Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 1703 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 61854Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #51061 of 51133 Old 08-13-2019, 05:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 6,603
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3389 Post(s)
Liked: 10289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post
Well said Hop and exciting times ahead for all customers. Those 1st-time customers or customers who have been waiting to add another sub will now have a chance at plenty of B-stock subs coming in the outlet center. This is a great way to build a great subsystem at a discount. I wanted to add for those that are not going to upgrade or for those 1st time costumers who choose PSA's current drivers that you are getting a great subwoofer so please do not think otherwise. I know in my other post I use the term the sleepy giant is awoken but in all reality, as you pointed out Tom was just waiting for the restraints to be removed so he can move PSA forward.
Great point Mike. We have all been long time PSA owners because PSA has always made great subs so the older versions are awesome subs and are great to own. It's just now PSA is charging forward by adding a whole new level of subwoofer to its stable of already great subwoofers. Right now is the right time to be getting into this hobby.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
Hopinater is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #51062 of 51133 Old 08-13-2019, 06:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gbreda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,012
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Liked: 1023
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
Looks like my 15's will be getting NEO's.
Off here for several weeks and more information in the wind.

BH upgrading to 15" NEO for ported-thats a good sign. Wonder how much my original S3000i's would get a kick in the ass from NEO as well or would a trade/replace be in order?

Could the S3000i sleeper still remain the hidden jewel or will the updated S36XX reign?
gbreda is offline  
post #51063 of 51133 Old 08-13-2019, 06:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoDrone View Post
Now on to the wife.... I remember that Michael Jackson video where the kid has that giant guitar amp and tells his dad to eat this! So the wife thinks the Velodyne is too much?!?, I will be like Scarface and Say hello to my lil friend IPAL36!
My wife still thinks I'm crazy, but she admits that the system sounds great.

Electronics: Denon X4400, Vizio M65
Sub: PSA TV36-iPal
Speakers: 3 x Chane A2.4 LCR, Klipsch Quintet Surrounds
chucks0 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #51064 of 51133 Old 08-13-2019, 06:49 PM
Member
 
rhelliott2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
Looks like my 15's will be getting NEO's.
I would also like to upgrade my 15inch to Neos.

Good thing I didn't buy a 2nd V1510 yet...I'll just wait for the upgraded V1510

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
CallingMrBenzo and basshead81 like this.
rhelliott2 is offline  
post #51065 of 51133 Old 08-13-2019, 08:35 PM
Senior Member
 
auceny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 306
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
Only MacBook Pros from mid-2010 and up support HDMI (audio included) over Display Port/Thunderbolt 1 and 2. For that you will need a DisplayPort/Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter. If your MacBook Pro is from late-2009, then it does not support HDMI, only DVI Video and no audio. You can check that on the "REW for MacOS" guide on my signature.
Just checked and it's a 13 inch MacBook Air from Late 2010 which looks to have mini displayport. Does that mean I can get a displayport to hdmi adapter and it will do video and audio?

Sony XBR-65X900E, Xbox One X, Denon 3400
4.2.2 Dual v3601, PSA 210T L/R, HTM-200se Surround, BA SoundWare Atmos
auceny is online now  
post #51066 of 51133 Old 08-13-2019, 09:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,620
Mentioned: 265 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3696 Post(s)
Liked: 4470
Quote:
Originally Posted by auceny View Post
Just checked and it's a 13 inch MacBook Air from Late 2010 which looks to have mini displayport. Does that mean I can get a displayport to hdmi adapter and it will do video and audio?
Yes Sr. The 13" MacBook Air late-2010 does support HDMI Video / 8 ch audio with mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter.

https://support.apple.com/kb/sp618?locale=en_US

Get this one from Amazon and you will be done:

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...aps%2C159&th=1

For REW configuration, follow the "REW for macOS" Guide on my signature. The link for my guide was added yesterday by John Mulcahy (REW developer) on to the Official REW Website. I will be updating the guide with every new macOS version. The new update will be as soon macOS Catalina (10.15) is released. Most likely your MacBook Air is running a different macOS system than the one on the current guide (macOS Mojave) but the configuration process is the same even if your MacBook Air is running macOS El Capitan (10.11). If you need help with configuration, feel free to post your questions on the "REW for macOS" thread.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Display-less |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
enricoclaudio is offline  
post #51067 of 51133 Old 08-13-2019, 09:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Sekosche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,320
Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1403 Post(s)
Liked: 3523
The potential to upgrade just my V1801 drivers and DSP has definitely caught my attention. From what little I’ve listened to a 21” neo driver, they are the real deal. The 18” B&C drivers are currently about ~$525 retail, so I’m curious what price point PSA could come in at with a little bulk discount.

A high end driver like this with shipping both ways on the amp too, and the DSP reprogramming, I can’t see it being anywhere under $600 or more per driver upgraded, but hopefully I’m wrong and Tom can work some magic.

Speakers: PSA MTM-210T x2, MTM-210C, MT-110SR x2; Atmos-SVS Satellite x2, DIY Volt-10 x2
Subs: PSA V1801 x2, DIY: 18" RSS460HO, 15" RSS390HO x2, BOSS w/JBL CX1200 x6
MA’s: Crowson Tech x2
Processing: Denon X4200, NU6KDSP, 3KDSP
Video: Epson 3700; Screen: Silver Ticket 106" High Contrast
Sekosche is online now  
post #51068 of 51133 Old 08-14-2019, 12:09 AM
Advanced Member
 
fastninja76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Monterey
Posts: 530
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Hello y'all

Just dropped in to see what was new, and apparently a lot! I dont have facebook, but I'm reading theres a possible upgrade path for the drivers in the current line up?? Is that to say I can swap the drivers in my V3601 for the new ones?

Somebody fill me in 🤷‍♂️
JosephTonyStark likes this.

Yamaha RX-A 1060
Emotiva BASX A3
Polk Audio RTi A9
Polk Audio CSi A6
PSA V3601
fastninja76 is offline  
post #51069 of 51133 Old 08-14-2019, 05:16 AM
Senior Member
 
auceny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 306
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
Yes Sr. The 13" MacBook Air late-2010 does support HDMI Video / 8 ch audio with mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter.

For REW configuration, follow the "REW for macOS" Guide on my signature. The link for my guide was added yesterday by John Mulcahy (REW developer) on to the Official REW Website. I will be updating the guide with every new macOS version. The new update will be as soon macOS Catalina (10.15) is released. Most likely your MacBook Air is running a different macOS system than the one on the current guide (macOS Mojave) but the configuration process is the same even if your MacBook Air is running macOS El Capitan (10.11). If you need help with configuration, feel free to post your questions on the "REW for macOS" thread.
I went ahead and ordered the adapter and will be sure to follow your guide to help me learn how to use everything. Thanks for the help!

Sony XBR-65X900E, Xbox One X, Denon 3400
4.2.2 Dual v3601, PSA 210T L/R, HTM-200se Surround, BA SoundWare Atmos
auceny is online now  
post #51070 of 51133 Old 08-14-2019, 07:18 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Great point Mike. We have all been long time PSA owners because PSA has always made great subs so the older versions are awesome subs and are great to own. It's just now PSA is charging forward by adding a whole new level of subwoofer to its stable of already great subwoofers. Right now is the right time to be getting into this hobby.
Right. Even with my 1-2 year older S3601's , I really have no interest in the Ipal drivers as I enjoy the sound and power I currently have. That being said , I am foaming at the mouth to see what Tom may come up with that fits my current agenda...To downsize from 3 subs to 2 and free up some living space , without losing anything bass-wise...
GatoGoat is offline  
post #51071 of 51133 Old 08-14-2019, 09:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,702
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 2583
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatoGoat View Post
Right. Even with my 1-2 year older S3601's , I really have no interest in the Ipal drivers as I enjoy the sound and power I currently have. That being said , I am foaming at the mouth to see what Tom may come up with that fits my current agenda...To downsize from 3 subs to 2 and free up some living space , without losing anything bass-wise...

I hear ya. I am happy with my sub as well, but waiting with bated breath to see what kind of monster an IPAL S7201 would be. Probably would require a 6KW amp and dedicated 220V 20A circuit.
CallingMrBenzo likes this.

Power Sound Audio S7201 Quad 18" 4000W Sealed Subwoofer - Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Epson 5030UB Projector - Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - - XBox One S - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
climber07 is online now  
post #51072 of 51133 Old 08-14-2019, 02:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mike Butny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orland Park, Il
Posts: 2,081
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1055 Post(s)
Liked: 2347
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
I hear ya. I am happy with my sub as well, but waiting with bated breath to see what kind of monster an IPAL S7201 would be. Probably would require a 6KW amp and dedicated 220V 20A circuit.
Price-wise I would stick with the Neo drivers since you would be upgrading 4 drivers. I'm sure the amp would remain the same and you would benefit from the pro drivers having higher sensitivity. I love deep bass and the pro drivers can provide that BUT what I'm loving is the mid-upper base that these pro drivers provide. It's not subtle, it's night and day.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Marantz SR7013 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 monoblocks, 7.4.2 Atmos, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, Volt 6 Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, 2 LaVoce 21inch Neo DIY subs and 2 PSA 3600I'S.
Mike Butny is offline  
post #51073 of 51133 Old 08-14-2019, 02:55 PM
Member
 
zambine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
Off here for several weeks and more information in the wind.

BH upgrading to 15" NEO for ported-thats a good sign. Wonder how much my original S3000i's would get a kick in the ass from NEO as well or would a trade/replace be in order?

Could the S3000i sleeper still remain the hidden jewel or will the updated S36XX reign?
I've already talked top Tom about upgrading my dual S3010s to S3612s (Dual 18" Neos or IPAL). Why just get upgraded 15" woofers when I can bump up to 18s while I'm at it?

I don't know what the pricing will be yet but does anyone have an opinion on the price vs performance of 18" ipals vs neos in an 18" dual opposed configuration like in the S3610?
sk373 likes this.
zambine is online now  
post #51074 of 51133 Old 08-14-2019, 05:18 PM
Member
 
bossdog304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: MN
Posts: 191
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 123
I think I joked about a month or two ago that the OG models get an upgrade, but I didn't think he was even considering it. 🔊 I like this 👍
bossdog304 is online now  
post #51075 of 51133 Old 08-14-2019, 06:11 PM
Member
 
rhelliott2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Off topic here but check out Jeff's comment on this video. Do you think Michael should have went public with this video? Or should he have contacted Jeff 1st before posting the video?



Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
oneeyeblind likes this.
rhelliott2 is offline  
post #51076 of 51133 Old 08-14-2019, 06:50 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhelliott2 View Post
Off topic here but check out Jeff's comment on this video. Do you think Michael should have went public with this video? Or should he have contacted Jeff 1st before posting the video?


https://youtu.be/gkhrj3cpj6c
I'd have called the manufacturer and given them a chance to troubleshoot it with me. Then if it wasn't a faulty part or setup issue, run the negative review with the findings in performance. If it did arrive with a faulty part, I'd still mention that in the review and then talk about how the manufacturer fixed it.

That said, this looks like a guy who is just kinda off the cuff playing around with them. Maybe he just figured he'd say what happened and then document fixing the issue in another video.
oneeyeblind, rhelliott2 and JOjr like this.
anjunadeep is offline  
post #51077 of 51133 Old 08-14-2019, 06:59 PM
Member
 
rhelliott2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjunadeep View Post
I'd have called the manufacturer and given them a chance to troubleshoot it with me. Then if it wasn't a faulty part or setup issue, run the negative review with the findings in performance. If it did arrive with a faulty part, I'd still mention that in the review and then talk about how the manufacturer fixed it.



That said, this looks like a guy who is just kinda off the cuff playing around with them. Maybe he just figured he'd say what happened and then document fixing the issue in another video.
Yeah, I would hope he gets the issue ironed out with Jeff and post a updated video.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
oneeyeblind likes this.
rhelliott2 is offline  
post #51078 of 51133 Old 08-14-2019, 07:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sk373's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,430
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked: 1054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post
Price-wise I would stick with the Neo drivers since you would be upgrading 4 drivers. I'm sure the amp would remain the same and you would benefit from the pro drivers having higher sensitivity. I love deep bass and the pro drivers can provide that BUT what I'm loving is the mid-upper base that these pro drivers provide. It's not subtle, it's night and day.
I, for one, can’t wait for the release of the upgrade kits! I was thinking about trading both my S1801’s toward the 21” iPal w/ dual 18” passive radiators (if that model got released), but the upgrade kits have got me intrigued!

Wondering what the price difference between the Neo and iPal upgrade kits will be 🤔. Leaning toward iPals because I think those would be endgame for me—I already have more than enough output if I’m being honest. Looking for that step up in SQ 😊
CallingMrBenzo likes this.

My humble main system:
Vizio M75-E1; Oppo 203 universal UHD player; Denon 4300H AVR, Dual PSA S1801's; Monitor Audio Silver RX-6 mains, RX center, and RX surrounds; one pair NHT mini Atmos speakers; Home-built HTPC (Xeon E1230, 16gb RAM, Crucial M500 480gb SSD, GeForce 980Ti, Corsair CX600, CoolerMaster mini-ITX case); Roku Premiere+; Amazon 4K Fire TV
sk373 is offline  
post #51079 of 51133 Old 08-14-2019, 07:31 PM
Member
 
zambine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Hey guys, I need your help. I have the upgrade bug and I'm trying to make sure I don't miss the TV36 Ipal pre-order pricing.

I have a 2000ft^3 wood 2nd floor sealed HT room. Chest slam is my first priority, accuracy second, and TR/ULF third. I am 95% movies and video games in my HT. I will admit that I still need to fine tune my dual S3010s a bit more but for some reason I feel I'm missing some mid-bass chest slam compared to my old dual ported setup (I admit that this may be 100% my incorrect tuning to blame).

I'm thinking that I should maybe just trade in for a single TV36 Ipal and take advantage of the pre-order pricing before it's gone.

Or would it be better to upgrade to the S3612 Ipals that will be coming in six weeks (sealed dual opposed 18" Ipals).

Given my room, priorities, and content what do you all think?
oneeyeblind likes this.

Last edited by zambine; 08-14-2019 at 07:51 PM.
zambine is online now  
post #51080 of 51133 Old 08-14-2019, 09:23 PM
Senior Member
 
JosephTonyStark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 478
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastninja76 View Post
Hello y'all

Just dropped in to see what was new, and apparently a lot! I dont have facebook, but I'm reading theres a possible upgrade path for the drivers in the current line up?? Is that to say I can swap the drivers in my V3601 for the new ones?

Somebody fill me in 🤷*♂️
This is me....Facebook-less.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
fastninja76 likes this.

TV: Samsung 65" UHD LED | Sources: PS4; Panasonic DMP-BT460; LG UB870; Dell 7010 SFF; Roku Ultra | AVP: Marantz AV8802A | Amps: Emotiva XPA-1L\100 (LR\C); Outlaw Audio 7125 | Front LR\C: JBL Studio 590\Studio 520C | Surrounds: JBL P520WS | Subs: PSA S1801 | Heights: JBL Pro Control CRV (2)
JosephTonyStark is offline  
post #51081 of 51133 Old 08-14-2019, 09:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mike Butny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orland Park, Il
Posts: 2,081
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1055 Post(s)
Liked: 2347
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk373 View Post
I, for one, can’t wait for the release of the upgrade kits! I was thinking about trading both my S1801’s toward the 21” iPal w/ dual 18” passive radiators (if that model got released), but the upgrade kits have got me intrigued!

Wondering what the price difference between the Neo and iPal upgrade kits will be 🤔. Leaning toward iPals because I think those would be endgame for me—I already have more than enough output if I’m being honest. Looking for that step up in SQ 😊
The 21 ipal sub should be a beast BUT I rather have duals so if it was me I would be looking at either dual S3010's or S3610's with either the iPal or Neo drivers.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Marantz SR7013 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 monoblocks, 7.4.2 Atmos, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, Volt 6 Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, 2 LaVoce 21inch Neo DIY subs and 2 PSA 3600I'S.
Mike Butny is offline  
post #51082 of 51133 Old 08-14-2019, 09:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mike Butny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orland Park, Il
Posts: 2,081
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1055 Post(s)
Liked: 2347
Quote:
Originally Posted by zambine View Post
Hey guys, I need your help. I have the upgrade bug and I'm trying to make sure I don't miss the TV36 Ipal pre-order pricing.

I have a 2000ft^3 wood 2nd floor sealed HT room. Chest slam is my first priority, accuracy second, and TR/ULF third. I am 95% movies and video games in my HT. I will admit that I still need to fine tune my dual S3010s a bit more but for some reason I feel I'm missing some mid-bass chest slam compared to my old dual ported setup (I admit that this may be 100% my incorrect tuning to blame).

I'm thinking that I should maybe just trade in for a single TV36 Ipal and take advantage of the pre-order pricing before it's gone.

Or would it be better to upgrade to the S3612 Ipals that will be coming in six weeks (sealed dual opposed 18" Ipals).

Given my room, priorities, and content what do you all think?
If you think you would be happy with just 1 sub then go for the TV36iPal. I vote for duals and would lean towards dual S3010 or S3610 with either the iPals or Neos. Price would be the deciding factor. Mid- Bass punch would be great with both drivers.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Marantz SR7013 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 monoblocks, 7.4.2 Atmos, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, Volt 6 Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, 2 LaVoce 21inch Neo DIY subs and 2 PSA 3600I'S.
Mike Butny is offline  
post #51083 of 51133 Old 08-14-2019, 09:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
fastninja76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Monterey
Posts: 530
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephTonyStark View Post
This is me....Facebook-less.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
And to make matters worse, PSA hasn't updated their website in...a year? I always go back to see if theres any B stock or updates to the line up and...nada.

This place is my only source of information lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
oneeyeblind and rhelliott2 like this.

Yamaha RX-A 1060
Emotiva BASX A3
Polk Audio RTi A9
Polk Audio CSi A6
PSA V3601
fastninja76 is offline  
post #51084 of 51133 Old 08-14-2019, 10:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,702
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 2583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post
Price-wise I would stick with the Neo drivers since you would be upgrading 4 drivers. I'm sure the amp would remain the same and you would benefit from the pro drivers having higher sensitivity. I love deep bass and the pro drivers can provide that BUT what I'm loving is the mid-upper base that these pro drivers provide. It's not subtle, it's night and day.

Testify brother! Night and day is a great review. I'm going to defer to Tom's extensive wisdom regarding the physics inside the S7201 and whether the Neos would be cost effective or adding a couple of the Neo S3611s. Still curious if sealed will benefit from the drivers as much as the ported.
Mike Butny likes this.

Power Sound Audio S7201 Quad 18" 4000W Sealed Subwoofer - Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Epson 5030UB Projector - Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - - XBox One S - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
climber07 is online now  
post #51085 of 51133 Old 08-14-2019, 10:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mike Butny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orland Park, Il
Posts: 2,081
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1055 Post(s)
Liked: 2347
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
Testify brother! Night and day is a great review. I'm going to defer to Tom's extensive wisdom regarding the physics inside the S7201 and whether the Neos would be cost effective or adding a couple of the Neo S3611s. Still curious if sealed will benefit from the drivers as much as the ported.
I believe you are looking to smooth out the frequency response in your room so adding a Neo S3611 would be my choice. Check your inbox.
CallingMrBenzo likes this.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Marantz SR7013 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 monoblocks, 7.4.2 Atmos, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, Volt 6 Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, 2 LaVoce 21inch Neo DIY subs and 2 PSA 3600I'S.
Mike Butny is offline  
post #51086 of 51133 Old 08-15-2019, 10:52 AM
Member
 
zambine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post
If you think you would be happy with just 1 sub then go for the TV36iPal. I vote for duals and would lean towards dual S3010 or S3610 with either the iPals or Neos. Price would be the deciding factor. Mid- Bass punch would be great with both drivers.
I like that idea but for some reason I'm worried about going the sealed route again (too much ULF maybe? I know that sounds crazy) Could the fact my room is sealed, somewhat small, and on the 2nd floor be contributing to the boominess/non-accuracy of the bass?

Since PSA does not currently offer a low profile ported & low tuned sub yet do you think a couple of Rhythmik FV18s w/ paper cone could be a better option than dual S3611 ipals?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
zambine is online now  
post #51087 of 51133 Old 08-15-2019, 11:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mike Butny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orland Park, Il
Posts: 2,081
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1055 Post(s)
Liked: 2347
Have you tried using the Room Control Size feature on the subs to fine-tune them to your liking? If they sound boomy try setting the RCS to small or middle and I would move them away from walls/corners. The new drivers will definitely sound more refined compared to your current drivers.
zambine likes this.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Marantz SR7013 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 monoblocks, 7.4.2 Atmos, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, Volt 6 Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, 2 LaVoce 21inch Neo DIY subs and 2 PSA 3600I'S.
Mike Butny is offline  
post #51088 of 51133 Old 08-15-2019, 12:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by zambine View Post
I like that idea but for some reason I'm worried about going the sealed route again (too much ULF maybe? I know that sounds crazy) Could the fact my room is sealed, somewhat small, and on the 2nd floor be contributing to the boominess/non-accuracy of the bass?

Since PSA does not currently offer a low profile ported & low tuned sub yet do you think a couple of Rhythmik FV18s w/ paper cone could be a better option than dual S3611 ipals?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
In a small sealed room, putting the subs in a location that excites the room modes can cause boominess. Try positioning the subs at the center of the front and back or side walls. Another option is at the 1/4 points of the front wall.
zambine likes this.

Electronics: Denon X4400, Vizio M65
Sub: PSA TV36-iPal
Speakers: 3 x Chane A2.4 LCR, Klipsch Quintet Surrounds
chucks0 is offline  
post #51089 of 51133 Old 08-15-2019, 12:23 PM
Member
 
rhelliott2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by zambine View Post
I like that idea but for some reason I'm worried about going the sealed route again (too much ULF maybe? I know that sounds crazy) Could the fact my room is sealed, somewhat small, and on the 2nd floor be contributing to the boominess/non-accuracy of the bass?

Since PSA does not currently offer a low profile ported & low tuned sub yet do you think a couple of Rhythmik FV18s w/ paper cone could be a better option than dual S3611 ipals?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
They do make low profile for commercial use. Ask Email or call PSA

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
zambine likes this.
rhelliott2 is offline  
post #51090 of 51133 Old 08-15-2019, 12:54 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by zambine View Post
I like that idea but for some reason I'm worried about going the sealed route again (too much ULF maybe? I know that sounds crazy) Could the fact my room is sealed, somewhat small, and on the 2nd floor be contributing to the boominess/non-accuracy of the bass?

Since PSA does not currently offer a low profile ported & low tuned sub yet do you think a couple of Rhythmik FV18s w/ paper cone could be a better option than dual S3611 ipals?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
"Worried about too much ULF with sealed" but yet wants a low profile low tuned ported sub , but also considering a TV36??? A low tuned ported sub would only give you more ULF near its tune so that seems a bit counterproductive no? Maybe your ears dont really care for ULF? My aunt nearly ran out of my house with the pressure the S36's created because it hurt....Seems like a V1811 with its higher tune , smallish profile and your small room adding some gain could be what you are looking for??
GatoGoat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
chuffitychuffchuff , chuffmaster , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , hr chuff'n'stuff , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , psa , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , s3000i , s7201 , tv36 , v1500 , V1800 , v1801 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off