Reaction Audio Subs - Page 183 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4224Likes

post #5461 of 6445 Old 05-29-2016, 06:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Yea it's been a tough road but I'm hoping my g21 arrives OK now and also hoping if there's a driver or amp issue it doesn't take weeks to resolve either...
MiniHT likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5462 of 6445 Old 05-29-2016, 10:01 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Certainly some of the issues are inexcusable and concerns are certainly warranted, but as an owner of several of their subs and speakers I can attest to the value and performance of their products. I have dealt with several issues as well but in the end, Jeremy did take care of them and made sure I was happy. He also will work with you down the road to keep you as a customer and talk shop with you even if it has nothing to do with making a sale.

Also regarding the cash flow, many times I have offered to pay up front for an upgrade or addition to an order, and Jeremy has waited till closer to shipping time to invoice me. To me this means he is not trying to upsell me for cash flow reasons. I too have found it hard at times having money tied up in something you don't have in your hands yet, but Jeremy has stated before that if you reach out to him prior to ordering you can work out alternative options.

With Jeremy, if you don't like a product or not happy with the condition, call him and he will come to a resolution. I got one of the pairs of CX10s with weird crossovers in them, and instead of swapping out the crossovers, I chose to upgrade to the CX12 instead. He covered the return shipping and I paid only about half the actual upgrade cost. Was this is an instant swap? No, but I knew from past dealings it would take a little time.

The measurement thing is another animal altogether. How many of you were perfectly happy with the sound of your setup until you started to take measurements? I am not smart enough to understand much of speaker response talk, and if you are seeking to have a dead to nuts accurate HT environment I understand. However for 99.5% of enthusiasts, your ears should be the primary deciding vote on a product. How a microphone in front of a speaker can tell you if it sounds good to your ears or not is beyond me. If your ears say it sucks than who or what device is gonna convince you otherwise?

The CX speakers are not for everyone, for casual listening I would not recommend them. My Boston VS speakers are easier and fuller to listen to at -10 and softer MV. However at -10 and up the CX can play cleaner with no strain than any other speaker I have heard. For home theater the dynamics are excellent and power is startling. The louder you play them the better they sound. I don't know how else to qualify that, and that is with a $300 old Onkyo receiver!

I was one of the first to get the PS215x and I still regret selling it to my friend, although I am grateful it is being put to such good use. It may not measure perfect or extend terribly deep but that sub just sounds awesome and hits way above its weight. If that thing were gonna break, it would have on day 1 my friend owned it lol.

Right now, its very discouraging to see products being delivered damaged and not performing properly. I think priority #1 should be to raise prices enough to either improved packaging or insist that all of the heavier drivers ship freight so that they are not being end for ended which the larger drivers do not seem to be able to survive. Having to replace drivers is painful for everyone and slows future shipments further.

I should be receiving my Echo21 within the next week and will give my honest evaluation of it from packaging to performance.
djreef, gkf15 and Madmax67 like this.
post #5463 of 6445 Old 05-29-2016, 11:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 695 Post(s)
Liked: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docethic View Post
Certainly some of the issues are inexcusable and concerns are certainly warranted, but as an owner of several of their subs and speakers I can attest to the value and performance of their products. I have dealt with several issues as well but in the end, Jeremy did take care of them and made sure I was happy. He also will work with you down the road to keep you as a customer and talk shop with you even if it has nothing to do with making a sale.

Also regarding the cash flow, many times I have offered to pay up front for an upgrade or addition to an order, and Jeremy has waited till closer to shipping time to invoice me. To me this means he is not trying to upsell me for cash flow reasons. I too have found it hard at times having money tied up in something you don't have in your hands yet, but Jeremy has stated before that if you reach out to him prior to ordering you can work out alternative options.

With Jeremy, if you don't like a product or not happy with the condition, call him and he will come to a resolution. I got one of the pairs of CX10s with weird crossovers in them, and instead of swapping out the crossovers, I chose to upgrade to the CX12 instead. He covered the return shipping and I paid only about half the actual upgrade cost. Was this is an instant swap? No, but I knew from past dealings it would take a little time.

The measurement thing is another animal altogether. How many of you were perfectly happy with the sound of your setup until you started to take measurements? I am not smart enough to understand much of speaker response talk, and if you are seeking to have a dead to nuts accurate HT environment I understand. However for 99.5% of enthusiasts, your ears should be the primary deciding vote on a product. How a microphone in front of a speaker can tell you if it sounds good to your ears or not is beyond me. If your ears say it sucks than who or what device is gonna convince you otherwise?

The CX speakers are not for everyone, for casual listening I would not recommend them. My Boston VS speakers are easier and fuller to listen to at -10 and softer MV. However at -10 and up the CX can play cleaner with no strain than any other speaker I have heard. For home theater the dynamics are excellent and power is startling. The louder you play them the better they sound. I don't know how else to qualify that, and that is with a $300 old Onkyo receiver!

I was one of the first to get the PS215x and I still regret selling it to my friend, although I am grateful it is being put to such good use. It may not measure perfect or extend terribly deep but that sub just sounds awesome and hits way above its weight. If that thing were gonna break, it would have on day 1 my friend owned it lol.

Right now, its very discouraging to see products being delivered damaged and not performing properly. I think priority #1 should be to raise prices enough to either improved packaging or insist that all of the heavier drivers ship freight so that they are not being end for ended which the larger drivers do not seem to be able to survive. Having to replace drivers is painful for everyone and slows future shipments further.

I should be receiving my Echo21 within the next week and will give my honest evaluation of it from packaging to performance.
I was very happy with the CX12 sound, definitely. It's only when you listen to them against properly working speaker designs where the shortcoming on the crossover design becomes apparent. The 10db dip within the midrange is audible, especially when you don't apply any EQ.

My main qualm with this entire thing is as follows:

1) lead times were supposed to be improved by now. I've been hearing and seeing the same, before I even ordered anything from Reaction well over a year ago now

2) consumers are being provided specifications that in my (cx12) experience are very misleading

3) sure, Jeremy will do everything that he can to resolve a situation. When I received my gamma218 almost a year ago now, I had issues with it. Cracked driver frame (which prevented a tight seal on the box) and the loose speaker wire was tapping the box. When I opened the box, I discovered a single piece of denim insulation haphazardly thrown in there. I ended up zip tying the speaker wire and using 3m spray glue to attach the insulation. Weeks later, I received the replacement drivers, but unfortunately one of them was damaged (voicecoil rubbing). So I waited another couple of weeks to receive a replacement for my original replacement. I've brought these up to Jeremy then, especially the zip tie item and insulation. While I was browsing the classifieds on here, I saw @MIX_MASTER_ICE for sale post where he was giving away a free echo18 cabinet. 2 out of the 8 screws weren't even used to secure the driver, and the 3rd screw was completely sheared off. When I asked him about the zip tie and insulation, it doesn't appear Reaction has addressed this very easy QA issue from a year ago with my gamma218. This forced me to break my silence and speak about my experiences.

And when I've brought up my cx12 crossover issue, he did offer me a discount on the new Axis line that I must respectfully decline. As awesome Ryan/tux is at what he does, who can guarantee those unknown imported drivers being used in the product line?

4) with regards to the QA issues, how many people have received the "wrong" crossovers in their speakers? I've counted 7 within the RA speaker thread. Another 2 members approached me via PM as well. This item needs to be immediately rectified. Who wants to receive a product after a long lead time to only receive a broken one? BOTH my products, speaker and sub were defective when I first received them which were related to QA. I just chalked that up to bad luck. Then again, I've received over a dozen drivers and kits varying from subs, to compression/tweeters over the last year doing DIY and have had zero issues.

5) people work very hard for their $, so why are they being d!ck3d around? Practically everyone who has asked for a refund has gone through so much hassle just getting it back. Zero excuses.

In my situation, I can live with the poorly built cabinet. It would be great if Jeremy can send me properly (ie. Not a science experiment) crossovers, preferably designed by Tux. If not, that's fine too. In the end, I just want Reaction Audio to step up to the plate and properly service its customers. Meaning, points 1-5 being resolved immediately.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5464 of 6445 Old 05-29-2016, 02:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by lz7j View Post
I was very happy with the CX12 sound, definitely. It's only when you listen to them against properly working speaker designs where the shortcoming on the crossover design becomes apparent. The 10db dip within the midrange is audible, especially when you don't apply any EQ.

My main qualm with this entire thing is as follows:

1) lead times were supposed to be improved by now. I've been hearing and seeing the same, before I even ordered anything from Reaction well over a year ago now

2) consumers are being provided specifications that in my (cx12) experience are very misleading

3) sure, Jeremy will do everything that he can to resolve a situation. When I received my gamma218 almost a year ago now, I had issues with it. Cracked driver frame (which prevented a tight seal on the box) and the loose speaker wire was tapping the box. When I opened the box, I discovered a single piece of denim insulation haphazardly thrown in there. I ended up zip tying the speaker wire and using 3m spray glue to attach the insulation. Weeks later, I received the replacement drivers, but unfortunately one of them was damaged (voicecoil rubbing). So I waited another couple of weeks to receive a replacement for my original replacement. I've brought these up to Jeremy then, especially the zip tie item and insulation. While I was browsing the classifieds on here, I saw @MIX_MASTER_ICE for sale post where he was giving away a free echo18 cabinet. 2 out of the 8 screws weren't even used to secure the driver, and the 3rd screw was completely sheared off. When I asked him about the zip tie and insulation, it doesn't appear Reaction has addressed this very easy QA issue from a year ago with my gamma218. This forced me to break my silence and speak about my experiences.

And when I've brought up my cx12 crossover issue, he did offer me a discount on the new Axis line that I must respectfully decline. As awesome Ryan/tux is at what he does, who can guarantee those unknown imported drivers being used in the product line?

4) with regards to the QA issues, how many people have received the "wrong" crossovers in their speakers? I've counted 7 within the RA speaker thread. Another 2 members approached me via PM as well. This item needs to be immediately rectified. Who wants to receive a product after a long lead time to only receive a broken one? BOTH my products, speaker and sub were defective when I first received them which were related to QA. I just chalked that up to bad luck. Then again, I've received over a dozen drivers and kits varying from subs, to compression/tweeters over the last year doing DIY and have had zero issues.

5) people work very hard for their $, so why are they being d!ck3d around? Practically everyone who has asked for a refund has gone through so much hassle just getting it back. Zero excuses.

In my situation, I can live with the poorly built cabinet. It would be great if Jeremy can send me properly (ie. Not a science experiment) crossovers, preferably designed by Tux. If not, that's fine too. In the end, I just want Reaction Audio to step up to the plate and properly service its customers. Meaning, points 1-5 being resolved immediately.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
All valid points, would like to know more about the crossover differences but will PM you on that as not directly related to this thread.
oneeyeblind and Madmax67 like this.
post #5465 of 6445 Old 05-29-2016, 03:43 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Still no refund, missing $1199, order was canceled May 9th, 2016. Never recieved the canceled email as stated in the text message and phone call from them told me my only resort was to file a claim with VISA.

Buyer beware!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1464561804799.png
Views:	179
Size:	261.6 KB
ID:	1467065  

Last edited by LukeSky; 05-29-2016 at 03:46 PM.
post #5466 of 6445 Old 05-29-2016, 04:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3506 Post(s)
Liked: 10896
WOW!

Just read the last two pages… sad to say it's pretty heavy reading. I hope things improve for all parties involved.
oneeyeblind and smurraybhm like this.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
post #5467 of 6445 Old 05-29-2016, 04:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Quoted: 3437 Post(s)
Liked: 4124
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeSky View Post
Still no refund, missing $1199, order was canceled May 9th, 2016. Never recieved the canceled email as stated in the text message and phone call from them told me my only resort was to file a claim with VISA.

Buyer beware!
Truly sad - I am sure there will be a lengthy apology and excuse forth coming. I am surprised at the number of posts from people hopeful for orders placed. I would have been on my phone to the credit card immediately after reading the last three pages of this thread.
post #5468 of 6445 Old 05-29-2016, 07:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 2459 Post(s)
Liked: 3402
@lz7j you can forget about getting a new XO designed by Ryan for the CX-12, his service contract with RA is strictly with the AXIS line, he is 100% doing the QC for the XOs, designed and manufactured by him. The question is though what about the rest of the loudspeaker. I was totally unaware of all these anomalies occurring in field with both the subs and speakers. I must have missed where the new drivers are coming from, where are they imported from?

I don't understand how any one could have hope of receiving their order after waiting 5-6 months, sorry to be so forthcoming.
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #5469 of 6445 Old 05-29-2016, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
he is 100% doing the QC for the XOs, designed and manufactured by him. The question is though what about the rest of the loudspeaker. I was totally unaware of all these anomalies occurring in field with both the subs and speakers. I must have missed where the new drivers are coming from, where are they imported from?

That shouldn't be a selling point and hopefully it was getting done since the beginning, especially for $500+ speakers. Quality control on a crossover network is common place and something a customer should never have to worry about. I wonder why they switched from a USA made Radian coaxial to an imported model instead of fixing the Radian crossover?
oneeyeblind, ahblaza and Madmax67 like this.
post #5470 of 6445 Old 05-30-2016, 05:10 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3527
I'm not surprised by any of this. In fact I have brought it up many times yet I was just pegged as "stirring the pot" as a psa customer. But it's all blatantly obvious.

No testing of products before ty go out there door ( multiple customers having poor xovers and even a set sent to a gtg!!!)

Terrible packaging. First iterations looked like they used stuff lying around the office

Poor attention to detail. Shoddy finish with stuffing sticking out of the cutout bumps and blems on finish (of course the loyalists say who cares what it looks like. It matter how it sounds ...um ok)

Rediculous lead times with constant turnover with new products?!

Tons of excuses for missed emails. No return phone calls etc. but some how it immediately gets addressed once someone posts here?!

I feel bad for Jeremy as he is a good guy. But business is not his strong suit. I would steer clear of this company at all costs. The latest posts all show what I suspected as true. But people were afraid for some reason to dismiss it all

But hey it's your money. You can do what you want. But it ain't smart I'll tell you that
Madmax67 likes this.
post #5471 of 6445 Old 05-30-2016, 05:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
I'm not surprised by any of this. In fact I have brought it up many times yet I was just pegged as "stirring the pot" as a psa customer. But it's all blatantly obvious.

No testing of products before ty go out there door ( multiple customers having poor xovers and even a set sent to a gtg!!!)

Terrible packaging. First iterations looked like they used stuff lying around the office

Poor attention to detail. Shoddy finish with stuffing sticking out of the cutout bumps and blems on finish (of course the loyalists say who cares what it looks like. It matter how it sounds ...um ok)

Rediculous lead times with constant turnover with new products?!

Tons of excuses for missed emails. No return phone calls etc. but some how it immediately gets addressed once someone posts here?!

I feel bad for Jeremy as he is a good guy. But business is not his strong suit. I would steer clear of this company at all costs. The latest posts all show what I suspected as true. But people were afraid for some reason to dismiss it all

But hey it's your money. You can do what you want. But it ain't smart I'll tell you that
Not picking on you Brian, this is just a general statement that is continually repeated. I am just quoting your post since it was the last one. Why does everyone continually say Jeremy is a good guy? He is the one not refunding the money. He is the one who still advertises 3-5 week lead times on his website. He is the one not returning the emails. He is the one letting the products go out the door untested, unfinished, and not protected/boxed properly. I know everyone doesn't want to be a "judge" in this modern, cognitive and situational relativist society that we live in today. Everyone is good and we can't say otherwise. However, a good guy wouldn't put their customers through the stressful ordeal of trying to get their hard earned dollars back after holding their money for five months. I may be a simple, country boy but we call that stealing and fraud where I come from. I am still dumbfounded the mods have not shut this thread down as a warming to consumers. Members get a "vacation" for bumping for sale threads yet nothing for defrauding consumers.
Billy p and ahblaza like this.

Last edited by Molon_Labe; 05-30-2016 at 05:28 AM.
post #5472 of 6445 Old 05-30-2016, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon_Labe View Post
Not picking on you Brian, this is just a general statement that is continually repeated. I am just quoting your post since it was the last one. Why does everyone continually say Jeremy is a good guy? He is the one not refunding the money. He is the one who still advertises 3-5 week lead times on his website. He is the one not returning the emails. He is the one letting the products go out the door untested, unfinished, and not protected/boxed properly. I know everyone doesn't want to be a "judge" in this modern, cognitive and situational relativist society that we live in today. Everyone is good and we can't say otherwise. However, a good guy wouldn't put their customers through the stressful ordeal of trying to get their hard earned dollars back after holding their money for five months. I may be a simple, country boy but we call that stealing and fraud where I come from. I am still dumbfounded the mods have not shut this thread down as a warming to consumers. Members get a "vacation" for bumping for sale threads yet nothing for defrauding consumers.
Haha. No worries Chris. i guess your right. But a good guy I mean he is nice when you talk with him etc and I don't think he is crooked. I just think he is awful at business and in way over his head both in responsibility and financially.

But yes what being described in this thread is in fact federal offenses and might not end well

And on vacations well...no comment haha
post #5473 of 6445 Old 05-30-2016, 06:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1300 Post(s)
Liked: 737
Yeah, I don't like to kick a man when he's down but I haven't been a customer.

I came to this thread as a possible customer.

What happened to the guy that used to really push this brand on all of the sub threads?

Hopefully they can right this ship and be a good competitor for the ID audio industry, until then, I'll sit on the sidelines.
post #5474 of 6445 Old 05-30-2016, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post

What happened to the guy that used to really push this brand on all of the sub threads?

Hopefully they can right this ship and be a good competitor for the ID audio industry, until then, I'll sit on the sidelines.
If it's who I think you are talking about. He doesn't really post on the forums anymore (or at least as much)
post #5475 of 6445 Old 05-30-2016, 06:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked: 789
Quote:

There were a couple of them...imo. In any case....not surprised by this is coming full circle...ya just can't conduct business in this manor. If your looking for a sub plenty of reliable and ironclad ID companies you can deal with and not lose any sleep over...JMO.

Ascend Acoustics: Towers, STC w RAAL & 200 SE in espresso,
54" of Panny Bliss, Anthem MRX 300, Oppo 103D,
Sub: Funk Audio 18: (Santos Rosewood)
Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors but we borrow it from our children!
post #5476 of 6445 Old 05-30-2016, 07:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

In all transparency, I have never been a customer. I did speak with RA on the phone and was close to purchasing a pair of 21" Gammas. I was told four to six weeks for delivery. My gut said go with Deep Sea Sound due to the numerous posts on tracking numbers, need an update, left you a vmail, didn't get a reply to my last email, etc. This was almost a year ago with no change thus far. Telling a customer there is a month lead time when in reality it is four months is fraudulent. As I stated earlier, I dealt with a very similar issue with another online vendor who also used forums as the primary method of their advertising and customer acquisition.

These lengthy lead times put consumers outside the refund "window" of most credit card companies. That window is typically 60 to 90 days. Four months and beyond is going to be arduous at best if not impossible with most card companies. RA doesn't have to give the money back and there is little chance the credit card company will take it back after 90 days. Having already dealt with the headaches associated with this type of issue is why I became vocal in this thread.

I can't in good conscience watch my fellow, hard-working AV enthusiasts potentially be put in the same nightmare that I experienced without at least sounding a warning. This isn't about kicking a man when he is down at all. I am all for the American small business owner. I try to spend with my money with those companies when possible. I am not anti RA. If PSA, DSS, Seaton, or any other company was doing this activity on an open forum, I would voice my opinion and share my experience there too.
Billy p, lz7j, yosh7 and 4 others like this.

Last edited by Molon_Labe; 05-30-2016 at 01:07 PM.
post #5477 of 6445 Old 05-30-2016, 07:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon_Labe View Post
In all transparency, I have never been a customer. I did speak with RA on the phone and was close to purchasing a pair of 21" Gammas. I was told four to six weeks for delivery. My gut said go with Deep Sea Sound due to the numerous posts on tracking numbers, need an update, left you message, didn't get a reply to my email, etc. This was almost a year ago with no change thus far. Telling a customer there is a month lead time when in reality it is four months is fraudulent. As I stated earlier, I dealt with this very issue with an online vendor who used forums as the primary method of their advertising and customer acquisition. These lengthy lead times put consumers outside the refund "window" of most credit card companies. That window is typically 60 to 90 days. Four months and beyond is going to be arduous at best if not impossible with most card companies. RA doesn't have to give the money back and there is little chance the credit card company will take it back after 90 days. Having dealt with this and the headaches associated with this very issue is why I have become vocal in this thread. I can't in good conscience watch my fellow, hard-working AV enthusiasts potentially be put in the same situation that I dealt with without at least sounding a warning. This isn't about kicking a man when he is down at all. I am all for the American small business owner. I try to spend with my money with those companies when possible. I am not anti RA. If PSA, DSS, Seaton, or any other company was doing this activity on an open forum, I would voice my opinion and share my experience there too.
Sounds smart and understand.
post #5478 of 6445 Old 05-30-2016, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 2126 Post(s)
Liked: 2305
Wow!!! What a sad turn of events!!!

Just checked out PSA's website and their chat is live today, on Memorial Day!!!!
ahblaza likes this.
post #5479 of 6445 Old 05-30-2016, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
Liked: 1334
Quote:

Not sure if you are referring to me or not, but I am still here and watching this bloodbath.... While enjoying some video games on my RA speakers lol. Watched The Martian last night too with my gf, and man did the RA speakers put us right in the center of the action! We loved every minute of it, very enjoyable experience.

In regards to what is happening with RA now, there is simply no argument to be had. Things seem to have deteriorated significantly since my last order from them (Black Friday 2014), and I am as curious as anyone to see how RA responds to all of this. With all that is flying around recently I hope they address it all publicly, and with as much transparency as possible.
post #5480 of 6445 Old 05-30-2016, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
Not sure if you are referring to me or not, but I am still here and watching this bloodbath.... While enjoying some video games on my RA speakers lol. Watched The Martian last night too with my gf, and man did the RA speakers put us right in the center of the action! We loved every minute of it, very enjoyable experience.

In regards to what is happening with RA now, there is simply no argument to be had. Things seem to have deteriorated significantly since my last order from them (Black Friday 2014), and I am as curious as anyone to see how RA responds to all of this. With all that is flying around recently I hope they address it all publicly, and with as much transparency as possible.
Sounds like you're happy with your experience.
Not sure if it was you but doesn't sound like it.
post #5481 of 6445 Old 05-30-2016, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@Randy , I don't think he was referring to you, another gentleman's name comes to mind, I won't divulge that entity. I think the CX10 was one of the better products produced by RA, lead times were in check, price was right and performance was satisfactory with good build quality and then I don't know what happened, moving to fast to introduce new products without much attention to QC and performance.

I remember the CX-15s being highly regarded and comparable to the JTR's.....This was no rookie either. Enough said right?
post #5482 of 6445 Old 05-30-2016, 10:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Are the AXIS speakers shipping now, site said in stock, just curious?
post #5483 of 6445 Old 05-30-2016, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2524 Post(s)
Liked: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
@Randy , I don't think he was referring to you, another gentleman's name comes to mind, I won't divulge that entity. I think the CX10 was one of the better products produced by RA, lead times were in check, price was right and performance was satisfactory with good build quality and then I don't know what happened, moving to fast to introduce new products without much attention to QC and performance.

I remember the CX-15s being highly regarded and comparable to the JTR's.....This was no rookie either. Enough said right?

Are you referring to me Jeff? I don't post on the forums much because I don't live on the forums anymore. Riding dirt bikes with my son takes up most of my free time this days, I have a young family of three kids with the oldest being 8. As you could assume that doesn't leave much free time.

I've been following this thread a little and all I can say is talk about kicking a guy when he's down. Granted the returns issue should rightfully be address. Hopefully Jeremy can right the ship and get things back on track, I was a happy RA customer and the products that I had performed excellent. Hopefully he'll get his funding situation sorted out, get QC under control and have respectable lead times. I don't think people are unwilling to wait 5-6 weeks, as long as it ships within the 5-6 weeks. Hopefully that can start to happen.

If Tekton can still be in business with all of the issues they had I see zero reason why RA can't get things back on track and start pumping it great gear at good prices again.
post #5484 of 6445 Old 05-30-2016, 10:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1644 Post(s)
Liked: 920
No, if I'm right I think there's another poster he is referring to, hint - he also used to post a somewhat infamous graph comparing the major ID subs about a year ago.

Wish everyone a great Memorial Day! Go out and don't worry about subs
post #5485 of 6445 Old 05-30-2016, 10:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1712 Post(s)
Liked: 1661
Some ID's do a better job than others at managing their supply chain but when cabinets, drivers, amps and crossovers are outsourced, then supply problems are inevitable especially for the new/small companies. Threads like this make matters worse as they only pour fuel on the fire. These threads also attract rubberneckers who have no skin in the game but love to share their incites (pun intended).

I suppose my post could be put in that category as well, but what I'm saying is that any post here that isn't helping the situation or providing insight, is useless and some actually cause harm intended or otherwise.

Anxiety is contagious, please keep yours to yourself.
post #5486 of 6445 Old 05-30-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Some ID's do a better job than others at managing their supply chain but when cabinets, drivers, amps and crossovers are outsourced, then supply problems are inevitable especially for the new/small companies. Threads like this make matters worse as they only pour fuel on the fire. These threads also attract rubberneckers who have no skin in the game but love to share their incites (pun intended).

I suppose my post could be put in that category as well, but what I'm saying is that any post here that isn't helping the situation or providing insight, is useless and some actually cause harm intended or otherwise.
How can any post by anyone other than Jeremey do what you are recommending. So I guess we all should just leave his thread until Jeremy responds.

If it helps. I did order a pair of
His tiny 5" speakers to try for atmos. But I decided to go with DIY and the refund took about 4 days. But this was also back in October
post #5487 of 6445 Old 05-30-2016, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I'll echo what Mr. Brown said in terms of this thread turning into a giant piling on session, granted some of it is is warranted.

I am guessing that vast majority of RA customers are satisfied with their purchase, or else there would be significantly more unhappy buyers posting. However it's obvious that there's a couple of things that have to happen for RA to reassure new buyers:

1. Figure out supply chain issues and be proactive about notifying customers about changes in production schedules. From a customer experience standpoint, nothing is worse than wondering what's going on and then having to initiate dialog. Also you can't publicly post you are taking care of lead times when there are customers who are almost four months out on their order and then post the fact right after Jeremy posts about lead time reduction. While lead times might be getting better, all it takes is one or two customer posts to cause people to start doubting those claims. Better off not to post anything until all of the stragglers are taken care of and/or given realistic updates on products.

2. Figure out what the hell is going on with his CC processing company. There might be extenuating circumstances unknown to the public , but considering that the complaints have been posted for everyone to see he will likely need to respond on here.

To be clear I say all these things
as an RA customer who had a pretty decent buying experience. I believe that these things will get better, but it sounds like Jeremy will have to be extra transparent on everything in order to mend the fences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5488 of 6445 Old 05-30-2016, 02:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3506 Post(s)
Liked: 10896
I don't think people are kicking RA when it's down I think people are just tired of reading excuses. Every time (in last 6 to 12 months) an issue has come up there is always an excuse where it's not really RA's fault but someone else's.

Delays are the fault of the cabinet maker or some other vendor who did not meet their time table.
Bad xovers are the fault of the guy producing the xover and not RA who put the bad xovers in their finished and shipped product (apparently untested).
Delayed refunds are the fault of paypal or a bank or a credit card company (or perhaps the entire banking industry).
Missed calls and unreturned texts, emails and voicemails are the fault of whatever the current situation is.

Perhaps what people are most tired of is whenever an excuse is given about why the problem exists Jeremy is quick to post that it is now remedied and it should no longer be a problem… Until it is a problem and then another excuse is given.

Someone posted that either RA is the unluckiest company in the world or all these excuses are just a bunch of… well you know. I think what we are witnessing are people realizing it's not bad luck... it's just bad business and bad business leads to people losing money and patience. And that's not right. And that's the point @Molon_Labe is making. He's not piling on or kicking someone who is down, he's pointing out truths so anyone thinking of investing a grand (or more) is clearly informed before they do. If they still decide to take the risk and are willing to wait 5 months for their product then at least they went into the transaction with their eyes wide open and were willing to gamble. It's a case of buyer beware.

To be honest it really doesn't matter if Jeremy is a nice guy or the devil himself, when he doesn't honor his posted lead times or his refund policy or his return policy (in a timely manner) then it's fraud. Weather he means to be fraudulent or not really doesn't matter. He seems like a really nice guy and I doubt he means to hurt people but if I were out money waiting 5 months for a sub that was supposed to take 5 weeks I wouldn't care how nice a guy he was. Business is about integrity and when you don't honor your promises you've given up your integrity.

It seems to me that people have been very gracious to RA through the last year but their patience is at an end and that's why the last three pages of this thread have become so negative.

One final thought… It should also be noted that there are quit a few happy loyal RA customers out there (although some of them are even admitting that things are amiss). Time will tell if Jeremy can right the ship and weather this storm. But for that to happen there needs to be a focus on honoring all promises.

Or has our politically correct society gotten to the point where we shouldn't even hold people accountable and ask that they keep their promises, even if it proves to be difficult?
Billy p, pias, eljaycanuck and 5 others like this.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences

Last edited by Hopinater; 05-30-2016 at 06:10 PM.
post #5489 of 6445 Old 05-30-2016, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 2669 Post(s)
Liked: 2477
I won't go into great detail on every aspect of my Echo 18 purchase, mainly because it would be closer to a full book. I posted the thread at the beginning of the year expressing some concerns dealing with RA which I'm sure most remember. Jeremy apparently was thin skinned on the matter and promptly cancelled my order that I had placed for an Echo 18 a few weeks prior. I never asked for my order to be cancelled, nor did I ever even suggest I wanted it cancelled. I thought that was extremely unprofessional. After talking with him I did get my order re-instated, or so I thought. Turns out it wasn't re-instated and I had to deal with him later in February to get things sorted out again.

So after me, a guy who publicly raised some concerns in a somewhat controversial topic on RA at the time, you would think Jeremy would want to make sure that my order/subwoofer was handled as quickly as possible and make sure the sub was in pristine condition and working order. Not the case at all. Multiple delays and the week Jeremy assured me it would ship, it didn't ship. He changed logistics companies at the end of that week and my shipment was delayed.

Once I finally did receive the sub I started noticing the amp auto on/off wasn't working properly. I spent a few days trying to remedy this, on my own and with Jeremy's help, but nothing worked. Turns out others had the same issues with Speaker Power amps in RA subs and even in Seaton subs. Jeremy said he would send me out a new amp, which never happened. After dealing with the amp issue I started noticing the cabinet had multiple flaws which I felt were more consistent with a B-stock model.

I suggested to Jeremy that the replacement amp and a $100 refund back to my Paypal account, which was my method of payment, would be acceptable to me. He agreed without hesitation and said he would take care of it. I had sent my original payment to Matthew, Jeremy's business partner. I thought nothing of it initially, but this would pose to be a major problem for me later. Anyway, nearly a week went by and I never received the $100 refund, which is something that should have taken 1 minute or less to process. No reason for the delay was given, but Jeremy telling me he would do something and not do it was becoming a trend.

I contacted Jeremy and told him since the Paypal partial refund was never taken care of, just send me a replacement Echo18. He agreed without hesitation and never gave any reason why the simple Paypal refund was never processed. By this time I've had multiple issues with Jeremy not contacting me when he said he would and multiple times something was supposed to be taken care of that never was. My frustration was mounting. After realizing it would likely take a while, although Jeremy said it wouldn't take as long as getting the first sub, I decided to just return the Echo18 for a refund. Again, Jeremy said no problem, but after several days I had never heard from him on when they were going to pick it up.

Jeremy contacted me with an idea for me to remove the driver and amp and send those back to him. He said the return shipping would be more costly than the cabinet was worth to him. I agreed and I was sent a shipping label, but had to provide my own packaging, which I wasn't thrilled about, but just wanted this ordeal over with. While taking off the driver I noticed that two of the 8 holes in the gasket had no screws. After removing the driver, those two holes never had any screws to begin with. Whoever attached the driver to the cabinet forgot two screws. One other hole the screw head was loose inside the deep recessed gasket. It had been broken off when attached. When I brought this to Jeremy's attention verbally and with pics, he was naturally very shocked and concerned. He explained something about having problems with one of their employees and that they had a batch of soft screws that were breaking. He said he was going to go and check all the subs that were getting ready for shipment to make sure they had all the screws in place.

I sent the driver and amp back in a RBH I-12 box, which Jeremy received on a Wednesday in battered condition, but Jeremy said everything checked out fine and wasn't damaged. The next day I asked him when my refund would be processed and he said by Friday (the next day) he would take care of it. I asked him, since I he had failed to come through on past promises, if he was absolutely positive it would be handled by Friday and he said yes.

Friday evening rolls around and nothing had been done on my refund. I contacted Jeremy and got more excuses. Matthew, his business partner, would have to issue the refund, since my original payment went to him. I'm pretty irritated at this point, because Jeremy had done nothing to take care of this, despite him saying he would. He said the refund might have to come in the form or an e-check, which would take a few days to clear. I said that was fine, but I wanted something on my Paypal account showing a refund was in process TODAY, since that's what he promised. He said he would contact Matthew and get something done. About 11PM I finally see my Paypal account has a pending e-check. I think the nightmare is close to over, bit oh no.

The following Wednesday the e-check bounced. Contacted Jeremy and no answer. Immediately get a call from Matthew, who I has spoken with previously. The excuse used was that the bank account he had on his Paypal account when I placed the order had since been closed. He had a new bank account on his Paypal account now and Paypal wouldn't allow the refund to be drawn from the new account. He assured me he would get it sorted out by Friday or he would just send me a gifted payment through Paypal for the full amount of the refund. Friday rolls around and nothing. Matthew changed his story and said he didn't want to issue me a refund without seller protection, which I could kind of understand, but that's not what he had stated previously. Anyway, to shorten this up, later the following week I had to threaten Jeremy and Matthew that I would go public on the AVS forum with all the crap that had gone on if I didn't receive my refund. This is when I let them have it, both of them. That got them motivated and I finally received my refund. BTW, Matthew said this was his personal Paypal account that he uses to buy and sell stuff. Jeremy said they had a RA business Paypal account, but for some reason my order went to Matthew's personal account. Neither could give me a real reason why.

I don't know what is going on with RA, but there needs to be some big changes. I asked Jeremy during one of our conversations if he had ever been able to consistently meet the 3-5 week lead times and he said no. Continuing to advertise 3-5 week estimated lead times is flat out wrong. Matthew talked in great length to me and said he had invested a large amount of money into the company and they had big plans for the future. I hope they get it sorted out, but until they can come more in line with the the level of the other ID companies, I see absolutely no reason to buy from them. Unprofessional, untrustworthy and shady are the 3 words I would use to describe them up to this point in time.
Madmax67 likes this.
post #5490 of 6445 Old 05-30-2016, 03:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1644 Post(s)
Liked: 920
This is only a guess but I don't think RA is exactly swimming in orders, and another guess is that most of the customers are aware of this forum and this thread, I haven't seen any advertising from RA unlike the other ID companies.

It also seems clear that Jeremy isn't running a scam operation and his integrity IMO shouldn't be questioned based on the feedback I've seen. There are various business issues to be solved I'm sure but like its been said, its not new.

That being the case I think everyone is pretty aware of the lead times etc and its not like people are being fooled. A google search for RA leads straight to this thread, it would be almost impossible not to be aware of this thread with even the most cursory research.

Its a self correcting problem the way I see it. I mean if they had fixed the supply chain etc, there's no reason they wouldn't be more successful by now, and the owners would love that and so would us consumers as more choice is great for everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page