Best sub for my setup and Living Room size - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-02-2014, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11

New to this forum and new to the home theater, I'm about to move into a house and the living room is 16X14 with vaulted ceilings. I currently just bought POLK surround sound because it was on sale over Thanksgiving black Friday, front speakers the POLK Monitor 60's, my center is Polk CS2, the rears are Polk Monitor 40's and got it all for $450 and now there back up to $1200. For now wanna stay with a 5.1 and maybe down the road bump up to the 7.1 o and also my Receiver is a Pioneer VSX-822-K which I bought when it came out a couple of years ago when I was originally gonna do a HT. So far I do really like the POLK surround sound setup but I feel like my receiver is under powering them?  I guess this is a 2 part question, which sub should I go for and my max with shipping is $800 and if you guys think I should upgrade the receiver then please give me ideas. All info I do appreciate and thanks for the time to help out a newbie to this awesome world of surround sound. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-02-2014, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1891 Post(s)
Liked: 2652
Quote:
... which sub should I go for and my max with shipping is $800 ...
PSA XV15 ($799, shipped)

As for the underpowering issue, wait until you've incorporated a sub into your system and it's taking the lower-frequencies (~80Hz and below) load off the receiver. You may find that a new receiver is not necessary.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-02-2014, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1330 Post(s)
Liked: 1358
I would go for a Hsu VTF3. When you do add a sub, it will change the sound of your whole setup, you'll find your receiver is probably just fine. I have never been a fan of the Polk Monitors though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-02-2014, 05:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Polk monitors are fine. They are just a bit laid back. I have a pair of M60's and M40's that I'm probably going to use in a second home theater. They are definitely the opposite of my Klipsch speakers.

Projector: Benq W1070 1080p 2D/3D
AVR: Denon X2200W
Mains: Klipsch RF-62ii x 2
Center: Klipsch RC-62ii
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-42ii x 4
Subs: Dual Hsu VTF-15H's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Polk Audio Monitor Series Cs2 Center Channel Speaker Single Black , Polk Audio Monitor 60 Am6025 A 2 Way Floorstanding Speaker Single Black , Polk Audio Monitor 40 Am4025 A 2 Way Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black , Pioneer Vsx 822 K 5 1 Channel 3d A V Receiv Bundle , Xv15 , Hsu Vtf3 Mk4

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page