Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 1588 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 65462Likes

post #47611 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2928 Post(s)
Liked: 3737
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly.mcaloney View Post
Thanks, I have two v1811 and a v1800 and was just wondering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look into it. You will note a difference but you will need to invest in a minidsp to be able to enter filters. Many helpful folks in that thread so you can ask questions there but the first few posts are self explanatory

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47612 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 08:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
Look into it. You will note a difference but you will need to invest in a minidsp to be able to enter filters. Many helpful folks in that thread so you can ask questions there but the first few posts are self explanatory

Do you think it would be "worth it "

post #47613 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 08:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly.mcaloney View Post
Do you think it would be "worth it "

I certainly thought so but I did not get into BEQ when I had my V1801s. I discovered it after. Now I watch every movies with BEQ.

Alan P likes this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47614 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 10:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallingMrBenzo View Post
Aquaman with BEQ was excellent on my twins and makes me think at times how could I want more. I watched at -3MV

But my plan was always to add more power and have as much headroom as possible especially since getting into BEQ
My real thought towards ported may be from listening to less music, especially loud music. Loud concerts are still there for us, but not as much loud music at home. Just part of getting a little older and managing tinnitus.

Looking at your sig, my upgrade path (if I was going to upgrade) would likely be towards S3611's and maybe V1811's geared towards movies. I likely would lean towards the S3611 path though after experiencing sub 20h over the past 5 plus years. The new ported subs are out of my spending area and also too large for my common use room.

My subs are the original square cornered cabinets so I got them before any price increases over the past few years. Also, I got a great trade from my outlet purchased XS30 (non se) when I purchased the dual 3000's.

BEQ might be fun to play with. As @basshead81 has pointed out as well as many other fellow owners, the s3000i is really a great performance value for its size and price point. This may be a way to open up more of these "little" gem's capabilities.
ahblaza, Aus1095 and basshead81 like this.

Last edited by gbreda; 03-31-2019 at 10:38 AM.
post #47615 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 643 Post(s)
Liked: 1411
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
My real thought towards ported may be from listening to less music, especially loud music. Loud concerts are still there for us, but not as much loud music at home. Just part of getting a little older and managing tinnitus.

Looking at your sig, my upgrade path (if I was going to upgrade) would likely be towards S3611's and maybe V1811's geared towards movies. I likely would lean towards the S3611 path though after experiencing sub 20h over the past 5 plus years. The new ported subs are out of my spending area and also too large for my common use room.

My subs are the original square cornered cabinets so I got them before any price increases over the past few years. Also, I got a great trade from my outlet purchased XS30 (non se) when I purchased the dual 3000's.

BEQ might be fun to play with. As @basshead81 has pointed out as well as many other fellow owners, the s3000i is really a great performance value for its size and price point. This may be a way to open up more of these "little" gem's capabilities.

Don’t get me wrong I love these subwoofers. I use them 99% for movies. I’m reference capable to 15hz and had 108 dB to 9 hz in my room. I’m just sick or mentally ill after being on these forums and want to reference capable to 10hz. I could do that by adding more sealed subwoofers but think it may be cheaper in my situation to switch to dual low port tuned subwoofers. These subs are defiantly the better sized option.

gbreda likes this.

Marantz 7011- Panasonic UB-820- Xbox One X - Epson HC 5050UB *Calibrated by ChadB* - Elite Screen's 2:35:1 AT 115' - PSA MTM 110's L/C/R - Mixed Surrounds - SVS Elevations Atmos X2 - Dual PSA TV36 B&C Neo's *MiniDSP HD* Took the Red Pill BEQ
post #47616 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 10:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If you were going to go ported I would wait for the new offerings. There is no point going from a s3000i to a V1811. The s3000i is the hidden jewel in the PSA offering. At least as of now.

Didnt see this before posting above. Very true on the capabilities of the S3000i.

Last night really reminded me of how much the source material comes into play here. BEQ may very well be calling me. At minimum, it would be an injustice to not try it out prior to any upgrade.

Regarding the V1811. That may have been a good option for me 5 years ago, but I think you are right about them not bettering the S3000i. Tom has mentioned that to me in the past as well.

There is just this "itch" I get now and then to experience a quality ported sub. The only ported sub I have had here is a Boston Acoustics PV600 prior to finding AVS.
Alan P, ahblaza and CallingMrBenzo like this.
post #47617 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Didnt see this before posting above. Very true on the capabilities of the S3000i.

Last night really reminded me of how much the source material comes into play here. BEQ may very well be calling me. At minimum, it would be an injustice to not try it out prior to any upgrade.

Regarding the V1811. That may have been a good option for me 5 years ago, but I think you are right about them not bettering the S3000i. Tom has mentioned that to me in the past as well.

There is just this "itch" I get now and then to experience a quality ported sub. The only ported sub I have had here is a Boston Acoustics PV600 prior to finding AVS.

I am with you on that. I had the Seaton submersive HP before I had the V1801s. Now for my room sealed would be the way to go and yes the FR showed me getting useful extension down to 5hz. However for me the ported has a violence to the bass and hit harder and since I am 100 % movies the ported had the edge. I now have two large ported subs and I love how they sound. I am just a pirates guy. If you were wanting experience one then wait for the New PSA subs and try them out in your room. No better way to know than listening to a sub in your room. FR and specs don’t tell the whole story or guarantee you will like how things will sound.

ahblaza, gbreda and Hopinater like this.

post #47618 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 10:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Absolutely take the plunge on BEQ

Marantz 7011- Panasonic UB-820- Xbox One X - Epson HC 5050UB *Calibrated by ChadB* - Elite Screen's 2:35:1 AT 115' - PSA MTM 110's L/C/R - Mixed Surrounds - SVS Elevations Atmos X2 - Dual PSA TV36 B&C Neo's *MiniDSP HD* Took the Red Pill BEQ
post #47619 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 11:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So, BEQ needs a minidsp. After spending a lot of time dialing in these subs with REW, the subs controls and Anthem ARC, would I be starting over again by adding the minidsp into the chain? I would think so.

BTW, I do have a Anti Mode 2.0 Dual Core that I removed and no longer use and would sell if anyone is interested.
post #47620 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 2134 Post(s)
Liked: 2319
Quote:

It is worth it - especially for movies that are completely neutered like First Man, Atomic blond, hobbit movies. I don’t bother on other movies like Aquaman, ready player one etc.
SuperFist likes this.
post #47621 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 11:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
So, BEQ needs a minidsp. After spending a lot of time dialing in these subs with REW, the subs controls and Anthem ARC, would I be starting over again by adding the minidsp into the chain? I would think so.

BTW, I do have a Anti Mode 2.0 Dual Core that I removed and no longer use and would sell if anyone is interested.
Not really, just adds a bit of delay to the subs which you can fix by changing the sub distance. Go over the the BEQ thread take some time to read it from the beginning. I read a bit of it every day and finally have caught up as its a long thread. It is definitely worth your time and it will answer any question you may have. That thread and the PSA thread I read from start to finish, prior to ordering my sub woofers
gbreda likes this.

post #47622 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
PSA ships to Canada pretty frequently and at pretty good rates. Give @Tom Vodhanel a holler.
I may try to get ahold of him. Having to ship back IF one doesn't like it is a big pain that a distributor in Canada would make much easier.
post #47623 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 1488 Post(s)
Liked: 2145
Quote:
Don’t get me wrong I love these subwoofers. I use them 99% for movies. I’m reference capable to 15hz and had 108 dB to 9 hz in my room. I’m just sick or mentally ill after being on these forums and want to reference capable to 10hz. I could do that by adding more sealed subwoofers but think it may be cheaper in my situation to switch to dual low port tuned subwoofers. These subs are defiantly the better sized option.

Click the link in my signature, all the 10 hz and lower you can handle for a couple hundred bucks. No joke, read the thread . If you want the low hanging fruit read the last 7 pages but the whole thread is informative build wise.
Alan P, SuperFist and Hopinater like this.

8hz ULF TR for the masses and the Cashless. Like a BOSS

If you can't stand behind our troops stand in front of them
post #47624 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Killa View Post
Click the link in my signature, all the 10 hz and lower you can handle for a couple hundred bucks. No joke, read the thread . If you want the low hanging fruit read the last 7 pages but the whole thread is informative build wise.
I'm familiar with the system. Looks good, I was exploring crowsons and thought this looks great and is cheap. My wife said she does not want her seat to move with one of those. From what I read the boss needs all seating on the platform. Crowsons are quite expensive, I think my trade in and upgrade to these new subs for the cheaper version would be around $1k.

@Gorilla Killa Do you have pictures of your set up? Or is everything on the other thread.

Last edited by CallingMrBenzo; 03-31-2019 at 12:42 PM.
post #47625 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just build one for your seat. Youll be in for $30 when it goes on sale. Currently I only have one seat going, Im tired of sharing so the rest is getting done. If your seating is all connected then I see your problem, but Crowsons will move the other seats to some degree as well if connected. I would get the new sub and the riser, thats just me though. PA subs can pound it out, love mine
CallingMrBenzo and Hopinater like this.

post #47626 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 01:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Killa View Post
Just build one for your seat. Youll be in for $30 when it goes on sale. Currently I only have one seat going, Im tired of sharing so the rest is getting done. If your seating is all connected then I see your problem, but Crowsons will move the other seats to some degree as well if connected. I would get the new sub and the riser, thats just me though. PA subs can pound it out, love mine

I have HTmarket seats the right side seat is the only stand alone seat. The other two must be pushed together as they share the armrest.

I guess I’ll start working on the wife

post #47627 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 01:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Quoted: 3049 Post(s)
Liked: 10434
Hi all,

I know I have to circle back with a few updates on the new stuff but my top priority is fulfilling all back orders and getting back to a "same day/next day" status on new orders asap.

We had a good week last week and by end of day Monday we should be caught up with any orders placed up to/including March-22.

Then I'd estimate any/all orders placed up to/including yesterday(3-30)will ship on Thursday +/- one business day.

So we're making progress. I'm focused on getting us back to "in stock" status on all products BEFORE we get hit with a mass shipment of the new design cabinets. Because once those get here it will be a full week doing nothing but prepping/finishing those in the spray booth. Maybe even TWO weeks judging by early interest..

The above excludes wood veneer orders and a couple orders that were changed/upgraded recently. I still plan to get those out by the end of this week though.

Also, given the bottle-neck is still the spray booth I'm willing to discount any new wood veneer orders a bit as those are received finished and ready to assemble. We have a few Black Ash S1510 and S3010 cabinets in stock as a matter of fact..

Anyway, more news to follow this week, stay tuned.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep,
post #47628 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 01:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have HTmarket seats the right side seat is the only stand alone seat. The other two must be pushed together as they share the armrest.

I guess I’ll start working on the wife

Well then sitting to the right it is, sounds right to

Im on a cobbled together riser because I was quite skeptical of it all, I got in on the JBL sale last night so Im doing the mini riser next weekend.

This is SBugers riser he just put in. Hes running Crowson, BKs and NF and he was even impressed by it. You can do just 1 if needed. Post 29 is where Tim put all the info to build. Get your new subs, new riser and you want be wanting for anything.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-de...heater-29.html

post #47629 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 01:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked: 1846
I’m just picking up on this. I’m sorry I what thread is this post 29 you’re talking about?

post #47630 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 02:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Charles View Post
I’m just picking up on this. I’m sorry I what thread is this post 29 you’re talking about?

This a cheap and very effective alternative to Crowsons and butt kickers. Very strong response to 3hz using a $30 12 inch JBL driver sold at Best Buy, Walmart etc. this requires a MDF board suspended off the ground via isolation feet. The seat goes on top of the board with the driver under the seat. The whole platform moves with precision and huge tactile feel. This is more for people into home theater but some use it for music.

post #47631 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrotheads View Post
I may try to get ahold of him. Having to ship back IF one doesn't like it is a big pain that a distributor in Canada would make much easier.

Well, u pay either way, it's all relative! I live in NS and have ordered 3subs and 5 speakers and would not hesitate to do it again! Not only that but it is very very unlikely you will be sending anything back!!

CallingMrBenzo likes this.
post #47632 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 05:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2056 Post(s)
Liked: 4147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrotheads View Post
You wouldn't need to ship a subwoofer back unless you didn't like it. Generally, it's possible to diagnose subwoofer problems over phone or email, and then send either a driver or amp which you would replace yourself pretty easily.
ahblaza likes this.
post #47633 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 324
To the Power Sound Audio Community,

I wanted to let everyone know that today was my last official day as an owner of Power Sound Audio. I am forever grateful to all of our customers for your support over the past seven years. Your loyalty to the PSA brand has enabled me to accomplish more than I could have ever imagined.

I wish Tom and the entire PSA Team the best of luck moving forward.

Thank you,

Jim Farina
post #47634 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 08:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Farina View Post

I wanted to let everyone know that today was my last official day as an owner of Power Sound Audio. I am forever grateful to all of our customers for your support over the past seven years. Your loyalty to the PSA brand has enabled me to accomplish more than I could have ever imagined.

Thank you,

What? Oh man. I am really sorry to see this. Quite shocked. Was it the low tuned subs? Wish you all the best wherever you go.

post #47635 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 09:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1726 Post(s)
Liked: 4973
Whoa! Hope it's all on good terms and thank you for all you've done for us! We appreciate it Jim.
post #47636 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 09:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quoted: 2324 Post(s)
Liked: 1637
Quote:

Thank you,
You finally got pissed about the low tune sub and couldn't put up with Tom any longer? Kidding! Thanks for what you've done for PSA and good luck to you in the future.

Theater room: Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Outlaw Audio 976 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panny 60 inch | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Axiom Audio M60/VP150/QS8
post #47637 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 10:00 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 244 Post(s)
Quoted: 5528 Post(s)
Liked: 5077
I am calling April Fools on this one! Please?
subacabra and drh3b like this.
post #47638 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
What? Oh man. I am really sorry to see this. Quite shocked. Was it the low tuned subs? Wish you all the best wherever you go.
Thank you for the well wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subacabra View Post
Whoa! Hope it's all on good terms and thank you for all you've done for us! We appreciate it Jim.
Thank you. Yes it was on good terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
You finally got pissed about the low tune sub and couldn't put up with Tom any longer? Kidding! Thanks for what you've done for PSA and good luck to you in the future.
Thanks, ereed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
I am calling April Fools on this one! Please?
Sorry Marc, it is true. I made sure to post on March 31st for this reason.

Jim Farina
post #47639 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 11:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Just became a PSA owner of dual v1510df in December. Love them. Thanks for a great product and support from you and Tom. Best of luck in your next endeavor Jim.
Younger38 likes this.
post #47640 of 52596 Old 03-31-2019, 11:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2351 Post(s)
Liked: 2951
Quote:
Thank you for the well wishes.

Thank you. Yes it was on good terms.

Thanks, ereed.

Sorry Marc, it is true. I made sure to post on March 31st for this reason.
Jim thanks for the great contributions to the audio world! Whatever comes next , I hope you enjoy it and prosper at it!

Thanks again
Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
chuffitychuffchuff , chuffmaster , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , hr chuff'n'stuff , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , psa , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , s3000i , s7201 , tv36 , v1500 , V1800 , v1801 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page