Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 1629 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 66446Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #48841 of 52892 Old 05-26-2019, 01:01 PM
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 16,764
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2744 Post(s)
Liked: 3629
Hey guys! Would someone mind giving me a quick update on what new PSA subs are about to hit? Dont feel like digging through this fast moving thread to see what is upcoming in the PSA world. At some point I want to swap out my 2 PB13s with another sub to go with my v3600 that is in my other front corner which is why I'm curious.
oneeyeblind likes this.
Toe is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #48842 of 52892 Old 05-26-2019, 01:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gbreda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,026
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Hey guys! Would someone mind giving me a quick update on what new PSA subs are about to hit? Dont feel like digging through this fast moving thread to see what is upcoming in the PSA world. At some point I want to swap out my 2 PB13s with another sub to go with my v3600 that is in my other front corner which is why I'm curious.
First units should be out the door any time now although Tom is admittedly behind on the website as its back burnered right now for him.

If you want a new TV36 there may or may nor be some cabinets left on the presale pricing
If you want an outlet sub then its a great time coming up for that as well

Either way, send Tom and email and find out whats best for you as getting hold of him any other way is a challenge right now.
oneeyeblind likes this.
gbreda is online now  
post #48843 of 52892 Old 05-26-2019, 02:09 PM
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 16,764
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2744 Post(s)
Liked: 3629
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
First units should be out the door any time now although Tom is admittedly behind on the website as its back burnered right now for him.

If you want a new TV36 there may or may nor be some cabinets left on the presale pricing
If you want an outlet sub then its a great time coming up for that as well

Either way, send Tom and email and find out whats best for you as getting hold of him any other way is a challenge right now.
Thanks for the info! What are the general specs on the TV36 and weight/dimensions? I know absolutely nothing about it as this is my first visit to this thread in a few years I believe.
Toe is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #48844 of 52892 Old 05-26-2019, 02:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gbreda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,026
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Thanks for the info! What are the general specs on the TV36 and weight/dimensions? I know absolutely nothing about it as this is my first visit to this thread in a few years I believe.
I'm on my way out for a concert (Sammy Hagar and Night Ranger)and cant find the posts but its been moving at warp speed here lately.

Jim Farina was gone (bought out by a silent partner/group)as of April 1 and Tom is on steroids with new ideas.

Up first the TV36 is a larger ported low tuned sub a bit larger than the V3600 but with a huge straight port and 3 choices of drivers-Standard/Current 18", Neo or IPAL all incrementally more $$ with different output.

Others will fill you in on details but the pre order pricing is really good for those looking at this.

ALSO, there will be a good amount of quality trades coming if you are looking at another V36XX to go along with your V3600
Toe, Mike Butny and Hopinater like this.
gbreda is online now  
post #48845 of 52892 Old 05-26-2019, 02:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ahblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh Steeler Country
Posts: 4,075
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2497 Post(s)
Liked: 3580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Thanks for the info! What are the general specs on the TV36 and weight/dimensions? I know absolutely nothing about it as this is my first visit to this thread in a few years I believe.
Hey Toe, long time no see my friend.........The TV36 cab is slightly larger than the V36, a few inches taller and deeper with a large 6" bottom flared port with a long straight pipe or tube, no slot... will be tuned at 12.5 Hz with proprietary ICE 1920w amp...Tom's offering three driver versions, standard like you have now in your V36
$2200 preorder...........B&C Neo drivers $2600 and the B&C iPAL drivers $3000 I believe. Weights are about a little over 200lbs standard and I believe the B&C models are around 225-230 I could be wrong.

https://www.bcspeakers.com/en/produc.../18-0/2/18ipal

https://www.bcspeakers.com/en/produc...-0/8/18ds115-8

https://www.facebook.com/powersoundaudio/ PICs

They are going to be beasts and at the preorder pricing they are a steal........

Last edited by ahblaza; 05-26-2019 at 02:31 PM.
ahblaza is online now  
post #48846 of 52892 Old 05-26-2019, 02:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gbreda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,026
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
They are going to be beasts and at the preorder pricing they are a steal........
Pretty much sums it up
gbreda is online now  
post #48847 of 52892 Old 05-26-2019, 02:51 PM
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 16,764
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2744 Post(s)
Liked: 3629
Thank you both! Appreciate the info. These sound like they would be a significant upgrade over my dual PB13s. So they are literally only a couple inches bigger in depth and height and same length as my 3600?
oneeyeblind and ahblaza like this.
Toe is online now  
post #48848 of 52892 Old 05-26-2019, 02:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
David Charles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Amherst, Ohio
Posts: 1,289
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1108 Post(s)
Liked: 1867
Yes and yes


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Toe likes this.
David Charles is offline  
post #48849 of 52892 Old 05-26-2019, 02:54 PM
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 16,764
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2744 Post(s)
Liked: 3629
Also, I assume these would be compatible with a v3600 so I could use them together? I'll shoot Tom a message soon here as well.
Toe is online now  
post #48850 of 52892 Old 05-26-2019, 03:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ereed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,504
Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2346 Post(s)
Liked: 1646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Thank you both! Appreciate the info. These sound like they would be a significant upgrade over my dual PB13s. So they are literally only a couple inches bigger in depth and height and same length as my 3600?
Why are you upgrading? What you feel is missing?

To give you a similar output comparison the svs pb13 is equal to psa v1500 lineup (I've had both). PB13 extends lower but v1500 has more midbass but since you own both pb13 and V3600 you should be able to tell which you enjoy more (ulf vs midbass). You could sell both pb13s and get 2 v3601 and use your v3600 as nearfield sub! Or use all 3 (which I did) and they all blend well together due to similar port tune.

Theater room: Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Outlaw Audio 976 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panny 60 inch | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Axiom Audio M60/VP150/QS8
ereed is offline  
post #48851 of 52892 Old 05-26-2019, 03:39 PM
AVS ***** Member
 
mthomas47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,360
Mentioned: 356 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5553 Post(s)
Liked: 10761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Thank you both! Appreciate the info. These sound like they would be a significant upgrade over my dual PB13s. So they are literally only a couple inches bigger in depth and height and same length as my 3600?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Also, I assume these would be compatible with a v3600 so I could use them together? I'll shoot Tom a message soon here as well.

Hi,

Just in case you can't easily reach Tom--the new subs will indeed be a significant upgrade. The PB13's are good subs, which concentrate more bass below 35Hz than most similar ported subs. The V3600 is also a very good sub, with much more mid-bass than the PB13's. You are already familiar with the similarities and differences in the sound signatures of the two different subwoofers. And, since you were thinking of selling the PB13's and getting another V3600, I assume that you prefer that subwoofer.

In my opinion, you will find the new subwoofers, and especially the Neo and iPal versions, to combine the best of both worlds. They will still have a great deal more mid-bass SPL than the PB13's, but they will also have more low-bass. Quite a bit more! Although the sound signature should be similar to what you are accustomed to with the V3600, I would expect even lower distortion and more clarity from the new drivers.

My advice would be to sell the two PB13's, trade-in the V3600, and get two iPal's, if there are any still available on the pre-order. Neo's would be my personal second choice. Since you were looking to upgrade, I think that your timing is actually perfect.

Regards,
Mike


Edit: I almost forgot. No, I would not try mixing the V3600 (with its ~19Hz port tune), with the new TV36 (with a 13.5Hz port tune--I corrected this). At a minimum, you would expect to get phase-related cancellation starting at about 20Hz or higher and continuing quite low. The frequency responses will also be different, with entirely different DSP applied to the new subs. The TV36's, and especially the iPal and Neo versions, represent a significant upgrade to the V3600 and it's later models. I definitely wouldn't mix them if I were you.
Toe, Mike Butny, ahblaza and 1 others like this.

GUIDE TO SUBWOOFER CALIBRATION AND BASS PREFERENCES

* The Guide linked above is a comprehensive guide to Audio & HT systems, including:
Speaker placements & Room treatments; HT calibration & Room EQ; Room gain; Bass
Preferences; Subwoofer Buyer's Guide: Sealed/ported; ID subs; Subwoofer placement.

Last edited by mthomas47; 05-26-2019 at 05:56 PM.
mthomas47 is online now  
post #48852 of 52892 Old 05-26-2019, 03:56 PM
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 16,764
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2744 Post(s)
Liked: 3629
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
Why are you upgrading? What you feel is missing?

To give you a similar output comparison the svs pb13 is equal to psa v1500 lineup (I've had both). PB13 extends lower but v1500 has more midbass but since you own both pb13 and V3600 you should be able to tell which you enjoy more (ulf vs midbass). You could sell both pb13s and get 2 v3601 and use your v3600 as nearfield sub! Or use all 3 (which I did) and they all blend well together due to similar port tune.

I've got a 3rd pb13 I use somewhat nearfield in the rear right corner.

I'm pushing my dual 13s up front to their limits at times so I need something that will be a clear step up. Will move one of the 13s to the rear and maybe use that nearfield along with the other 13.

13 vs 3600....I dont know. I just put the 3600 in place of the 12/2 Ultra it replaced years ago, calibrated it with the others and called it a day.

But maybe the port tune of the TV36 is too low to play well with both the 3600 and PB13s? Dont know. I'll ask Tom when I talk to him.
Toe is online now  
post #48853 of 52892 Old 05-26-2019, 04:04 PM
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 16,764
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2744 Post(s)
Liked: 3629
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post
Hi,

Just in case you can't easily reach Tom--the new subs will indeed be a significant upgrade. The PB13's are good subs, which concentrate more bass below 35Hz than most similar ported subs. The V3600 is also a very good sub, with much more mid-bass than the PB13's. You are already familiar with the similarities and differences in the sound signatures of the two different subwoofers. And, since you were thinking of selling the PB13's and getting another V3600, I assume that you prefer that subwoofer.

In my opinion, you will find the new subwoofers, and especially the Neo and iPal versions, to combine the best of both worlds. They will still have a great deal more mid-bass SPL than the PB13's, but they will also have more low-bass. Quite a bit more! Although the sound signature should be similar to what you are accustomed to with the V3600, I would expect even lower distortion and more clarity from the new drivers.

My advice would be to sell the two PB13's, trade-in the V3600, and get two iPal's, if there are any still available on the pre-order. Neo's would be my personal second choice. Since you were looking to upgrade, I think that your timing is actually perfect.

Regards,
Mike


Edit: I almost forgot. No, I would not try mixing the V3600 (with its ~19Hz port tune), with the new TV36 (with a 12.5Hz port tune). At a minimum, you would expect to get phase-related cancellation starting at about 20Hz or higher and continuing quite low. The frequency responses will also be different, with entirely different DSP applied to the new subs. The TV36's, and especially the iPal and Neo versions, represent a significant upgrade to the V3600 and it's later models. I definitely wouldn't mix them if I were you.
Excellent info, thanks! Will probably bail out of this idea in that case. I have to keep either the PB13 or 3600 in the rear to bring up a null so since they wont play well with the new port tune of the TV36 its probably a no go.

Thanks again!
ahblaza and mthomas47 like this.
Toe is online now  
post #48854 of 52892 Old 05-26-2019, 04:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
imureh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,766
Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2982 Post(s)
Liked: 3827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Excellent info, thanks! Will probably bail out of this idea in that case. I have to keep either the PB13 or 3600 in the rear to bring up a null so since they wont play well with the new port tune of the TV36 its probably a no go.



Thanks again!


From Tom:

20x26x48( WxDxH ).



Tune is 13.5hz +/- 0.5hz.



FR is (+/-3) 15hz-150hz anechoic. 7-10hz pressurization in all but the largest rooms.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Toe, ahblaza and Hopinater like this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
imureh is online now  
post #48855 of 52892 Old 05-27-2019, 01:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: syracuse, ny
Posts: 1,117
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 848 Post(s)
Liked: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
That's interesting, I wonder why its different this time for you.

I've been doing pretty well through the last three months but it gets harder by the day. I really miss watching movies in my HT.
i miss using my room every day since i sold the subs. i guess the difference this time is that i'm not sure how to proceed (safely) to the next level and (hopefully) not have any regrets with said decision. honestly, if rythmik offered a vented dual 18 option i'd probably already own a few @enricoclaudio . i sold my fv25's prior to @Tom Vodhanel announcing his new TV36 creation (of which i already reached out to Tom directly and spoke at length about the details of said new sub, and he told me in so many words that he can't recommend i go that route because the output difference between the fv25 & tv36 would not be large enough (for me).

i have been leaning towards a DIY solution but there are so many more variables in play, namely not being able to really read reviews about said creation anywhere on the internet because it would be a 1-off product, no built-in DSP, different companies to deal with for warranty purposes, matching ideal cabinet size & driver choice, etc.. it's almost more fun to think about all of the movies i have backlogged ready to watch in my room than it is to put effort into figuring out how to bring my room back to life.
ahblaza and Hopinater like this.
serith is online now  
post #48856 of 52892 Old 05-27-2019, 05:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
David Charles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Amherst, Ohio
Posts: 1,289
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1108 Post(s)
Liked: 1867
Quote:
Originally Posted by serith View Post
i miss using my room every day since i sold the subs. i guess the difference this time is that i'm not sure how to proceed (safely) to the next level and (hopefully) not have any regrets with said decision. honestly, if rythmik offered a vented dual 18 option i'd probably already own a few @enricoclaudio . i sold my fv25's prior to @Tom Vodhanel announcing his new TV36 creation (of which i already reached out to Tom directly and spoke at length about the details of said new sub, and he told me in so many words that he can't recommend i go that route because the output difference between the fv25 & tv36 would not be large enough (for me).



i have been leaning towards a DIY solution but there are so many more variables in play, namely not being able to really read reviews about said creation anywhere on the internet because it would be a 1-off product, no built-in DSP, different companies to deal with for warranty purposes, matching ideal cabinet size & driver choice, etc.. it's almost more fun to think about all of the movies i have backlogged ready to watch in my room than it is to put effort into figuring out how to bring my room back to life.


Just wait another week or so and I’ll give you some reviews of the IPAL’s :-)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike Butny and serith like this.
David Charles is offline  
post #48857 of 52892 Old 05-27-2019, 06:14 AM
AVS ***** Member
 
mthomas47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,360
Mentioned: 356 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5553 Post(s)
Liked: 10761
Quote:
Originally Posted by serith View Post
i miss using my room every day since i sold the subs. i guess the difference this time is that i'm not sure how to proceed (safely) to the next level and (hopefully) not have any regrets with said decision. honestly, if rythmik offered a vented dual 18 option i'd probably already own a few @enricoclaudio . i sold my fv25's prior to @Tom Vodhanel announcing his new TV36 creation (of which i already reached out to Tom directly and spoke at length about the details of said new sub, and he told me in so many words that he can't recommend i go that route because the output difference between the fv25 & tv36 would not be large enough (for me).

i have been leaning towards a DIY solution but there are so many more variables in play, namely not being able to really read reviews about said creation anywhere on the internet because it would be a 1-off product, no built-in DSP, different companies to deal with for warranty purposes, matching ideal cabinet size & driver choice, etc.. it's almost more fun to think about all of the movies i have backlogged ready to watch in my room than it is to put effort into figuring out how to bring my room back to life.

Hi,

I remember discussion of your options on several threads. I sympathize with your dilemma regarding DIY. It seems to me that you are still a good candidate for multiple Cap 4000ULF's. That remains the most powerful ID sub currently made, although Nathan Funk may be making something that will challenge that designation. His 24" ported subs will be expensive, though.

I think you were turned-off by some problems that Speaker Power was having, and by the fact that Jeff got backed-up and was hard to contact for a while, but I believe that all that has been resolved. The Cap 4000's are really big and really powerful for most rooms, and for most listeners. I rarely recommend them, partly for that reason. But, in your specific case, I still think that they would be the simplest way for you to achieve the bass you are looking for.

Regards,
Mike
chucky7, serith and ahblaza like this.

GUIDE TO SUBWOOFER CALIBRATION AND BASS PREFERENCES

* The Guide linked above is a comprehensive guide to Audio & HT systems, including:
Speaker placements & Room treatments; HT calibration & Room EQ; Room gain; Bass
Preferences; Subwoofer Buyer's Guide: Sealed/ported; ID subs; Subwoofer placement.
mthomas47 is online now  
post #48858 of 52892 Old 05-27-2019, 07:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ereed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,504
Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2346 Post(s)
Liked: 1646
Quote:
Originally Posted by serith View Post
i miss using my room every day since i sold the subs. i guess the difference this time is that i'm not sure how to proceed (safely) to the next level and (hopefully) not have any regrets with said decision. honestly, if rythmik offered a vented dual 18 option i'd probably already own a few @enricoclaudio . i sold my fv25's prior to @Tom Vodhanel announcing his new TV36 creation (of which i already reached out to Tom directly and spoke at length about the details of said new sub, and he told me in so many words that he can't recommend i go that route because the output difference between the fv25 & tv36 would not be large enough (for me).

i have been leaning towards a DIY solution but there are so many more variables in play, namely not being able to really read reviews about said creation anywhere on the internet because it would be a 1-off product, no built-in DSP, different companies to deal with for warranty purposes, matching ideal cabinet size & driver choice, etc.. it's almost more fun to think about all of the movies i have backlogged ready to watch in my room than it is to put effort into figuring out how to bring my room back to life.
There was a member here @Todeseng3l with dual S7201s and it didn't have enough low end output for him so he sold it and since he is going after massive output he decided to go with dual ported 24s from Funk Audio. Sounds like you both are after same goals so get with him.

While you did have 3 FV25s I can't imagine its not enough for you. I remembered you were thinking about trying cap4000 at one point? Do you use REW? I wonder if you're sitting in a null or anything? Maybe not....but that is a lot of output....maybe you're just an extreme basshead after all! LOL Time for you to try crowsons or build a BOSS platform???

Theater room: Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Outlaw Audio 976 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panny 60 inch | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Axiom Audio M60/VP150/QS8
ereed is offline  
post #48859 of 52892 Old 05-27-2019, 07:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Todeseng3l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
That's interesting, I wonder why its different this time for you.

I've been doing pretty well through the last three months but it gets harder by the day. I really miss watching movies in my HT.

However, there is a bright side... this wait has shown my entire family just how much we all enjoy the benefits of my hobby.

They keep asking me when the news subs are going to get here.
haha Hop, my GF keeps asking me when they are going to get here too. She, however, is asking for the opposite reason. She is now growing accustom to the two large empty spaces in our living room and is not exactly looking forward to them being filled again .

I have been holding A Star is Born hostage though, I told her I wouldn't watch that garbage unless I was listening to it with my new subs... so she has that to look forward too
Todeseng3l is offline  
post #48860 of 52892 Old 05-27-2019, 08:13 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todeseng3l View Post
haha Hop, my GF keeps asking me when they are going to get here too. She, however, is asking for the opposite reason. She is now growing accustom to the two large empty spaces in our living room and is not exactly looking forward to them being filled again .

I have been holding A Star is Born hostage though, I told her I wouldn't watch that garbage unless I was listening to it with my new subs... so she has that to look forward too
Nathan better send them soon! Women have a way of filling those empty spaces. Oh and it wont be with subs!
flat4 is online now  
post #48861 of 52892 Old 05-27-2019, 08:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Todeseng3l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by serith View Post

i have been leaning towards a DIY solution but there are so many more variables in play, namely not being able to really read reviews about said creation anywhere on the internet because it would be a 1-off product, no built-in DSP, different companies to deal with for warranty purposes, matching ideal cabinet size & driver choice, etc.. it's almost more fun to think about all of the movies i have backlogged ready to watch in my room than it is to put effort into figuring out how to bring my room back to life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post
Hi,

I remember discussion of your options on several threads. I sympathize with your dilemma regarding DIY. It seems to me that you are still a good candidate for multiple Cap 4000ULF's. That remains the most powerful ID sub currently made, although Nathan Funk may be making something that will challenge that designation. His 24" ported subs will be expensive, though.
The 24" ULF vented Nathan is building for me will be without a doubt, the most output you can get from a cabinet of that size. Ok ok, I am smart enough not to make absolute statements like that but it will be close I was crazy enough to originally ask him to build a dual 24" driver ULF vented system but the cabinet would have to be >50% larger to properly utilize it, at which point you really need to build the house around the sub lol

He is also leveraging his wood working expertise and curved panel abilities inside the enclosure to create a very smooth flowing port that curves upwards inside the cabinet with in a 14” radius curve. This eliminates the needs for much bracing inside the port, reducing drag and increasing efficiency. If you are interested I would give him a shout, he said he might make my build a production model.

It would also be worthwhile to talk to the other players as well. I know Tom is working on a bigger/badder version of the TV36 which I would bet will use 21" IPAL(s). Another vendor I talked with was thinking about making a dual or single 21" ULF Vented.

Cheers,

Tony
Todeseng3l is offline  
post #48862 of 52892 Old 05-27-2019, 07:03 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 13,380
Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 9646
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
Sorry Brother don't get it..............
Means there is probably a long line so the chance of chaffage and bug bites is probably going to be high with the humid weather if you are setting up camp outside of PSA headquarters waiting for a TV36.
Mike Butny, ahblaza and Todeseng3l like this.

Last edited by basshead81; 05-27-2019 at 07:26 PM.
basshead81 is offline  
post #48863 of 52892 Old 05-27-2019, 07:12 PM
Member
 
LaRazaUnida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todeseng3l View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
That's interesting, I wonder why its different this time for you.

I've been doing pretty well through the last three months but it gets harder by the day. I really miss watching movies in my HT.

However, there is a bright side... this wait has shown my entire family just how much we all enjoy the benefits of my hobby.

They keep asking me when the news subs are going to get here. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/IMG]
haha Hop, my GF keeps asking me when they are going to get here too. She, however, is asking for the opposite reason. She is now growing accustom to the two large empty spaces in our living room and is not exactly looking forward to them being filled again [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG].

I have been holding A Star is Born hostage though, I told her I wouldn't watch that garbage unless I was listening to it with my new subs... so she has that to look forward too [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/IMG]
It’s actually not bad a bad movie at all and a good one to use for your HT set up. It will be a win/win when you finally watch! 😛
Mike Butny and Todeseng3l like this.
LaRazaUnida is offline  
post #48864 of 52892 Old 05-28-2019, 07:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
David Charles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Amherst, Ohio
Posts: 1,289
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1108 Post(s)
Liked: 1867
So, do any of the new PSA TV sub owners have any tracking info yet? My s3611s are disconnected and the space is cleared out for these new subs. I believe that Tom said yesterday and today would most likely begin the shipments (assuming they are on track per last weeks post from Tom).

Last edited by David Charles; 05-28-2019 at 07:08 AM.
David Charles is offline  
post #48865 of 52892 Old 05-28-2019, 08:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Dave Ol's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Charles View Post
So, do any of the new PSA TV sub owners have any tracking info yet? My s3611s are disconnected and the space is cleared out for these new subs. I believe that Tom said yesterday and today would most likely begin the shipments (assuming they are on track per last weeks post from Tom).

No tracking info as of yet for me...
Dave Ol is online now  
post #48866 of 52892 Old 05-28-2019, 08:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ratbuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,176
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Liked: 1221
I emailed a couple days ago and got a ship date of 5/31 +/- a business day, so end of this week, early next week. I think it's two days transit, so I could have them as soon as Monday, as late as Wednesday

Need to find a buyer for my pair of V1510DF, or they're going to the outlet
ratbuddy is online now  
post #48867 of 52892 Old 05-28-2019, 08:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
David Charles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Amherst, Ohio
Posts: 1,289
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1108 Post(s)
Liked: 1867
While I am thinking of it, anyone who is debating sealed s3611s, I am dropping them off at PSA sometime soon so contact Tom if you are interested in them They are in great shape!
sk373 likes this.
David Charles is offline  
post #48868 of 52892 Old 05-28-2019, 10:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
bargugl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 649
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Aargh! I was getting all geared up to watch the outlet for all these subs that you TV36 guys are returning, but low and behold, my stupid A/C fails and dumps a ton of water on the floor where I not only have to get the A/c fixed but also have some flooring to replace, too. There goes my sub money for a long while again. Guess I'll be definitely doing the modified BOSS of attaching an old driver to the frame of the couch.
CallingMrBenzo likes this.
bargugl is online now  
post #48869 of 52892 Old 05-28-2019, 01:48 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 90
My dual S1510s arrived. These are measly subs compared to what you guys are rattling rooms with but hey, at least I’ve joined the club.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bkoo22 is offline  
post #48870 of 52892 Old 05-28-2019, 01:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: So Cal.
Posts: 248
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by bargugl View Post
Aargh! I was getting all geared up to watch the outlet for all these subs that you TV36 guys are returning, but low and behold, my stupid A/C fails and dumps a ton of water on the floor where I not only have to get the A/c fixed but also have some flooring to replace, too. There goes my sub money for a long while again. Guess I'll be definitely doing the modified BOSS of attaching an old driver to the frame of the couch.
That sucks! Sounds almost like an insurance claim , but that comes with its own set of drawbacks as well. Water damage is a pain! I guess the good news is that it happened before you got the subs and not leaving you in a bind if it happened after...Good luck!
ahblaza, CallingMrBenzo and gbreda like this.
GatoGoat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
chuffitychuffchuff , chuffmaster , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , hr chuff'n'stuff , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , psa , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , s3000i , s7201 , tv36 , v1500 , V1800 , v1801 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off