Reaction Audio Subs - Page 167 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4224Likes

post #4981 of 6445 Old 03-19-2016, 09:03 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
I hear you my friend, being above (+) 0dB is not recommended for sub trim levels, hopefully all that will be resolved and you'll get to enjoy your sub.
To be fair, at first the gain issue did bother me a lot but then once I gave up tinkering and started to enjoy the completed system, I never thought about it again lol. Now I just hope the G21 is as well behaved as the 18!

Any plans to audition the upcoming Axis speakers?? (I saw that you are on the move speaker wise)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4982 of 6445 Old 03-19-2016, 10:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2449 Post(s)
Liked: 3387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docethic View Post
To be fair, at first the gain issue did bother me a lot but then once I gave up tinkering and started to enjoy the completed system, I never thought about it again lol. Now I just hope the G21 is as well behaved as the 18!

Any plans to audition the upcoming Axis speakers?? (I saw that you are on the move speaker wise)
I'd really like to see (hear) some owner's reviews of the G21s, are there many out there yet?
No plans with the Axis speakers, if I were going that direction I would be really interested to see what Ryan has to offer with his new designs, I'll live through your guys experiences with them. I wish nothing but the best with this new endeavor.........

Are the E21s shipping as well?
post #4983 of 6445 Old 03-19-2016, 11:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Quoted: 2492 Post(s)
Liked: 3884
Jeremy, have you considered adding another cabinet vendor to help meet customer demand? Having all your eggs in one basket seems to have kept you, even after 2+ years(?), perpetually backlogged with long lead times of over 2 months.

I mention this because you seem to offer a very high value product with good quality components, but I would venture to bet that you are losing far more business than you realize. For every one person that voices their displeasure with waiting 2.5 months on an order that still has not been built, I would bet that there are many many more who are upset that just don't say anything, and potential customers who are not willing to place an order based on the lead time issues.

Course, maybe I am completely off base with what I perceive to be your supply issue(cabinets). But this seems to be the bottleneck...once you have cabinets in hand ready to go, assembling the product is a fairly quick process.

Anyhow, just thought I would mention that perhaps looking into a second vendor might prove worthwhile. Having all your eggs in one basket might not be a good long term solution. Best of luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4984 of 6445 Old 03-19-2016, 11:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I'd really like to see (hear) some owner's reviews of the G21s, are there many out there yet?
No plans with the Axis speakers, if I were going that direction I would be really interested to see what Ryan has to offer with his new designs, I'll live through your guys experiences with them. I wish nothing but the best with this new endeavor.........

Are the E21s shipping as well?
I think they are shipping very soon if they haven't begun already. Jeremy said there were only 8 G21s currently in the wild, but there would be a couple dozen out there by the end of the month. Either way, I think I have only read 1 member experience on them, so more owners should share!
ahblaza likes this.
post #4985 of 6445 Old 03-19-2016, 01:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Jeremy, have you considered adding another cabinet vendor to help meet customer demand? Having all your eggs in one basket seems to have kept you, even after 2+ years(?), perpetually backlogged with long lead times of over 2 months.

I mention this because you seem to offer a very high value product with good quality components, but I would venture to bet that you are losing far more business than you realize. For every one person that voices their displeasure with waiting 2.5 months on an order that still has not been built, I would bet that there are many many more who are upset that just don't say anything, and potential customers who are not willing to place an order based on the lead time issues.

Course, maybe I am completely off base with what I perceive to be your supply issue(cabinets). But this seems to be the bottleneck...once you have cabinets in hand ready to go, assembling the product is a fairly quick process.

Anyhow, just thought I would mention that perhaps looking into a second vendor might prove worthwhile. Having all your eggs in one basket might not be a good long term solution. Best of luck.
You actually hit the nail on the head. And yes we may consider adding another shop.

I have been assured that what has happened with the last of these cabinet orders will never happen again. They just received a new sliding table saw costing 12.5k and have just ordered a larger, monster CNC with vacuum table. So they are making serious commitments and investments to insure future production is fast.

They just dumped over 65 cabinets on us, so now the challenge is getting all of them out the door. We can do that pretty fast. Hopefully everyone will be able to bear with us as we plow through those and get back to our catch up point in the next couple of weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAW.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1324697  
chucky7, djreef, gkf15 and 1 others like this.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

post #4986 of 6445 Old 03-19-2016, 01:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post

I think you are really on target. The lead times that brings some discontent on this thread bring a lot of bad and injustified publicity... It's a shame because some potential customers will only focus on that aspect of the problem and not take into account the sheer value of the products... Not saying that to be an ass at all, because I really think the way Jeremy handles the company is how business should be done. The guy is staying in touch with his customers, and always helps them. Awesome product + top notch customer service = success...

Since the cabinet maker is also doing an awesome job, couldn't he simply hire more qualified personnel to be able to keep up to the demand and churn out the required amount of cabinets to shrink the lead times? I mean, the product is enough quality to wait 3-4 weeks. But 2 months + is a "bite the bullet" situation for some.

Again, I just wanted to say I think exactly like you, bear , and not willing to be too much of a critic , since RA is an unique company of it's own kind.

Polk Audio LSIM703, Polk Audio LSIM704c, Polk Audio RTI-A1 surrounds
Dual Reaction-Audio BPS212 turbo subwoofers
Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel RMB-1095 power amp
Pioneer Elite n50 network player
Marantz CD6004 cd player, Marantz UD5007 Blu ray player, Modded Rega RP1 turntable
Panasonic Tcl55dt60 led tv,Playstation 3 and a lot of old consoles
post #4987 of 6445 Old 03-19-2016, 03:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarghon View Post
I think you are really on target. The lead times that brings some discontent on this thread bring a lot of bad and injustified publicity... It's a shame because some potential customers will only focus on that aspect of the problem and not take into account the sheer value of the products... Not saying that to be an ass at all, because I really think the way Jeremy handles the company is how business should be done. The guy is staying in touch with his customers, and always helps them. Awesome product + top notch customer service = success...

Since the cabinet maker is also doing an awesome job, couldn't he simply hire more qualified personnel to be able to keep up to the demand and churn out the required amount of cabinets to shrink the lead times? I mean, the product is enough quality to wait 3-4 weeks. But 2 months + is a "bite the bullet" situation for some.

Again, I just wanted to say I think exactly like you, bear , and not willing to be too much of a critic , since RA is an unique company of it's own kind.
Thanks for the kind words.
They lost 3 guys between October and December. The speakers are a specialized skill so there is a learning curve. You don't put someone working on them until they have it down.
They have replaced 2 of the guys and we've had the owner and the 2 sons on the cabs so that only the seasoned guys are working on them until the new guys are 100 percent.

But FWIW, I think this is all past tense. They experienced a pretty bad hiccup and seem to have recovered from it. If they keep up the pace we'll be caught up in no time and be able to order twice what we need in cabs for the summer. They really stepped up to the plate by spending 28k on new machinery. That shows me they do care about us and our customers and are willing to step up to the plate.
chucky7, Tom Ames, gkf15 and 1 others like this.

Jeremy

post #4988 of 6445 Old 03-19-2016, 04:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Liked: 65
RA Echo 18 specs

Can someone confirm if the Echo 18 is truly measured at 15Hz or is it achieved with added in-room response?

And what does 925w partial bandwidth mean?

Thanks
post #4989 of 6445 Old 03-19-2016, 04:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The E18 was measured outdoors. Port tune is 18 hz.

Partial Bandwidth means the amp can put out more power but not across entire bandwidth.
Conservatively rated at 700w.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Jeremy

post #4990 of 6445 Old 03-19-2016, 05:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgebsl View Post
Partial Bandwidth means the amp can put out more power but not across entire bandwidth.
Conservatively rated at 700w.
Does this I can choose to boost the lower frequencies or is it set at the factory?
post #4991 of 6445 Old 03-19-2016, 06:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick View Post
Does this I can choose to boost the lower frequencies or is it set at the factory?
Lf adjust on the ported models boosts or cuts 3 dB at 20 hz on my dsp files.

I took measurements with the control at noon or flat.

Jeremy

post #4992 of 6445 Old 03-19-2016, 06:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyre80 View Post
Hey Jeremy, what's the current lead time for Gamma 21? I plan on buying a subwoofer in a month or two. It sure does looks sexy.
Sorry I almost missed the post.

Best estimate right now is 5 to 6 weeks.
Everything seems to be flowing smooth again so that should be fairly accurate.

Jeremy

post #4993 of 6445 Old 03-20-2016, 12:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 2587 Post(s)
Liked: 2414
Well the standby malfunction has come back. I tried to recreate the scenario where it actually started working correctly, but this time no dice. It's even clicking on and off often while listening to a strong signal. Looks like amp replacement time.
post #4994 of 6445 Old 03-20-2016, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
Well the standby malfunction has come back. I tried to recreate the scenario where it actually started working correctly, but this time no dice. It's even clicking on and off often while listening to a strong signal. Looks like amp replacement time.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you and I just got unlucky because if everyone was dealing with what we are no one would be happy, haha. At least just swapping the amp is nice and easy.
post #4995 of 6445 Old 03-21-2016, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
It's only 2EQ but I did try it with no audessey and on another receiver and both required full gain for it to fill in properly.

Do you like the sound better with XT32? I have XT currently in my living room but plan to upgrade one of the setups to XT32 if any one of my 4 Onkyos ever die but they seem immortal so far lol.
I upgraded from XT (3312ci) to XT32 (x4200) and all i can say is it is worth it. It is not night and day different but it is noticeable, especially in movies.
post #4996 of 6445 Old 03-21-2016, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 51
for anyone who has their sub go to standby too often i highly recommend using the 12v trigger if your AVR has one.

I just got my cable yesterday (pretty cheap costing, used a stereo 3.5mm cable cause i couldn't find a mono) and it was easier than expected.

you can actually leave the subwoofer on the off setting. having the 12v plugged in will trigger the subwoofer on with the AVR and stay on until AVR is turned off.

pretty cool stuff, wish i tried it sooner.

Sony XBR75X850C, Anthem MRX720, KEF R500 (x2), KEF R200C, KEF R100 (x2), JTR Cap 118HT (Echo 18 1400w is a myth)
post #4997 of 6445 Old 03-21-2016, 03:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfungus View Post
for anyone who has their sub go to standby too often i highly recommend using the 12v trigger if your AVR has one.

I just got my cable yesterday (pretty cheap costing, used a stereo 3.5mm cable cause i couldn't find a mono) and it was easier than expected.

you can actually leave the subwoofer on the off setting. having the 12v plugged in will trigger the subwoofer on with the AVR and stay on until AVR is turned off.

Excellent suggestion! Curious if others have had success with that, seems like real easy thing to try.
post #4998 of 6445 Old 03-21-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfungus View Post

Quote:
Excellent suggestion! Curious if others have had success with that, seems like real easy thing to try.
I wanted to do that but my silly Onkyo receiver only has a 12v trigger for Zone 2. But I plan to buy this:
https://emotiva.com/products/accessories/et-3

Since I have a switch outlet on my receiver, I plug that into that plug and then plug the 12v trigger into the ET3 and it will trigger my sub on when the receiver turns on.
gbreda likes this.
post #4999 of 6445 Old 03-23-2016, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Hey guys! I've been decommissioned for a little while, found myself in a motorcycle accident, but I'm almost back to 100%! Should be back on the forums more often again.

Just wanted to say I'm still loving my 2 Echo 18 XL's. I think I've gotten placement and everything worked out pretty well and I still am blown away by the authority these things have. I don't know how you improve on this.. There is so much output.. And I'm a tough, tough guy to please. I live in California now, and I experienced my first earthquake, and honest, when it happened I turned and looked at my subwoofers to make sure they weren't on. LOL. If that doesn't tell you what these can make you feel, I don't know what will.
chucky7, gkf15, stsand and 2 others like this.
post #5000 of 6445 Old 03-23-2016, 03:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player3 View Post
Hey guys! I've been decommissioned for a little while, found myself in a motorcycle accident, but I'm almost back to 100%! Should be back on the forums more often again.

Just wanted to say I'm still loving my 2 Echo 18 XL's. I think I've gotten placement and everything worked out pretty well and I still am blown away by the authority these things have. I don't know how you improve on this.. There is so much output.. And I'm a tough, tough guy to please. I live in California now, and I experienced my first earthquake, and honest, when it happened I turned and looked at my subwoofers to make sure they weren't on. LOL. If that doesn't tell you what these can make you feel, I don't know what will.
Hey Parker! Sorry to hear about your accident, glad you are okay tho, hope you are healing well. Good to hear you were able to still enjoy the XLs during recovery, sounds like you finally found the right subs!
gkf15 likes this.
post #5001 of 6445 Old 03-23-2016, 07:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2449 Post(s)
Liked: 3387
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiNiaRiS View Post
I wanted to do that but my silly Onkyo receiver only has a 12v trigger for Zone 2. But I plan to buy this:
https://emotiva.com/products/accessories/et-3

Since I have a switch outlet on my receiver, I plug that into that plug and then plug the 12v trigger into the ET3 and it will trigger my sub on when the receiver turns on.
You can still use the zone 2 trigger on your Onkyo to trigger the sub. Just hit the zone 2 button and then power button on your Onkyo remote, should trigger the sub, I do this same thing with my 5 channel power amp. Try it and see what happens.
Mine works without the Onkyo being powered on. Onkyo 1010

Last edited by ahblaza; 03-23-2016 at 07:39 PM.
post #5002 of 6445 Old 03-24-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
You can still use the zone 2 trigger on your Onkyo to trigger the sub. Just hit the zone 2 button and then power button on your Onkyo remote, should trigger the sub, I do this same thing with my 5 channel power amp. Try it and see what happens.
Mine works without the Onkyo being powered on. Onkyo 1010
Yeah, I thought about that, but I'd rather not have yet another button to turn on. 99% of the time if the receiver is on, I want the sub on. But for someone that likes the idea of being able to turn it off and on remotely that would work perfectly.

I also plan to pick up some cooling fans to install into the side of my AV cabinet which will also be controlled by the ET3 so that has added benefit.

Last edited by BiNiaRiS; 03-24-2016 at 03:05 PM.
post #5003 of 6445 Old 03-24-2016, 04:23 PM

Thanks man! I appreciate that.

And yes, I believe I have indeed found the right subs. I think I'll be quite content for many more years to come.

What about you, which subs are you using now? Still thinking of upgrading?

@Docethic

For some reason my phone didn't quote
post #5004 of 6445 Old 03-24-2016, 07:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

And yes, I believe I have indeed found the right subs. I think I'll be quite content for many more years to come.

@Docethic

I wish I could have the firepower you have! I thought long and hard about trying the new Echo18 1400 but in my current room it would be too tight. I still have the Gamma18 in my little cave with the CX12s...I finally got it to where everything sounds great, just in time to upgrade to the G21, which hopefully will be here in a couple weeks.

One thing that really helps my tactile feeling was losing my sectional couch. I now just have a futon in there since it's only me down there, and man I get a back massage all over the place. With the huge couch I did here and there, but now with only one couch frame I really feel it that much more.

Dynamics are awesome and the explosions sound like they are coming from every specific spot in the room. The bass ext is great being a tiny room but it doesn't melt my face like I'm sure yours does with the majority of tones when called upon. I feel the CX12s can run away from the 18 near reference. Initially I was going to go with an Echo 18 so I could could cruch myself with 30 hz but decided long term that one G21 now and a second later if I end up in a bigger theater space would be a good way to go.

Still can't believe how you went from a PB2000 to a PS215 then right to dual XLs. I'm pretty sure Jeremy still regards those as the best sounding of all his subs. Pound for pound I don't think those beasts can be beat. How are you liking your speakers? Are they able to keep up??
chucky7 and djreef like this.
post #5005 of 6445 Old 03-25-2016, 04:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 1169 Post(s)
Liked: 1771
Jeremy any update on when my g21s will ship?

1600 cubic foot sealed room! Samsung 8500 curved 4k
denon x4100
JTR noesis 228s rear surround
Quad PSA T18s!!!!!!
Funk audio 12.2 HP mains powered by/funk audio 6x500 watt amp
post #5006 of 6445 Old 03-25-2016, 04:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Liked: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by newc33 View Post
Jeremy any update on when my g21s will ship?
How long have you been waiting for those man? I thought I saw you asking for an update ages ago.
post #5007 of 6445 Old 03-25-2016, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 1169 Post(s)
Liked: 1771
jee thats a good question... i lost track myself now lol.

i forget exactly when i ordered but the original ETA was late january-early feb. since then some things have happened to jeremy that delayed shipping pretty significantly.

i believe they will be shipping out any day now.

fingers crossed...

1600 cubic foot sealed room! Samsung 8500 curved 4k
denon x4100
JTR noesis 228s rear surround
Quad PSA T18s!!!!!!
Funk audio 12.2 HP mains powered by/funk audio 6x500 watt amp
post #5008 of 6445 Old 03-25-2016, 06:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

i forget exactly when i ordered but the original ETA was late january-early feb. since then some things have happened to jeremy that delayed shipping pretty significantly.

fingers crossed...
As we discussed on the phone, we're moving through the back orders as fast as humanly possible. Your pair is real close. We have been shipping 21s every week and have more batches being prepared now.
We have a 15 piece shipment were trying to coordinate soon (the recipient travels) a multi pallet shipment going to India & much more in addition to standard domestic orders.

So we're squeezing in a lot in a short amount of time. The next 2 weeks are going to be intense, but we're very excited to be getting a taste of shipping high volume.

Let's keep in close contact. You're right on deck here.

I've been trying to keep the gallery updated on fb as things go out, but someone we just don't have time to post them all. I will try to copy some of those updates here if folks would like.
Quote:

fingers crossed...

gkf15 likes this.

Jeremy

post #5009 of 6445 Old 03-26-2016, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Quote:

@Docethic

I wish I could have the firepower you have! I thought long and hard about trying the new Echo18 1400 but in my current room it would be too tight. I still have the Gamma18 in my little cave with the CX12s...I finally got it to where everything sounds great, just in time to upgrade to the G21, which hopefully will be here in a couple weeks.

One thing that really helps my tactile feeling was losing my sectional couch. I now just have a futon in there since it's only me down there, and man I get a back massage all over the place. With the huge couch I did here and there, but now with only one couch frame I really feel it that much more.

Dynamics are awesome and the explosions sound like they are coming from every specific spot in the room. The bass ext is great being a tiny room but it doesn't melt my face like I'm sure yours does with the majority of tones when called upon. I feel the CX12s can run away from the 18 near reference. Initially I was going to go with an Echo 18 so I could could cruch myself with 30 hz but decided long term that one G21 now and a second later if I end up in a bigger theater space would be a good way to go.

Still can't believe how you went from a PB2000 to a PS215 then right to dual XLs. I'm pretty sure Jeremy still regards those as the best sounding of all his subs. Pound for pound I don't think those beasts can be beat. How are you liking your speakers? Are they able to keep up??
How large is your room exactly again? I imagine you'll be quite shocked with a G21 in a small space!

And dual G21's will be great if you go to a larger room, because I've found duals have really dramatically improved smoothness and eveness across a broader listening area. They don't just make that stuff up about duals, in my case I've found it to be very evident.

I'm still not blown away with my system sound wise though.. I think I've still got some serious work to do when it comes to my room. I'd say it sounds good, much better than any movie theater I've been to, including the TCL Chinese theater and El Capitan with Dolby Atmos, in power, intelligibility, and detail. But it's not excellent yet.. I can tell this when I compare to my headphones. (I've got an Audeze LCD-X headphone powered by a Chord Mojo that sounds phenomenal.)
I think my main issue with bass is not enough bass traps, so certain bass notes don't decay/dissipate as quickly as I'd like. However, that's not the subs fault obviously, and they do what they are supposed to do, create powerful, clean bass!

And the speakers are fantastic, I can truly see the potential, I think when I get some more panels in to deal with the first reflections I'll be on cloud 9. They don't seem to struggle to hang with the subs.. They get plenty loud for me. I generally play with the subs hot a number of db's and I don't listen over 85db (A-weighted) except for occasional peaks in movies. I don't bother with reference level bass, I just set it where it sounds good to me to where it's not overly dramatic but yet it adds the power and immersion that you want!

I really haven't been able to push the subs, for fear of my house.. I listen to them loudly, but honestly I don't ever hear distortion from them, and I think I'd be dead if I ever played them loudly enough to create any significant distortion. But honestly, these ribbon tweeters are where it's at, and I know how good these speakers measure, it would be hard for me to give them up. I honestly haven't even looked at speakers since they arrived at my house. I feel the same way about them as I do my subs.. Where can you go from here?

So I know I have the equipment I need, Ascend Acoustic Towers/Horizon with RAAL, dual Echo 18 XL's, Emotiva XPR-5, and Emotiva XMC-1 with Dirac.. Just need to work on more room treatments now. I reckon I should've done that first, but oh well. You live and you learn. =P
gkf15 likes this.
post #5010 of 6445 Old 03-26-2016, 05:16 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 8837
Quote:

fingers crossed...
I thought you were one of the first few to order G21's ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page