Forum Jump: 
 43Likes

post #1 of 52 Old 03-31-2015, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 25
SVS Soundpath Isolation Feet

I've owned these for about a month now...I must say, I am really impressed by these. They eliminate almost all vibrations in areas that I have struggled to correct. I have a fireplace insert that would rattle to no end. My "sweet spot" for my sub sounds best in a certain spot but it vibrated my fireplace so bad I would have to turn the sub down. Since these have been on, I can watch the opening of Edge of Tomorrow without hearing one vibration! Best $50 I've spent that really made a difference! Highly recommended!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 Old 04-01-2015, 09:39 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Quoted: 6137 Post(s)
Liked: 5349
What sub? What is your flooring made of? Did the sub come with rubber feet?
post #3 of 52 Old 04-01-2015, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

I have an SVS PB-2000. The feet are a hard rubber maybe 1/4" tall. My situation is different than most. I am in a relatively small living room that doesn't have a usable corner at all. The floor is concrete with carpet but the corner fireplace insert goes up about 5 feet and was designed to have your TV on top. Ironically this is my subs sweet spot. The downside was the top of it is framed with drywall. The vibration was horrible obviously. With the isolation feet it has removed 99% of the rattling! These would be a must or an isolation riser would be if you have a subfloor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 52 Old 04-01-2015, 11:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Be careful, some people will pop in here calling them snake oil or whatever the hell they say. They say you can get the same thing on Amazon for like 25 cents.

No matter, I bought them as well from SVS. If I'm paying $1500 for a sub, I'm okay with another $50 or whatever.

It's on hardwood floor, by the way. A china cabinet is also in the room, so it pretty much takes care of any potential rattle there. Hey, I'm happy with them.
post #5 of 52 Old 04-02-2015, 11:06 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinmcfluffin View Post

No matter, I bought them as well from SVS. If I'm paying $1500 for a sub, I'm okay with another $50 or whatever.
So basically what your saying is.... if you have a 300 thousand dollar car... the mechanic should charge you a thousand bucks for an oil change? Thats criminal!
ki11abee likes this.
post #6 of 52 Old 04-02-2015, 11:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiforce View Post
So basically what your saying is.... if you have a 300 thousand dollar car... the mechanic should charge you a thousand bucks for an oil change? Thats criminal!
More expensive equipment requires more expensive maintenance, it's been that way forever.
post #7 of 52 Old 04-02-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
More expensive equipment requires more expensive maintenance, it's been that way forever.
That's what they want you to think. That's the mindset they have been forcing consumers to succumb to for years. They charge it because they can, because you, as the consumer, believe it justified and fair. And you see others pay it, and it makes you feel better about the purchase. But when you realize a rubber foot costs 15 cents to make in a Chinese factory, and all they did was slap on a brand name and up-charge 9000%, you really start to think twice about how companies make a killing off stuff like this.
post #8 of 52 Old 04-02-2015, 04:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That's what they want you to think. That's the mindset they have been forcing consumers to succumb to for years. They charge it because they can, because you, as the consumer, believe it justified and fair. And you see others pay it, and it makes you feel better about the purchase. But when you realize a rubber foot costs 15 cents to make in a Chinese factory, and all they did was slap on a brand name and up-charge 9000%, you really start to think twice about how companies make a killing off stuff like this.
I don't succumb to many things that are overpriced, and as I'm sure that these are I also know that anything else I've been linked to has been a sub-par or insufficient product, something that was not ready to screw in out of the box.

Nevertheless, I've heard people say rubber feet do nothing, which is untrue. Are these overpriced? Most definitely, but they're doing the job I needed and I'm being assured of that. I got $200 discounted from my SVS sub, so I was just okay with doing this in the end anyway.

Will never buy a Monster cable though, that's for sure.
post #9 of 52 Old 04-02-2015, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

I've been an SVS owner since the first PB13 ultra came out. I believe in their product and have had nothing but the best experience with them. I've always been treated above average from them and will continue to be a loyal customer. I don't care if somethings better or I could get a similar product for less...they've earned my business. I've tipped more at a restaurant for above average service than I paid for these feet.
hughh, darthray and audiofan1 like this.
post #10 of 52 Old 04-02-2015, 06:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
So you would take your $300K car to Jiffy Lube?

Randy
post #11 of 52 Old 04-02-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransac View Post
So you would take your $300K car to Jiffy Lube?
Would you hire geek squad to install your home theater? Nah, you would do it yourself
post #12 of 52 Old 04-02-2015, 06:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
That's the mindset they have been forcing consumers to succumb to for years.
How has anyone been FORCED to succumb?

Quote:
They charge it because they can.
How do you think anything is priced in an open market? Is an iPhone worth $600+ based on production cost alone?

Quote:
But when you realize a rubber foot costs 15 cents to make in a Chinese factory.
How many Chinese factories have you performed a cost analysis on?

Quote:
all they did was slap on a brand name and up-charge 9000%.
Do you really think these are made by the millions and sold on the black market? Do you think SVS just buys them on eBay and just "slaps their name" on them?

Quote:
you really start to think twice about how companies make a killing off stuff like this.
If you had your own company, you would try to do the same.

Randy
post #13 of 52 Old 04-02-2015, 07:27 PM

Quote:
How many Chinese factories have you performed a cost analysis on?
A small handful

Quote:
Do you really think these are made by the millions and sold on the black market? Do you think SVS just buys them on eBay and just "slaps their name" on them?
I'm sure they bought a mold that sits in the rubber factory and when they need some more they hook it up and push out a couple thousand based on the order. Then they slap their name on it.
post #14 of 52 Old 04-02-2015, 07:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Well I'm following this thread because I'm waiting for someone to link a very similar product that costs a $1 per foot What are these anyway, sorbothane?
Musty Hustla and deepat04 like this.
post #15 of 52 Old 04-02-2015, 08:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
Well I'm following this thread because I'm waiting for someone to link a very similar product that costs a $1 per foot What are these anyway, sorbothane?
Same here, my subwoofer rattles the metal inserts in my fire place, if these can help with that I am in, for the knock off option
antennahead likes this.
post #16 of 52 Old 04-02-2015, 08:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 323
I'm interested in these but three things give me pause. First of all they're quite expensive for feet. Second of all I need 7 of them and they only sell them in packs of 4 or 6 (my PC12+ has four feet, my PC Ultra has 3) and for what they cost I'd rather not just have an extra one lying around. Third and finally I've been hearing conflicting reports about these effecting the tactile feeling of good deep bass.
post #17 of 52 Old 04-03-2015, 12:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNestico View Post
I'm interested in these but three things give me pause. First of all they're quite expensive for feet. Second of all I need 7 of them and they only sell them in packs of 4 or 6 (my PC12+ has four feet, my PC Ultra has 3) and for what they cost I'd rather not just have an extra one lying around. Third and finally I've been hearing conflicting reports about these effecting the tactile feeling of good deep bass.
Yea, that tactile feel is nice. I watched Interstellar Tuesday and parts of that literally shook my foundation while the spacecraft was entering the planets atmosphere ....... the craft was bouncing around the screen and I felt like I was there
post #18 of 52 Old 04-03-2015, 05:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1308 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris7277 View Post
I have an SVS PB-2000. The feet are a hard rubber maybe 1/4" tall... With the isolation feet it has removed 99% of the rattling! These would be a must or an isolation riser would be if you have a subfloor.
SVS slaps useless rubber feet which doesn't isolate vibration? I guess the rubber must be those extremely hard type.

I've asked SVS about using the Soundpath feet as isolator for tactile transducer fitted couch. The SVS answer was no.
post #19 of 52 Old 04-03-2015, 07:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 79
I purchased a set for my dual SB-13Ultras. I like them and feel they did improve vibration and sound (mostly music). There are lots of sound absorber feet and pads out there at all price ranges. I happen to like these.
post #20 of 52 Old 04-03-2015, 10:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNestico View Post
I can't speak for how they sound without the feet, but I imagine that whatever would shake me would also shake my living room. Problem is I do not have a dedicated home theater room, so all of the delicate furniture in here (and in my kitchen) might not only be vulnerable, but very rattly.

That being said, Interstellar was the first film for my sub to shake the floor in such a way that no other film I have watched before do so, and it does it very effortlessly. Movies like Transformers move the air quite well when getting low, but it doesn't do constant 30 second ~20Hz rattling like Interstellar does. This was fith the rubber feet installed. A great tactile feeling, indeed. Calibrated at 75dB as well (though I was probably playing it at 65dB).
post #21 of 52 Old 04-03-2015, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 2428 Post(s)
Liked: 3799
Quote:
I can't speak for how they sound without the feet, but I imagine that whatever would shake me would also shake my living room. Problem is I do not have a dedicated home theater room, so all of the delicate furniture in here (and in my kitchen) might not only be vulnerable, but very rattly.

That being said, Interstellar was the first film for my sub to shake the floor in such a way that no other film I have watched before do so, and it does it very effortlessly. Movies like Transformers move the air quite well when getting low, but it doesn't do constant 30 second ~20Hz rattling like Interstellar does. This was fith the rubber feet installed. A great tactile feeling, indeed. Calibrated at 75dB as well (though I was probably playing it at 65dB).
The special feet did not eliminate all the bass? Weird that it still shook your room with special feet on the sub.
post #22 of 52 Old 04-03-2015, 12:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
The special feet did not eliminate all the bass? Weird that it still shook your room with special feet on the sub.
That's why I'm saying Interstellar is that rare exception, which makes me wonder what I'm missing without the feet, heh.
post #23 of 52 Old 04-04-2015, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepat04 View Post
Same here, my subwoofer rattles the metal inserts in my fire place, if these can help with that I am in, for the knock off option
That was my main reason for purchasing these. It worked in my case, but my case is unique. I believe these are meant for users who have a subfloor (wood flooring) what the vibration travels through the wood. Concrete doesn't suffer from this nearly as bad as wood. Since my sub sits on top of my insert fireplace they worked perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinestar View Post
SVS slaps useless rubber feet which doesn't isolate vibration? I guess the rubber must be those extremely hard type
Yes they are the hard type. The sound path make the sub "float" you can literally put your hand on the sub and move it 1/2" in any direction effortlessly. It's kinda weird...

Quote:

The slam my SVS produces is more than adequate without the rattle vibration a lot of people like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Eliminate a sound produced in a movie because we use isolation feet? A 12hz note is a feeling not a sound.

All this about the cost is ridicules...the cost is more than the manufacturing. I guess because years, months, days to "create" something that isn't part of the P&L?

The time and effort SVS spends in the R&D of their product deserves a pricetag as does my OPPO Bluray player...pretty sure I can buy a $69 player. Why would I spend $500?
post #24 of 52 Old 04-04-2015, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

My "unique" set up

bubbrik likes this.
post #25 of 52 Old 04-04-2015, 07:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

My setup, FWIW:

This stuff always looks much more spacious in pics, and of course also makes everything look smaller haha. For reference, that's a 60" screen and a PC-13 Ultra.
post #26 of 52 Old 04-05-2015, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I have a set i bought for a PB12-NSD, and like them. I live in a tri level with wood subfloors/flooring, and originally concerned that the vibrations radiating through the floor might muddy the sound. I've never A/B tested, but am more than happy with the bass using the feet. Now I just deal with the occassional rattling of hanging picture frames.

I bought the PB12-NSD on close out, so I ended up buying the feet and a wireless transmitter at the same time.

The additional bonus is that it raises the 67lb sub a little higher off the floor, making it easier to get my fingers underneath to lift/move. I know one may not move a sub much but I've moved it a half dozen times in the last few months, and sure makes it easier.
ChromeJob likes this.
post #27 of 52 Old 04-08-2015, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Replaced factory feet on SVS PB-2000

Hello all,

I purchased SVS PB2000 recently and ordered the SoundPath Sub
Isolation System.

My sub arrived one day before the sub Isolation system, so first 36 hours I listened with the original factory feet.
I live in a townhouse and subwoofer is on the first floor, located
in the corner. My neighbor's shared wall is about 28 feet away from
the sub.

My Impression: I don't always listen at Reference level and even at
moderately loud volume, I didn't have much issue with vibration or
rattling with the original feet. New feet raised the sub about 1.5 inches off the wood floor. To me the sound is about the same. It's not better or worse in sound quality. At higher volume, it seems to
create somewhat tighter sound with slightly less vibration.

This sub isolation system maybe more helpful if you have the sub
on the second floor or have someone living below you(apt. or condo).

When you install them, make sure you don't overtighten.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-04-08 13.05.17.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	655601   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-04-08 13.19.08.jpg
Views:	1146
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	655609  
ChromeJob and bubbrik like this.
post #28 of 52 Old 01-10-2017, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I am thinking of buying 2 - PSA S1500 subs, and want to replace their feet with these SVS isolation feets but i found out today using the PSA chat session that the SVS feet threading sizes do not fit the PSA S1500 subwoofer threading...
Anyone have a power sound audio sub and are using these SVS feet ??
post #29 of 52 Old 01-10-2017, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 11
No need to spend $50 for these feet when you can get it cheaper via google or ebay. Most places sell about less than $3 a piece, and you can go to Home Depot or Lowe's to get the screws to make it fit on any of the subs on the market. I already ordered and waiting for it to come in. I have SVS feet as well and if quality is different I'll post back. Otherwise, save the money and get these instead. They look 95% the same.

Penn-Elcom 9106 Rubber Cabinet Foot 2.5" Dia x 1" H Heavy-duty
post #30 of 52 Old 01-10-2017, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I bought 4 Penn-Elcom 9106 ft and screws from HD for $15 total for my SB16.

it's sad that SVS didn't include a proper ft for the sub. they cost like $5 or less to make in China. Here SVS is milking $50 out of us.
Musty Hustla likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page