HELP!! - VTF-15H MK2 Subwoofer making really bad noise - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

post #31 of 46 Old 04-18-2015, 08:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by knappkd View Post
It is not smooth. It looks and feels like someone tried to fill it with glue or something. You are right; it appears that someone tried to fix it and did a shoddy job of it. That is MY problem. I never blamed HSU. To the contrary I thought it was done by their manufacturer and I told HSU that. I thought it was BS that they tried to blame fedex, when it looks like someone tried to seal the crack. I also did not like the offer of $70.00. That is lazy and really poor customer service in my opinion. Who pays 1078.00 for a sub that has a crack in it.(excuse me I mean 1008.00 after the 70.00 off) That would have been a great deal for them though. As I said, that is my opinion and I have a right to it.

No, that is part of my couch.
Can you post the pic of the box?

A Nice Radio Station with Great Music. For Those That Like That Sort of Thing: RadioParadise.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 Old 04-18-2015, 10:15 PM - Thread Starter

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Send a message via Skype™ to knappkd
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhskyTangoFoxtrt View Post
Quote:
It is not smooth. It looks and feels like someone tried to fill it with glue or something. You are right; it appears that someone tried to fix it and did a shoddy job of it. That is MY problem. I never blamed HSU. To the contrary I thought it was done by their manufacturer and I told HSU that. I thought it was BS that they tried to blame fedex, when it looks like someone tried to seal the crack. I also did not like the offer of $70.00. That is lazy and really poor customer service in my opinion. Who pays 1078.00 for a sub that has a crack in it.(excuse me I mean 1008.00 after the 70.00 off) That would have been a great deal for them though. As I said, that is my opinion and I have a right to it.

No, that is part of my couch.
Can you post the pic of the box?
Here are two pics of the box. This is the top where the crack part of sub is. There really is no significant damage to it. Certainly no more damage than the last box they sent me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1429416831664.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	673801   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1429416846569.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	673809  
post #33 of 46 Old 04-19-2015, 01:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
Here are two pics of the box. This is the top where the crack part of sub is. There really is no significant damage to it. Certainly no more damage than the last box they sent me.
As a former dock worker for FedEx i can tell you that they don't care about damages only on time service & they pay claims easy.... I'm willing to bet what cause the damage( If FedEx was at fault) was something heavy was stacked on top of the box putting pressure on the corner causing to collapse. I seen this a million times & you would never see what we called pressure damage because the box will remind intact.

JVC NX5 Panasonic UB820 PC Madvr
Sliver Ticket 120' Cinema white screen
Aggressive 1299 L/C/R/, Volt 10XL x 2 surround, MKII Atmos Modules x 4(Jav's build)
Pioneer Elite SC-LX801 Acurus A125x5
Ported Primate SI 18" HST subs x 2(DIY) V.B.S.S.x 4(MBM)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 46 Old 04-21-2015, 11:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 290
OP..........I sympathize with you. If I were you; I'd take full refund after the horrible excuses tossed by HSU. I simply cannot believe the deal they were cutting you.......offering 70% refund against a broken sub . Shame HSU if this is true. Ask HSU if they want a $100 fake bill against a brand new sub. I'm sure they will hit the roof.

I wouldn't care whose fault it was. You have paid full money and have all the right on earth to receive the product brand new without a scratch on your doorstep.
muzz likes this.

History is written by those who have hanged heroes ...

Main System: PSB X2T, PSB XC, PSB XB, Cambridge Audio Azur 751R, Rythmik FV15HP, PSB S500
post #35 of 46 Old 04-21-2015, 11:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Btw I had half a mind to add the new VTF MK2 to my subs inventory; but thank you very much HSU. Not even worth auditioning.

Main System: PSB X2T, PSB XC, PSB XB, Cambridge Audio Azur 751R, Rythmik FV15HP, PSB S500
post #36 of 46 Old 04-21-2015, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Hi folks,

I'm going to chime in a bit here:

First off, we did offer him a bit of a discount if he wishes to keep the sub. We don't force his hand. If he does not want to go that route and go with the replacement, that is fine by us. People value things differently, and if you feel the discount offered is not enough, then that is your choice. However, we did ask for some additional pictures because we need them for the claims process and we also need the receipt for the pick up of the original subwoofer, which still has not been sent to us. We can only see it as an issue during shipping as we did inspect and test the unit (which was brand new, by the way), in its entirely, before we shipped. Trust me, if there was an issue like that from the manufacturer, we would never have sent it out. We've been in business for about 24 years now, and I highly doubt we would still be around if we pulled that kind of stunt. Also, there is no glue in there. From what I see there is a bit of the foam bag lodged in the crack.

Kevin W.
Hsu Research
Sales and Marketing Representative

Last edited by HsuKevin; 04-21-2015 at 01:04 PM.
post #37 of 46 Old 04-21-2015, 01:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
Quoted: 3651 Post(s)
Liked: 4828
Um, to be fair, in the case of cosmetic defects, the CSRs at my employer would start with a 10% credit, though they are allowed to give out as much as 50% credit. The amount of credit depends on the profit margin of the product. That is why you see huge discounts on clothing items (high margin) and lower discounts on subs/speakers.

Most ID companies offer a 10% off for B-stock items. The discount is more if the product is older/being discontinued. So a $70 credit for a $900 sub is not that egregious.

Of course, if it happened to me, I would be very upset as well.
post #38 of 46 Old 04-21-2015, 01:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart123 View Post
OP..........I sympathize with you. If I were you; I'd take full refund after the horrible excuses tossed by HSU. I simply cannot believe the deal they were cutting you.......offering 70% refund against a broken sub . Shame HSU if this is true. Ask HSU if they want a $100 fake bill against a brand new sub. I'm sure they will hit the roof.

I wouldn't care whose fault it was. You have paid full money and have all the right on earth to receive the product brand new without a scratch on your doorstep.
I would take the 70% refund.

Hsu agrees with your second paragraph, so...

A Nice Radio Station with Great Music. For Those That Like That Sort of Thing: RadioParadise.com

post #39 of 46 Old 04-21-2015, 02:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked: 642
70% is one thing. $70 is quite another!

Why waste $ on more cheap stuff, it's like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife.
post #40 of 46 Old 04-22-2015, 12:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

It was a typo ..........even then the offer smells dead meat

Last edited by braveheart123; 04-22-2015 at 12:09 AM.
post #41 of 46 Old 04-22-2015, 10:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart123 View Post
It was a typo ..........even then the offer smells dead meat
Hsu and others have offered discounts due to shipping damage for years. They continue to throw it out there because it suits some customers just fine, especially those installing equipment out-of-sight. You'll notice that B-stock doesn't usually hang around very long. As mentioned a few times, Hsu also offers to just send a new unit (quickly). Most ID companies extolled here would do the same. Everything I've read in this thread sounds like good service to me.
turbojohngt and shadyJ like this.

post #42 of 46 Old 04-22-2015, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhskyTangoFoxtrt View Post
Hsu and others have offered discounts due to shipping damage for years. They continue to throw it out there because it suits some customers just fine, especially those installing equipment out-of-sight. You'll notice that B-stock doesn't usually hang around very long. As mentioned a few times, Hsu also offers to just send a new unit (quickly). Most ID companies extolled here would do the same. Everything I've read in this thread sounds like good service to me.
Agreed
post #43 of 46 Old 04-23-2015, 05:55 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 326
I deeply apologize for the situation. I will talk to the lady that you spoke to and work that out. Usually we only send the replacement once it has been picked up, but I made an exception in your case. Did you send the pictures to sales or tech support? If you sent it to tech support, please forward it over to sales. Also please pm me your phone number on here. I will give you a call as soon as I am able.
post #44 of 46 Old 04-23-2015, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HsuKevin View Post
I deeply apologize for the situation. I will talk to the lady that you spoke to and work that out. Usually we only send the replacement once it has been picked up, but I made an exception in your case. Did you send the pictures to sales or tech support? If you sent it to tech support, please forward it over to sales. Also please pm me your phone number on here. I will give you a call as soon as I am able.

Thank you very much Kevin. I was really upset. Thank you for taking the time to reply back. I will PM you my phone number. I really don't want my money back. This is a great SUB and YOU have been very accommodating. YOU really have been trying to make this right and I am a bit of a complainer at times.

I did send it to tech support, so I will forward it to sales. Hopefully, you and I can just keep the same arrangement WE had and I will forget everything the woman has said.
post #45 of 46 Old 04-23-2015, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Kevin,

Thank you very much for calling me and taking care of this. I really appreciate your help and appreciate you making everything right!!!
ChromeJob and chucky7 like this.
post #46 of 46 Old 04-26-2015, 09:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2116 Post(s)
Liked: 1109
Quote:
Kevin,

Thank you very much for calling me and taking care of this. I really appreciate your help and appreciate you making everything right!!!

Happy endings like this are always good to read, thanks for posting again.

// Posted from Tapatalk 3.2.1 for iOS - later versions are pfft //
chucky7 likes this.

"Exceedingly odd," said the butler.
Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
A: Yamaha RX-V775; Chromecast Audio; iPod Classic, Touch. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen, Samsung UN40ES6150.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page