019, 04:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1247 Post(s)
Liked: 4740
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean122601 View Post
Today I ordered my first PSA sub. This sub will be added to my existing system which has a JL Audio 13. I ordered the S1811 on the advice of Tom. If all goes well who knows may have to order an additional S1811 as we all know you can never have enough bass!!!

Subwoofers: PSA S3000i x 2 | L+R Front: Onkyo SKF-200F | Center: Onkyo SKC-200C | L+R Surround: Onkyo SKM-200S | Atmos: Pioneer SP-T22A-LR | AVR: Yamaha RX-A660BL | HTPC: Lenovo Q190
post #47278 of 49383 Old 03-15-2019, 05:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked: 4561
Watching Overlord at -15 and the s3601's are absolutely killing it over here!
All the amps are working too it's great! Lol
post #47279 of 49383 Old 03-15-2019, 05:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked: 1844
Quote:
Originally Posted by subacabra View Post
Watching Overlord at -15 and the s3601's are absolutely killing it over here!
All the amps are working too it's great! Lol

And supposing you had a problem, it’d be fixed in 2 days

post #47280 of 49383 Old 03-15-2019, 06:01 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 580
I watched at -6 MV with BEQ. The opening was great. Watching Triple Frontier BEQ now and it’s awesome

SuperFist, Hopinater and subacabra like this.

Marantz 7011- Panasonic UB-820- Xbox One X - Epson HC 5050UB - Elite Screen's 2:35:1 AT 115' - PSA MTM 110's L/C/R - Mixed Surrounds - SVS Elevations Atmos X2 - PSA S3601 and S3611 ( Dual PSA VT36 Neo's pre ordered) *MiniDSP HD* Took the Red Pill BEQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
chuffitychuffchuff , chuffmaster , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , hr chuff'n'stuff , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , psa , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , s3000i , s7201 , tv36 , v1500 , V1800 , v1801 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page