Reaction Audio Subs - Page 210 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4224Likes

post #6271 of 6445 Old 09-19-2016, 06:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 602 Post(s)
Liked: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsand View Post
Really, she should not be a part of this discussion.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
She has never been. And, no ones ever suggested she should be. It was only brought up because of the link to their wedding page.
ahblaza likes this.

HT: Oppo UHD-203 | Crown Amps | NX3000D | NX6000D | 1299s | Volt 8s | THTs | Crowson Shadow 8s | BOSS riser | Panamax 5300PM | LG OLED 65B6P
Family: Denon AVR-S740 | PSB Alpha AVs | Sony X900F | X1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6272 of 6445 Old 09-19-2016, 07:12 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2668 Post(s)
Liked: 3015
Quote:
Originally Posted by picture_shooter View Post
Instead of wasting energy on this tread how about reaching out the Mr. Edge by his personal Facebook page?

It seems about an hour ago he posted a thread. I am sure he would provide some feedback and what his actions are going to be moving forward?

https://www.facebook.com/jeremyedgemusic
How would one separate out the spin from the truth?
ahblaza likes this.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 1, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | HE-400i | NAD HP50 | Sony MDR-1A | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | X5ii | DX50 | E12
post #6273 of 6445 Old 09-19-2016, 07:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked: 291
The wedding was posted in an effort to explain that potentially expensive vacays and weddings will come first before paying back customers he knowingly took money from and then presented false information to said customers about their refunds and or merchandise. I don't understand how IN ANY WAY posting this crosses a line. It's an established pattern of his, and completely relevant.

There's no legal instrument that prevents presenting public website URLs on another website as it pertains to an individual. If doing so lacks logic to the argument then we should discuss that; not the fundamentals of actually posting it or not. However, as I just explained it's more than logical to the discussion. If it's combined with false information which the poster knows is actually false, in an effort to defame, then that's slander. Proving what someone knows or not being false is incredibly difficult to prove.
ahblaza, cel4145, Rowan611 and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6274 of 6445 Old 09-20-2016, 06:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post
Who said anything about contacting her? Missed that. Up to her to read about her beau or believe him as his customers did....or not; seems if she does an internet search of Jeremy Edge Reaction Audio that should do the job in any case.

If you screwed somebody in your business you take that chance someone might bring it into your personal life, whether they understood your family was in the business or not....especially if it's on the internet. Wives IMO tend to want to know if they can expect social repercussions from their partners' activities, including their business dealings.
More than anything, Jeremy's unethical business dealings speak to the quality of his character, which I am sure most significant others would want to know. Of course there are cases out there where the SO is an enabler and completely fine with their SO unethical behavior. Who knows.
ahblaza and lovinthehd like this.
post #6275 of 6445 Old 09-21-2016, 05:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2449 Post(s)
Liked: 3387
Quote:
Originally Posted by picture_shooter View Post
Instead of wasting energy on this tread how about reaching out the Mr. Edge by his personal Facebook page?

It seems about an hour ago he posted a thread. I am sure he would provide some feedback and what his actions are going to be moving forward?

https://www.facebook.com/jeremyedgemusic
Did you see ONE mention about Reaction Audio on that page, now he devote all his time to his real career...............
post #6276 of 6445 Old 09-21-2016, 06:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 2066 Post(s)
Liked: 2233
Did @smellyfungus post about being swindled out of money here? I don't recall but it is mentioned in his for sale post

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...l#post46958881
ahblaza and kelly.mcaloney like this.
post #6277 of 6445 Old 09-21-2016, 07:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
Did @smellyfungus post about being swindled out of money here? I don't recall but it is mentioned in his for sale post

If I'm not mistaken Ray he posted something about giving RA money for an upgrade plus his G15 , I can't say for sure, maybe he'll chime in. It's a shame either way, I'm sure it's not going to be easy selling that sub no matter how good it sounds, I wish him well.
post #6278 of 6445 Old 09-21-2016, 10:20 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 44
So I got a pleasant surprise coming home from work today. Backstory is that I bought a B Stock Gamma 15 about a year ago (you are welcome Mix) and started off having problems with a rattling noise due to the cone's glue coming undone in certain spots. With Jeremy's help we were able to fix the problem with some Epoxy and everything was fine for about four months.

I wasn't able to spend much time in our HT room for a while, but since then the rattling came back with the vengeance. Of course this was when things really started to spiral at RA and I was concerned had ended up buying a weird end table. So in early July I PM'd Jeremy asking about getting a new driver as the epoxy didn't solve the problem. Over the next couple months I got periodic responses saying that he absolutely would send me a new driver. It even got the point where I received a label notification from UPS. Unfortunately nothing shipped on the label for a month I had given up hope that anything would happen.

So fast forward to tonight when I came home and found a heavy package from Gulfport Mississippi on my doorstep with what appears to be a brand new 15 inch driver. Considering what a lot of people have/are going through related to RA I feel very lucky.

Anyway, how hard will it be to remove the existing driver and install a new one?
audiofan1, hlnoiku and Koze like this.
post #6279 of 6445 Old 09-21-2016, 11:19 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 4588 Post(s)
Liked: 4791
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppilot View Post
So I got a pleasant surprise coming home from work today. Backstory is that I bought a B Stock Gamma 15 about a year ago (you are welcome Mix) and started off having problems with a rattling noise due to the cone's glue coming undone in certain spots. With Jeremy's help we were able to fix the problem with some Epoxy and everything was fine for about four months.

I wasn't able to spend much time in our HT room for a while, but since then the rattling came back with the vengeance. Of course this was when things really started to spiral at RA and I was concerned had ended up buying a weird end table. So in early July I PM'd Jeremy asking about getting a new driver as the epoxy didn't solve the problem. Over the next couple months I got periodic responses saying that he absolutely would send me a new driver. It even got the point where I received a label notification from UPS. Unfortunately nothing shipped on the label for a month I had given up hope that anything would happen.

So fast forward to tonight when I came home and found a heavy package from Gulfport Mississippi on my doorstep with what appears to be a brand new 15 inch driver. Considering what a lot of people have/are going through related to RA I feel very lucky.

Anyway, how hard will it be to remove the existing driver and install a new one?
Congrats on being a lottery winner! If you have the tools to remove the screws that hold the driver in, then carefully pull the driver out of the baffle (or I suppose that doesn't matter so much now), it should be a matter of simply changing the leads on the driver and replacing the new driver in the baffle. Hopefully they're the same connections on the new driver...

ps Hopefully the leads are long enough for what I suggested above. You could also pull the plate amp off and go in that way if so short you can't maneuver the driver out of the baffle so as to change leads....
Madmax67 likes this.

Last edited by lovinthehd; 09-21-2016 at 11:56 PM.
post #6280 of 6445 Old 09-21-2016, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

If I'm not mistaken Ray he posted something about giving RA money for an upgrade plus his G15 , I can't say for sure, maybe he'll chime in. It's a shame either way, I'm sure it's not going to be easy selling that sub no matter how good it sounds, I wish him well.

correct. i have been mostly silent over the last couple months most talking over PM's as most RA related topics were tough to read thru and it became pretty depressing to be an RA owner even though I have a working product (and sounds good too).

i think I mentioned part of my story but here's my long blurb. within a couple weeks of getting my dual gammas way back in December I knew I should have gone ported and that's when Jeremy mentioned the upgraded Echo. asked me to send one gamma back and the other will be sent back when I get the new echo (pricing was close to the same) things were slow but not dire at that time. people were still high on Jeremy and recommending RA.

as the best bang for buck opportunity i figured my patience would get rewarded.

i checked in around early summer time when things got bad but didn't hear back. i took Jeremy's update posts for face value so i didn't press too hard for a response.
tried a bit harder a few weeks ago and didn't get any response regardless of PMs, emails, or call. Docentric was even nice enough to mention me when he was talking to Jeremy. Jeremy told him he was working on something for me but alas I am one of the forgotten.

I was out the money from the returned gamma and then stuck with a sealed sub when I wanted to exchange for a ported. ended up losing a lot of interest to come to the forum anymore. wasn't sure what to do after i saw the post about RA being shut down by the state.

my craving for bass was insatiable though and I lurked thru various threads looking for some options that would still make me happy but at a reduced budget. spoke to Jeff who gave me an awesome offer for a "prototype" 118HT which I will receive this Friday (ordered last week, shipped Monday).

not only am I excited to own a subwoofer from who I consider one of the top 2 subwoofer makers, it has brought me out of the funk that RA had left. i had actually got an unexpected email from jeff today asking me to let him know what I think about the sub. a tad soon but awesome that he cares about me and my opinion and I will definitely post my thoughts when I get enough quality time with the 118HT.

wish I had figured out sooner that things werent looking good for RA but my overwhelming desire for the echo 1400w left me blinded. not much I can do but try to get a few bucks back on the gamma I have.

I'm too far out to get PayPal protection (I tried) so unless a miracle happens im likely out what I paid for the second Gamma.

lesson learned is pay a little more for the guys who have a long track record. it's nice to support the new guys but not at this amount of money it's risky and bang for buck definitely needs to account for that.

i don't blame any of the people who pushed RA in recommendation threads. it's almost cringe worthy to see old threads now but hindsights something something and hope all those affected negatively by RA can still trust the major ID subwoofer makers and find happiness with one of their products.
chucky7, ahblaza, gbreda and 1 others like this.
post #6281 of 6445 Old 09-22-2016, 03:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 2066 Post(s)
Liked: 2233
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppilot View Post

Play the powerball or mega millions tonight!!!
ahblaza likes this.
post #6282 of 6445 Old 09-22-2016, 04:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked: 1018
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfungus View Post
correct. i have been mostly silent over the last couple months most talking over PM's as most RA related topics were tough to read thru and it became pretty depressing to be an RA owner even though I have a working product (and sounds good too).

i think I mentioned part of my story but here's my long blurb. within a couple weeks of getting my dual gammas way back in December I knew I should have gone ported and that's when Jeremy mentioned the upgraded Echo. asked me to send one gamma back and the other will be sent back when I get the new echo (pricing was close to the same) things were slow but not dire at that time. people were still high on Jeremy and recommending RA.

as the best bang for buck opportunity i figured my patience would get rewarded.

i checked in around early summer time when things got bad but didn't hear back. i took Jeremy's update posts for face value so i didn't press too hard for a response.
tried a bit harder a few weeks ago and didn't get any response regardless of PMs, emails, or call. Docentric was even nice enough to mention me when he was talking to Jeremy. Jeremy told him he was working on something for me but alas I am one of the forgotten.

I was out the money from the returned gamma and then stuck with a sealed sub when I wanted to exchange for a ported. ended up losing a lot of interest to come to the forum anymore. wasn't sure what to do after i saw the post about RA being shut down by the state.

my craving for bass was insatiable though and I lurked thru various threads looking for some options that would still make me happy but at a reduced budget. spoke to Jeff who gave me an awesome offer for a "prototype" 118HT which I will receive this Friday (ordered last week, shipped Monday).

not only am I excited to own a subwoofer from who I consider one of the top 2 subwoofer makers, it has brought me out of the funk that RA had left. i had actually got an unexpected email from jeff today asking me to let him know what I think about the sub. a tad soon but awesome that he cares about me and my opinion and I will definitely post my thoughts when I get enough quality time with the 118HT.

wish I had figured out sooner that things werent looking good for RA but my overwhelming desire for the echo 1400w left me blinded. not much I can do but try to get a few bucks back on the gamma I have.

I'm too far out to get PayPal protection (I tried) so unless a miracle happens im likely out what I paid for the second Gamma.

lesson learned is pay a little more for the guys who have a long track record. it's nice to support the new guys but not at this amount of money it's risky and bang for buck definitely needs to account for that.

i don't blame any of the people who pushed RA in recommendation threads. it's almost cringe worthy to see old threads now but hindsights something something and hope all those affected negatively by RA can still trust the major ID subwoofer makers and find happiness with one of their products.
This really sux. I have stayed pretty quiet during the unraveling of RA and the less than ethical practices of the owner. There were a fair number of AVS members who have seen this before and saw the warning signs with RA-they were lambasted for pointing out these signs.

If those that came forward hadnt done so, how many more of these stories would be out here?

It has been said by others but if nothing else is learned here, do not let any purchase go too far beyond a promised delivery of the product and by all means dont let it go beyond a charge back period.
post #6283 of 6445 Old 09-24-2016, 05:39 AM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
It has been said by others but if nothing else is learned here, do not let any purchase go too far beyond a promised delivery of the product and by all means dont let it go beyond a charge back period.
I don't this is an absolute black and white thing here. It all depends on the company. For instance, I ordered my subwoofers from Funk Audio in March of 2016. There was several delays in the process and it ended up not being delivered until September 2016. This could have been a case like you were referring to but Nathan had been in established in his business for quite some time. He was also, delivering subwoofers to others so I felt that he was being truthful. Also he kept in touch with me and responded to all my e-mails in a timely fashion. Plus he continually posted pictures of his work (including my subwoofer) on Instagram. So given all those factors I felt that the delay was genuine. So it really depends on the circumstances and not a hard line in the sand that always has to be made. And I love the end result of the wait, absoluelty the most incrediable end product that I have ever seen. A work of art.
ahblaza, audiofan1 and Madmax67 like this.
post #6284 of 6445 Old 09-24-2016, 06:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJW View Post
I don't this is an absolute black and white thing here. It all depends on the company. For instance, I ordered my subwoofers from Funk Audio in March of 2016. There was several delays in the process and it ended up not being delivered until September 2016. This could have been a case like you were referring to but Nathan had been in established in his business for quite some time. He was also, delivering subwoofers to others so I felt that he was being truthful. Also he kept in touch with me and responded to all my e-mails in a timely fashion. Plus he continually posted pictures of his work (including my subwoofer) on Instagram. So given all those factors I felt that the delay was genuine. So it really depends on the circumstances and not a hard line in the sand that always has to be made. And I love the end result of the wait, absoluelty the most incrediable end product that I have ever seen. A work of art.
You bring up a good point here. If the company is established with a reliable reputation and you have rock solid communication it's up to the buyer. If things look shady, then its time to pull your money back. If the ship is righted after refund, then you can re-consider at that time.

Even if there is good communication from an established company, it might be wise to be leery of any charge-back deadline.

Bottom line is that it is your hard earned money at risk. If you do nothing after the warning signs go up and lose it, look in the mirror for one of the culprits.

This might sound harsh, but anyone who lost here is partially responsible for their loss, especially if they have been following the threads.

BTW, good on your Funk purchase!!!! You must be thrilled with it in all areas
ahblaza and Madmax67 like this.
post #6285 of 6445 Old 09-24-2016, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Quote:
You bring up a good point here. If the company is established with a reliable reputation and you have rock solid communication it's up to the buyer. If things look shady, then its time to pull your money back. If the ship is righted after refund, then you can re-consider at that time.

Even if there is good communication from an established company, it might be wise to be leery of any charge-back deadline.

Bottom line is that it is your hard earned money at risk. If you do nothing after the warning signs go up and lose it, look in the mirror for one of the culprits.

This might sound harsh, but anyone who lost here is partially responsible for their loss, especially if they have been following the threads.

BTW, good on your Funk purchase!!!! You must be thrilled with it in all areas
I have yet to hook them up and run room correction. Impossible work schedule. Really looking forward to get them setup and doing some fun movie watching.
post #6286 of 6445 Old 09-24-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
And I love the end result of the wait, absoluelty the most incrediable end product that I have ever seen. A work of art.
And this is a big difference between RA and Funk Audio. Funk provides furniture quality grade finish enclosures built to order constructed of birch plywood with nice veneer on many of their subs, not simply standard black boxes built out of MDF. Funk can even do high quality custom work. If you order high quality furniture from NC in the US, it's the same thing. You order and wait until it's manufactured (I speak from experience).

Ask Billy P. He'll tell you. He's demanding of high quality finish work on subs, which is a major reason he has Funk Audio products
ahblaza likes this.

Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 1, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | HE-400i | NAD HP50 | Sony MDR-1A | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | X5ii | DX50 | E12
post #6287 of 6445 Old 09-24-2016, 09:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 726
Not only Funk....but...DSS, Seaton, PSA and perhaps JTR not only offer incredible looking options but great sounding as well. I've always been a proponent of real wood veneer rather than faux finishes...but that comes at a premium...I understand & can live with.
ahblaza likes this.
post #6288 of 6445 Old 09-24-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
Quote:
And I love the end result of the wait, absoluelty the most incrediable end product that I have ever seen. A work of art.
And this is a big difference between RA and Funk Audio. Funk provides furniture quality grade finish enclosures built to order constructed of birch plywood with nice veneer on many of their subs, not simply standard black boxes built out of MDF. Funk can even do high quality custom work. If you order high quality furniture from NC in the US, it's the same thing. You order and wait until it's manufactured (I speak from experience).

Ask Billy P. He'll tell you. He's demanding of high quality finish work on subs, which is a major reason he has Funk Audio products
My point was not about the quality of the product but the quality of the company that produces the product. And sometimes having to waiting does not neccessarily mean that there is an issue with company business practices.
post #6289 of 6445 Old 09-24-2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:
My point was not about the quality of the product but the quality of the company that produces the product. And sometimes having to waiting does not neccessarily mean that there is an issue with company business practices.
Sure. I knew you meant that, and I agree. But "quality" in terms of offering many custom finish choices matters as well. When a company has only one basic finish option, then one could get ahead on production and just have a few in stock for various models and sell only what is in stock. But it's harder (and much more costly in terms of inventory) to do that when a small company offers half a dozen finish options for most of their products. It's a different business model.

post #6290 of 6445 Old 09-24-2016, 02:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have yet to hook them up and run room correction. Impossible work schedule. Really looking forward to get them setup and doing some fun movie watching.
If no listening impressions how about some beauty contest photos.

@Billy that goes for you as well..........
post #6291 of 6445 Old 09-24-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
Quote:
If no listening impressions how about some beauty contest photos.

@Billy that goes for you as well..........
I never get tired of looking at those beauties. They even look great with the grills on. They are veneered in Curly Walnut with a high gloss filled finish. They feel like glass.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0778_1474753846431.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	1682537   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0789_1474753970924.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	1682545   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0780_1474753999813.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	1682553  
Billy p, gbreda, audiofan1 and 7 others like this.

Last edited by MichaelJW; 09-24-2016 at 03:12 PM.
post #6292 of 6445 Old 09-24-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Sure. I knew you meant that, and I agree. But "quality" in terms of offering many custom finish choices matters as well. When a company has only one basic finish option, then one could get ahead on production and just have a few in stock for various models and sell only what is in stock. But it's harder (and much more costly in terms of inventory) to do that when a small company offers half a dozen finish options for most of their products. It's a different business model.
I agree. When I was in the market for subwoofers I was looking at PSA and JTR due to their lower cost and what they offered. In the end what was the deciding factor was how unique the FA subwoofers looked. Plus I really liked that Nathan builds his own drivers, and cabinets. After reading a lot of information about what Nathan does and the quality he puts into his product, plus I figured I was going to keep the subwoofers long term, I decided that the extra cost was worth it.
Billy p, ahblaza, gbreda and 3 others like this.
post #6293 of 6445 Old 09-24-2016, 03:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I never get tired of looking at those beauties. They even look great with the grills on.
Are you kidding me?......WOW !!!!! Those look like they were designed to blend into that room.

YUP, well worth the wait
post #6294 of 6445 Old 09-24-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
I agree. When I was in the market for subwoofers I was looking at PSA and JTR due to their lower cost and what they offered. In the end what was the deciding factor was how unique the FA subwoofers looked. Plus I really liked that Nathan builds his own drivers, and cabinets. After reading a lot of information about what Nathan does and the quality he puts into his product, plus I figured I was going to keep the subwoofers long term, I decided that the extra cost was worth it.
No doubt. I have a lot of respect for the high level of audio expertise of PSA, JTR, Seaton, etc and the excellent functionality of their subs. But Nathan is an artisan when it comes to enclosure building that is clearly a different aesthetic class from what many other ID manufacturers do. I'm wowed by many of the photos I see. The finish on your subs is just fantastic.
Billy p, ahblaza, gbreda and 1 others like this.

post #6295 of 6445 Old 09-24-2016, 03:14 PM

Sorry if I am turning this thread into something else other than a discussion about RA. Not my intent.
noshank, ahblaza and gbreda like this.
post #6296 of 6445 Old 09-24-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Sorry if I am turning this thread into something else other than a discussion about RA. Not my intent.
PM Sent
Billy p likes this.

post #6297 of 6445 Old 09-24-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Those look like they were designed to blend into that room.
I never thought about it before until you mentioned it just now.

Last edited by MichaelJW; 09-24-2016 at 03:24 PM.
post #6298 of 6445 Old 09-24-2016, 09:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 726
Quote:
PM Sent
Your not thinking of going over for a demo...now are you.....

Yea...Curly walnut is stunning...I especially took notice of the grill covers...I know magnetic inserts are included in all of FA subs...but in my wildest dreams I had not given any though of covering up those beautiful drivers until I saw that sub...I love the retro look of the cloth and matching wood frame.

My sub by contrast looks ordinary...
ahblaza and gbreda like this.

Ascend Acoustics: Towers, STC w RAAL & 200 SE in espresso,
54" of Panny Bliss, Anthem MRX 300, Oppo 103D,
Sub: Funk Audio 18: (Santos Rosewood)
Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors but we borrow it from our children!
post #6299 of 6445 Old 09-24-2016, 09:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2287 Post(s)
Liked: 2800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy p View Post

Yea...Curly walnut is stunning...I especially took notice of the grill covers...I know magnetic inserts are included in all of FA subs...but in my wildest dreams I had not given any though of covering up those beautiful drivers until I saw that sub...I love the retro look of the cloth and matching wood frame.

Whatever Nathan doesn't know what that word means! You have a gorgeous sub on your hands and if I should ever find myself in the market again, I'll be ordering an "ordinary" sub or two as well
Billy p, ahblaza, gbreda and 1 others like this.
post #6300 of 6445 Old 09-25-2016, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy p View Post

The picture you posted of your room, the subwoofer looked incredible with your speakers. I really like how well the finish matched with your other speakers. I dislike black speaker grills because IMO, the black cloth always seems to detract from the very nice wood veneer finish, unless the stain is black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page