Sub to pair with Klipsch RW-12d - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 08-24-2014, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
S T I G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sub to pair with Klipsch RW-12d

Just rearranged my living room and have room for a second sub. Besides the extra bass, want to add a second one so the TV wall looks symmetrical.

Current sub is a Klipsch RW-12d which I got for $275 at Newegg. They don't make this sub anymore and used ones are over $350.

Is there a decent sub $300 or less that I should consider? Does the second sub have to match/pair with the first sub? Speakers are Ascends, 340 mains and 170 for the rears.

Just want to pick up a cheap sub for now because I won't be spending $2000+ on two new/better subs for a few years I think.

BIC F12 for $185 ???

Last edited by S T I G; 08-24-2014 at 01:55 PM.
S T I G is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 08-24-2014, 04:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
wpbpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Cackalacky
Posts: 694
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 193
The Pl 200 is going for $259
wpbpete is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 08-26-2014, 01:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Check out the NXG BAS-500. It even looks similar.
Gmash is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 Old 08-26-2014, 08:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'd DIY through Dayton Reference series or Ultimax, it would be about $300-$450 and would smoke both these subs.
glhurd is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 08-27-2014, 09:14 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 11,746
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6388 Post(s)
Liked: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by S T I G View Post
want to add a second one so the TV wall looks symmetrical.
Just wanted to point out that with mis-matched subs, it's not gonna look symmetrical.
Alan P is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 11-12-2018, 02:52 AM
Newbie
 
puzurinsusinak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm going to bump this necro-thread because I'm in the same boat and it's now four years later. I've got this former forum favorite and would like to add a second sub. So, 12-inch front-firing 340 watts RMS. $300 back in the day. I don't care if the second sub matches aesthetically, just acoustically. What say ye?
puzurinsusinak is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 11-12-2018, 01:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
iceatola's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 534
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by S T I G View Post
Just rearranged my living room and have room for a second sub. Besides the extra bass, want to add a second one so the TV wall looks symmetrical.

Current sub is a Klipsch RW-12d which I got for $275 at Newegg. They don't make this sub anymore and used ones are over $350.

Is there a decent sub $300 or less that I should consider? Does the second sub have to match/pair with the first sub? Speakers are Ascends, 340 mains and 170 for the rears.

Just want to pick up a cheap sub for now because I won't be spending $2000+ on two new/better subs for a few years I think.

BIC F12 for $185 ???

I would go with BIC PL200 II or F12 sub instead

Video: BenQ HT3550 4K Projector - Elite Screens Manual Grande Series - 128inch
Pre Amp: Marantz 7705/ Power Amplifiers: Emotiva XPA-3, UPA-700
JBL - Stage A190 Towers L/R , Stage A135 Center , Stage A190 surrounds , Atmos Klipsch rp-500sa
Subwoofer PSA 2xV1801 / Xbox One X, Nvidia Shield, Darbee Darblet 5000
iceatola is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 11-22-2018, 02:26 AM
Newbie
 
puzurinsusinak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceatola View Post
I would go with BIC PL200 II or F12 sub instead
Has anyone actually paired the BIC PL200 II with the RW-12d? Or maybe one of our theorists could weigh in on whether the two would be a good match.
puzurinsusinak is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off