Help, subwoofer not woofing! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-23-2014, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I have a kenwood powered sub, old (SW-32HT), that will turn on but the sound is beyond weak. I took it apart and all the fuses are ok, all connections are good. There are no tears in the speaker material. Thats the extint of my knowledge of home theatre powered subwoofers. Any ideas or options I can try to fix this. My guess is maybe the amplifier isnt working that is attached to the unit but not sure how to test that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-24-2014, 11:43 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 6144 Post(s)
Liked: 5366
We need more details to diagnose your problem. Just for starters - How and what do you have the sub connected to? Where do you have the gain and crossover set on the sub? What are you using as test material?
post #3 of 3 Old 02-24-2014, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Powered Sub, is connected to a kenwood receiver by a single rca jack. The sub hardly produces sound, so I opened the sub box and looked around. All the fuses were fine, the led light powers up fine, receiver speakers are set to normal, no small setting. Sub is set to yes on receiver, volume is set fine as is crossover level. The sub would put out a very weak sound, so I opened up the box and removed the sub. I then took my left front speaker wire and attached those speaker wires to my sub terminals and the sub worked fine just didn't hit hard due to no powered amp juicing the signal to it. I figure my powered sub amp is fried since sub worked on another speaker setup. I want to move this unit to my garage and buy a new unit for the home. Question is how can I change the powered sub to a passive one since the amp is more then likely fried?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page