Klipsch SW-110 or BIC America F12 subwoofer - Which is better - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-23-2013, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11

I would like to get some input of a home theatre I'm putting together.  95% of it will be for watching movies.

I have a rather large living room 24' x 18' with 8' ceilings.  Next to my 60" Samsung LED television which is in a small corner, I have about 2' of room before hitting the fireplace.  I was thing of using that space for the subwoofer.  Don't have much room for front standing floor speakers.  Anyhow my budget is around $1500 for the speakers and receiver.  Haven't researched any receivers yet.  Figured I get the speakers first,

I have narrowed it down to the following:

Definitive Technology:

• 4 - Pro Monitor 1000 - front and rear
  • 1 - Pro Center 2000 - center

The problem is figuring out the subwoofer.  I have looked at many reviews and was going to buy the Klipsch SW-110.  Then this morning I found great reviews for the BIC America F-12.  The Klipsch is $500 on Amazon and the BIC America is on sale for $182.  Big difference...  They both seem like good choices.

Can anyone tell me which one might be better for my setup?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-23-2013, 10:18 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 10280
Neither...with 1500.00 budget for everything, I would allocate atleast 500-600.00 for a sub and look at something along the lines of a SVS PB-1000, HSU VTF-2, or a Rythmik LV12. The sub is what makes or breaks a System.

Look at Polk Direct- go with some RTI-A3 fronts, CSI A6 center, FXI-A6 rear.

Should be able to find a decent AVR for around 300.00 especially with black friday around the corner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Bic America F12 12 Inch 475 Watt Front Firing Powered Subwoofer , Klipsch Sw 110 Reference Series 10 Inch 200 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Procenter 2000 Compact Center Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Procenter 1000 Compact Center Speaker Single White , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio Lv12r , Polk Audio Rti A3 Bookshelf Speakers , Polk Audio Csi A6 Center Channel Speaker , Polk Audio Fxi A6 Surround Speakers Pair Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page