Need some advice: JBL ES250 or Velodyne Impact 10? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-28-2011, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I recently ordered a JBL ES 250 12-inch sub from Amazon during one of their "lightening deals" for $170 (regularly between $350-$400). I'm pretty happy with the sound, although, since it's my first decent sub, I don't have much to compare it to. (I originally bought a Jamo sub210 8-inch sub at Fry's when it was on sale for $99 to go along with the $149 Jamo 426 set).

The biggest downside to the JBL is that it is huge and takes up quite a bit of room in my small-ish apartment. I'm looking at the Velodyne Impact 10, which is a better size for my room, but I'm concerned that, since it's a 10-inch sub vs. the JBL's 12-inch, that I'll be losing the deep, tight bass I was looking for.

I don't need to shake the walls. I just want tight, deep bass without the muddy-ness that I had with the Jamo sub210.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-28-2011, 06:59 PM
JJ7

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 104
I just picked up the Impact 10 to replace an old Polk PSW 303 I had been using. I too was looking for a compact model and the Impact 10 is definitely superior to the Polk. My standard test material is the Iron Man Blu-Ray-the scene where he exits the cave. The 303 couldn't handle that scene at all, it was just muddy garbage. The Impact 10 did a nice job with it... not as good as the SVS PC-12 Plus I have in my main room, but still enjoyable to listen to. So if you're looking for a compact sub I think the Velodyne is a good choice.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-29-2011, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1193 Post(s)
Liked: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ7 View Post

I just picked up the Impact 10 to replace an old Polk PSW 303 I had been using. I too was looking for a compact model and the Impact 10 is definitely superior to the Polk. My standard test material is the Iron Man Blu-Ray-the scene where he exits the cave. The 303 couldn't handle that scene at all, it was just muddy garbage. The Impact 10 did a nice job with it... not as good as the SVS PC-12 Plus I have in my main room, but still enjoyable to listen to. So if you're looking for a compact sub I think the Velodyne is a good choice.

+1

Ian

The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice you give to others

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Velodyne Impact 10 10 Subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page