Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 778 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 64663Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #23311 of 52321 Old 10-08-2015, 11:08 PM
Member
 
Cyborg_Optoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dallas,TX
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
Lol. Thanks!

It's a prototype. That's why it's unfinished and crazy packaging.

It really isn't that big. I think being light color makes it look odd. Once I finish it it will look better. It's in an unused part of the room so it's dead space anyhow. And if it becomes too cumbersome. I'll use the drivers in a diy enclosures
ohh damn I just said congrats to you and you are already parting with this.. wish I could get this.. but alas.. as mentioned i need to stay with the xs30se's for quite a long while for now before thinking about upgrading..

man you should not have unleashed the full power of this monster on day 1.. advise to people getting PSA subs.. for the first few days or may be a month.. just keep it low and then bump up the woofage.. if you think there is going to be problem with the other half's.. or anyone in the family.. I still have to un leash the full power of my dual xs30se's and the time has come for me in 2 weeks I will be able to do so ( though bumped up sound once in a while here and there during this period ).. and mind you I have had these little monsters ( as everyday PSA adds monsters ) for almost an year I believe and still looking at me asking me to bump up the volume.
Hopinater likes this.
Cyborg_Optoma is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #23312 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 12:33 AM
Member
 
Dr bud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brker19 View Post
When I look at the new 18"'s my brain start going. I have 2 XS30SE'S and I still feel like I'm chasing the dragon. The subs are definatly not the problem it's my room. My living room and connected kitchen is 23' by 36' with 14' cathedral celings and 2 hallways connecting to it at each end. I'm wondering if I'll ever get it to sound the way I want or go broke trying.
Can i ask why you didn't choose ported subs for all that space?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Dr bud is offline  
post #23313 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 05:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 6,732
Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3502 Post(s)
Liked: 10856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brker19 View Post
When I look at the new 18"'s my brain start going. I have 2 XS30SE'S and I still feel like I'm chasing the dragon. The subs are definatly not the problem it's my room. My living room and connected kitchen is 23' by 36' with 14' cathedral celings and 2 hallways connecting to it at each end. I'm wondering if I'll ever get it to sound the way I want or go broke trying.
You're right, it's the size of your open area that's got you seeking more bass. That's an absolutely massive area to pressurize (11,500 cu ft). I can see why you feel like you are still "chasing the dragon."

As great as the XS30se is I think you are asking an awful lot of them to pressurize an area that size. They probably do great for music (filling in the low end) but they would struggle with movie LFE content. It takes a lot of sealed subs to pressurize large areas.

If you really want to experience stronger bass in an area that size I think you have one of two choices: 1) buy more sealed subs (expensive) or 2) switch over to ported subs (a cheaper option if you trade in or sell the XS30se's).

Personally I would look at dual V1800's to get great bass. And if you want to slay the dragon forever...get dual V3600's.
Mike Butny and ahblaza like this.
Hopinater is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #23314 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 05:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 6,732
Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3502 Post(s)
Liked: 10856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg_Optoma View Post
man you should not have unleashed the full power of this monster on day 1.. advise to people getting PSA subs.. for the first few days or may be a month.. just keep it low and then bump up the woofage.. if you think there is going to be problem with the other half's.. or anyone in the family.. I still have to un leash the full power of my dual xs30se's and the time has come for me in 2 weeks I will be able to do so ( though bumped up sound once in a while here and there during this period ).. and mind you I have had these little monsters ( as everyday PSA adds monsters ) for almost an year I believe and still looking at me asking me to bump up the volume.
Hey that's a good idea, it might just work. It's like the frog in hot water. Put a frog in hot water it will jump right out. Put them in cool water and slowly turn up the heat, they never notice the change and stay in the water (or so they say, I've never actually tried it).

Put a PSA sub in the house, start out low and turn it up slowly over time and the wife will never notice it.

I don't have patience to do it, but it might save some guys from the wrath of the wife.
ahblaza likes this.
Hopinater is online now  
post #23315 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 06:02 AM
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,184
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Hey that's a good idea, it might just work. It's like the frog in hot water. Put a frog in hot water it will jump right out. Put them in cool water and slowly turn up the heat, they never notice the change and stay in the water (or so they say, I've never actually tried it).

Put a PSA sub in the house, start out low and turn it up slowly over time and the wife will never notice it.

I don't have patience to do it, but it might save some guys from the wrath of the wife.

what is it with you and frogs?? smh lol

but yeah its a great call...hind sight is 20/20...i was too excited to unleash the beast..
Mike Butny, ahblaza and Hopinater like this.
Brian Fineberg is offline  
post #23316 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 06:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
smurraybhm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Down South
Posts: 4,656
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2307 Post(s)
Liked: 3165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
what is it with you and frogs?? smh lol

but yeah its a great call...hind sight is 20/20...i was too excited to unleash the beast..
You did nothing that all of us wouldn't have done - the fact you didn't cancel date night shows the dedication to your wife
At least you got a night with it, more than any of us will experience.
Why do I feel that is beginning to sound sexual?
Mike Butny likes this.

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 65” B7 and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
smurraybhm is offline  
post #23317 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 07:00 AM
Member
 
cjrubes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Central MA
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
Oh I've talked myself out of selling the millisecond after she said "it's way too much" lol

But I will jump at the first person to actually send me the money lol

I have 28 days left before I can't return the I-nuke. So that may be the point of sorry babe, it's staying lol
I may, potentially, be interested in taking Subzilla off your hands...but don't hold me to it, lol. I checked with the wife last night and she gave me the preliminary go-ahead...though I only really mentioned it quickly to her. I gotta mull it over a bit though. To be honest, I'm perfectly happy with my XV15se but having a unique behemoth of a sub is intriguing to me.

First, I need to see if it'll fit in my small living room. How wide is the Subzilla? I don't have a ton of room but I might be able to rearrange some things to make it fit. I'll also have to check to see if I have the funds available (things have been a bit tight since I bought my truck this past summer).

I only live an hour away from you in MA so it would be an easy pick up for me. Maybe we can work something out. I'll talk more with the wife tonight and let you know if it's a possibility for us.
Alan P, ahblaza, gbreda and 2 others like this.

My Humble 5.1 System:
LG 55LM7600 w/Sony BDP-S590 + custom PC for streaming
Denon 1612: FR/FL - A5rx-c, C - Chane A2rx-c, Surr. - 2x Chane A1rx-c
Sub - 1x Sealed UM18-22 & 1x Sealed DS4-18 w/iNuke 6000DSP
cjrubes is offline  
post #23318 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 07:19 AM
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,184
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3527
pm'd
Alan P, ahblaza and gbreda like this.
Brian Fineberg is offline  
post #23319 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 6,732
Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3502 Post(s)
Liked: 10856
FYI…Some good deals right now in the PSA outlet. Both sealed and ported.
oneeyeblind, gbreda and sk373 like this.
Hopinater is online now  
post #23320 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 10:33 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr bud View Post
Can i ask why you didn't choose ported subs for all that space?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I was going with ported and things went a different way. I know it's asking a lot of the 30's to fill that space and for the most part they do a great job but the space is so massive. I wish I had a theater room "dream". Basements are not a common thing here in Arkansas "rockansas". Just seems like I want more, even though my wife thinks it's plenty I'm sure.

The v3600i X 2 would be my pick but even with the trade in "not sure how that works" it might still be out of my price range.

Last edited by Brker19; 10-09-2015 at 10:39 AM.
Brker19 is offline  
post #23321 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Member
 
Dr bud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brker19 View Post
I was going with ported and things went a different way. I know it's asking a lot of the 30's to fill that space and for the most part they do a great job but the space is so massive. I wish I had a theater room "dream". Basements are not a common thing here in Arkansas "rockansas". Just seems like I want more, even though my wife thinks it's plenty I'm sure.

The v3600i X 2 would be my pick but even with the trade in "not sure how that works" it might still be out of my price range.
I wonder how 2 v1800s would be? (for starters)you can always add down the line........

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Dr bud is offline  
post #23322 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 12:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ahblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh Steeler Country
Posts: 4,006
Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2459 Post(s)
Liked: 3402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brker19 View Post
I was going with ported and things went a different way. I know it's asking a lot of the 30's to fill that space and for the most part they do a great job but the space is so massive. I wish I had a theater room "dream". Basements are not a common thing here in Arkansas "rockansas". Just seems like I want more, even though my wife thinks it's plenty I'm sure.

The v3600i X 2 would be my pick but even with the trade in "not sure how that works" it might still be out of my price range.
No harm no foul for getting into chat and run your thoughts by Tom, what's the worst that could happen, finding help to get your dual 3600s in the house.............
ahblaza is offline  
post #23323 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lizrussspike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parkview, IA
Posts: 3,054
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1216 Post(s)
Liked: 1821
Fellas,
I believe some of you are running a wireless kit for your subwoofer(s). It seems pretty straight forward, but what about running a wireless kit with the AMDC2.0 in the chain. No matter how I move a few things, I have a buttkicker that the girls like, but every time I run a splitter near the V3600, I get a horrible hum. So I am thinking I could bypass the splitter hum with a wireless kit. Or just sell the buttkickers....
Thanks in advance
Russ
lizrussspike is offline  
post #23324 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 04:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mike Butny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orland Park, Il
Posts: 2,131
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1096 Post(s)
Liked: 2444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Hey that's a good idea, it might just work. It's like the frog in hot water. Put a frog in hot water it will jump right out. Put them in cool water and slowly turn up the heat, they never notice the change and stay in the water (or so they say, I've never actually tried it).

Put a PSA sub in the house, start out low and turn it up slowly over time and the wife will never notice it.

I don't have patience to do it, but it might save some guys from the wrath of the wife.
Hop: I have to ask, whats with your screen name? Give us the info/ history behind the name. I must admit with your reference with putting a frog in cool water and then slowly turning up the heat has me thinking about calling the animal cruelty hotline on you . I can imagine seeing you on the news with reports of dead frogs found inside the home and live video of you in handcuffs while screaming at the police saying " Don't touch my subs".
Hopinater likes this.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Marantz SR7013 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 monoblocks, 7.4.2 Atmos, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, 2 Volt 6 Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, 2 LaVoce 21inch Neo DIY subs and 2 PSA S3600I'S.

Last edited by Mike Butny; 10-09-2015 at 06:04 PM.
Mike Butny is online now  
post #23325 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 04:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Decadent_Spectre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,518
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Brian, If you are sure (measured) its the below 10Hz thats shaking stuff might I suggest a 10Hz HPF?

At least you'd be able to enjoy it still and when no ones home you could use it below 10Hz too.

A miniDSP isn't too much money.

Just a thought.
Decadent_Spectre is offline  
post #23326 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 05:53 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 13,217
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 9289
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizrussspike View Post
Fellas,
I believe some of you are running a wireless kit for your subwoofer(s). It seems pretty straight forward, but what about running a wireless kit with the AMDC2.0 in the chain. No matter how I move a few things, I have a buttkicker that the girls like, but every time I run a splitter near the V3600, I get a horrible hum. So I am thinking I could bypass the splitter hum with a wireless kit. Or just sell the buttkickers....
Thanks in advance
Russ
I am running amdc with dual wireless kits...no hum.
lizrussspike likes this.
basshead81 is offline  
post #23327 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 05:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 6,732
Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3502 Post(s)
Liked: 10856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post
Hop: I have to ask, whats with your screen name? Give us a the info/ history behind the name. I must admit with your reference with putting a frog in cool water and then slowly turning up the heat has me thinking about calling the animal cruelty hotline on you . I can imagine seeing you on the news with reports of dead frogs found inside the home and live video of you in handcuffs while screaming at the police saying " Don't touch my subs".
LMAO…

The story behind the screen name is…. My other hobby is home brewing and my favorite style of beer is a good hoppy IPA (but I like any good CRAFT beer and brew all styles). Years ago when I was playing Call of Duty on line I needed a screen name and since I brewed a lot of hoppy beers I decided upon Hopinater. When I joined AVS I just brought the name here.

The story behind the tree frog avatar is... I actually live on a piece of land that is blessed enough to have tree frogs (a different type than my avatar but the ones I have don't look as cool, but they do sound awesome at night singing). Anyway…It's not uncommon for home brewers to name their brewery so I named mine Tree Frog Brewery. So it all ties together and actually works (at least in my mind).

And I actually like all animals so no...there are no dead frogs here. Just hoppy beer.

And BIG subwoofers.
Toe, Mike Butny, ahblaza and 5 others like this.
Hopinater is online now  
post #23328 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 06:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mike Butny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orland Park, Il
Posts: 2,131
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1096 Post(s)
Liked: 2444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
LMAO…

The story behind the screen name is…. My other hobby is home brewing and my favorite style of beer is a good hoppy IPA (but I like any good CRAFT beer and brew all styles). Years ago when I was playing Call of Duty on line I needed a screen name and since I brewed a lot of hoppy beers I decided upon Hopinater. When I joined AVS I just brought the name here.

The story behind the tree frog avatar is... I actually live on a piece of land that is blessed enough to have tree frogs (a different type than my avatar but the ones I have don't look as cool, but they do sound awesome at night singing). Anyway…It's not uncommon for home brewers to name their brewery so I named mine Tree Frog Brewery. So it all ties together and actually works (at least in my mind).

And I actually like all animals so no...there are no dead frogs here. Just hoppy beer.

And BIG subwoofers.
Feel free to send some of your finest my way
Hopinater likes this.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Marantz SR7013 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 monoblocks, 7.4.2 Atmos, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, 2 Volt 6 Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, 2 LaVoce 21inch Neo DIY subs and 2 PSA S3600I'S.
Mike Butny is online now  
post #23329 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 06:59 PM
Member
 
Roadwar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Piedmont North Carolina
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Hop, we got the tree frogs down here in central NC also. Sounds like summertime at night.
Hopinater likes this.

Sources: Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra, Fire TV
Processor and Amps: Emotiva XMC-1, XPA-DR2, XPA-5
Speakers: PSA 210Ts, 210C, dual S1500s, Polk surrounds

Roadwar is offline  
post #23330 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 07:25 PM
Member
 
Dr bud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
LMAO…

The story behind the screen name is…. My other hobby is home brewing and my favorite style of beer is a good hoppy IPA (but I like any good CRAFT beer and brew all styles). Years ago when I was playing Call of Duty on line I needed a screen name and since I brewed a lot of hoppy beers I decided upon Hopinater. When I joined AVS I just brought the name here.

The story behind the tree frog avatar is... I actually live on a piece of land that is blessed enough to have tree frogs (a different type than my avatar but the ones I have don't look as cool, but they do sound awesome at night singing). Anyway…It's not uncommon for home brewers to name their brewery so I named mine Tree Frog Brewery. So it all ties together and actually works (at least in my mind).

And I actually like all animals so no...there are no dead frogs here. Just hoppy beer.

And BIG subwoofers.
I just started liking ^ guy even more!!lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Mike Butny and Hopinater like this.
Dr bud is offline  
post #23331 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 08:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lizrussspike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parkview, IA
Posts: 3,054
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1216 Post(s)
Liked: 1821
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
I am running amdc with dual wireless kits...no hum.
Bass, so for hook up I would run the rca out of the back of the receiver into the wireless kit(left side) into the AMDC? Then the other end of the wireless out left to the V3600?
Thanks Russ
lizrussspike is offline  
post #23332 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 08:08 PM
Member
 
Dr bud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr bud View Post
I just started liking ^ guy even more!!lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Btw.tu.i did the 8:30 cal instead of nine and it put me right at-9.5 instead of -15.ya.guess they are sensitive amps!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Dr bud is offline  
post #23333 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 08:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lizrussspike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parkview, IA
Posts: 3,054
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1216 Post(s)
Liked: 1821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr bud View Post
I just started liking ^ guy even more!!lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
IPA is the best Right now having a six pack of lagunitas IPA while watching Avengers II. Way to go HOP!
Hopinater likes this.
lizrussspike is offline  
post #23334 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 08:41 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 13,217
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 9289
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizrussspike View Post
Bass, so for hook up I would run the rca out of the back of the receiver into the wireless kit(left side) into the AMDC? Then the other end of the wireless out left to the V3600?
Thanks Russ
AVR->AMDC->Wireless device
basshead81 is offline  
post #23335 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 08:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizrussspike View Post
Bass, so for hook up I would run the rca out of the back of the receiver into the wireless kit(left side) into the AMDC? Then the other end of the wireless out left to the V3600?
Thanks Russ
Bad cables or lower quality cables without proper shielding can create a hum. Have you tried different cables?
just a thought
Brker19 is offline  
post #23336 of 52321 Old 10-09-2015, 08:55 PM
Member
 
Dr bud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizrussspike View Post
IPA is the best Right now having a six pack of lagunitas IPA while watching Avengers II. Way to go HOP!
Just watched age of ultron....I thought it had some good humor. Soundtrack was good.could have been better. Imo

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Dr bud is offline  
post #23337 of 52321 Old 10-10-2015, 02:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lizrussspike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parkview, IA
Posts: 3,054
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1216 Post(s)
Liked: 1821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr bud View Post
Just watched age of ultron....I thought it had some good humor. Soundtrack was good.could have been better. Imo

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Agreed Dr bud, I thought some parts were funny, and of course the blooming relationship as well. I usually do not watch movies at -5 mv, but I did at this one. Some decent LFE moments, but I thought the dialogue was soft and the soundtrack was disappointing. Of course after watching a few scenes of Ma Max with my girls earlier will do that! I mean come on MMFR has great LFE and an excellent use of the horizontal sound field.
lizrussspike is offline  
post #23338 of 52321 Old 10-10-2015, 02:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lizrussspike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parkview, IA
Posts: 3,054
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1216 Post(s)
Liked: 1821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brker19 View Post
Bad cables or lower quality cables without proper shielding can create a hum. Have you tried different cables?
just a thought
Good point. I have a 35ft mono price cable running around the room. Funny thing is it the same cable I had for two years. It is fine running into the V3600 by itself, and I had it hooked up via splitter before with two XV15SEs and tow buttkickers, but every time I introduce a splitter into the chain anywhere near the V3600, I get the hum. My options for placement for the V3600 are very limited, so that is why I was thinking about trying to introduce a wireless kit in the chain. Will play around with it, and if need be, just sell the buttkickers.......anyone interested in a wired and or a wireless buttkicker set?
lizrussspike is offline  
post #23339 of 52321 Old 10-10-2015, 06:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,859
Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3035 Post(s)
Liked: 10322
Office is rockin this weekend!

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC4.JPG
Views:	558
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	986145  
Tom Vodhanel is online now  
post #23340 of 52321 Old 10-10-2015, 06:30 AM
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,184
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
Office is rockin this weekend!

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
my kind of overkill

anyhow here is the measurements with subzilla turned on...and it turned off (with the 3 xs30's on in both)

yes that would be +10db from ~15hz and below .......also disregard the db values on the left...I didnt calibrate the mic to SPL level...as I was doing it as fast as possible

also I am assuming I SHOULD be flat below 5hz...but I have signal chain rolloff...so I will have to figure where that is coming from
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	subzilla compare.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	986153  
Brian Fineberg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
chuffitychuffchuff , chuffmaster , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , hr chuff'n'stuff , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , psa , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , s3000i , s7201 , tv36 , v1500 , V1800 , v1801 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off