AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/)
-   -   Sub to aid Paradigm Cinema 400 LCR (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/1500593-sub-aid-paradigm-cinema-400-lcr.html)

PapaPhive 11-19-2013 07:10 PM

I am looking for a recommendation on the purchase of a new sub in a dedicated home theater project I am working on. The room is approx 25' x 19' x 10'. The room will be used 80% movies and 20% games.

I will be using three Paradigm Cinema 400s for the LCR with four Inwalltech Pro Gold M65s for the rear and side surrounds. I plan on powering them on my Yamaha RX-V673. I am aware that the on wall Cinema 400s lack in low end frequency response lower than 115hz and that has me a bit concerned. I am by no means an audiophile, but don't want to miss out either.

Can anyone provide a good sub that can adequately take over where the Cinema 400s fall behind? I am working with a $600 budget and would like to stick to just one sub for the time being.

I have been looking at other recommendations here and are considering:
Rythmik LV 12R
Outlaw LFM-1 EX
HSU VTF-2

All recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

PapaPhive 11-20-2013 12:30 PM

Well, I just bit the bullet on a HSU VTF-3 MK4 and hope that was a good choice. I am not very "in tune" with this audio stuff, but am looking forward to putting it all together!

eljaycanuck 11-20-2013 12:43 PM

The VTF-3 MK4 is a well-regarded sub and it should perform well. But, at ~4,750 cu.ft., your room is quite large, so don't be surprised if, after a while, you find yourself thinking about adding a second sub... wink.gifsmile.gif

spyboy 11-20-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaPhive View Post

Well, I just bit the bullet on a HSU VTF-3 MK4 and hope that was a good choice. I am not very "in tune" with this audio stuff, but am looking forward to putting it all together!

In a space the size of yours, I suggest that you use the VTF-3 MK4 in Maximum Output mode, (both ports open), rather than in Maximum Extension mode, (one port plugged).

PapaPhive 11-20-2013 01:45 PM

Will do! And, I am not opposed to eventually picking up a second; however, for the time being and in an effort to manage available funds, I will now be looking into acoustics.

splat10 11-18-2016 11:54 PM

PapaPhive, not sure if you are still around but how have your cinema 400 LCR with the HSU worked out for you. I got some cinema 400's and haven't chosen a sub yet. The speakers leave a lot without one so i'm worried about their performance. I'm looking at an SVS PB2000. How have the highs on your 400's been?