Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 1591 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 65863Likes

post #47701 of 52735 Old 04-04-2019, 02:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1482 Post(s)
Liked: 2870
+1 Hop^^

Went through the same issue with the same company two years ago costing me thousands i never recouped,, and was left high and dry. I don't know how Tom keeps up his amazing consistency day after day,,, but he does (quality guy!!). Couldn't agree more, that what a graph says on output is just a part of the purchase of which some have focused a bit to much on imo.

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Funk 21.0LX Master/Slave combo 4800 watts RMS/9600watts (peak)-
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R
-Chane A-1.4 side/rear surrounds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47702 of 52735 Old 04-04-2019, 03:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3572 Post(s)
Liked: 11264
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFist View Post
Yessir!

I actually followed your posts throughout that journey and I understand completely. I like to think of myself as a patient person, but hearing stories like these, I'm kind of glad I didn't go that route when I was thinking about it awhile back. No slight to that ID sub company owner, but it wouldn't be something I would go into eyes wide open.
Yep. And like you I didn't mean a slight to anyone. Each company decides what their business model will look like and they have to make their decisions based on that model and live with the affect on their business. In the case of that company the owner is obviously comfortable with his approach to communication with his customers, if he wasn't he would change some things. Which is fine but shoppers need to know ahead of time so they can make an educated decision. I for one have come to realize just how valuable PSA's approach to CS is to me.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
post #47703 of 52735 Old 04-04-2019, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 138
I need help choosing the right PSA sub. Room is basement, main Area is 17x12, with 8 foot solid ceilings. Pillar and walk through to the bar area that is 8x10. Concrete floors with wood laminate. I have ELAC debut 5.1.2 setup and have SVS PB 2000. I listen to fair amount of music down there as well. I am looking for l little more output for movies with more feel and some TR compared to my SVS.
I had purchased a Monolith 15, but that didn't end well and she is being picked up on Monday, for a ride back to California.

I would Like to keep it around $1200, but it's not a deal breaker. My SVS is less than 6 months old, so i would like to set something up I will keep for a while.
oneeyeblind and SuperFist like this.

Basement HT 5.1.2 - Marantz 6012, Outlaw 5000 - ELAC Debut F5 Towers, C5 Center, B5 Bookshelves - JTR Captivator 1200XS - BenQ2050a 92" Silver Ticket
Upstairs Living Room, Music 2.1 - Anthem MRX520 - Pair of Chane A1.5's, - SVS PB 1000 - Projekt Debut turntable - LG 55" B8 OLED
Bedroom 2.1 - Denon AVR740h - ELAC B4 Bookshelves - Klipsch R-10SW - TCL 49"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47704 of 52735 Old 04-04-2019, 04:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbirney View Post
I need help choosing the right PSA sub. Room is basement, main Area is 17x12, with 8 foot solid ceilings. Pillar and walk through to the bar area that is 8x10. Concrete floors with wood laminate. I have ELAC debut 5.1.2 setup and have SVS PB 2000. I listen to fair amount of music down there as well. I am looking for l little more output for movies with more feel and some TR compared to my SVS.
I had purchased a Monolith 15, but that didn't end well and she is being picked up on Monday, for a ride back to California.

I would Like to keep it around $1200, but it's not a deal breaker. My SVS is less than 6 months old, so i would like to set something up I will keep for a while.
So we're looking at roughly 3000 cu-ft on a basement concrete slab. This kind of falls in the medium-large category for room size and a powerful sealed sub would work well but a ported sub would also work well and probably better for TR. Good TR is tough to achieve on concrete but you'll have better results with nearfield placement as opposed to farfield. To stay around $1200 your best bet would be the V1510 and have the port and driver pointed at you. That said, personally I would look at the V1811. Either one would be a big step up from the PB 2000 but there is something about an 18" driver that just puts a smile on your face.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

post #47705 of 52735 Old 04-04-2019, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
So we're looking at roughly 3000 cu-ft on a basement concrete slab. This kind of falls in the medium-large category for room size and a powerful sealed sub would work well but a ported sub would also work well and probably better for TR. Good TR is tough to achieve on concrete but you'll have better results with nearfield placement as opposed to farfield. To stay around $1200 your best bet would be the V1510 and have the port and driver pointed at you. That said, personally I would look at the V1811. Either one would be a big step up from the PB 2000 but there is something about an 18" driver that just puts a smile on your face.
Yes, the room is kind of odd. SVS sat in front left corner, but when I had my pair of Klipsch 112s they were in back behind the couch.

I really want a 3611, but I don't think that is in the cards right now lol

Basement HT 5.1.2 - Marantz 6012, Outlaw 5000 - ELAC Debut F5 Towers, C5 Center, B5 Bookshelves - JTR Captivator 1200XS - BenQ2050a 92" Silver Ticket
Upstairs Living Room, Music 2.1 - Anthem MRX520 - Pair of Chane A1.5's, - SVS PB 1000 - Projekt Debut turntable - LG 55" B8 OLED
Bedroom 2.1 - Denon AVR740h - ELAC B4 Bookshelves - Klipsch R-10SW - TCL 49"
post #47706 of 52735 Old 04-04-2019, 04:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 51
I just bought two V1811's shipping next week!!! Tom is top notch for sure. Looking forward to getting my subs and if I do ave an issue I know Tom will be there to back up is products. This is one of the many reasons why I went wit PSA after a driver blew in a brand new sb16 not even 30days into having it.
post #47707 of 52735 Old 04-04-2019, 05:21 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 5586 Post(s)
Liked: 5175
Quote:
Originally Posted by indebtbassfreak View Post
+1 Hop^^

Went through the same issue with the same company two years ago costing me thousands i never recouped,, and was left high and dry.
For the sake of clarity, the root of both of your heartaches were the amplifier (manufucturer: Speakerpower). Their torpedo amps (≥2400W) are extremely sensitive to noise (more than any other I've experienced). Anyone purchasing a S7201 could experience it and an isolation transformer will not always eliminate the noise. While I believe I have the experience to work around it now (I was unable to help @indebtbassfreak eliminate the noise at the time), I trust Tom to advocate for his customer more than any other vendor.

No ID sub vendor can exceed the customer service PSA and SVS provide. SVS has massive resources and Tom has chosen to live PSA 24/7/365. Rythmik and Funk Audio come damn close. DSS might be the only ID vendor I have not purchased from, but I have always found David Gage very responsive (I have emailed and PMd him). We all shoukd appreciate Tom's sacrifice but he sets an unreachable standard.

The ID vendor we are [not] mentioning custom manufacturers premium PA and HT speakers (a different level than the PSA MTMs) as well as subs and stays quite busy. I don't think he deserves to be maligned as if there is no customer service at all (not that it is anyone's intent). However, there is definitely much room for improvement in customer service.
post #47708 of 52735 Old 04-04-2019, 05:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 1482 Post(s)
Liked: 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
For the sake of clarity, the root of both of your heartaches were the amplifier (manufucturer: Speakerpower). Their torpedo amps (≥2400W) are extremely sensitive to noise (more than any other I've experienced). Anyone purchasing a S7201 could experience it and an isolation transformer will not always eliminate the noise. While I believe I have the experience to work around it now (I was unable to help @indebtbassfreak eliminate the noise at the time), I trust Tom to advocate for his customer more than any other vendor.

No ID sub vendor can exceed the customer service PSA and SVS provide. SVS has massive resources and Tom has chosen to live PSA 24/7/365. Rythmik and Funk Audio come damn close. DSS might be the only ID vendor I have not purchased from, but I have always found David Gage very responsive (I have emailed and PMd him). We all shoukd appreciate Tom's sacrifice but he sets an unreachable standard.

The ID vendor we are [not] mentioning custom manufacturers premium PA and HT speakers (a different level than the PSA MTMs) as well as subs and stays quite busy. I don't think he deserves to be maligned as if there is no customer service at all (not that it is anyone's intent). However, there is definitely much room for improvement in customer service.
I'll make this as brief as possible to not derail this thread. As good as you are Marc at understanding issues that arise, after five months of arguing i finally was told the amp would be looked at. It was like trying to get blood from a stone but after seven ignored emails and months of waiting they finally admitted a bad wire in the ribbon connector between the DSP board and amp module, this was in addition to the known bad noise floor issues. I think that may still have been a bit more than you may have been able to resolve (although your's and others help was really appreciated at the time).

There is a difference in been "maligned" and speaking the truth when there is very poor customer service displayed to some imo, just read the "other" thread where some issues have been unresolved for over a year. How is there anything ok about that!

Anyway Tom has set a crazy bar and has been consistent, how can that service not be respected by all including the competition.

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Funk 21.0LX Master/Slave combo 4800 watts RMS/9600watts (peak)-
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R
-Chane A-1.4 side/rear surrounds.
post #47709 of 52735 Old 04-04-2019, 06:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post

I agree and as you noted I don't think we are maligning anyone at all simply because we are not exaggerating or lying. And I never said CS... I said responsiveness and communication which are just select aspects of the much larger over all umbrella of CS. If he (the owner/operator of said company) were worried about his customer communication he would do something about it and since he has not changed his business approach he's obviously not worried about it. And there's nothing wrong with that at all, its his business and he has every right to conduct it as he sees fit and I applaud him for doing what he believes is right. On the flip side we have every right to talk about his approach and how it may not be for everyone... there is no maligning in any of that at all. It is what it is.

But my primary point was not a focus on that company's business approach to customer communication (so I'm not sure why we are here). I only mentioned it as a back story to point out Tom's stellar CS so as to help any potential buyers understand that they need to ask themselves what's most important to them. To some it may be raw performance, others it may be aesthetics and still others it may be CS. But they should figure that out before sinking their cash into a major purchase.

I will add one more thing. You are right about the Speakerpower amps and any sub with those powerful amps may very well have a hum. PSA has also had to deal with those amps creating hums on the S7201. But that's my point... once you stick a component in your product you are responsible at that point for that component's performance as well as the rest of the components in your product's performance. After all, it's all those components that make up your product. And if there is an issue with any of them the customer will want to talk to someone for help. thus my whole point... Tom will be there to help you deal with it if it happens.

post #47710 of 52735 Old 04-04-2019, 06:25 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 5586 Post(s)
Liked: 5175
Quote:
But that's my point... once you stick a component in your product you are responsible at that point for that component's performance as well as the rest of the components in your product's performance. After all, it's all those components that make up your product. And if there is an issue with any of them the customer will want to talk to someone for help. thus my whole point... Tom will be there to help you deal with it if it happens.
Yes, agreed!
Mike Butny, ahblaza and Hopinater like this.
post #47711 of 52735 Old 04-05-2019, 04:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Liked: 1920
CS is the main reason that I have kept buying, and buying, and buying from Tom(with great support from this forum too!). More than once on a Friday or Saturday I did something to mess up what I had done, and Tom was there to answer the call. Since he id all that, even sent a replacement stuff within a day or two, I could not help but to buy the speakers as well. CS is very high on some folks lists, maybe not as high as some of the DYI folks, butthose who need CS(like me) found a gold mine in PSA.
post #47712 of 52735 Old 04-05-2019, 05:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 1045
Quote:
once you stick a component in your product you are responsible at that point for that component's performance as well as the rest of the components in your product's performance. After all, it's all those components that make up your product.
Hop. You hit the nail in the head here.

It may be another company' component, but its your product and reputation that is under the microscope when it fails. You chose it, you sold it, you support. If you dont, you eventually go away.
post #47713 of 52735 Old 04-05-2019, 08:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 868 Post(s)
Liked: 1202
I know Tom told me when the new stuff was going to be listed for preorder, but I forgot what he said. Anyone remember?

I already reserved my two cabinets, just curious when we might see them posted up on the site
post #47714 of 52735 Old 04-05-2019, 08:52 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 643 Post(s)
Liked: 1416
Next week I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marantz 7011- Panasonic UB-820- Xbox One X - Epson HC 5050UB *Calibrated by ChadB* - Elite Screen's 2:35:1 AT 115' - PSA MTM 110's L/C/R - Mixed Surrounds - SVS Elevations Atmos X2 - Dual PSA TV36 B&C Neo's *MiniDSP HD* Took the Red Pill BEQ
post #47715 of 52735 Old 04-05-2019, 09:48 AM

What are the new products?
post #47716 of 52735 Old 04-05-2019, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfreiman View Post
What are the new products?
"Low-Tuned" for the lowest freq's down to 12Htz.

System: Multiple
Brands: Too many to mention
Great Sound: Everywhere, all the time!
post #47717 of 52735 Old 04-05-2019, 10:10 AM

Ok great but what size subs?
post #47718 of 52735 Old 04-05-2019, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

Read through the thread it’s been discussed at length.

Marantz 7011- Panasonic UB-820- Xbox One X - Epson HC 5050UB *Calibrated by ChadB* - Elite Screen's 2:35:1 AT 115' - PSA MTM 110's L/C/R - Mixed Surrounds - SVS Elevations Atmos X2 - Dual PSA TV36 B&C Neo's *MiniDSP HD* Took the Red Pill BEQ
post #47719 of 52735 Old 04-05-2019, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Have been unable to get hold of Tom.
post #47720 of 52735 Old 04-05-2019, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrotheads View Post

20 x 28 x 48

post #47721 of 52735 Old 04-05-2019, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 868 Post(s)
Liked: 1202
Quote:
Best to leave a message (whether it's phone or email) and let him get back to you. He's always gotten back to me very quickly, and I'm sure that lets him plan his day better, win-win.
iceatola and flat4 like this.
post #47722 of 52735 Old 04-05-2019, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 3049 Post(s)
Liked: 10457
Quote:
you may be calling the wrong number or using an incorrect email?

https://www.powersoundaudio.com/pages/contact

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
oneeyeblind likes this.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep,
post #47723 of 52735 Old 04-05-2019, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 96
I had no trouble contacting Tom on chat a few days ago--once I got on Firefox browser. I had looked for him on Chrome a few times with no luck. I had concluded that PSA must have abandoned chat until he commented about chat again here recently. I'm not sure what the issue is with Chrome--perhaps just my settings.

But he responded quickly once I found the chat tab was present on Firefox.
post #47724 of 52735 Old 04-05-2019, 12:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 3049 Post(s)
Liked: 10457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Ames View Post
I had no trouble contacting Tom on chat a few days ago--once I got on Firefox browser. I had looked for him on Chrome a few times with no luck. I had concluded that PSA must have abandoned chat until he commented about chat again here recently. I'm not sure what the issue is with Chrome--perhaps just my settings.

But he responded quickly once I found the chat tab was present on Firefox.
I have only been able to enable chat a few hours a day lately. I'm prioritizing the fulfillment of back orders and new product development / company growth potential right now. But I'm still hitting all phone calls/emails same day 99% of the time. Every now and then I'll miss something and get to it next day.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep,
post #47725 of 52735 Old 04-05-2019, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbirney View Post

My basement room (carpet/pad over concrete slab) is basically 13 x 24 with an 8'-4" ceiling height and I have two V1811 subs. They are fantastic for movies and music...in my room for my preferences and goals. YMMV.
oneeyeblind and Bigbirney like this.
post #47726 of 52735 Old 04-05-2019, 12:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Quoted: 1441 Post(s)
Liked: 3637
Tom just needs one of these sweet mobile computers so he can chat 24/7! It may appear a tad cumbersome, but I am assured by the designer of this revolutionary portable computing rig those boards over the shoulders are quite comfortable (image from google).

Speakers: PSA MTM-210T x2, MTM-210C, MT-110SR x2; Atmos-SVS Satellite x2, DIY Volt-10 x2
Subs: PSA V1801 x2, DIY: 18" RSS460HO, 15" RSS390HO x2, BOSS w/JBL CX1200 x6
MA’s: Crowson Tech x2
Processing: Denon X4200, NU6KDSP, 3KDSP
Video: Epson 3700; Screen: Silver Ticket 106" High Contrast
post #47727 of 52735 Old 04-05-2019, 01:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekosche View Post
Tom just needs one of these sweet mobile computers so he can chat 24/7! It may appear a tad cumbersome, but I am assured by the designer of this revolutionary portable computing rig those boards over the shoulders are quite comfortable (image from google).

Is that complete with a 4.1 surround sound? Or 2.1

Sekosche likes this.

post #47728 of 52735 Old 04-05-2019, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
you may be calling the wrong number or using an incorrect email?

https://www.powersoundaudio.com/pages/contact

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Talked to you in chat but didn't get a response so I left my email.
post #47729 of 52735 Old 04-05-2019, 04:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 2483 Post(s)
Liked: 3527
post #47730 of 52735 Old 04-05-2019, 04:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 2483 Post(s)
Liked: 3527
Quote:
Talked to you in chat but didn't get a response so I left my email.
Try this [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
chuffitychuffchuff , chuffmaster , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , hr chuff'n'stuff , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , psa , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , s3000i , s7201 , tv36 , v1500 , V1800 , v1801 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page