Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 881 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 69838Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #26401 of 54064 Old 05-27-2016, 08:46 AM
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,184
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3528
Tom, recently sent a replacement a driver in an SVS sub he designed back in the later 1990's!!! are you kidding me?
oneeyeblind likes this.
Brian Fineberg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #26402 of 54064 Old 05-27-2016, 09:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cmdrdredd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: FL
Posts: 7,114
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4262 Post(s)
Liked: 4574
Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread

Does anyone have experience with using an anti mode with two different subs? I don't have the dual core, just the standard one. I understand you can use it for two subs but I am not sure how I would do the calibration on them. One would be smaller and less powerful placed near the mlp and the other my 15v in its usual spot. Does this work with the antimode? I just plug them in and let it run the calibration with them both connected? I have access to another sub and I wanted to do a bit of testing to see if there is a notable difference.
oneeyeblind likes this.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
cmdrdredd is offline  
post #26403 of 54064 Old 05-27-2016, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 12,241
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6730 Post(s)
Liked: 6292
Quote:
Originally Posted by tang7969 View Post
I had my s3000i hooked up with a 2m/1f splitter so that my sub would wake up quicker and the supposed 3db gain. I was using an inexpensive monoprice splitter and after several months I heard a hum coming from the sub. When I took the splitter out of the chain the hum was eliminated. I purchased a better quality splitter from Bluejeans cable and I still have the hum. Any idea why I am hearing this hum and is there anything I can do to get rid of it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@basshead81 or Tom can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the new amps don't work that way. Connecting to both inputs will gain you nothing AFAIK.

P.S. On amps that DO work that way, it's a 6dB gain.
Alan P is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #26404 of 54064 Old 05-27-2016, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 12,241
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6730 Post(s)
Liked: 6292
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
Does anyone have experience with using an anti mode with two different subs? I don't have the dual core, just the standard one. I understand you can use it for two subs but I am not sure how I would do the calibration on them. One would be smaller and less powerful placed near the mlp and the other my 15v in its usual spot. Does this work with the antimode? I just plug them in and let it run the calibration with them both connected? I have access to another sub and I wanted to do a bit of testing to see if there is a notable difference.
I've never used the AM, but yours only has a single sub out so you will have no way to time-align the subs. With one much closer to the MLP than the other, this is probably not going to sound very good.

That, plus the issues with using a less capable second sub, I wouldn't even waste my time it if I were you.
oneeyeblind and Madmax67 like this.
Alan P is offline  
post #26405 of 54064 Old 05-27-2016, 10:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Sekosche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,374
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Liked: 3661
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
Does anyone have experience with using an anti mode with two different subs? I don't have the dual core, just the standard one. I understand you can use it for two subs but I am not sure how I would do the calibration on them.
Read my thoughts on the Antimode 8033S-II that I recently posted compared to SubEQ-HT and time alignment (similar end results for equalizing subs). I feel the antimode does a fantastic job for my room, and I'm currently pairing a V1800 with a PC12-plus. This particular antimode will EQ each input separately if you use a splitter before the AM, but since it's a mono feed, or maybe the unit's limitation, it does not calibrate time/delay for both subs independently, you need the dual core for that. It does say in the manual and on the unit to just switch the phase on one of the subs to 180 degrees, so I did that to start; and it did sound much better than just tuning by ear or with an SPL meter. However, I eventually used REW to find the best phase, happened to be 90 degrees, for the smoothest response at the location of the second sub, so 180 degrees may or may not be optimal for you. I didn't notice a huge difference between 180 and 90, and I adjusted and measured in 15 degree increments, but that provided a few decibels of lift for dips in a couple spots. I've read most people are happy with their AM but some people don't notice enough of an improvement to justify the expense. I think in your situation you will benefit quite a bit...have fun tweaking!
Alan P and oneeyeblind like this.
Sekosche is offline  
post #26406 of 54064 Old 05-27-2016, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Sekosche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,374
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Liked: 3661
Split like this, the antimode 8033S-II will EQ the left and right sub out independently even when fed a mono signal (sadly no time alignment though).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160527_120015_1464368501985.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	212.4 KB
ID:	1463305  
Alan P and oneeyeblind like this.
Sekosche is offline  
post #26407 of 54064 Old 05-27-2016, 11:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
zeus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,233
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1893 Post(s)
Liked: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
Tom, recently sent a replacement a driver in an SVS sub he designed back in the later 1990's!!! are you kidding me?


Yep, that was me. BEYOND exceptional customer service. Jim and Tom both took time out of their extremely busy schedule to locate an old SVS sub for me. Tom, as usual, took even more time to discuss room dimensions, tuning options, etc. to help maximize the setup and threw in new ports and other freebies. AND refused to let me pay shipping!

@Tom Vodhanel never ceases to amaze me with his level of customer service. It really is the bar by which all others should be measured.
zeus33 is online now  
post #26408 of 54064 Old 05-27-2016, 11:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
Oledurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 623
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Yep, that was me. BEYOND exceptional customer service. Jim and Tom both took time out of their extremely busy schedule to locate an old SVS sub for me. Tom, as usual, took even more time to discuss room dimensions, tuning options, etc. to help maximize the setup and threw in new ports and other freebies. AND refused to let me pay shipping!


@Tom Vodhanel never ceases to amaze me with his level of customer service. It really is the bar by which all others should be measured.


Totally agree with this.

I am a new PSA customer. Just purchased, and received a V3600i for a very good price. Tom helped me before the sale. He was timely, friendly, and very knowledgable.

As for the V3600i, I have never heard anything like it before. I watched Mad Max Fury Road last night, and I think a couple times during the movie my vision blured from the subsonic bass.

That is not running the sub hot, and having the gain turned up a mere quarter turn. I have a dedicated home theater in a 2000 cu ft space.

The sub is even more impressive with music, as it provides extremely accurate and punchy bass.

Needless to say I am a PSA customer for life, and will recommend these subs to anyone I meet looking for HT audio.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oledurt is offline  
post #26409 of 54064 Old 05-27-2016, 12:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cmdrdredd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: FL
Posts: 7,114
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4262 Post(s)
Liked: 4574
Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekosche View Post
Read my thoughts on the Antimode 8033S-II that I recently posted compared to SubEQ-HT and time alignment (similar end results for equalizing subs). I feel the antimode does a fantastic job for my room, and I'm currently pairing a V1800 with a PC12-plus. This particular antimode will EQ each input separately if you use a splitter before the AM, but since it's a mono feed, or maybe the unit's limitation, it does not calibrate time/delay for both subs independently, you need the dual core for that. It does say in the manual and on the unit to just switch the phase on one of the subs to 180 degrees, so I did that to start; and it did sound much better than just tuning by ear or with an SPL meter. However, I eventually used REW to find the best phase, happened to be 90 degrees, for the smoothest response at the location of the second sub, so 180 degrees may or may not be optimal for you. I didn't notice a huge difference between 180 and 90, and I adjusted and measured in 15 degree increments, but that provided a few decibels of lift for dips in a couple spots. I've read most people are happy with their AM but some people don't notice enough of an improvement to justify the expense. I think in your situation you will benefit quite a bit...have fun tweaking!


Maybe I should leave well enough alone for now. Sounds like I may start chasing something not achievable without a sub that is a better match for the 15v. Was just a thought I had and with a 3 day weekend was thinking of playing with it. Might end up hurting the output with the weaker sub attached. May end up damaging the weak sub anyway cause it won't be able to keep up with the 15v now that I think about it lol
Alan P and ahblaza like this.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
cmdrdredd is offline  
post #26410 of 54064 Old 05-27-2016, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gbreda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,056
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Liked: 1103
Quote:
Originally Posted by TL5 View Post
I can sell the Xs30 and go with a 3600i in the same place, keeping it to just the one sub. Will the difference be noticeable?
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
I would say significant...
Agreed. When I went from an original XS30 to a single S3000i in the same location, the difference was significant for sure. An S3600i can be even more significant.
gbreda is offline  
post #26411 of 54064 Old 05-27-2016, 04:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,707
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked: 2597
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
Agreed. When I went from an original XS30 to a single S3000i in the same location, the difference was significant for sure. An S3600i can be even more significant.
You guys are killing me here. I want to upgrade dual XV15SE subs to dual V3600i subs so badly. I fear my wife would murder me though. LOL
oneeyeblind and gbreda like this.
climber07 is offline  
post #26412 of 54064 Old 05-27-2016, 04:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 6,946
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3640 Post(s)
Liked: 11756
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrzy1 View Post
Wow, sent my amp in from my original xs15 to upgrade to an SE to match my other new xs15se, I shipped it on Monday, arrived to PSA on thursday and they turned it around same day and will have it on Saturday. Cant beat their customer service. Outstanding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
A great example of why there are so many of us buying PSA subs - besides their awesome performance/looks/quality. Thanks for posting your experience, allows potential buyers to see what they can expect from Tom and company should a problem arise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Grimm View Post
I only can second this!

Once my V1800s got delivered, I finally got around a month later or so to integrate the Anti-Mode. During this, one of the amps stopped working.

One chat with Tom later, we have troubleshooted what we could remotely and and couple minutes later, I popped the amp out and sent it Tom's way. Two days later, I received a new one which brought both subs back on board! The transaction was absolutely smooth and with Tom's support & FedEx shipping speeds, this was one of the fastest solved "claims" which I ever encountered.

OUTSTANDING customer support, re-assuring my initial decision to go with PSA - although I never have heard of them prior to utilizing AVS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon_Labe View Post
Tom is a true testament to the American small business owner. Customer service before, during, and after the sale. No questions asked refunds and warranty repair. He went as far to answer my questions about integrating PSA used products into my theater. Not a dime to be made but still standing and supporting the products with the PSA logo on them. It really doesn't get any better than that. If I ever make it up to their neck of the woods, I am buying the man a beer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Yep, that was me. BEYOND exceptional customer service. Jim and Tom both took time out of their extremely busy schedule to locate an old SVS sub for me. Tom, as usual, took even more time to discuss room dimensions, tuning options, etc. to help maximize the setup and threw in new ports and other freebies. AND refused to let me pay shipping!

@Tom Vodhanel never ceases to amaze me with his level of customer service. It really is the bar by which all others should be measured.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oledurt View Post
Totally agree with this.

I am a new PSA customer. Just purchased, and received a V3600i for a very good price. Tom helped me before the sale. He was timely, friendly, and very knowledgable.

As for the V3600i, I have never heard anything like it before.

Needless to say I am a PSA customer for life, and will recommend these subs to anyone I meet looking for HT audio.
The funny thing about these posts is that they truly are just the tip of the iceberg. I could add in at least four different accounts of when Tom and Jim went above and beyond to help me with something (shipping an amp to me over night for one).

I can't say enough about PSA. It's obvious that their products are incredible and have a wonderful sound quality. AND you even get the sub/speakers you paid for shipped out in one day (or same day). AND their customer service is absolutely incredible.

But more importantly than any of that stuff is this: they truly care about people... as proven by Chris and Zeus' posts which shows you don't even have to be a paying customer and they still will take care of you).

A lot of businesses need to take notes from PSA.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences

Last edited by Hopinater; 05-27-2016 at 05:01 PM.
Hopinater is offline  
post #26413 of 54064 Old 05-27-2016, 06:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ahblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh Steeler Country
Posts: 4,112
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2513 Post(s)
Liked: 3699
Nice sale on a 210T 5.0 system this weekend over at the PSA site, save $500 over the discounted package deal...............

http://www.powersoundaudio.com/produ...eid=06efe5701c

Anybody on the fence, now's the time to jump and in and take a test ride
oneeyeblind, gbreda and basshead81 like this.
ahblaza is offline  
post #26414 of 54064 Old 05-27-2016, 07:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 6,946
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3640 Post(s)
Liked: 11756
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
You guys are killing me here. I want to upgrade dual XV15SE subs to dual V3600i subs so badly. I fear my wife would murder me though. LOL
That's an upgrade I know something about and all I can say is the difference is so HUGE it's worth the risk… seriously.
oneeyeblind, brahman12 and ahblaza like this.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
Hopinater is offline  
post #26415 of 54064 Old 05-27-2016, 07:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MIX_MASTER_ICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,075
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2676 Post(s)
Liked: 2485
I've had nothing but great dealings with psa and svs. Two companies that have great products and great customer service.
basshead81 likes this.
MIX_MASTER_ICE is offline  
post #26416 of 54064 Old 05-27-2016, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
oneeyeblind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,090
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 536
Heads up, Memorial weekend Sale is on at PSA.

From facebook






Head over to PSA's site!

http://www.powersoundaudio.com/

ShaunH
oneeyeblind is offline  
post #26417 of 54064 Old 05-28-2016, 05:02 AM
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,184
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3528
Wow. I don't think I've ever seen them have a sale!! Great news!
oneeyeblind and gbreda like this.
Brian Fineberg is offline  
post #26418 of 54064 Old 05-28-2016, 06:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gbreda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,056
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Liked: 1103
Anyone in the market for the 5 speaker system or single/dual S3000i-those are killer prices for quality high performance equipment that you will likely have by the end of the week and backed by a no risk trial. Add in the stellar customer service just makes this sale even more attractive.

@TL5 ...the S3000i may be worth a trial for you and at these prices with selling (or maybe even trading in) your XS30 a dual setup will knock and you and your house over Time to talk with Tom

@climber07 -too bad no V3600 offerings but due to the 18" moving so fast lately, it's undertandable
oneeyeblind likes this.

Last edited by gbreda; 05-28-2016 at 06:36 AM.
gbreda is offline  
post #26419 of 54064 Old 05-28-2016, 07:18 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 13,598
Mentioned: 206 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 10098
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
You guys are killing me here. I want to upgrade dual XV15SE subs to dual V3600i subs so badly. I fear my wife would murder me though. LOL
Just start with one since your dual xv15's are stacked anyway. 1 V3600i still about 3db more powerful then dual XV's stacked on average, plus you will get 3-5hz more extension.
basshead81 is offline  
post #26420 of 54064 Old 05-28-2016, 08:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 6,946
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3640 Post(s)
Liked: 11756
Man... if I had just been lurking around on this thread reading all the good things being said about PSA and then saw those sale prices, I would jump on buying the 5.0 speaker set up and a S3000i sub. You get a turn key awesome system all with a $700 savings. Seriously… how are you ever going to beat that?

Happy Memorial Day Weekend everyone.
oneeyeblind and ahblaza like this.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
Hopinater is offline  
post #26421 of 54064 Old 05-28-2016, 09:01 AM
TL5
Advanced Member
 
TL5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
Anyone in the market for the 5 speaker system or single/dual S3000i-those are killer prices for quality high performance equipment that you will likely have by the end of the week and backed by a no risk trial. Add in the stellar customer service just makes this sale even more attractive.

@TL5 ...the S3000i may be worth a trial for you and at these prices with selling (or maybe even trading in) your XS30 a dual setup will knock and you and your house over Time to talk with Tom

@climber07 -too bad no V3600 offerings but due to the 18" moving so fast lately, it's undertandable
Thanks for the info! Actually I've been in contact with Tom and I'm trading in my XS30 towards a V3600i!
TL5 is offline  
post #26422 of 54064 Old 05-28-2016, 01:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gbreda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,056
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Liked: 1103
Quote:
Originally Posted by TL5 View Post
Thanks for the info! Actually I've been in contact with Tom and I'm trading in my XS30 towards a V3600i!
Well done !!!!

And more top notch customer service where PSA will still take one of their original subs back as trade. Its a real testament as to just how a company with a solid business plan coupled with superior products will always pull ahead.

About a year ago, my XS30 never even made the outlet before it was sold.

Anyone with an XS30 that is interested in duals should be contacting Tom since they will be getting a unit that had passed all quality control inspections plus a warranty (although likely "C" stock 3 year bumper to bumper)
TL5 and oneeyeblind like this.
gbreda is offline  
post #26423 of 54064 Old 05-28-2016, 03:38 PM
mnc
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 2,917
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Hmmmm.... that's SO tempting! It's been a year since I got my dual XS30se's and I'm starting to get the upgrade bug.

I was leaning towards a pair of 110SR's but I have to admit that adding a third sub behind my sofa would be AMAZING!

What to do.....?

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, DUAL PSA XS30SE's, ATV4K, 75X940E, UBPX700
mnc is offline  
post #26424 of 54064 Old 05-28-2016, 03:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gbreda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,056
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Liked: 1103
@mnc , you thinking the XS30 or a S3000i?

The XS30 near field should work well with the SE's up front for cheap.
gbreda is offline  
post #26425 of 54064 Old 05-28-2016, 03:53 PM
mnc
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 2,917
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
@mnc , you thinking the XS30 or a S3000i?

The XS30 near field should work well with the SE's up front for cheap.
XS30 either SE or not would be my first choice. S3000i, even on sale, is a bit too much. Might consider an S1500 since it would be located near field but I'm not sure.

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, DUAL PSA XS30SE's, ATV4K, 75X940E, UBPX700
mnc is offline  
post #26426 of 54064 Old 05-28-2016, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gbreda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,056
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Liked: 1103
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post
XS30 either SE or not would be my first choice. S3000i, even on sale, is a bit too much. Might consider an S1500 since it would be located near field but I'm not sure.
Looking at the output of the XS30 vs S1500, the XS30 is ahead by 2.6 db in ultra low bass (20-31.5hz) and 6.5db in low bass (40-63 hz). You might be able to get it cheaper if it ever does materialize and become available. But in the chance that you want to sell it in the near future (for whatever reason), the S1500 might be more attractive to someone.
gbreda is offline  
post #26427 of 54064 Old 05-28-2016, 04:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gbreda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,056
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Liked: 1103
oops, math is off on the ultra low and should be a 2.3db advantage to the XS30.

I would say to give Tom a call on the differences, but he may not get into sale details until he has possession of the XS30-that I really dont know. This being said, it still would not hurt to contact him since there is no sale pricing on the S1500 and you can get an idea of which would be a better avenue.
gbreda is offline  
post #26428 of 54064 Old 05-28-2016, 04:23 PM
mnc
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 2,917
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Well I just had a chat with Tom and he actually recommended an S3000i! I'm sure that would really shake things up, but after giving it more thought I'm going to start upgrading my speakers first. It really makes more sense. Still, a third sub may happen later down the road!
gbreda likes this.

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, DUAL PSA XS30SE's, ATV4K, 75X940E, UBPX700
mnc is offline  
post #26429 of 54064 Old 05-28-2016, 06:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ahblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh Steeler Country
Posts: 4,112
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2513 Post(s)
Liked: 3699
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post
Well I just had a chat with Tom and he actually recommended an S3000i! I'm sure that would really shake things up, but after giving it more thought I'm going to start upgrading my speakers first. It really makes more sense. Still, a third sub may happen later down the road!
You took the words right out of my mouth, speakers should be your first priority, it's just me but I would start with the front stage. You will notice a vast improvement in effortless output and clean pristine dynamics. They will compliment your subs as well, good speakers make good subs sound even better. That 210T 5.0 deal is hard to pass up, you literally have nothing to lose and a whole lot to gain.
mnc, oneeyeblind and gbreda like this.
ahblaza is offline  
post #26430 of 54064 Old 05-28-2016, 08:07 PM
mnc
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 2,917
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Liked: 632
I know it's kinda backwards to start with the surrounds instead of the front but I REALLY NEED better surround speakers! They really are the weakest link. Audyssey always sets them to either 150 or 200 Hz crossover!!!
Besides, I can always temporarily try them as mains. Should help speed up the whole upgrade process!

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, DUAL PSA XS30SE's, ATV4K, 75X940E, UBPX700
mnc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
chuffitychuffchuff , chuffmaster , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , hr chuff'n'stuff , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , s1512 , s3000i , S3600i , s7201 , tv36 , v1500 , v1512 , V1800 , v1801 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off