Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 913 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 64817Likes

post #27361 of 52378 Old 07-10-2016, 05:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1439 Post(s)
Liked: 3634
Last night I was worried the recent talk of subwoofer hum had jinxed me, and right before a week off of work to play with some new audio gear! Long story short, it was a slightly loose connection coming out of the Y-splitter that went into my 3rd, non PSA sub (figures, lol)...not that it was the subs fault. Continue reading if you want the long version. :smiley:

We had a really bad electrical storm the night before last, and I had't listened to the system at all since then, but my fiance was watching TV all evening while I slept in after a long night shift. She woke me up early because of a very loud hum (100dB) that suddenly started coming from all 3 subs, even with the receiver off, so I killed the power to all 3 subs for a quick fix, as everything else audio/video still seemed to play fine. I was worried something was significantly wrong with either my new receiver or maybe the subs themselves.

I have a couple power conditioners in the setup, so I removed them from the chain, and fiddled with cables and connections into the receiver and subs to no avail, but overlooked the Y-splitter connections. I proceeded to tinker with receiver options, crossover settings, turning the subs off in the menu, also with no luck. I was about to start swapping sub cables in and out, when I twisted the slightly loose Y connection and voila. Guess that means it's not an amp capacitor failure or ground issue, so glad!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27362 of 52378 Old 07-10-2016, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2668 Post(s)
Liked: 3015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
I stand corrected. ShadyJ must be rolling over in his grave! 😜
Did something happen to ShadyJ? Haven't seen him on the forum in a long time.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 1, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | HE-400i | NAD HP50 | Sony MDR-1A | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | X5ii | DX50 | E12
post #27363 of 52378 Old 07-10-2016, 10:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 2125 Post(s)
Liked: 2303
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
Did something happen to ShadyJ? Haven't seen him on the forum in a long time.
I am sure he was banned for his antics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27364 of 52378 Old 07-10-2016, 11:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Quoted: 3035 Post(s)
Liked: 10325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
This has probably been discussed before, if not maybe a question for Tom, does PSA have any plans of a sub in the ~$400-700 range? I don't know how big that market is (definitely not this thread of crazy bass addicts ) but I know quite a few people with that budget. Its a category that was well served a few years back but now everything costs more.
Not possible unless we do something turn-key china. Or, at the least go back to the stone-age(for me) and import chinese made non DSP amplifiers to use. The ICE stuff we use now costs about 4x (per watt) versus a good quality BASH amp without a DSP frontend. And if we're importing amps we'd need to think long/hard about the enclosure too as that is going to be about 1/3rd the cost to us.

Now once we approve the enclosure + amp, it wouldn't make sense NOT to use their inner/outer boxing. This would, again, be around 1/4 to 1/5th of what we spend on it now. So we're close to final sign off and I promise you the comment from the OEM in china will be. WTH are you thinking? We're shipping you all of this "air"(non finished product) that you have to unbox every unit just to bolt in your driver, then rebox. Just let us build you the 12/15" driver and finish it for you here.

I've been through these conversations plenty of times sitting at the board meetings with SVS. And from a business POV it is tough to make any arguments really.

The only other way is if I found an investor for PSA willing to put in a *lot* of money(500k) for us to go vertical on the enclosures, drivers, and possible the electronics as well. By "vertical" I mean we do it all in house. We stock all the materials, purchase/lease a commercial 6 axis CNC($250,000?), purchase/lease a spray system($75,000?) add another 3000 sq-ft of warehouse, hiring another employee or two, etc. Doing drivers in house wouldn't cost nearly as much. Steve Ponte schooled me(and the rest of svs) on this a long time ago. Maybe 25k + one new employee.

The benefits of this would impact PSA in a variety of ways that are tough to overstate(think 75k in savings immediately just in inventory on site). But it is really just a dream unless I suddenly hit the lotto.

So, no $700 subs anytime soon..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
oneeyeblind, Phil1975m and Rfitz89 like this.
post #27365 of 52378 Old 07-10-2016, 11:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
Not possible unless we do something turn-key china. Or, at the least go back to the stone-age(for me) and import chinese made non DSP amplifiers to use. The ICE stuff we use now costs about 4x (per watt) versus a good quality BASH amp without a DSP frontend. And if we're importing amps we'd need to think long/hard about the enclosure too as that is going to be about 1/3rd the cost to us.

Now once we approve the enclosure + amp, it wouldn't make sense NOT to use their inner/outer boxing. This would, again, be around 1/4 to 1/5th of what we spend on it now. So we're close to final sign off and I promise you the comment from the OEM in china will be. WTH are you thinking? We're shipping you all of this "air"(non finished product) that you have to unbox every unit just to bolt in your driver, then rebox. Just let us build you the 12/15" driver and finish it for you here.

I've been through these conversations plenty of times sitting at the board meetings with SVS. And from a business POV it is tough to make any arguments really.

The only other way is if I found an investor for PSA willing to put in a *lot* of money(500k) for us to go vertical on the enclosures, drivers, and possible the electronics as well. By "vertical" I mean we do it all in house. We stock all the materials, purchase/lease a commercial 6 axis CNC($250,000?), purchase/lease a spray system($75,000?) add another 3000 sq-ft of warehouse, hiring another employee or two, etc. Doing drivers in house wouldn't cost nearly as much. Steve Ponte schooled me(and the rest of svs) on this a long time ago. Maybe 25k + one new employee.

The benefits of this would impact PSA in a variety of ways that are tough to overstate(think 75k in savings immediately just in inventory on site). But it is really just a dream unless I suddenly hit the lotto.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Just out of curiosity, have you ever thought about going public with your company? I'm sure you know what you're doing and where you're going, but it would be a great way to raise funds for your vertical expansion. Very few have 1/2 a million lying around for investment these days - but I'm sure many on here (at least) would consider buying shares. Then again you might be perfectly happy with your growth and where you're at now, and growth at the expense of profits isn't always the smart move. Just a thought
post #27366 of 52378 Old 07-10-2016, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 240 Post(s)
Quoted: 5473 Post(s)
Liked: 4972
Shark Tank Tom! 🤔

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Blood Simple and Oledurt like this.
post #27367 of 52378 Old 07-10-2016, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 295
There are plenty of budget subs on the market. PSA can't be all things to all people. Let someone else make $700 subs.

I have to sell my audio purchases to my wife and she understands Made in America and not much else when it comes to audio components. PSA is quality from beginning to end and you have to expect to pay a little more for that. My JBL towers of five years ago arrived in flimsy packaging. One of the plastic grill pins was broken and it still bothers me today. PSA components arrive in second to none thick cardboard packaging well protected with foam inserts. There would have to be serious mishandling to damage them in shipping. And that is just the beginning. Pull the grill and you will find steel pins instead of plastic. And best of all they sound great.

My vote is to stick with uncompromised quality made in USA including the cabinets.

Quote:

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

HT: PSA MTM-210T front, MTM-210C center, PSA MTM-210T surrounds, PSA MT-110 rears, Atmos / Canton, Ascend CBM-170SE, PSA V1800 , PSA V1801, Marantz SR7009 AVR & Emotiva A-100 stereo amp, Panasonic 65ST60 Plasma, Oppo BDP 93, Sony S1700, Music video: JBL L890, L880, LC2, SVS pc13-Ultra, Yamaha RX-V385, ASUS 31.5" IPS monitor, Sony S1700, Multichannel stereo: PSA MT-110, Bose 901, PSA S1510DF, Denon X1400H, Marantz SR6005
post #27368 of 52378 Old 07-10-2016, 03:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 571
Question to about the anti mode dual core. Do you run the setup software ie MCACC, Audyssey after. I have a Pioneer Elite so MCACC makes additional eq changes to my subs after anti mode. Is that how it is supposed to be or do I not let MCACC eq the subs after anti mode?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #27369 of 52378 Old 07-10-2016, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oledurt View Post
Question to about the anti mode dual core. Do you run the setup software ie MCACC, Audyssey after. I have a Pioneer Elite so MCACC makes additional eq changes to my subs after anti mode. Is that how it is supposed to be or do I not let MCACC eq the subs after anti mode?

Thank you.

I believe you do anti-mode first, then MCACC.
cmdrdredd and Oledurt like this.
post #27370 of 52378 Old 07-11-2016, 10:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Shark Tank Tom! 🤔

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I haven't seen many of those but I do remember a couple where the first question asked was "Okay, cost per unit is what? Second question is "why aren't you having everything made in china"?

And to be honest, from a bean counter perspective, they're right.

I get like 50 of these conversations a month.

Potential customer: You know, what is most important to me is your trying to keep things on USA soil, that really means a LOT to me.

Me: Hey, I appreciate that. It can be difficult because most/all of our competition is sourcing everything from china so it costs us significantly more to manufacture our products.

Potential customer: Well, I'm going to either get your V1500 or the Acme wozer15 which is $999. So if you can lower your price to $999 I'll order right now.

Me: I'm sorry, we just can't do that. The wozer15 is a very good sub but being made in china allows acme to price it a little lower than we can.

Potential customer: Well, if you're willing to lose a sell over $100 I guess I'll have to go with the chinese made wozer.

-------end chat-------

So much for the "most important thing" stuff

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep,
post #27371 of 52378 Old 07-11-2016, 10:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Spamilton View Post
Just out of curiosity, have you ever thought about going public with your company? I'm sure you know what you're doing and where you're going, but it would be a great way to raise funds for your vertical expansion. Very few have 1/2 a million lying around for investment these days - but I'm sure many on here (at least) would consider buying shares. Then again you might be perfectly happy with your growth and where you're at now, and growth at the expense of profits isn't always the smart move. Just a thought
I really don't know much about the going public stuff but I'd guess a tiny company like PSA wouldn't qualify for a variety of reasons. But hey, go-fund-me a 6 axis and I'll begin the kickstarter for the driver engineering/assembly addition..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
oneeyeblind and ahblaza like this.

post #27372 of 52378 Old 07-11-2016, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
I haven't seen many of those but I do remember a couple where the first question asked was "Okay, cost per unit is what? Second question is "why aren't you having everything made in china"?

And to be honest, from a bean counter perspective, they're right.

I get like 50 of these conversations a month.

Potential customer: You know, what is most important to me is your trying to keep things on USA soil, that really means a LOT to me.

Me: Hey, I appreciate that. It can be difficult because most/all of our competition is sourcing everything from china so it costs us significantly more to manufacture our products.

Potential customer: Well, I'm going to either get your V1500 or the Acme wozer15 which is $999. So if you can lower your price to $999 I'll order right now.

Me: I'm sorry, we just can't do that. The wozer15 is a very good sub but being made in china allows acme to price it a little lower than we can.

Potential customer: Well, if you're willing to lose a sell over $100 I guess I'll have to go with the chinese made wozer.

-------end chat-------

So much for the "most important thing" stuff

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
If we're serious about bringing manufacturing back to the US, we're going to have to understand that good, American sourced and made equipment will cost a little more. I like my AMERICAN MADE, HIGH QUALITY PSA gear!
Kelly

Sources: Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra, Fire TV
Processor and Amps: Emotiva XMC-1, XPA-DR2, XPA-5
Speakers: PSA 210Ts, 210C, dual S1500s, Polk surrounds

post #27373 of 52378 Old 07-11-2016, 10:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CURX8 View Post
I believe you do anti-mode first, then MCACC.
That usually works best, correct. Also, be sure to recheck the FRs after mcacc is finished too...just to be sure it didn't funkify anything for you.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Oledurt likes this.

post #27374 of 52378 Old 07-11-2016, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Liked: 373
funkify
post #27375 of 52378 Old 07-11-2016, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3527
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmiddleton4 View Post
funkify
clearly an industry term
post #27376 of 52378 Old 07-11-2016, 01:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1827 Post(s)
Liked: 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
clearly an industry term

Actually, a "PC" term.
post #27377 of 52378 Old 07-11-2016, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member

I just watched the beginning of terminator genysis with my twins OMFG scary bass downright scary.

I named my two v3600i's the front one is James Westfall and the rear one is Dr. Kenneth Noisewater...

post #27378 of 52378 Old 07-11-2016, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 683
Atmos Recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekosche View Post
I just watched the first half of Mad Max FR at reference with the V1800's +6dB hot. I randomly played back and tested some of the bass scenes that sounded or felt good to me, and there were a few peaks of 117-120dB at my MLP! That was crazy loud, awesome, and thoroughly impressive considering the 5k^3 ft space. This really makes me wonder what an added V3600i in the back corner would do for me. Must...resist...temptation!

I should focus on installing the atmos speakers this weekend, and be happy that I have almost a week off for some sweet listening sessions. Any atmos movie recommendations from the PSA family?
The opening sequence of Unbreakable is fantastic. American Sniper, 13 Hours, Gravity, Everest, In the Heart of the Sea, John Wick, Lucy (Japanese Import version), Transformers: Age of Extinction, Roger Waters: The Wall, San Andreas, Mad Max Fury Road, Man from Uncle, Pan. That's a good start...and if you have kids Goosebumps and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are lots of fun too. There are a others, but that is just to get you pumped up and hooked on Atmos induced Nirvana (almost all of these have fantastic bass scenes as well to quench your thirst for massive subwoofer throttle).

Remember, Atmos is not just about sounds in the height speakers. There is a fantastic realism to Atmos tracks, and perfect object placement, plus uncanny in-room immersion, can be just as sexy as sounds booming from above IMO. I have a feeling you are gonna enjoy the Dolby Surround Upmixer (DSU) quite a bit as well. So throw on Oblivion, Edge of Tomorrow, Avatar, and both Star Trek flicks...and you will see that DSU does a great job of creating an almost Pseudo-Atmos experience.

By the way...that bass pulse in the beginning of Edge of Tomorrow is breathtaking...my twins once again gave me a new experience watching a film I've watched multiple times before. Yes!!!!
Oledurt and newc33 like this.
post #27379 of 52378 Old 07-11-2016, 03:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked: 1816
Quote:
I just watched the beginning of terminator genysis with my twins OMFG scary bass downright scary.

I named my two v3600i's the front one is James Westfall and the rear one is Dr. Kenneth Noisewater...

Why am I drawing a blank as to what movies those names are from?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Oledurt likes this.

1600 cubic foot sealed room! Samsung 8500 curved 4k
denon x4100
JTR noesis 228s rear surround
Quad PSA T18s!!!!!!
Funk audio 12.2 HP mains powered by/funk audio 6x500 watt amp
post #27380 of 52378 Old 07-11-2016, 03:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newc33 View Post
Why am I drawing a blank as to what movies those names are from?

post #27381 of 52378 Old 07-11-2016, 03:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked: 1816
Quote:
https://youtu.be/gDyM1I9bxM4

Hahah nice! That was driving me nuts for while lol

Oledurt likes this.

1600 cubic foot sealed room! Samsung 8500 curved 4k
denon x4100
JTR noesis 228s rear surround
Quad PSA T18s!!!!!!
Funk audio 12.2 HP mains powered by/funk audio 6x500 watt amp
post #27382 of 52378 Old 07-11-2016, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 6
As part of our media room build I am creating a custom cabinet for my PSA V3600i.

This will be made in American Oak (appropriately given the recent forum chatter), with a preliminary design as below:

FRONT:

REAR:

As you can see the sub will be sitting directly on the floor (tiled over concrete) with acoustic mats between the sub and tiles. The rear of the cabinet will be open and the front will have a speaker grill.

I am considering the utility of acoustic treatments on the other internal surfaces of the cabinet and would appreciate any feedback on this.

If beneficial, I could also include speaker grills or slots in the wood on the side panels. This can be for both cosmetic and functional purposes. Thoughts?

This is a work in progress and will be completely custom made so I can incorporate any worthwhile ideas.

I look forward to any advice and experience.

PS. I have already had a good read through this forum topic

Addit - I just found this Sound and Vision article that I will read through as well.

Last edited by timi2fly; 07-11-2016 at 06:21 PM.
post #27383 of 52378 Old 07-11-2016, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 9317
post #27384 of 52378 Old 07-11-2016, 09:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahman12 View Post
Quote:
I just watched the first half of Mad Max FR at reference with the V1800's +6dB hot. I randomly played back and tested some of the bass scenes that sounded or felt good to me, and there were a few peaks of 117-120dB at my MLP! That was crazy loud, awesome, and thoroughly impressive considering the 5k^3 ft space. This really makes me wonder what an added V3600i in the back corner would do for me. Must...resist...temptation!

I should focus on installing the atmos speakers this weekend, and be happy that I have almost a week off for some sweet listening sessions. Any atmos movie recommendations from the PSA family?
The opening sequence of Unbreakable is fantastic. American Sniper, 13 Hours, Gravity, Everest, In the Heart of the Sea, John Wick, Lucy (Japanese Import version), Transformers: Age of Extinction, Roger Waters: The Wall, San Andreas, Mad Max Fury Road, Man from Uncle, Pan. That's a good start...and if you have kids Goosebumps and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are lots of fun too. There are a others, but that is just to get you pumped up and hooked on Atmos induced Nirvana (almost all of these have fantastic bass scenes as well to quench your thirst for massive subwoofer throttle).

Remember, Atmos is not just about sounds in the height speakers. There is a fantastic realism to Atmos tracks, and perfect object placement, plus uncanny in-room immersion, can be just as sexy as sounds booming from above IMO. I have a feeling you are gonna enjoy the Dolby Surround Upmixer (DSU) quite a bit as well. So throw on Oblivion, Edge of Tomorrow, Avatar, and both Star Trek flicks...and you will see that DSU does a great job of creating an almost Pseudo-Atmos experience.

By the way...that bass pulse in the beginning of Edge of Tomorrow is breathtaking...my twins once again gave me a new experience watching a film I've watched multiple times before. Yes!!!!
Thanks for your recommendations! I have most of those movies.

So I finally played with the atmos upfiring modules half the day and already put them back in the box with a return label. If you care to read it, I posted my impressions in another forum. My room wasn't meant for "reflected sound", so I think I'll now look at the path of least resistance, and throw some front height/atmos speakers up at least 8-10' high. I'll have to research a bit more, so I don't go too high or put any unnecessary holes in the wall.

If only there were some awesome quality, but smaller than the MT-110SR slanted speakers to more easily wall mount for front height/atmos, ones made in the USA, *cough cough*.

I rewatched many scenes from John Wick trying to set up the atmos modules, and the recent upgrade to dual V1800's really makes the soundtrack come alive in my room...the club scene truly pounds with authority!
lizrussspike likes this.
post #27385 of 52378 Old 07-11-2016, 09:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timi2fly View Post
As part of our media room build I am creating a custom cabinet for my PSA V3600i.
Looks good! The iso mats should keep the V3600 from vibrating. How much space will be between the media cabinet and the sub? I've had the front MT-110's with little 1" felt feet on them on top of my V1800s, and they haven't budged.
post #27386 of 52378 Old 07-12-2016, 12:03 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
My room wasn't meant for "reflected sound", so I think I'll now look at the path of least resistance, and throw some front height/atmos speakers up at least 8-10' high. I'll have to research a bit more, so I don't go too high or put any unnecessary holes in the wall.
My recent sub upgrade snowballed into an Atmos upgrade. Reflected sound was never an option with a room full of acoustic treatments. Wasn't keen on the idea of in-ceiling speakers so went with bookshelves from the same line as the rest of my setup.

So far I've moved the ceiling speakers 3 times and 2 of them are still a few inches off. The ceiling is starting to look like one of those peg boards you hang tools on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_D8T0514 copy.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	1541545   Click image for larger version

Name:	_D8T0515 copy.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	1541553   Click image for larger version

Name:	_D8T0552 copy.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	1541561  
post #27387 of 52378 Old 07-12-2016, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Thanks for your recommendations! I have most of those movies.

So I finally played with the atmos upfiring modules half the day and already put them back in the box with a return label. If you care to read it, I posted my impressions in another forum. My room wasn't meant for "reflected sound", so I think I'll now look at the path of least resistance, and throw some front height/atmos speakers up at least 8-10' high. I'll have to research a bit more, so I don't go too high or put any unnecessary holes in the wall.

If only there were some awesome quality, but smaller than the MT-110SR slanted speakers to more easily wall mount for front height/atmos, ones made in the USA, *cough cough*.

I rewatched many scenes from John Wick trying to set up the atmos modules, and the recent upgrade to dual V1800's really makes the soundtrack come alive in my room...the club scene truly pounds with authority!
there ARE...they are call DIY Volt 6's
post #27388 of 52378 Old 07-12-2016, 08:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 3506 Post(s)
Liked: 10892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakka View Post
My recent sub upgrade snowballed into an Atmos upgrade. Reflected sound was never an option with a room full of acoustic treatments. Wasn't keen on the idea of in-ceiling speakers so went with bookshelves from the same line as the rest of my setup.

So far I've moved the ceiling speakers 3 times and 2 of them are still a few inches off. The ceiling is starting to look like one of those peg boards you hang tools on.
There must be something wrong with me because I love looking at photos of different speakers, subs and all other audio gear. I just think audio equipment looks sexy. And I also love looking at the different set ups that people post. @Hakka I wanted to say that I really like looking at your HT. There's something about it that I think looks very cool.

Out of curiosity… what speakers are those?
Oledurt and cel4145 like this.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
post #27389 of 52378 Old 07-12-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakka View Post

thats some extreme toe in! why so much??
post #27390 of 52378 Old 07-12-2016, 08:49 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
There must be something wrong with me because I love looking at photos of different speakers, subs and all other audio gear. I just think audio equipment looks sexy. And I also love looking at the different set ups that people post. @Hakka I wanted to say that I really like looking at your HT. There's something about it that I think looks very cool.

Out of curiosity… what speakers are those?
They are bowers&wilkins 603s3, 602s3, 601s3 and lcr600s3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
chuffitychuffchuff , chuffmaster , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , hr chuff'n'stuff , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , psa , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , s3000i , s7201 , tv36 , v1500 , V1800 , v1801 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page