Reaction Audio Subs - Page 185 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4224Likes

post #5521 of 6445 Old 06-01-2016, 09:17 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2668 Post(s)
Liked: 3015
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
Jeff I'm a little confused as to why you have such strong opinions on all things RA? You don't own anything from RA, you don't plan on buying anything from RA yet you keep posting stuff like this, what gives?
I was recently in the market for a sub, and I was glad to see these kinds of issues being raised. To borrow loosely from recent post in this thread, it seems that some want to fan the smoke around a lot to obscure the fire.

As it is, I went with another sub brand that doesn't have a history of production problems and refund issues. So these kinds of discussions are important because a lot of what we do in this forum is about helping others make decisions, and there are a lot of lurkers that read these threads and base their decisions upon what is said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
You have an issue with Jeremy that we don't know about? I'm sure those that are having issues or have ordered goods can speak for themselves. Let Jeremy try sorting things out without you throwing additional fuel on the fire, if you have no skin in the game I'm not sure why you need to be posting about what Jeremy needs to be doing.
It seems like this is personal for you, both through your baseless accusation at ahblaza and by talking about the RA owner on a first name basis. I suggest talking about this more objectively.

RA is a company, and there are many of us that have certain expectations of service from ID companies. It's clear that RA is not meeting those expectations. For example, minimally a customer should be able to expect a speedy refund, and it's the company's responsibility to make that happen, even if it costs the company more money if they have to write a check or whatever. It should never be the customer's problem. Ever.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 1, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | HE-400i | NAD HP50 | Sony MDR-1A | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | X5ii | DX50 | E12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5522 of 6445 Old 06-01-2016, 09:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
I don't have to own or plan on buying anything from RA to voice my strong feelings for all the folks going through this drama of extensive lead times, stressing over getting refunds after waiting 4+ months for product when initially their payment took a few seconds to complete and the CC was charged, not to mention defective in field product. I think it's absolutely sickening to have to make monthly payments on your CC and pay interest for merchandise not received. You didn't have to go through any of this so don't act like you understand what others are suffering.

Then you take leave of these threads and say you don't live on the forums anymore and sold ALL your RA equipment after saying how much better they were than your JTR's. I can only imagine how many people took your advice and purchased specifically on your reviews. Who are you to tell me what I can say or not say when I have a genuine concern for fellow audio enthusiasts who were probably making their first REAL audio purchase. Why don't you comment on the other many non RA customers who own no RA product with what they had to say about shutting this thread down to prevent further misfortune for all.........

I guess I feel like I have a personal stake in this to some degree simply because of all of the PMs I got in the past insisting I was making a BIG mistake by going with psa and ra would be a much better choice. Some of those PMs were from you, Joe. And I know MANY other current PSA owners were also swamped with PMs like this during their research process. Again, from you. Let me ask you this Joe, since you have been RA's unofficial head of PR for years now(often behind the scenes so to speak) AND you seem so very certain there is absolutely no risk if ordering from them, why not agree to reimburse anyone who follows your advice if needed? Have a nice day, I will not comment in this thread again, if people don't get it by now then that's on them, what's it going to take.

Q1 of 2016 was supposed to be the break out period for getting all orders shipped in a timely and efficient manner with new products that had extensive R&D prior to being released. Now it's Q3 and 4 and all will be well................I hope Jeremy can dig himself out of this hole, when I start seeing resolution and addressing all the complaints that have surfaced over this Holiday weekend then I will feel comfortable reco'ing RA products. Yes I have been a PSA advocate for over 4 years and it's justifiably so, I can sleep at night knowing all my reco's have produced very satisfied current and new owners of said product. CS is priority one in my book, most purchases are based on that coupled with an excellent track record for delivering the goods that are beyond good. Need I say more, I won't, the ball is in RA's court. I will be the first to commend RA when I see some positive feedback to the problems folks are now dealing with.

Most Sincerely, Jeffrey Nordi
Jeff, if you and Joe are going to do this, I would politely ask that the two of you do it somewhere else.

The last big online argument the two of you had it out over audio gear I got roped into (as did someone else) and it started a chain reaction that cost me a friendship that I valued greatly who works for another company. I'm still pretty upset about that and there are so many days in this business that I wished I could just pick up the phone and pick that guy's brain. But oh well, life goes on.

Joe has never been officially or un-officially affiliated with my company.
I was hearing last year that you were telling more than one person that you would be manning live chat part time for another company, so even so, it's a lot like calling the pot calling the kettle.

Joe is incorrect because you have purchased from RA before. You ordered a pair of speakers which you later cancelled and got a full refund on.
So I will say that you do have a right to post in this thread as anyone.

It is not my wish to censor you or suppress your opinions, but a little decorum I do think is not too much to ask. From both of you guys.
Defcon, chucky7, Shniks and 5 others like this.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

post #5523 of 6445 Old 06-01-2016, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgebsl View Post
We have had zeeo issues with them for about 6 months. We can discuss options though for pairs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Ya, I'm thinking, given the size and weight of these things, that this would be a much safer route.

DJ

2kW fully active, fully balanced 2 channel Vaders

Overkill IS my middle name.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5524 of 6445 Old 06-01-2016, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2301 Post(s)
Liked: 2839
Perhaps we can now avoid this!

ahblaza and djreef like this.
post #5525 of 6445 Old 06-01-2016, 11:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2458 Post(s)
Liked: 3397
@Jeremy I will honor your request and not debate issues with Mr. Brown on this forum. You seem to have no problem airing this statement you just made based on total here say:

"Joe has never been officially or un-officially affiliated with my company.
I was hearing last year that you were telling more than one person that you would be manning live chat part time for another company, so even so, it's a lot like calling the pot calling the kettle."

I have never said that I WOULD be manning the live chat, I did mention that it was a possibility, Jim, Tom and I had casually talked about that, I'm not denying that nor did I tell this to so many people as you think. I had been with Tom and Jim from the beginning and owned at the time every product that PSA manufactured including the new speaker line which I constantly asked Jim daily to design. Being the first to own these speakers I was able to assist with many reviews and help a lot of folks with informed first hand experience with both speakers and subs, experience and honest word of mouth is second to none as far as PR goes in my opinion.

The demand for information was overwhelming and live chat was swamped, this is when it was suggested that I may be of some assistance in this department. So yes that's not speculation but the truth, I nor PSA have nothing to hide so if you think that's calling the kettle black, so be it. I have never been officially been associated with PSA, unofficially yes I was a true advocate for PSA and will continue to spread the good news to all who will listen as I believe that's what people want, The TRUTH..........

The last big online argument the two of you had it out over audio gear I got roped into (as did someone else) and it started a chain reaction that cost me a friendship that I valued greatly who works for another company. I'm still pretty upset about that and there are so many days in this business that I wished I could just pick up the phone and pick that guy's brain. But oh well, life goes on.

As far as this statement I won't deny the fact that Mr. Brown and I had some differences of opinion but for you to say that this caused you a friendship is so far from the truth, I'm well aware of your friendship and this other person and believe me it goes a lot deeper than my disagreements with Mr. Brown. I don't want to air any more dirty laundry here Jeremy so please do not pass the buck onto my shoulders. Pick the phone up and pick his brain, do me that favor and I believe you will be singing a different tune.

All that's happening here Jeremy is people are starting to think out loud instead of just lurking and keeping their thoughts to themselves. This is the reality of the current situation, the solution is simple: follow through with what you say you're going to do and actually do it. When this happens I will sing nothing but praise for you and Reaction Audio.
gbreda and Madmax67 like this.
post #5526 of 6445 Old 06-01-2016, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 149
The amount of drama in this thread is incredible. I rarely post anymore but sometimes it feels like this whole situation is going in circles. A (fairly) long time ago back when I ordered my CX-15's I swear it's the same group of people constantly fighting back and forth in this thread. Hopefully whatever issues that are present get resolved quickly, as my experience with Jeremy's products so far has been positive.
post #5527 of 6445 Old 06-01-2016, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 85
I believe that there are more happy RA customers than unhappy ones that simply do not visit these forums to voice their opinions. I am not trying to make excuses for RA but it seems to me like a vocal minority has taken to this thread recently; and I'm not saying that they shouldn't describe their experiences because it does help people make informed decisions but those people should also be informed that many people have had no issues whatsoever with their RA purchases in the past.

***FULL DISCLOSURE*** I own several RA loudspeakers and a subwoofer and have had no issues. The lead time was very VERY long, but I contacted Jeremy once a week and received an update the following day or two days. He was never untruthful and always tried to accommodate me. I always felt like I was his only customer whenever I spoke to him on the phone which was very refreshing.
post #5528 of 6445 Old 06-01-2016, 06:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
Liked: 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
Sounds like you're happy with your experience.
Not sure if it was you but doesn't sound like it.
Yep, I am very happy with my experience. Reaction Audio was, and continues to be, very good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
@Randy , I don't think he was referring to you, another gentleman's name comes to mind, I won't divulge that entity. I think the CX10 was one of the better products produced by RA, lead times were in check, price was right and performance was satisfactory with good build quality and then I don't know what happened, moving to fast to introduce new products without much attention to QC and performance.

I remember the CX-15s being highly regarded and comparable to the JTR's.....This was no rookie either. Enough said right?
Yeah, I remember a few respected members saying they were impressed with the CX-15 at GTGs with some big time performers (Elusive 1099, JTR 228 and 212 among them). I also remember one member buying a pair on the spot at one of those events.

As to what is happening recently, I am not sure what to think about it for now. I can say that I hope everything gets cleared up in short order, and the new Axis line offers killer performance.
jbrown15 and ahblaza like this.
post #5529 of 6445 Old 06-02-2016, 05:47 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Happy Thursday, but...

Still no refund on June 2nd, 2016, missing $1199, order was canceled May 9th, 2016.

Never recieved the canceled email as stated in the text message and phone call from Jermery at Reaction Audio told me to file a claim with VISA.
Madmax67 likes this.
post #5530 of 6445 Old 06-02-2016, 05:52 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3527
Quote:
He is the one that shut it down and gave no reason or situation to fix. I will be happy to call him today and keep you aprised of the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeSky View Post
Happy Thursday, but...

Still no refund on June 2nd, 2016, missing $1199, order was canceled May 9th, 2016.

Never recieved the canceled email as stated in the text message and phone call from Jermery at Reaction Audio told me to file a claim with VISA.
i take it you weren't "aprised" of the results of the phone call...
post #5531 of 6445 Old 06-02-2016, 06:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Happy Thursday, but...

We tried calling you.

Will try again in a bit.
Check your call log.

Thanks.

Jeremy

post #5532 of 6445 Old 06-02-2016, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Happy Thursday, but...

We tried calling you.

Will try again in a bit.
Check your call log.

Thanks.

I didn't get a call from you or VM. I do have some random missed call from NY at 9:26pm.

Dude, it has been almost a month now, I don't know what you had to tell me, but I would prefer something in writing, I am done with talk.

You can post here, email me, or leave me a VM. I don't need another call with what I should do, I don't need anymore excuses, I didn't do anything wrong and just want my prompt refund.
post #5533 of 6445 Old 06-02-2016, 08:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
Yeah, I remember a few respected members saying they were impressed with the CX-15 at GTGs with some big time performers (Elusive 1099, JTR 228 and 212 among them). I also remember one member buying a pair on the spot at one of those events.

As to what is happening recently, I am not sure what to think about it for now. I can say that I hope everything gets cleared up in short order, and the new Axis line offers killer performance.
Not sure if you're referring to the Boston GTG.

The CX-12 Be performed very poorly compared to the CX-10 and the 2015 JTR 228 was significantly out shined by the 2014 JTR 228. Apparently both the CX-12 and JTR 2015 had bad XOs. Jeremy shipped a replacement CX-12 XO out to Ryan after the GTG.

I highly recommend anyone buying speakers to run some sweeps with REW and not take it for granted that everything is OK out of the box.
ahblaza likes this.
post #5534 of 6445 Old 06-02-2016, 08:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
Liked: 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxozaxu View Post
Not sure if you're referring to the Boston GTG.

The CX-12 Be performed very poorly compared to the CX-10 and the 2015 JTR 228 was significantly out shined by the 2014 JTR 228. Apparently both the CX-12 and JTR 2015 had bad XOs. Jeremy shipped a replacement CX-12 XO out to Ryan after the GTG.

I highly recommend anyone buying speakers to run some sweeps with REW and not take it for granted that everything is OK out of the box.
Nah. I was specifically remembering the CX-15. I know one GTG was in Vancouver and I can't remember the location of the other ones (out east somewhere?). I also had a discussion with a couple of a couple of attendees when I went to THE Show Newport last year, and they only had positive things to say.

I remember this particular Boston one though because it had such a disappointing set of circumstances (as you mentioned). However, my particular model of RA speaker (CX-10) appeared to do well in its limited exposure there. I can't lie, I was happy to see that part.
post #5535 of 6445 Old 06-02-2016, 09:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
Nah. I was specifically remembering the CX-15. I know one GTG was in Vancouver and I can't remember the location of the other ones (out east somewhere?). I also had a discussion with a couple of a couple of attendees when I went to THE Show Newport last year, and they only had positive things to say.

I remember this particular Boston one though because it had such a disappointing set of circumstances (as you mentioned). However, my particular model of RA speaker (CX-10) appeared to do well in its limited exposure there. I can't lie, I was happy to see that part.
Yes, I was disappointed that the two most expensive speakers had those problems. Not to mention the effort that went into blind testing bad speakers. But on the bright side I did walk out with a new appreciation for speaker bias.

I wasn't trying to do a direct comnparison of the CX-10 to the other speakers (not really a fair comparison) but for me the CX-10 did sound really good and I'm sure you're very happy.
post #5536 of 6445 Old 06-02-2016, 09:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I didn't get a call from you or VM. I do have some random missed call from NY at 9:26pm.

Dude, it has been almost a month now, I don't know what you had to tell me, but I would prefer something in writing, I am done with talk.

You can post here, email me, or leave me a VM. I don't need another call with what I should do, I don't need anymore excuses, I didn't do anything wrong and just want my prompt refund.
Hi Luke, left a second voice mail.
We are trying to assist you and to help you expedite this but if you would communicate and cooperate with us we can be a lot more effective. I do not think we have spoken since you filed your charge back to your card no?

We can remit everything that was discussed in the call in writing if you like but would like your assistance via phone if available. Help us to help you and we can work together to solve this in a timely manner.

Thank you Luke

Jeremy

post #5537 of 6445 Old 06-02-2016, 10:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just posting here because I know a lot of folks check here often.

We have an unusual amount of correspondence combined with a lot of shipments we are coordinating today.

I didnt want anyone to feel left out, as we will get back to everyone just as soon as we can, so bear with as we work down the line.

Much thanks.

gkf15 likes this.

Jeremy

Last edited by edgebsl; 06-02-2016 at 11:16 AM.
post #5538 of 6445 Old 06-02-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Hi Luke, left a second voice mail.
We are trying to assist you and to help you expedite this but if you would communicate and cooperate with us we can be a lot more effective. I do not think we have spoken since you filed your charge back to your card no?

We can remit everything that was discussed in the call in writing if you like but would like your assistance via phone if available. Help us to help you and we can work together to solve this in a timely manner.

Thank you Luke
I got your VM and it just said to call you back, nothing else worth telling me?

I am on vacation this week and don't have time to take your calls.

This should not my problem, so just email or post here.

I'll keep checking my account as best as I can daily and post the results here.
Madmax67 likes this.
post #5539 of 6445 Old 06-02-2016, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 51
hey Jeremy,

what do you think the timetable will be for the 1400w 18s?

hoping it won't be more than a couple weeks before the first few go out.

it'd be nice to have something competitive with the cap1400 at much lower pricing. can't wait to see my custom finish.

Last edited by smellyfungus; 06-02-2016 at 06:22 PM.
post #5540 of 6445 Old 06-02-2016, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfungus View Post
hey Jeremy,

it'd be nice to have something competitive with the cap1400 at much lower pricing. can't wait to see my custom finish.
Waiting on mine as well....what did you opt for regarding finish?

Just curious!

-Tony
post #5541 of 6445 Old 06-02-2016, 09:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooked-On-Sonics View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfungus View Post
hey Jeremy,

Waiting on mine as well....what did you opt for regarding finish?

Just curious!

-Tony
white gloss to match my kefs. will give it a good photoshoot whenever it gets it. optimistic that Jeremy will churn theses out sooner than later.
Aarghon likes this.
post #5542 of 6445 Old 06-03-2016, 08:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked: 1779
I watched the finest hours last night. This movie a lot more in the bass department than I was expecting. Tons of powerful deep bass and for long periods of time.

The gammas sounded amazing during this flick. They definatly added a sense of accuracy and real depth and detail I haven't heard from any of my other subs.

Any graphs out there yet?
post #5543 of 6445 Old 06-03-2016, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newc33 View Post
I watched the finest hours last night. This movie a lot more in the bass department than I was expecting. Tons of powerful deep bass and for long periods of time.

The gammas sounded amazing during this flick. They definatly added a sense of accuracy and real depth and detail I haven't heard from any of my other subs.

You already asked this in the movies with bass thread and were answered. Yes it's been graphed
post #5544 of 6445 Old 06-03-2016, 09:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
You already asked this in the movies with bass thread and were answered. Yes it's been graphed
Oh thanks I didn't realize anyone responded. Thanks

1600 cubic foot sealed room! Samsung 8500 curved 4k
denon x4100
JTR noesis 228s rear surround
Quad PSA T18s!!!!!!
Funk audio 12.2 HP mains powered by/funk audio 6x500 watt amp
post #5545 of 6445 Old 06-03-2016, 09:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
Quote:

I just looked again and I'm still showing no response to my post in the MWB thread. Didn't see any graphs either...
post #5546 of 6445 Old 06-03-2016, 09:12 AM

There was a response showing what posts it was done by fatshaft

But here it is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatshaft View Post
OMFG Brian,
It is intense! It digs deeps too!
There's one place it hits REALLY hard from 3-8HZ!

Can't wait to watch this now!!!!!!!

ss nimrod likes this.
post #5547 of 6445 Old 06-03-2016, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Awsome thank you!

1600 cubic foot sealed room! Samsung 8500 curved 4k
denon x4100
JTR noesis 228s rear surround
Quad PSA T18s!!!!!!
Funk audio 12.2 HP mains powered by/funk audio 6x500 watt amp
post #5548 of 6445 Old 06-03-2016, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Oh thanks I didn't realize anyone responded. Thanks

Quote:
Awsome thank you!

No prob
Madmax67 likes this.
post #5549 of 6445 Old 06-03-2016, 10:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I got your VM and it just said to call you back, nothing else worth telling me?

I am on vacation this week and don't have time to take your calls.

This should not my problem, so just email or post here.

I'll keep checking my account as best as I can daily and post the results here.

Luke, this matter does require your assistance.
We need to do a conference call with your cc provider to help expedite this process.

It is unfortunate that this process has been an inconvenience but it is difficult to help you if you will not communicate or cooperate in order to facilitate that help.
You cancelled a custom order 39 days in. Many companies would not allow that and as is our recent policy on custom items for fear that the customer is ordering something no-one else may want and here the vendor is stuck having laid out all the materials and labor cost only to just eat it. But we did not want to hold you to an order you did not want and are agreeing to a cancellation in this instance.

You initiated a cancellation with your credit card company which means if we refund you using an alternative payment method you will end up getting paid twice and we end up refunding you $2400 for a $1200 order. What may expedite the process would be for us to go on conference call and accept the charge so that they will expedite it, or if that does not work we discuss other options.
Right now your refund is in process and in the hands of your credit provider and we cannot change or affect what we cannot access.

At any rate, it pays to be communicative and cooperative so that we can help resolve this issue as fast as possible.
It may be a very,very simple fix.

I understand that it may feel good to vent, but while posting repeatedly and ignoring our communication may make you feel better at the moment, it is not what will solve your issue. We have the same goal here so let's work together to get this resolved? Sorry to post so much detail but it seems this is
the place you want your detailed answers and we are happy to be transparent.

Thank you for your time and trouble.

Jeremy

post #5550 of 6445 Old 06-03-2016, 11:52 AM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked: 2725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxozaxu View Post
Yes, I was disappointed that the two most expensive speakers had those problems. Not to mention the effort that went into blind testing bad speakers. But on the bright side I did walk out with a new appreciation for speaker bias.

I wasn't trying to do a direct comnparison of the CX-10 to the other speakers (not really a fair comparison) but for me the CX-10 did sound really good and I'm sure you're very happy.
There's also been some product improvement so I am guessing that's further increased its quality of sound. I'd love to hear the improvements or one of the new models at the next one.
Boxozaxu likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page