Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 1649 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 65773Likes

post #49441 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
I have no fan like sounds coming from my subs, they are quiet. I put my ear right up to the driver and checked closely when I first plugged them in because of the problems I had with the 2400ULF's ground loop hum back in February. I literally held my breath as I turned things on with the TV36's and gave a sigh of relief when I saw all was quiet. Once you've heard a loud ground loop hum running through every speaker and sub you have you don't forget it. I'm glad your noise is minor and doesn't sound bad enough to be concerned about. I say forget about it and enjoy the subs.
No doubt, I'll try what Marc said and if that doesn't do anything I'll just let it go....truly not a big deal...because I've heard ground loop issues and this isn't even close to that. It might just be the subs sensitivity to my house's wiring. Glad your subs are completely quiet in your house, or maybe your hearing is going....... JJ . Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49442 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 01:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3567 Post(s)
Liked: 11237
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
I never said you did... my point was I doubt it's the same type of issue. Hop had a nasty ground loop hum which he fixed with isolators. His main issue with the cap2400's was the amps cycling on and off. And no a slight hiss coming from the drivers wouldn't bother me if I could only slightly hear it in a near silent room. Maybe he can take a video and try to record the sound so we can decipher if the noise is normal or not.
Yes, this is correct. The problems started with the wicked ground loop hum coming from both 2400ULF's. It sucked, a hum like that can not be ignored and it takes down your whole system. But from what I understand that's not an uncommon problem with Speakerpower amps. The ground loop hum was fixed with two BJC isolators that Tom sent me free of charge, I didn't even have to pay for shipping (I offered to pay but he refused). So in essence Tom's CS extended to a competitors product which is really cool IMO and I greatly appreciated his help.

But the ground loop hum was not the reason I sent the subs back, I got that issue resolved. The problem was two consecutive bad Speakerpower amps (the original and then the replacement). The first one just cycled on and off after 30 minutes of use. The replacement randomly checked up, flashed a series of coded lights and then stopped. Let it sit overnight and it would fire up and work a random amount of time (could be a day or two) and then do it again. All of that was going on while my mom was in bad health. So I had had enough and sent them back. It was truly a very dark time for me.

I'll add this, I'm thankful it all happened... it sucked at the time but I think things worked out for the best. I liked the 2400ULF's, they are a very good sub with powerful ULF... a serious heavy hitter and contender. But when I listened to them I did miss the effortless mid-bass of the V3601. I liked the 2400ULF a lot but I like the TV36 iPals much more. When Tom was designing them he told me he was trying all sorts of different tuning points from 10 to 15Hz and yes he could tune them around 10 to 12Hz but when he does he just doesn't think they sound nearly as good as when he tunes them around 13 to 14Hz. I'm thankful he trusted his ear and did it the way he did. The way the TV36 iPal hits with power and weight in the ULF and then clobbers you with powerful mid-bass is truly mesmerizing. I would have hated missing out on these subs.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences

Last edited by Hopinater; 06-19-2019 at 01:49 PM.
post #49443 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 02:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked: 1642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pradeep2 View Post
Minidsp 2x4HD does have problems with hiss, which is why you generally wouldn't use them for higher frequencies, normally this wouldn't be a problem for subs but if they are higher sensitivity....

https://www.minidsp.com/forum/hardwa...ss-noise-floor

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I've had few friends who did add minidsp in the chain and got audible hiss out of the subs but then the hiss went away when they swapped all their sub cables to blue jeans LC1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
High sensitivity drivers such as these aren't going to make noise themselves. What they will do is make any amplified noise easier to hear vs a less sensitive driver. I suspect some noise (EMI/RFI/RSI) in @tbass2k 's environment is making it's way into the pre-amp stage. Adjusting the gain and crossover knobs should reveal this and allow mitigation.
Yes, sometimes higher noise floor in AVR or somewhere in signal chain would cause this. Sometimes even power cable laying close to subwoofer cable. But if everything is disconnected with just the power cable only it has to be the subwoofer amp or the noise coming from the outlet or something? Glad you are helping out your cousin.....and keep all of us updated on how you solved it if it does.

Theater room: Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Outlaw Audio 976 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panny 60 inch | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Axiom Audio M60/VP150/QS8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49444 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 02:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked: 1642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ol View Post
I could be mistaken, but he can only hear it when everything is off, no content playing. So yes, 8 ft away, but a totally quiet room. See his quote below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbass2k View Post
Exactly

Ok, that's good to know you only hear it in perfect quiet room but 8 feet away is still not comfortable with me. You don't happen to have bionic ears do ya? At least we all will try to help you resolve it.

Theater room: Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Outlaw Audio 976 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panny 60 inch | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Axiom Audio M60/VP150/QS8
post #49445 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 02:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1118 Post(s)
Liked: 2504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
High sensitivity drivers such as these aren't going to make noise themselves. What they will do is make any amplified noise easier to hear vs a less sensitive driver. I suspect some noise (EMI/RFI/RSI) in @tbass2k 's environment is making it's way into the pre-amp stage. Adjusting the gain and crossover knobs should reveal this and allow mitigation.
A noise heard from the MLP 8' away is a little different than one's head next to the woofer.
Pre-emptive reaction? Trolls feed on reactions/overreactions. Don't feed them. Once an issue is resolved it is then a non-issue. Let's focus on the issue and resolve it.

In full disclosure, @tbass2k is my cousin. I recommended the IPALs. We did not invent this issue. I only learned of it today when I read his post.
[Pre-empt] (but I'm sure we'll have feigned outrage about it from some conspiracy theorists). [/pre-empt]
I have dealt with ground loop/hum noise twice the past 3 months. I had a surge protector/ powerline conditioner that my projector was hooked up to that was inducing a hum into all my equipment so I had to take that piece of equipment out of the chain. It was 16 years old so it did its job. My 2nd occurrence was when I switch from Directv to Comcast cable and WOW was that hum nasty. It was playing loud through all my speakers EXCEPT my subs, weird, right. I was able to resolve the issue with an $18.00 Isolation Transformer/ Ground loop Isolator from Amazon.
MentatYP and Hopinater like this.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Marantz SR7013 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 monoblocks, 7.4.2 Atmos, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, 2 Volt 6 Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, 2 LaVoce 21inch Neo DIY subs and 2 PSA S3600I'S.
post #49446 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 02:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 868 Post(s)
Liked: 1201
Wife is getting home a little later than me today, so I was able to shake things up a bit. Quickly found the limits of the UMIK-1 at -11 master volume. Audyssey put me at -8.5 on the sub channel after I lowered the subs 12 dB in the miniDSP. After Audyssey, I returned the miniDSP to 0 dB, and added a house curve shelf resulting in +6 dB at 10 Hz tapering down to 0 dB at 80 Hz. I also bumped the sub channel in the receiver from -8.5 to -5.5, giving me a total hotness of +15 dB overall on the subs, increasing to +21 dB overall at 10 Hz if you include the house curve. Yeah, I know. I actually dialed it back to -11.5 in the receiver for a total of +9 dB on the subs (plus the house curve) during Captain Marvel with BEQ, it was a little too much otherwise.

Anyway, here we go:

The weirdness around 20 Hz happens with any subs, I think it's some kind of room effect. I have tried to EQ it out in the past, and it just gets weirder, so I'm leaving it alone.

I have attached the .mdat to this post if anyone wants to look at some crazy-good distortion numbers. They only get a little out of hand on the very last sweep, which had some mic clipping and probably shouldn't even be counted.

I looked for the 60 Hz buzz (which again, I can only hear with my ear against the grill cloth) on the REW RTA and didn't see it against the background noise. With Spectroid from my seat on the couch, you can see the energy at 60 Hz, but not hear it in any way. The first image is with the subs on, cables plugged in, but no signal sent:

Then, I turned off the receiver/subs and got this:

So yeah, I have detectable noise at 60 Hz, but I'm much more inclined to blame my cheapo cables (which run alongside power cables at some points) and maybe the miniDSP than I am the sub itself. Maybe I'll order some shielded cabled from Blue Jeans, maybe I won't. It's not a real issue I need to solve, so I won't worry about it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tv36ipal compression.zip (865.3 KB, 18 views)
MentatYP, oneeyeblind and Pradeep2 like this.
post #49447 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 02:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratbuddy View Post
Wife is getting home a little later than me today, so I was able to shake things up a bit. Quickly found the limits of the UMIK-1 at -11 master volume. Audyssey put me at -8.5 on the sub channel after I lowered the subs 12 dB in the miniDSP. After Audyssey, I returned the miniDSP to 0 dB, and added a house curve shelf resulting in +6 dB at 10 Hz tapering down to 0 dB at 80 Hz. I also bumped the sub channel in the receiver from -8.5 to -5.5, giving me a total hotness of +15 dB overall on the subs, increasing to +21 dB overall at 10 Hz if you include the house curve. Yeah, I know. I actually dialed it back to -11.5 in the receiver for a total of +9 dB on the subs (plus the house curve) during Captain Marvel with BEQ, it was a little too much otherwise.

Anyway, here we go:

The weirdness around 20 Hz happens with any subs, I think it's some kind of room effect. I have tried to EQ it out in the past, and it just gets weirder, so I'm leaving it alone.

I have attached the .mdat to this post if anyone wants to look at some crazy-good distortion numbers. They only get a little out of hand on the very last sweep, which had some mic clipping and probably shouldn't even be counted.

I looked for the 60 Hz buzz (which again, I can only hear with my ear against the grill cloth) on the REW RTA and didn't see it against the background noise. With Spectroid from my seat on the couch, you can see the energy at 60 Hz, but not hear it in any way. The first image is with the subs on, cables plugged in, but no signal sent:

Then, I turned off the receiver/subs and got this:

So yeah, I have detectable noise at 60 Hz, but I'm much more inclined to blame my cheapo cables (which run alongside power cables at some points) and maybe the miniDSP than I am the sub itself. Maybe I'll order some shielded cabled from Blue Jeans, maybe I won't. It's not a real issue I need to solve, so I won't worry about it.

Nice, reference to around 13-14hz. Are you running dual iPals?

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Marantz SR7013 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 monoblocks, 7.4.2 Atmos, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, 2 Volt 6 Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, 2 LaVoce 21inch Neo DIY subs and 2 PSA S3600I'S.
post #49448 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 02:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post
Nice, reference to around 13-14hz. Are you running dual iPals?
I am. Consider editing the photo links out of my post you quoted? They are kinda huge :P

edit: Oh, remember - mic clipping is the limit here, the subs were barely breaking a sweat. REW was set to measure at -12 dBFS, and the receiver was on -11, plenty of knobs to turn up further, but the mic ran out of headroom and my sliding door was starting to move a little too much
oneeyeblind and gbreda like this.
post #49449 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 02:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I have a question for any and all. My cheap Windows computer pretty much doesn't play well with REW... like not at all. I usually use Mac computers and have a few that work great but I can't find a proper set up for REW for Macs anywhere, they used to exist but I can't find it. Does anyone know where a link might be for Macs. Also, does mini dsp work on Apple computers? If I can get things working on my Mac then I won't need to buy a Windows computer.

Another question. What's a good Windows computer (moderate price) that REW likes?
oneeyeblind likes this.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

post #49450 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 02:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Quoted: 2960 Post(s)
Liked: 3778
Quote:
I have a question for any and all. My cheap Windows computer pretty much doesn't play well with REW... like not at all. I usually use Mac computers and have a few that work great but I can't find a proper set up for REW for Macs anywhere, they used to exist but I can't find it. Does anyone know where a link might be for Macs. Also, does mini dsp work on Apple computers? If I can get things working on my Mac then I won't need to buy a Windows computer.

Another question. What's a good Windows computer (moderate price) that REW likes?

Hop, Enrico uses a minidsp with a Mac so I know it works. Have you looked in latest version of the guide in Jerry’s signature? I think any decent Laptop around $400-500 should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hopinater likes this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #49451 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Quote:

^^^^^^Ditto, I bought a refurb $350 Dell that works well.

I know Enrico uses mac with REW and miniDSP without any problems.

https://www.avnirvana.com/resources/...a-downloads.1/

This should get you the DL for mac.

Todd
oneeyeblind and Hopinater like this.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Last edited by toddct; 06-19-2019 at 03:04 PM.
post #49452 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 643 Post(s)
Liked: 1412
I got a new dell and it sees my UMIK microphone but says is unavailable always and can’t figure a way around it

So I have given up on it temporarily and the new subs arrive tomorrow

Marantz 7011- Panasonic UB-820- Xbox One X - Epson HC 5050UB *Calibrated by ChadB* - Elite Screen's 2:35:1 AT 115' - PSA MTM 110's L/C/R - Mixed Surrounds - SVS Elevations Atmos X2 - Dual PSA TV36 B&C Neo's *MiniDSP HD* Took the Red Pill BEQ
post #49453 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 03:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 278 Post(s)
Quoted: 3870 Post(s)
Liked: 4758
Quote:

REW for Mac not only works, it works 10 times better than on Windows as you don't need ASIO drivers or anything like that. It's just plug and play. I have been using REW for Mac for the last 7 years without a single issue. Last year got a high performance Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga all loaded up and tried REW and gave up 10 mins later. As soon you get your MacBook Pro working with REW, there is no way to go back to Windows version. You can ask @bear123 as I gave him some tips as to how configure his MacBook Pro to work properly with REW and he is very happy with the results. Shoot me a PM and I will get you setup in 20 mins. Just my 2 cents.

PS: Yes, my miniDSP 2x4 HD works perfectly with my MacBook Pro. I have 3 x Mac computers in my house, all of them running latest OS and all of them work with miniDSP 2x4 HD, Dirac Live and REW.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |

Last edited by enricoclaudio; 06-19-2019 at 03:12 PM.
post #49454 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallingMrBenzo View Post
I got a new dell and it sees my UMIK microphone but says is unavailable always and can’t figure a way around it

So I have given up on it temporarily and the new subs arrive tomorrow

I got a fix for you on that too. Figured that out with lots of google, time and a sh** ton of curse words. If I understand your problem correctly, it should work. It does for me and takes about 30 sec.

Assuming REW is alreay open:

1. Go to microsoft Task manager.
2. Go to the Services tab
3. Right click on Audiosrv
4. Stop Service
5. Go back to Rew and reload/refresh the Asio driver and it should pop up under the mic section
6. Go back to the Audiosrv
7. Right click and turn the service back on

That should get the umik to pop up. PM me if it doesn't and we can walk through it.

Todd

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
post #49455 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 03:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 331 Post(s)
Quoted: 2651 Post(s)
Liked: 3641
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
REW for Mac not only works, it works 10 times better than on Windows as you don't need ASIO drivers or anything like that. It's just plug and play. I have been using REW for Mac for the last 7 years without a single issue. Last year got a high performance Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga all loaded up and tried REW and gave up 10 mins later. As soon you get your MacBook Pro working with REW, there is no way to go back to Windows version. You can ask @bear123 as I gave him some tips as to how configure his MacBook Pro to work properly with REW and he is very happy with the results. Shoot me a PM and I will get you setup in 20 mins. Just my 2 cents.

PS: Yes, my miniDSP 2x4 HD works perfectly with my MacBook Pro. I have 3 x Mac computers in my house, all of them running latest OS and all of them work with miniDSP 2x4 HD, Dirac Live and REW.

Yup, agree with Enrico here, Mac works wonder with both REW and Minidsp! So go for it.

Dual Atmos Receivers - Atmos 13.1.8/DTS X 9.1.8/Auro 3D 13.1 - Denon AVCX8500H+AVRX7200WA - Klipsch+KEF - 6xSI18" - 12xJBL 12" w/6xSLAPS M12 downfiring VNF - 3x2 stacked Crowson MA - 4xBK-LFE - 6xNU6K(fan&trig mod) - Minidsp 10x10HD - Oppo UDP203 - XBox OneX - Apple TV4K - JVC RS600 Dreamscreen V2 120"- Philips 65OLED873.
Nalleh’s HT
post #49456 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 03:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post

Awesome... Thank you Enrico. I'll PM you a little later.

post #49457 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 03:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quick Update regarding the hiss tbass has. I just put my ear right up to the driver and there is a slight hiss. You can't hear it unless you have your ear right up an inch from the driver and then it is very quiet but if you listen closely it is there. So I stand corrected. It's a non issue but I wanted to clarify.

post #49458 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 04:31 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 250 Post(s)
Quoted: 5569 Post(s)
Liked: 5167
Quote:
Quick Update regarding the hiss tbass has. I just put my ear right up to the driver and there is a slight hiss. You can't hear it unless you have your ear right up an inch from the driver and then it is very quiet but if you listen closely it is there. So I stand corrected. It's a non issue but I wanted to clarify.
Does it vary with the gain control?
post #49459 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 04:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
Hop, is your crossover knob engaged on the sub? Also where is your sub gain knob approximately? Mine is at about 10 or 11 o'clock. Are you running the subs directly to the wall on the same circuit?

post #49460 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 04:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
Quoted: 3645 Post(s)
Liked: 4819
Quote:
Wife is getting home a little later than me today, so I was able to shake things up a bit. Quickly found the limits of the UMIK-1 at -11 master volume.
It's time to do the sensitivity tweak.
GeoJustGeo likes this.

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Noesis 212HT. Surrounds: Jamo C103, KEF Q100, Polk Audio RTiA3.
Subwoofer: JTR Captivator 4000ULF.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Samsung UN75NU8000FXZA.

FS: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3
post #49461 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 04:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbass2k View Post
Hop, is your crossover knob engaged on the sub? Also where is your sub gain knob approximately? Mine is at about 10 or 11 o'clock. Are you running the subs directly to the wall on the same circuit?

Remember any component or device plugged into the same circuit your electronics is on will/can raise the floor noise, especially if the component's transformer is noisy.
oneeyeblind likes this.

post #49462 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 04:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
It's time to do the sensitivity tweak.
Not sure I feel like messing with a CSL UMIK, when I did it to my other UMIK the dip switches didn't work like they were supposed to..
post #49463 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 04:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Not sure I feel like messing with a CSL UMIK, when I did it to my other UMIK the dip switches didn't work like they were supposed to..
What master volume do you listen at? As long as your not adding gain below 13hz you should be ok.

post #49464 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 04:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
What master volume do you listen at? As long as your not adding gain below 13hz you should be ok.
Movies we're generally -10 or lower, so we'll be fine.
post #49465 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
He's talking about adjusting the gain on the umik to keep from clipping the mic during compression sweeps I think.

ratbuddy likes this.

Equipment: Yamaha 3050, Oppo 103d, DIYSG HT12s (L,C,R), PSA mt 110s (SR,SL), 2 VBSS, Submaximus, 4 driver BOSS build, umik-1, Epson 3700
post #49466 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 05:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Quoted: 2960 Post(s)
Liked: 3778
Quote:

I think he means boost below 13hz

Mike Butny likes this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #49467 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 05:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceDH View Post
He's talking about adjusting the gain on the umik to keep from clipping the mic during compression sweeps I think.
Yeah, that's what I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
I was just replying to the person who asked what volume I watch at.
post #49468 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 05:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceDH View Post

I know. I was just curious what's the highest MV he listens to.

post #49469 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 05:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yep.

post #49470 of 52710 Old 06-19-2019, 05:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post

Yep. I thought I read he was boosting below 13hz in his miniDSP.

Edit: He's adding a 6db house curse from 10hz-80hz so he's fine.

Last edited by Mike Butny; 06-19-2019 at 05:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
chuffitychuffchuff , chuffmaster , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , hr chuff'n'stuff , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , psa , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , s3000i , s7201 , tv36 , v1500 , V1800 , v1801 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page