AVS Forum banner
6M views 82K replies 2K participants last post by  WestCoastD 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a thread about the Tom Vodhanel and Jim Farina founded.

Power Sound Audio

This is thread is for discussion about Power Sound Audio. New products, speculation, product recommendation and support of PSA products.

Other Power Sound Audio product threads / forums

Official PSA Triax Thread

Power Sound Audio Speaker Thread

Power Sound Vendor forum (here at AVS)

Contact Power Sound Audio

Contact Power Sound Audio via email

Power Sound Audio on Facebook

Power Sound Audio on Twitter

PSA 01 Series CEA2010 Data (dosen't include S7201)

Please feel free to ask questions, and talk about all things PSA related. If you haven't already you should consider emailing PSA at the provided link, to get the best recommendation for you room.

See less See more
#35,522 ·
I was right in the middle of the Betamax VHS format wars, 40 years ago, I paid $1200 for my first high end VHS RCA player/camcorder that I bought at CC. Four months later after 90 day warranty ran out cost me $400 for new heads on the VHS machine, more money than brains then.....:D

The price of early adoption...with the pace of change today, it makes even less sense, imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#35,523 · (Edited)
I dont have a pool table yet and the house is gutted!!
When we built I had to have a table as I more or less considered it a required piece of furniture. When they were assembling the table they mentioned the guy down the street had the larger size and of course I wanted that... However it gets very little use even though back in the day I used to regularly "pool around" during the weekends.

Bottom line it's pretty much a sofa table I have to occasionally dust and hopefully I'll get my money back if and when we sell the house.

Attachments

#35,524 ·
I was right in the middle of the Betamax VHS format wars, 40 years ago, I paid $1200 for my first high end VHS RCA player/camcorder that I bought at CC. Four months later after 90 day warranty ran out cost me $400 for new heads on the VHS machine, more money than brains then.....:D
I bet you had some great times watching your favorite movies and shows on it though?

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

#35,525 ·
I bet you had some great times watching your favorite movies and shows on it though?

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Our first VCR was made by Fisher. It too was expensive (around $900) somewhere around 1981 I think. I bet I watched Back to the Future over 100 times on that thing. One of my favorite movies is Journey to the Top of the World. The sound is horrible but I love the movie.

#35,526 ·
Our first VCR was made by Fisher. It too was expensive (around $900) somewhere around 1981 I think. I bet I watched Back to the Future over 100 times on that thing. One of my favorite movies is Journey to the Top of the World. The sound is horrible but I love the movie.
Island?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071671/

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

#35,527 ·
#35,528 ·
Yeah, you got me. I had Journey to the Center of the Earth on my mind too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052948/?ref_=nv_sr_2

and Robinson Crusoe on Mars.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058530/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Oh man, you're speaking my language now..:)

So many about the same theme.

* At the Earth Core
* people that time forgot(land that time forgot?)

There was another really good one. Helicopter finds some type of extremely deep crater in the Arctic(?) and hits a giant bird near it. They drop down and land on a prehistoric environment. Maybe journey to the center of the earth?

RC on Mars, have that in my Prime account. That one and Them were the first two I bought when I signed up.

Ever see Dinosaurus or War of the Gargantuans?

Good times..:)

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

#35,529 ·
Oh man, you're speaking my language now..:)

So many about the same theme.

* At the Earth Core
* people that time forgot(land that time forgot?)

There was another really good one. Helicopter finds some type of extremely deep crater in the Arctic(?) and hits a giant bird near it. They drop down and land on a prehistoric environment. Maybe journey to the center of the earth?

RC on Mars, have that in my Prime account. That one and Them were the first two I bought when I signed up.

Ever see Dinosaurus or War of the Gargantuans?

Good times..:)

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Subs and SciFi. Now we're really geekin' out. Love it.

Here's another one of my favorites:

The Forbidden Planet

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049223/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Reactions: mthomas47
#35,530 ·
You could try ebay, and offer local pickup only. That takes shipping off the table.
I will give that a shot eventually , I am going to try and use them nearfield for the time being...

When we built I had to have a table as I more or less considered it a required piece of furniture. When they were assembling the table they mentioned the guy down the street had the larger size and of course I wanted that... However it gets very little use even though back in the day I used to regularly "pool around" during the weekends.

Bottom line it's pretty much a sofa table I have to occasionally dust and hopefully I'll get my money back if and when we sell the house.

Thats pretty much how it goes..My dad still has one sitting in his living room , it got a couple years use and thats about it...I have been looking at the dining/pool table combos. They look pretty good and should pull double duty well....

Reactions: drh3b
#35,531 ·
Hi all,

Quick update on the S7201.

First production run of cabinets sold out pretty quick. Over the weekend I made the decision to push back a couple of other product in the build queue(at the cabinet shop) and scheduled a second round of S7201 cabinets. So they will be doing nothing but building S7201 cabinets for at least two weeks straight.

I don't think I can get more scheduled until September. If I try to get more in August we'll end up being OSS(out of stock) on several of our top sellers. So that's not a good option.

Anyway, as of today(August 1) a new order would still ship first half of August(or there abouts). But at some point(soon) a new order will be mid Sept most likely. And, by the looks of things, we may be running a month behind on these for quite a while.

Not that we're complaining..:)

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

#35,532 ·
Question for the experts. Would it be totally feasible to turn a down firing 15v sideways to make it front firing?
I'm assuming so.
Reason being is *when* I order another v1500 I'm planning on putting two 15v's nearfield behind my couch, with drivers facing it.
I plan on building a little riser as well to bring them up to chest/back level.
[emoji12] [emoji12]

#35,533 ·
Question for the experts. Would it be totally feasible to turn a down firing 15v sideways to make it front firing?
I'm assuming so.
Reason being is *when* I order another v1500 I'm planning on putting two 15v's nearfield behind my couch, with drivers facing it.
[emoji12] [emoji12]

No problems at all doing that with one of my 15s subs. Obviously you don't want the port facing down with the 15v but apart from that should be good to go.

#35,534 ·
I'm assuming so.
[emoji12] [emoji12]
Side orientation is fine.

The two possible concerns are the subwoofer to floor contact point. If you are carpet, no worries. If it is a hard surface put something under the sub...a piece of carpet, carpet padding, even a fold towel. The other consideration would be the heat sinking(fins) on a built in amplifier. Going vertical to horizontal with them will degrade their heat transference. Our amps don't have fins so its no problem..:)

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

#35,535 ·
Side orientation is fine.

The two possible concerns are the subwoofer to floor contact point. If you are carpet, no worries. If it is a hard surface put something under the sub...a piece of carpet, carpet padding, even a fold towel. The other consideration would be the heat sinking(fins) on a built in amplifier. Going vertical to horizontal with them will degrade their heat transference. Our amps don't have fins so its no problem..:)

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Sweet thanks Tom. Like I mentioned I'm going to be building a riser with rubber isolation feet etc so the subs will be up a bit higher and cushioned so to speak.
Set aside a v1500 for me I'll be ordering in a few weeks lol ;)

#35,536 ·

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Absolutely, I was totally in awe, we had a video rental shop open up in my area and I rented 20 films that day, back then you had options how long you wanted to rent the movies for and you could return the ones you watched and only pay for the time you had them. Mostly all horror films of the 20 rented, all of them you guys mentioned plus a boat load of others, good times indeed.

VHS tape was an excellent audio recording format, I put hours of good music on those tape boxes for lots of good listening. I even got into the video recorder/player service business, after spending $400 on a video head I learned how to repair and maintain them, pretty basic once you understood how they worked, really miss them.

#35,537 ·
I'm assuming so.
[emoji12] [emoji12]
Sub bass is omnidirectional so it doesn't matter how you position it that much. But like you said, you want the drivers firing right at your back if they are behind you for more TR and impact. :D

#35,539 ·
Hi guys, have anyone make a direct comparison between the V1801 and the S3601? Witch one will provide more room shaking / tactile feel ? or they will be similar? my room is a sealed 2700cf and used exclusively for movies. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

To rule out the "what if" order both and keep the one you like. Sealed versus ported bring different elements and room can make a huge difference as well. I recently compared a JTR Cap 1400 and a Seaton Submersives HP and results were in favor of the sealed which was surprising. Not to say that you will find the same. Ported should provided more TR on paper but I found it to be different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#35,540 ·
Hi guys, have anyone make a direct comparison between the V1801 and the S3601? Witch one will provide more room shaking / tactile feel ? or they will be similar? my room is a sealed 2700cf and used exclusively for movies. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
I think you'd find the S3601 to have more "room shaking" potential. The S3601 is going to extend deeper and it will also have a big edge in max output capabilities in the 55-120hz range...almost equal to dual V1801 there. In the 15-50hz range they would be similar in max capabilities though as the vent on the V1801 adds a lot of system efficiency through much of that operating bandwidth.

The S3601 is almost 50% more expensive and quite a bit larger though.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio