Reaction Audio Subs - Page 139 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4224Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4141 of 6445 Old 10-08-2015, 03:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
edgebsl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gulfport MS
Posts: 2,236
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 1183
Opinions and input needed.

Would everyone prefer the look of the drivers with the addition of the "Wrap around" subwoofer gasket?

if you are not sure what I am referring to, I have attached a pic of a Dayton sub with one attached to the edge. It covers up the top of the outer flange where it makes it more difficult to see the screws and the edge of the basket. Wasn't a huge fan of them in the past, but many prefer the look.

I have not really seen anyone ask for it in our threads or had any requests from customers. But in another manufacturer's thread, referencing our subs, it is apparently a very pertinent subject.

This is something we could easily, easily offer in the future.
It would require re-doing the cutout dimensions on the CNC but we could add this as soon as late November.

Feedback is always welcome. If you guys think this would be a bonus, big thanks to all for their input in helping make our products even better.

If everyone is happy with the way the drivers are mounted that's all good too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gasket sub.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	983833  
gkf15 likes this.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

edgebsl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4142 of 6445 Old 10-08-2015, 03:36 PM
Member
 
devarade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Exclamation Horizontal Center channel CX15 or CX12

Hello Guys ,
i had a detail conversation with Jeremy yesterday about my Home theater setup. i am planning to go a ahead with 5.2 setup. This is what i have in my mind. (3 CX 15T/2 CX 8/ 2 GAMMA 18)
But Do you guys think that CX15 will be too large as a Horizontal Center channel.
what do you guys Recommend for 15 X 15 X 9 room size as a Center channel.
devarade is offline  
post #4143 of 6445 Old 10-08-2015, 03:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
FattyMcButterPants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,660
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
Liked: 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgebsl View Post
Opinions and input needed.

Would everyone prefer the look of the drivers with the addition of the "Wrap around" subwoofer gasket?

if you are not sure what I am referring to, I have attached a pic of a Dayton sub with one attached to the edge. It covers up the top of the outer flange where it makes it more difficult to see the screws and the edge of the basket. Wasn't a huge fan of them in the past, but many prefer the look.

I have not really seen anyone ask for it in our threads or had any requests from customers. But in another manufacturer's thread, referencing our subs, it is apparently a very pertinent subject.

This is something we could easily, easily offer in the future.
It would require re-doing the cutout dimensions on the CNC but we could add this as soon as late November.

Feedback is always welcome. If you guys think this would be a bonus, big thanks to all for their input in helping make our products even better.

If everyone is happy with the way the drivers are mounted that's all good too.
I say move to the gasket unless it's going to cause some sort of manufacturing concern, or is prohibitively expensive to implement. Worrying about things that make no functional difference and/or can't be seen has never made much sense to me, but topics like this come up all the time. So apparently people care a lot and think it makes a difference lol.
gkf15 likes this.
FattyMcButterPants is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4144 of 6445 Old 10-08-2015, 03:55 PM
Member
 
devarade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
The difference in height when put horizontally will be 4". So it really depends on where you plan to put it on (is it going on a TV stand or a center speaker stand) or if you plan to put anything on the center speaker.

If it will go on a dedicated center speaker stand, then it's better for you to have the front 3 all CX15.
i have a dedicated home theater room. Center channel will be on a stand just below the Projector Screen. My only concern is that ,
will cx15 be too big for 15X15 Room size
devarade is offline  
post #4145 of 6445 Old 10-08-2015, 03:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
edgebsl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gulfport MS
Posts: 2,236
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by devarade View Post
Hello Guys ,
i had a detail conversation with Jeremy yesterday about my Home theater setup. i am planning to go a ahead with 5.2 setup. This is what i have in my mind. (3 CX 15T/2 CX 8/ 2 GAMMA 18)
But Do you guys think that CX15 will be too large as a Horizontal Center channel.
what do you guys Recommend for 15 X 15 X 9 room size as a Center channel.
Hey D, remember I mentioned we can do a custom center that is a bit smaller if you need. Basically shrinking the 40" dimension. The only thing you would really sacrifice is bass extension. You would still have great bass down close to 50 hz.

We have made a few horizontal centers in the past but most get CX-15s as towers and many are behind AT screens.

The CX-10 works pretty well as a center too.
Shoot me over some space requirements and I can see what we can do.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers


Last edited by edgebsl; 10-08-2015 at 04:02 PM.
edgebsl is offline  
post #4146 of 6445 Old 10-08-2015, 04:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
edgebsl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gulfport MS
Posts: 2,236
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
I say move to the gasket unless it's going to cause some sort of manufacturing concern, or is prohibitively expensive to implement. Worrying about things that make no functional difference and/or can't be seen has never made much sense to me, but topics like this come up all the time. So apparently people care a lot and think it makes a difference lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
I actually have not noticed the gasket till Jeremy brought it up...

If I have the drivers in front of me, one the "Wrap around" gasket, and the other without, I do like the "Wrap around" gasket better. However, if I ordered a sub that uses a driver without it, I won't feel that it looks wrong.

I will say that if adding the "Wrap around" subwoofer gasket improves the fit and finish or at least curtail the criticisms about it, then by all means, please do it.
Sounds like we should look into it.

It should not increase costs very much at all.
We would just need cabinets with a slightly larger outer cutout. I'll see what we can do a couple of months down the road. Piece o cake.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

edgebsl is offline  
post #4147 of 6445 Old 10-08-2015, 04:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Warmacblu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 294
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgebsl View Post
Opinions and input needed.

Would everyone prefer the look of the drivers with the addition of the "Wrap around" subwoofer gasket?

if you are not sure what I am referring to, I have attached a pic of a Dayton sub with one attached to the edge. It covers up the top of the outer flange where it makes it more difficult to see the screws and the edge of the basket. Wasn't a huge fan of them in the past, but many prefer the look.

I have not really seen anyone ask for it in our threads or had any requests from customers. But in another manufacturer's thread, referencing our subs, it is apparently a very pertinent subject.

This is something we could easily, easily offer in the future.
It would require re-doing the cutout dimensions on the CNC but we could add this as soon as late November.

Feedback is always welcome. If you guys think this would be a bonus, big thanks to all for their input in helping make our products even better.

If everyone is happy with the way the drivers are mounted that's all good too.
I am assuming that this will apply to the entire lineup and will be the only option. No half and half or optional wrap around? If that is the case then I would say yes solely to curtail any complaints and if it doesn't provide any engineering issues.

Personally it doesn't matter to me, I will always use those nice grills you provide.
Warmacblu is offline  
post #4148 of 6445 Old 10-08-2015, 04:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
edgebsl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gulfport MS
Posts: 2,236
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmacblu View Post
I am assuming that this will apply to the entire lineup and will be the only option. No half and half or optional wrap around? If that is the case then I would say yes solely to curtail any complaints and if it doesn't provide any engineering issues.

Personally it doesn't matter to me, I will always use those nice grills you provide.
Thanks for the input.
I think we just have to do some measuring and make sure it will work on everything. I don't want to leave anybody feeling like we are going too far with changing things.

But over the course of the next 6 months, year, if we can continually subtly improve, I don't see that as a negative.

I think we have gotten this far by listening to customers and being attentive to their opinions so I will continue to do that.
Scott Stice likes this.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

edgebsl is offline  
post #4149 of 6445 Old 10-08-2015, 04:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
FattyMcButterPants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,660
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
Liked: 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmacblu View Post
I am assuming that this will apply to the entire lineup and will be the only option. No half and half or optional wrap around? If that is the case then I would say yes solely to curtail any complaints and if it doesn't provide any engineering issues.

Personally it doesn't matter to me, I will always use those nice grills you provide.
The RA grills are awesome! The magnets on my CX speaker grills are crazy strong man, sometimes I just toss the grill at the speaker to watch it stick lol.
gkf15 and Scott Stice like this.
FattyMcButterPants is offline  
post #4150 of 6445 Old 10-08-2015, 04:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
edgebsl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gulfport MS
Posts: 2,236
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by devarade View Post
i have a dedicated home theater room. Center channel will be on a stand just below the Projector Screen. My only concern is that ,
will cx15 be too big for 15X15 Room size
With 15x15 I typically would say that the room is small, but you did say that seating distance would be 14 feet back and that there was an extension in the back of the room?

14 feet is a good distance for the CX-15.
You may not need that much speaker in that space but of course many here thrive on getting more than they need.

It's like:
"Hey that's overkill." response: "Why thank you, I am most flattered".

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

edgebsl is offline  
post #4151 of 6445 Old 10-08-2015, 05:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Warmacblu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 294
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgebsl View Post
Thanks for the input.
I think we just have to do some measuring and make sure it will work on everything. I don't want to leave anybody feeling like we are going too far with changing things.

But over the course of the next 6 months, year, if we can continually subtly improve, I don't see that as a negative.

I think we have gotten this far by listening to customers and being attentive to their opinions so I will continue to do that.
No problem.

Yeah, it's hard to continually improve but not so fast so that your "older" customers feel left behind. I know you don't really advertise it but don't you offer some sort of trade-in program / incentive or is that a case by case thing?
Warmacblu is offline  
post #4152 of 6445 Old 10-08-2015, 05:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Molon_Labe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,256
Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3436 Post(s)
Liked: 4124
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
@ devarade,



To put it into perspective, my room is 14' 6" wide. My sub is the same width as the Gamma 18. The media stand I have in front of the TV stand is 47" wide. The speakers are 2 feet from the side walls.

So I think the CX-15 (40" wide) would definitely fit at the front of your dedicated HT even if you must have the Gamma 18s flanking your center. If you plan to have a Gamma 18 at the back of the room, then you will have more wiggle room for the sub.
I am glad the couch is in front of you. You seem to be missing some clothes in that TV reflection
Molon_Labe is offline  
post #4153 of 6445 Old 10-08-2015, 06:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lz7j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,056
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 695 Post(s)
Liked: 687
@chucky7 - I found a discrepancy in the picture you've posted and I took the liberty in correcting it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chucky7.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	984017  
chucky7, carp, zencarver and 1 others like this.
lz7j is offline  
post #4154 of 6445 Old 10-08-2015, 06:36 PM
 
shadyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 8,743
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1330 Post(s)
Liked: 1358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon_Labe View Post
I am glad the couch is in front of you. You seem to be missing some clothes in that TV reflection
lol, at least he was standing behind the couch!

By the way Chucky, are you still having issues with your neighbors with your bass being too loud?
shadyJ is offline  
post #4155 of 6445 Old 10-08-2015, 07:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
FattyMcButterPants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,660
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
Liked: 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
Haha,

I posted a picture first (the one w/o the center speaker) which I took when I only had my 2.1 hooked up. After I got home, I realized that I have another one with 5.1 hooked up so I edited my original post. But it was too late. Molon_Labe had already quoted the old picture. Hence the discrepancy...
Pretty sure the discrepancy he rectified was the addition of a second cap1400... Lol.
chucky7 likes this.
FattyMcButterPants is offline  
post #4156 of 6445 Old 10-08-2015, 07:57 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 13,218
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 9291
drivers definitely need the wrap around gasket to give the sub that refined look.
basshead81 is offline  
post #4157 of 6445 Old 10-08-2015, 08:04 PM
 
shadyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 8,743
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1330 Post(s)
Liked: 1358
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
Well, I figured both times the cops came on Friday night, so I refrained from watching loud bass flicks on Fridays nights.

But the mom would ask the husband (who is at work ) to call whenever I watch a movie with decent bass on weekday nights. Again, I listen no louder than MV -12.5. He called twice last Wednesday when I was watching San Andreas. By the time I was done at 9:45, the AVR was @ MV -20.

No one complained when was I watching Terminator Genysis last Saturday afternoon. So at least I know Saturday afternoons are good for loud/bassy movies...

The last 2 movies I watched, The Hunger Games, and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire were not know for bass so I doubt she felt a thing.
The thing is Chucky, how much longer can this arrangement last? Have you thought about near-field placement, maybe put the sub right behind your listening position, like behind the couch. That way you don't have to run the sub as hard to experience the same amount of bass, which will doubtlessly lower the SPLs your neighbors are experiencing.
shadyJ is offline  
post #4158 of 6445 Old 10-08-2015, 09:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
edgebsl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gulfport MS
Posts: 2,236
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmacblu View Post
No problem.

Yeah, it's hard to continually improve but not so fast so that your "older" customers feel left behind. I know you don't really advertise it but don't you offer some sort of trade-in program / incentive or is that a case by case thing?
For right now, its case by case.

For anyone trying discern the recess on our subs from the pics, our 18 inch drivers are recessed about an inch deep to account for excursion and our front baffle is over 2 inches thick.
The grill still needs to be an inch thick to avoid getting hit by the driver.

The xl models are recessed 1 inch too. The surround is just thick...2 inch grills required.

There seems to be some confusion in other threads as to why our drivers arent only recessed 3/8" on a 1 inch baffle or something like that?

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1444365011404.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	984353

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
chucky7 and gkf15 like this.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

edgebsl is offline  
post #4159 of 6445 Old 10-08-2015, 09:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
edgebsl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gulfport MS
Posts: 2,236
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 1183
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1444365335065.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	984369

Here is a quick pic of one of the "pretty" production 21" cabs still curing.

We will be getting one of these posing for some high res photos in about 24 hours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
gkf15 likes this.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

edgebsl is offline  
post #4160 of 6445 Old 10-08-2015, 10:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
WereWolf84's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,149
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgebsl View Post
Attachment 984369

Here is a quick pic of one of the "pretty" production 21" cabs still curing.

We will be getting one of these posing for some high res photos in about 24 hours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Hi Jeremy,

the cab only braced with one window bracing? just wonder would it strong enough to avoid cab vibration?
WereWolf84 is online now  
post #4161 of 6445 Old 10-08-2015, 10:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
edgebsl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gulfport MS
Posts: 2,236
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by WereWolf84 View Post
Hi Jeremy,

the cab only braced with one window bracing? just wonder would it strong enough to avoid cab vibration?
Yes. The baffle is nearly 3 inches thick. The whole cabinet and full panel brace are all 1 inch mdf. Its a very solid cabinet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
gkf15 and WereWolf84 like this.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

edgebsl is offline  
post #4162 of 6445 Old 10-08-2015, 11:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 8,440
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2524 Post(s)
Liked: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
Are you saying that the F3 would be the X in frequency response of X~200Hz +/- 3 dB?



The F3 is definitely not 16 Hz. But I don't see anything wrong with RA stating Echo 15's frequency response is 16 ~ 200Hz +/- 3 dB if +3 dB is @ 106dB and -3 dB is @ 100 dB.

I completely agree chucky, the +/- 3dB doesn't start at 106dB. 106dB is the +3d and 100dB is the -3dB.
chucky7 and gkf15 like this.
jbrown15 is offline  
post #4163 of 6445 Old 10-09-2015, 05:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eljaycanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 9,848
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1891 Post(s)
Liked: 2652
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
I completely agree chucky, the +/- 3dB doesn't start at 106dB. ...
Yup. +/-3dB is the same as +0/-6dB. Find the peak (+0dB), find the points (at both ends of the FR curve) that are 6dB down from it and you've got your +/-3dB variance.
chucky7 likes this.
eljaycanuck is offline  
post #4164 of 6445 Old 10-09-2015, 06:21 AM
Advanced Member
 
Docethic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 537
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1981 View Post
IMHO it's not a make or break feature since I run my sub grill on 99% of the time anyway. However, I'll admit that I do think that a wrap around gasket would provide a more polished look.
I agree. Given the choice, I would opt for the full gasket, but would not sway my purchase decision.
Docethic is offline  
post #4165 of 6445 Old 10-09-2015, 10:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
countryWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntington West Virginia
Posts: 1,849
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked: 594
@Jeremy

Is this the 21" woofer being used in the Gamma 21 or similar? http://www.pierceaudioproducts.com/s...ubwoofers.html

Chris
countryWV is offline  
post #4166 of 6445 Old 10-09-2015, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
edgebsl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gulfport MS
Posts: 2,236
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post
@Jeremy

Is this the 21" woofer being used in the Gamma 21 or similar? http://www.pierceaudioproducts.com/s...ubwoofers.html
Soft parts and basket are similar.

Motor is 3 1 inch slugs.
their 6k series is a 4 3/4 inch slug motor, so I guess you could say the 21" is sort of a 2k/6K series custom hybrid?

Custom voice coils optimised for the ICE amps and custom motor but same cone, surround and basket.
gkf15 and countryWV like this.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

edgebsl is offline  
post #4167 of 6445 Old 10-09-2015, 11:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
edgebsl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gulfport MS
Posts: 2,236
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1981 View Post
IMHO it's not a make or break feature since I run my sub grill on 99% of the time anyway. However, I'll admit that I do think that a wrap around gasket would provide a more polished look.
We can get these on the 15,18 and 21' subs.
Can't implement until late November at the soonest though.

So far the feeling I get is that while not a huge deal, most think it would add a nice aesthetic. We'll get it going.
gkf15 likes this.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

edgebsl is offline  
post #4168 of 6445 Old 10-09-2015, 04:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Warmacblu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 294
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgebsl View Post
We can get these on the 15,18 and 21' subs.
Can't implement until late November at the soonest though.

So far the feeling I get is that while not a huge deal, most think it would add a nice aesthetic. We'll get it going.
And it's not something that can be added after the fact? Or maybe a add-on people can purchase from you?
Warmacblu is offline  
post #4169 of 6445 Old 10-09-2015, 04:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 8,440
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2524 Post(s)
Liked: 1997
Reaction Audio Subs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmacblu View Post
And it's not something that can be added after the fact? Or maybe a add-on people can purchase from you?

The problem is the recessed opening for the driver is CNC'd to fit the driver without the gasket. Adding the gasket would require a slightly larger opening.
gkf15 likes this.
jbrown15 is offline  
post #4170 of 6445 Old 10-09-2015, 05:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
edgebsl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gulfport MS
Posts: 2,236
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmacblu View Post
And it's not something that can be added after the fact? Or maybe a add-on people can purchase from you?
We have close to all of the cabinets cut for all of our pending orders and will even have a few extra. They are all cut for the driver to be snug without an all over gasket.

We can make the switch on the next production run of cabinets and can do that on the first run of 21s as well.
I don't think anyone would want to wait longer for one with the wrap over just for that reason because the aesthetic is more subtle.
gkf15 and Scott Stice like this.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

edgebsl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off