Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 1675 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 64718Likes

post #50221 of 52337 Old 07-12-2019, 08:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 945 Post(s)
Liked: 1017
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPURR DBL NKL View Post
V1811 Good, Bad and hopefully more good?

So I am jockeying myself into position with my much better half, to get a V1811 in the hopefully not too distant future. I would be coming from a PB-2000. I was talking to Tom in chat a few days ago and know that output wise, this is leaps and bounds beyond my PB-2000. What I want to know, is how the V1811 sounds and behaves. I love the quickness and to my ears tight bass of my PB-2000 (my first real sub, so it's all I have to go on), will the V1811 sound clean and tight, or is it all smash you in the face tactile response?

Port chuff under normal circumstances, or at all no matter what? Not gain maxed, AVR trim at 0 and MV of 0. I listen at most -10 MV. I run my PB-2000 high enough gain (gain at about 1 o'clock), to return a -11.5 intial trim in Audyssey XT32 during cal, then add +3db afterwards. Not sure if that is really hot or not, just putting it out there as an idea of where I set it.

Will it dig at least as low as my PB-2000?

I want the holy cow shock effect, if I am able to get the V1811, but want it to sound clean and good too.

Forgive me if I haven't worded things properly, just ask and I'll elaborate as best as I can.

Edit: spelling
I came from the sub right before the PB-2000 which is the PB12-NSD. I enjoyed it but just like you as my first "real" sub, I got curious to what else was out there. I was set on a v1500 but last min I saw a v1801 in the outlet and thought to myself, if i liked the 12 I gotta check out the 18, so I did!

It was amazing! I think it will blow away most new comers to big bass. You're gonna be very happy with your purchase! It's also gonna make you say 1 of 2 things.

1- Omg this is a lot of bass, I can't see myself with 2 of these!

2- Omg this is a lot of bass, I need 2 of these!

And no matter which one you say and do....stay off this forum after that!!!!

If not, you might see yourself with a TV36 IPAL next year. And I know what you're thinking, "oh no man no way, that's too big and/or cost too much money"....yup....i thought so too once myself but here I am contemplating that very move lol, seriously tho.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #50222 of 52337 Old 07-12-2019, 08:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizrussspike View Post
Quote:
I would love first hand experiences from V1811 owners. For that kind of $$, I want to just be dumb founded in awe, at how it sounds, lol.
Yea it is something spending that kind of $. I went from Polk 505, and after following this thread, ordered an XV15SE. Even a few years ago I was loving it, so much Tom sold me another one. Captivated, I loved the upgrade, But as time went on and reading this thread again, OI ordered a V3600. After almost killing myself getting this monster into the house and downstairs, I immediately hooked it up, and was AMAZED! I really think that you would love the upgrade, plus the CS is 2nd to NONE! You can read that all over, but also experienced that on a Friday evening about 6 p.m., as Tom called to walk me thru a few things. After that, I was sold, PSA all the way! Nice car in your avatar by the way.
Thank you sir. My next sub will be PSA, whenever it happens. Yeah the car is money spender number 1, HT number 2, lol.
post #50223 of 52337 Old 07-12-2019, 08:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoJustGeo View Post
Quote:
V1811 Good, Bad and hopefully more good?

So I am jockeying myself into position with my much better half, to get a V1811 in the hopefully not too distant future. I would be coming from a PB-2000. I was talking to Tom in chat a few days ago and know that output wise, this is leaps and bounds beyond my PB-2000. What I want to know, is how the V1811 sounds and behaves. I love the quickness and to my ears tight bass of my PB-2000 (my first real sub, so it's all I have to go on), will the V1811 sound clean and tight, or is it all smash you in the face tactile response?

Port chuff under normal circumstances, or at all no matter what? Not gain maxed, AVR trim at 0 and MV of 0. I listen at most -10 MV. I run my PB-2000 high enough gain (gain at about 1 o'clock), to return a -11.5 intial trim in Audyssey XT32 during cal, then add +3db afterwards. Not sure if that is really hot or not, just putting it out there as an idea of where I set it.

Will it dig at least as low as my PB-2000?

I want the holy cow shock effect, if I am able to get the V1811, but want it to sound clean and good too.

Forgive me if I haven't worded things properly, just ask and I'll elaborate as best as I can.

Edit: spelling
I came from the sub right before the PB-2000 which is the PB12-NSD. I enjoyed it but just like you as my first "real" sub, I got curious to what else was out there. I was set on a v1500 but last min I saw a v1801 in the outlet and thought to myself, if i liked the 12 I gotta check out the 18, so I did!

It was amazing! I think it will blow away most new comers to big bass. You're gonna be very happy with your purchase! It's also gonna make you say 1 of 2 things.

1- Omg this is a lot of bass, I can't see myself with 2 of these!

2- Omg this is a lot of bass, I need 2 of these!

If not, you might see yourself with a TV36 IPAL next year. And I know what you're thinking, "oh no man no way, that's too big and/or cost too much money"....yup....i thought so too once myself but here I am contemplating that very move lol, seriously tho.
Believe me, at what the V1811 cost it won't be upgraded anytime soon. I've had the PB for 4 years and just now am looking to upgrade. Like I said in my other post, my avatar gets the big money spent on her. Thanks for your input on the V1801. Hopefully it works out and I can swing it.
GeoJustGeo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #50224 of 52337 Old 07-12-2019, 08:34 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 985
Quote:

How true. When the Klipsch Sub-12 that I had for 12 years died, I decided that I would budget a little more for its replacement at $500. After finding this forum and doing some research, I opted to really stretch my budget to get a V1501 from the outlet. I was blown away by the upgrade and was set for the next 12 years. Unfortunately, I didn't get off the forums and soon jumped on a second V1501 from the outlet because 2 is always better than 1. Next thing you know, one of the V1501s got upgraded to a V1801 and then the other to a V1811. Obviously, if you look at my signature, I didn't stop there and that originally $500 budget has long since been forgotten.

Electronics: Denon X4400, Vizio M65
Sub: PSA TV36-iPal
Speakers: 3 x Chane A2.4 LCR, Klipsch Quintet Surrounds
post #50225 of 52337 Old 07-13-2019, 12:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucks0 View Post
Quote:
I would love first hand experiences from V1811 owners. For that kind of $$, I want to just be dumb founded in awe, at how it sounds, lol.
I had a pair of V1811 subs before I traded them in for the TV36. The V1811 is a unique sub based on its price, size, performance ratio. With a pair, running 8 db hot with dynamic EQ on and master volume of -10, I never heard any chuffing. If I had purchased them and stayed off the forums, I would likely had kept them for a very long time and been in sub nirvana. Of course, the PSA trade in program makes it so easy to try new things . . .
Thanks man. I'll be single sub only. How'd you like the performance and sound? Oh and you silly kids and your TV36's, lol.
post #50226 of 52337 Old 07-13-2019, 05:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Quote:
Thanks man. I'll be single sub only. How'd you like the performance and sound? Oh and you silly kids and your TV36's, lol.

I have a v1800 in my living room setup and 2xv1811 in my dedicated theatre, if u feel u may be let down, I can assure you you won't be! As far as chuffing goes, forget about it? believe me. That whole conversation is nonsense in my opinion, unless of course your only goal is to make them chuff?(roll eyes) love my subs, literally haven't got one bad thing to say!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #50227 of 52337 Old 07-13-2019, 08:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly.mcaloney View Post
Quote:

I have a v1800 in my living room setup and 2xv1811 in my dedicated theatre, if u feel u may be let down, I can assure you you won't be! As far as chuffing goes, forget about it? believe me. That whole conversation is nonsense in my opinion, unless of course your only goal is to make them chuff?(roll eyes) love my subs, literally haven't got one bad thing to say!

Thank you. I wasn't worried about chuffing, just wanted to ask. I know it'll punch me in the face with bass, I just wanted to know if it'd hug me too, lol. Thanks man. Now I really gotta get to work, to hopefully get it in the house. 🙂
post #50228 of 52337 Old 07-13-2019, 08:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 945 Post(s)
Liked: 1017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post

I would turn Audy off and default all speaker and sub setting and raise the crossover on the speakers at their highest point. You now want to run some sweeps and adjust the delay on the NF sub until you get the best response ( both subs combined) and then run AUDY.
Thank you, I've never done this process before but I'm always down to try new ways of dialing my subs in. Even tho I have a better understanding of bass now than when I came into this game at the start of last year, I still consider myself a beginner....maybe a intermediate beginner if you will lol.

Do you have a minidsp? I read those can introduce delay as well. Mine came in yesterday but I haven't had the time to mess with it yet.

Any advice is always welcomed, thank you again.
post #50229 of 52337 Old 07-13-2019, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 2304 Post(s)
Liked: 1625
Quote:
Thank you, I've never done this process before but I'm always down to try new ways of dialing my subs in. Even tho I have a better understanding of bass now than when I came into this game at the start of last year, I still consider myself a beginner....maybe a intermediate beginner if you will lol.

Do you have a minidsp? I read those can introduce delay as well. Mine came in yesterday but I haven't had the time to mess with it yet.

Minidsp 2x4HD has 2-3ms delay
GeoJustGeo likes this.

Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels
post #50230 of 52337 Old 07-13-2019, 11:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 3506 Post(s)
Liked: 10879
Quote:

I'm in the same boat as you, I got my minidsp 2X4HD last week but haven't set it up yet. I need to set a side a day and do it but I haven't found the time yet, every time I think I'll get the chance a new job comes up that I have to take care of.
Mike Butny and GeoJustGeo like this.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
post #50231 of 52337 Old 07-13-2019, 06:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 3035 Post(s)
Liked: 10324
Hi all,

Quick update on the dual 21ipal.

It's the real deal. I haven't even gotten the DSP or tuning 100% optimized and it still is forcing me to at least CONSIDER going to production. I really, really did not want to feel that way to be 100% honest. Just the complications involved in moving, finishing, assembling something this large = "big pain" factor on multiple levels. The s7201 is larger and heavier yes. But something tells me this one may sell in much higher quantities.

Which leads me to an important question. How big is too big for the marketplace? The first proto type is 24" wide, 28" deep and 54" tall(with nylon standoffs(legs)).

The width really can't get smaller. The depth...MAYBE an inch(ish). The height, I might be able to trim it to about 52 tall in proto-type V2.

So let's call it 24 wide, 28 deep(with grill), and 52 tall for now.(I still have do some simulations to be sure these dims will be ok)

The TV36 is 20 wide, 27 deep, 48 tall.

That puts this beast at 4 inch wider, 1 inch deeper, 4 inch taller.

I doubt the depth is a variable for anyone. But the width and height? Myabe a dealer break for some or even most?

Just based on subjective testing/ear tests I'd say this is similar to dual TV36ipal. Call it(roughly) 3 tv36neo and close to 4 tv36base.

I'm still trying to work some logistics magic to keep final costing down but I'm not there yet. I can say with complete certainly the pricing won't increase at the same rate as the performance gains I just outlined. In other words, it won't be double the tv36ipal or even close to that. But let's not pretend it will be $3500 either...we need to stay on planet Earth..

I mean, these are BIG. BUT, duals would be similar to EIGHT of the tv36base.

Tom V.
Team Power.
spyboy, tbass2k, Alan P and 20 others like this.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep,
post #50232 of 52337 Old 07-13-2019, 06:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 215 Post(s)
Quoted: 2857 Post(s)
Liked: 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
Hi all,

It's the real deal. I haven't even gotten the DSP or tuning 100% optimized and it still is forcing me to at least CONSIDER going to production. I really, really did not want to feel that way to be 100% honest. Just the complications involved in moving, finishing, assembling something this large = "big pain" factor on multiple levels. The s7201 is larger and heavier yes. But something tells me this one may sell in much higher quantities.

Which leads me to an important question. How big is too big for the marketplace? The first proto type is 24" wide, 28" deep and 54" tall(with nylon standoffs(legs)).

The width really can't get smaller. The depth...MAYBE an inch(ish). The height, I might be able to trim it to about 52 tall in proto-type V2.

So let's call it 24 wide, 28 deep(with grill), and 52 tall for now.(I still have do some simulations to be sure these dims will be ok)

I doubt the depth is a variable for anyone. But the width and height? Myabe a dealer break for some or even most?

Just based on subjective testing/ear tests I'd say this is similar to dual TV36ipal. Call it(roughly) 3 tv36neo and close to 4 tv36base.

I'm still trying to work some logistics magic to keep final costing down but I'm not there yet. I can say with complete certainly the pricing won't increase at the same rate as the performance gains I just outlined. In other words, it won't be double the tv36ipal or even close to that. But let's not pretend it will be $3500 either...we need to stay on planet Earth..

Tom V.

Team Power.

Any idea of potential price range yet Tom?

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #50233 of 52337 Old 07-13-2019, 06:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1679 Post(s)
Liked: 4896
I want one!!
CallingMrBenzo and flat4 like this.
post #50234 of 52337 Old 07-13-2019, 06:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 3035 Post(s)
Liked: 10324
Quote:
Originally Posted by subacabra View Post
I want one!!
Serial number 1(and 2 who are we kidding?) already spoken for

Tom V.
Team Power.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep,
post #50235 of 52337 Old 07-13-2019, 06:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
Any idea of potential price range yet Tom?

Based on his comments - More than $3500, less than $6000. If TV36 ipal will be $3500 after promo price, I'd guess $4500.
spyboy, vardo and CallingMrBenzo like this.

Last edited by bargugl; 07-13-2019 at 06:56 PM.
post #50236 of 52337 Old 07-13-2019, 06:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 215 Post(s)
Quoted: 2857 Post(s)
Liked: 3584
Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargugl View Post
Based on his comments - More than $3500, less than $6000. If TV36 ipal will be $3500 after promo price, I'd guess $4500. $4000 if we are very lucky.

This would be one to have just for bragging rights

SuperFist and subacabra like this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD

Last edited by imureh; 07-13-2019 at 07:04 PM.
post #50237 of 52337 Old 07-13-2019, 07:13 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 1393
Great now I’m gonna fight with the wife endlessly now

Thanks Tom!

Marantz 7011- Panasonic UB-820- Xbox One X - Epson HC 5050UB *Calibrated by ChadB* - Elite Screen's 2:35:1 AT 115' - PSA MTM 110's L/C/R - Mixed Surrounds - SVS Elevations Atmos X2 - Dual PSA TV36 B&C Neo's *MiniDSP HD* Took the Red Pill BEQ
post #50238 of 52337 Old 07-13-2019, 07:27 PM
AVS ***** Member

Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Quoted: 5482 Post(s)
Liked: 10464
FWIW, I don't think that dimensions of approximately 54" (or 52") by 24" by 28" will be a deal breaker for people who really want these subs. (I have a pair of speakers that are 52" tall by 36" wide by 18" deep and I wouldn't trade them for anything.) And, the way that the TV36's have already sold, with the only serious variable here being the height, is an indication of how little the size matters to the right customers.

At some point, many sub owners will have to tap out, either from performance satisfaction with their current subs, or from size/weight constraints, or from cost. But, just considering the size issue, the Cap 4000's have sold well at the dimensions of 41" by 39.5" by 20.5" and I think those dimensions are probably harder to accommodate in most rooms. I think that the space race is fun to watch, and I have no doubt that the dual 21" iPal's will attract buyers, even at a necessarily premium price.

Regards,
Mike

GUIDE TO SUBWOOFER CALIBRATION AND BASS PREFERENCES

* The Guide linked above is a comprehensive guide to Audio & HT systems, including:
Speaker placements & Room treatments; HT calibration & Room EQ; Room gain; Bass
Preferences; Subwoofer Buyer's Guide: Sealed/ported; ID subs; Subwoofer placement.
post #50239 of 52337 Old 07-13-2019, 08:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1823 Post(s)
Liked: 1872
Quote:
I'd say this is similar to dual TV36ipal.

NOW we're talking!
post #50240 of 52337 Old 07-13-2019, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 590
Quote:
Hi all,

Tom V.
Team Power.

This would be too big for my space. That being said, it would be a good sub to challenge the JTR4000 (not that this is necessarily what you are trying to do). The depth of the 4000 is pretty deep. Although this sub would be a taller than the 4000, the fact that the depth is significantly less may make it more attractive to some.

HOWEVER, doing a single vented ipal 21, or a single vented ipal 18 might sell more units than the dual 21. Or maybe do all three? Just saying...
Phil1975m likes this.
post #50241 of 52337 Old 07-13-2019, 09:24 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Quoted: 2520 Post(s)
Liked: 2610
Very nice! Will it be tuned the same as the TV36 ipal? These will be some of the best subs you can buy, period. I like the way you are headed. The dual 21 ipal on DB sealed has some serious numbers all around, now add some spl from porting and bingo. This will be one helluva sub!

Building the room, speakers, and subs.
post #50242 of 52337 Old 07-13-2019, 10:31 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 9294
Quote:
Hi all,

Tom V.
Team Power.
I'm sure Hop already gave you his PayPal. Lol
post #50243 of 52337 Old 07-14-2019, 12:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 1869
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
Personally my $$$'s are on Jeffrey ( @ahblaza ) for no's 1&2

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives
post #50244 of 52337 Old 07-14-2019, 06:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked: 1159
Quote:
Serial number 1(and 2 who are we kidding?) already spoken for

Tom V.
Team Power.
Finally upgrading your own subs? Last I recall, you were using something antique from SVS.
oneeyeblind and rhelliott2 like this.
post #50245 of 52337 Old 07-14-2019, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Poor Hop
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #50246 of 52337 Old 07-14-2019, 11:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
HEYY!!!! I'm not that weak!

Oh who am I kidding.... yes I am.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

post #50247 of 52337 Old 07-14-2019, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
HEYY!!!! I'm not that weak!

Oh who am I kidding.... yes I am.
I did do a quick check with the tape measure.

Electronics: Denon X4400, Vizio M65
Sub: PSA TV36-iPal
Speakers: 3 x Chane A2.4 LCR, Klipsch Quintet Surrounds
post #50248 of 52337 Old 07-14-2019, 11:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1460 Post(s)
Liked: 2070
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucks0 View Post
I did do a quick check with the tape measure.
SO, does it fit in the Civic?

8hz ULF TR for the masses and the Cashless. Like a BOSS

If you can't stand behind our troops stand in front of them
post #50249 of 52337 Old 07-14-2019, 11:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tom I don't think those dimensions will put off any potential buyers who are seriously looking to buy a sub of this power and magnitude. Let's be honest, if you are going to buy a big sub then if it has to have a large dimension it's probably best to make it the height. The depth and width aren't much different than the TV36 and the height is free real estate in most rooms (no different than a high rise in a city).

I think your real limitation when it comes to having a high number of buyers will be price point. But you knew that when you announced this beast a few months ago... "a subwoofer where price was of little concern." So IMO potential buyers will expect to pay a premium for this high quality of a sub and they won't be too concerned if comes in around $4500 to $5000. And that's worth it if it has the output and sound signature of dual TV36 iPals. In fact, that would be a bargain.

Man oh Man that sub is going to be incredible.

post #50250 of 52337 Old 07-14-2019, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Tom I don't think those dimensions will put off any potential buyers who are seriously looking to buy a sub of this power and magnitude. Let's be honest, if you are going to buy a big sub then if it has to have a large dimension it's probably best to make it the height. The depth and width aren't much different than the TV36 and the height is free real estate in most rooms (no different than a high rise in a city).

I think your real limitation when it comes to having a high number of buyers will be price point. But you knew that when you announced this beast a few months ago... "a subwoofer where price was of little concern." So IMO potential buyers will expect to pay a premium for this high quality of a sub and they won't be too concerned if comes in around $4500 to $5000. And that's worth it if it has the output and sound signature of dual TV36 iPals. In fact, that would be a bargain.

Man oh Man that sub is going to be incredible.
You sir, need stay away from here a while, at least until your iPals have settled in, lol. You must resist, "This isn't the mega-subwoofer you're looking for." 😉
oneeyeblind, sk373 and Hopinater like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
chuffitychuffchuff , chuffmaster , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , hr chuff'n'stuff , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , psa , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , s3000i , s7201 , tv36 , v1500 , V1800 , v1801 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page