Let's say u have 2 subwoofers, using minidsp 2x4HD, which is capable to have 10PEQ on each input and output channel.
I have follow the below steps to integrate the subs to my system, please let me know if it is correct or needs any improvement?
- Turn off all Eq from all devices, including minidsp AMP subwoofer knobs etc...
- set distances of speakrs and Sub to be the same in AMP(so I can adjust from dsp later)
- Set delay/gain to 0 in DSP
- use REW measure All subs/sub1/sub2 with 5 positions( I have a 2 seats sofa only ), with timing reference to left speaker, and output set to 4 (using ASIO4All, output 4 is LFE)
- do NOT do any adjustment in REW, export all measure as txt
- import Sub1/Sub2 measurement in MSO
- group the 5 positions accordingly, and see if it matches the All sub graph in REW
- add gain/delay/PEQ blocks to each sub filter channel , default the min/Max frequency to 20-120hz
( Why I can only add 1 delay block in a subwoofer but not both?)
( How many PEQ filter should I add in each channel? 10 is better?)
- set criteria etc....
- export the result and apply to Minidsp OUTPUT channel
- measure All sub again see if it is close to expectation.
Now, integrate All sub with speakers (center channel for AV let's say). I say Subwoofer here means it is a combined result of both SUB after the first round MSO integration.
- set crossover in AMP to 80hz ( say I like 80hz)
- mute SUB in minidsp , measure output 3(CC) with 5 positions
- unmute SUB , mute CC, measure output 3(CC) with 5 positions
- in MSO, choose Main+Sub config
- import all measurements (5 positions for 1 CC, and 5 for 1 Sub
- export the result
- import to Minidsp INPUT PEQ
last, re-measure everything again and verify the result, and enjoy my movie.
Am I correct or missing any steps?
How could I do it better ?
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk