The VibSensor Accelerometer Test Thread - Page 53 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 950Likes

post #1561 of 2157 Old 06-12-2017, 05:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1005 Post(s)
Liked: 767
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by unretarded View Post
While I am no doubt pushing them, I think it was a weak/defective one as the other one is just fine.

They have a thermal cut out in them and the second one did not cut out and the one that stopped working did not thermal cut out, it just made a couple clicking noises and stopped.....no bang....no magic smoke.....not even a burnt smell, nothing....just stopped working.

I told parts express the truth and they said no problem.........

I am thinking about stepping up to next level one from them and a volume control to shut down the second chair as it is empty most of the time.

Given the cost of the SI HT-18 V2, I can not justify 560 bucks for the top line clark....even though it is ridiculously powerful........almost 1000 ftlbs of shake and rated to 5hz, thats 5 times what buttkicker is rated as it is rated at 216 ftlbs just like my low end clark.

The next level up clark is another 70 bucks and just over 300 ftlbs.......so it adds another 100ftlbs of shake.

I am going to call parts express and see if they will give me store credit ad let me upgrade the clark and I want to get 2 volume controls, 1 for each seat............

Clark has a rebuild program , I do not know the cost, but it states at a fraction of new cost and is fixed price no matter how bad the damages.

If the second one quits, I will know I am driving them too hard and upgrade again.......

160 bucks for the SI HT-18 v2 , it is hard to justify spending more as I have a good idea what that will do in a 20 cubic foot box....the TT is nice, but would be outclassed by that 18.

The TT`s were a stop gap untill the new soundproof room is done to keep the noise level down outside, but I really like them now as they do add another element to the mix.

Any ideas if this will work for a volume knob...?

https://www.parts-express.com/atlas-...steel--242-874

I am running a niles si275 amp that is rated at 75 watts per channel into 8ohms and 120 watts into 4 ohms............I do not see any over 100 watt volume knobs........I have no clue about remote volume knobs.

The reason a TT's can be damaged is because they are the hardest working pieces in the HT. It does not matter for the most part getting a higher wattage TT. The key is to gain match it with the rest of the system to safely play at Reference.

The second things is don't get caught up in the TT's extension of single digits. Nothing wrong with using a hpf to control the ULF. I don't care what type of TT that is used, they all are prone to thermal failure and are displacement limited.

A couple of 18's won't best even the cheap TT's. I have eight UM 18's and my Aura Pro's still kick some butt.
SBuger and unretarded like this.

Last edited by derrickdj1; 06-12-2017 at 05:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1562 of 2157 Old 06-12-2017, 06:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Here is a prime example if the TT's are set to high, lol. Ahhh, maybe you like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Voave.gif
Views:	38
Size:	426.3 KB
ID:	2185913  
post #1563 of 2157 Old 06-12-2017, 07:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 1687 Post(s)
Liked: 2072
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickdj1 View Post
Here is a prime example if the TT's are set to high, lol. Ahhh, maybe you like this.
LOL....just for unsuspecting guests.......
SBuger likes this.

Link to Stereo Integrity SI HT 18 sub build......https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...-pedestal.html
Speakers and subs for sale...https://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...kers-subs.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1564 of 2157 Old 06-18-2017, 10:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Decided to have them send me the next step up clark TT, went from 200 ftlbs to 300 ftlbs........a 33% increase.....

In preparation for the delivery some time this week, inspired by eng-399`s new build, I rounded up all of my subs and stacked them behind the seating........... Big difference, as I guess they are coupling now.....

It will take some adjustments to get dialed all the way in, but it is getting there!

I have 3 subs across the bottom and one on top of the center sub firing in between the recliner backs.
SBuger and eng-399 like this.

Link to Stereo Integrity SI HT 18 sub build......https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...-pedestal.html
Speakers and subs for sale...https://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...kers-subs.html
post #1565 of 2157 Old 06-19-2017, 07:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 322 Post(s)
Quoted: 1161 Post(s)
Liked: 3597
Quote:
Decided to have them send me the next step up clark TT, went from 200 ftlbs to 300 ftlbs........a 33% increase.....

In preparation for the delivery some time this week, inspired by eng-399`s new build, I rounded up all of my subs and stacked them behind the seating........... Big difference, as I guess they are coupling now.....

It will take some adjustments to get dialed all the way in, but it is getting there!

I have 3 subs across the bottom and one on top of the center sub firing in between the recliner backs.
Awesome ...but be careful, having multiple subs right behind you is addictive with what they can do!

Also, cool about the next step up on the Clarks!

Looking forward to you impressions once you get it all dialed in!
unretarded likes this.

My "Blacked Out" Home Theater Room
1400cuft sealed room, suspended floor | SY Triple Black Velvet for Blackout | Denon AVR-X6300H - 7.6.4 Atmos | KEF Q Series Speakers | GIK Treatments | Oppo 203 | Epson 5040 4K | Eyes 7' to 120" AT Seymour Screen | 6x 18" Sealed DIY Subs (4x SI DS4-18s & 2x UM22-18s) | 6x Crowson MAs | 4x BK LFEs | BOSS 'Sub Riser' 6x JBL12s | MiniDSP 10x10HD
post #1566 of 2157 Old 06-20-2017, 04:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked: 1111
Late to the party on the Clark's....but I had them at one time on the seats flanking the MLP. I got them because my MLP was so much more tactile than those seat. They definitely helped, but still couldn't recreate it in strength or realism.

I did end up frying both of them...I think I had the TS201's or something like that? Supposed to be good down to 16hz.

I never replaced them as, as weird as this may sound, the 1200D behind the MLP actually added significant TR to the seats beside the MLP!
post #1567 of 2157 Old 06-21-2017, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1378 Post(s)
Liked: 3396
I remember reading if the data rate is too low in Vibsensor it'll skew the data, think I saw below 95 or 90, it's likely an accelerometer issue...mine just recorded the last measurement at only 10.1Hz! I keep getting measurements that are a bit different from the same phone placement and movie clip, using a bag of macaroni to weigh the phone down. This is only at -10MV.

Does this look OK? Captured an almost .3G spike on the second run that the first one missed.

Speakers: PSA MTM-210T x2, MTM-210C, MT-110SR x2; Atmos-SVS Satellite x2, DIY Volt-10 x2
Subs: PSA V1801 x2, DIY: 18" RSS460HO, 15" RSS390HO x2, BOSS w/JBL CX1200 x6
MA’s: Crowson Tech x2
Processing: Denon X4200, NU6KDSP, 3KDSP
Video: Epson 3700; Screen: Silver Ticket 106" High Contrast
post #1568 of 2157 Old 06-21-2017, 10:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 242 Post(s)
Quoted: 2289 Post(s)
Liked: 2384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekosche View Post
I remember reading if the data rate is too low in Vibsensor it'll skew the data, think I saw below 95 or 90, it's likely an accelerometer issue...mine just recorded the last measurement at only 10.1Hz! I keep getting measurements that are a bit different from the same phone placement and movie clip, using a bag of macaroni to weigh the phone down. This is only at -10MV.
the PSD will be garbage at that sample rate, max frequency is 5Hz so anything higher than that (i.e. nearly everything in a film) will be aliased into the reported frequency content. Generally speaking just disregard such data and work out what is going on with the device instead.
post #1569 of 2157 Old 06-21-2017, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ll3d00d View Post
the PSD will be garbage at that sample rate, max frequency is 5Hz so anything higher than that (i.e. nearly everything in a film) will be aliased into the reported frequency content. Generally speaking just disregard such data and work out what is going on with the device instead.
Dang, that's what I thought. Phone is several years old now, so that probably doesn't help. Might try the tablet or my wife's phone later. Guess I'll just enjoy John Wick 2 instead of running VS measurements ☺

Speakers: PSA MTM-210T x2, MTM-210C, MT-110SR x2; Atmos-SVS Satellite x2, DIY Volt-10 x2
post #1570 of 2157 Old 06-22-2017, 04:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Iphones work great. Some of the older androids will have problems.
post #1571 of 2157 Old 06-22-2017, 04:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickdj1 View Post
Iphones work great. Some of the older androids will have problems.
Ah good to know, it's going on 3-4 years old now I think, GNote 3, so ancient in the world of smart phones. Might try an android tablet in a few days or the wife's iPhone, after Sunday when I'm done with my next stretch of work.

post #1572 of 2157 Old 06-22-2017, 05:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekosche View Post
Ah good to know, it's going on 3-4 years old now I think, GNote 3, so ancient in the world of smart phones. Might try an android tablet in a few days or the wife's iPhone, after Sunday when I'm done with my next stretch of work.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ochibo.accfreq will show you exactly what your device can do. As far as I've seen, a device will vary the sample rate according to power conditions (e.g. if you have various things running or it's low on battery then it will dial it back)
post #1573 of 2157 Old 06-29-2017, 01:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBuger View Post
Awesome ...but be careful, having multiple subs right behind you is addictive with what they can do!

Also, cool about the next step up on the Clarks!

Looking forward to you impressions once you get it all dialed in!

Just received/installed the clark silver.........a significant step up !

Seems to blend better also.........kept the same settings as the lower model to compare with the same signal.........the way these are rated is force per watt. It does put out more force per watt.......

Also made some make shift isolators I was using with the old one and disconnecting the seat from the concrete floor made a noticeable difference.........I was skeptical to how well isolators worked, but it is noticeable .

Next project is a LLT 18 behind each seat.......well, the MLP for now anyway...

Not sure I want to venture into EOT intro again, I think that's what smoked the old transducer....well running it with no HPF anyway.......almost 2 weeks with no transducer in one chair makes me want to take it slow now....LOL

I also need to do some REW sweeps with all 4 subs behind the seats............hopefully I will get motivated soon and get some VIB readings.........one has to be in the mood for such things.

Funny thing is, it only took about 10 minutes until I started thinking what the next step up in transducers would do..........insatiable craving for MOAR !!!!!!!

I wonder if Partsexpress will accept the other lower one back and give me store credit to the gold one.......

200 ftlbs was good, now that I have 300ft lbs of force, I want 400 ft lbs, might as well go to the platinum one at 980 ft lbs of force.......

LOL....J/K........the silver gives a crazy amount of force.....will try and trade up the other one to the silver.....I think it has been less than the time they give for returns , we will see as I will be calling them tomorrow.
SBuger likes this.

post #1574 of 2157 Old 06-29-2017, 11:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Just received/installed the clark silver.........a significant step up !

Seems to blend better also.........kept the same settings as the lower model to compare with the same signal.........the way these are rated is force per watt. It does put out more force per watt.......

Also made some make shift isolators I was using with the old one and disconnecting the seat from the concrete floor made a noticeable difference.........I was skeptical to how well isolators worked, but it is noticeable .

Next project is a LLT 18 behind each seat.......well, the MLP for now anyway...

Not sure I want to venture into EOT intro again, I think that's what smoked the old transducer....well running it with no HPF anyway.......almost 2 weeks with no transducer in one chair makes me want to take it slow now....LOL

I also need to do some REW sweeps with all 4 subs behind the seats............hopefully I will get motivated soon and get some VIB readings.........one has to be in the mood for such things.

Funny thing is, it only took about 10 minutes until I started thinking what the next step up in transducers would do..........insatiable craving for MOAR !!!!!!!

I wonder if Partsexpress will accept the other lower one back and give me store credit to the gold one.......

200 ftlbs was good, now that I have 300ft lbs of force, I want 400 ft lbs, might as well go to the platinum one at 980 ft lbs of force.......

LOL....J/K........the silver gives a crazy amount of force.....will try and trade up the other one to the silver.....I think it has been less than the time they give for returns , we will see as I will be calling them tomorrow.

Awesome that you think the Silver is a significant step up! And yes, isolators should make a noticeable improvement for sure! I've never tried my BKs and MAs without the isolators, but from everything I've ever read from lots of folks around here, its seems to be the consensus without a doubt.

Cool about building an LLT(s) behind each seat, or MLP. I've been kind of following along in your "Going all in, deep in of the pool" thread for building these things One thing you may consider as well, since the LLT's are going to be huge, is going with a giant stack of sealed subs right behind your seating (the top cabs angled if need be to allow for reclining). Maybe a stack of 2 high right behind each seat. If you have ...say 3 seats real close together, that would mean about 36cuft all together (6 separate 6cuft sealed boxes) or 24 cuft (6 separate 4cuft sealed boxes). I think you were saying that your LLT will be about 30cuft IIRC in your thread. So it would be roughly the same size, or would be exactly if you made the sealed boxes 5cuft.

So in approximately the same amount of space, you could get some pretty crazy SPL and TR down into the single digits and have a ton up top for your midbass was well with 6 drivers in smallish sealed boxes right behind you. I only have 3 of them in 4cuft sealed boxes right behind me, and can get some pretty crazy TR down to around 8-10hz from them. Granted I have to run a pretty good LS (low shelf) to boost up the low end because I basically get no room gain in my huge open space, but doesn't seem to be a problem with multiple drivers that are so close behind me. 6 instead of 3 would be even better, but no way would that ever pass WAF. I'm lucky my wife let me have 3 behind the seats in the middle of the living room

I know it's been proven that ported has more TR around tune, but the 3 sealed boxes give me pretty much just as strong of TR down to 8-10hz as my combined 2 BK LFE's and 2 Crowson MA's together do, which IMO is saying a lot from sealed (although they have to be as close as possible). This should give you an idea of the TR of each from subs only and then TT's/MAs only in the VS graphs I ran not to long ago in this thread HERE

The graphs show my TR starts dropping off after about 12hz, but it still feels real strong well below that. For what ever reason VS doesn't seem to show much below 10-12hz, but its most definitely there subjectively.

So anyway, just an idea although I think your were wanting to only use 1-2 drivers. But you may consider going with more drivers and amps in multiple sealed enclosures for VNF if you can swing it. Either way, I'm sure your LLT's will kick some serious butt too though.

------

About the EOT intro, I don't blame you for not really wanting to run that again. If you do, maybe run it at a lower volume, say -20mv so its not as hard on your equipment. Your readings wont be as high, but who cares, it'll still show you what's going on at 30, 25, 20, 15, and 10hz. If I were you, I think I'd use the 0-50hz white noise instead. It'll give you a better view of what's going on across the board anyway (at least down to 10hz or so since VS doesn't seem to show much below) and wont be near as hard on your gear. And yes, I do agree that you have to be in the mood for it

Oh yeah I hear you about not taking long before you start thinking what the next step up in transducers would do for MOAR (this goes for more VNF subs and MBMs as well). This can be one crazy addicting hobby that can sometimes be like a thirst that's hard to quench when it comes to bass TR and Slam. Thus, the driving factor in wanting bigger and better gear and then optimizing it to its fullest with VibSensor and FR.

The thing I will say about the Transducers is that IME on my setup, the more power and TR I get from my VNF subs, the more power I want from my Transducers as well. What I'm trying to say is, I think they blend better as a whole when you have a lot of TR and Slam coming from the VNF's as opposed to only having FF subs and/or not as much coming from the subs right behind you. Another words, before I had VNF subs, I couldn't run my Transducers as high without them seeming not quite as natural and realistic with FF subs only. Did that make any sense? LOL I actually wouldn't mind adding more BK LFE's or Crowson MA's and probably will at some point I just don't have the extra funds for it ATM.

So yeah, after you get you LLT's built or (giant stack of 6 sealed subs right behind you ), you'll probably be wanting the Platinum's or at least more Silvers!
unretarded likes this.

1400cuft sealed room, suspended floor | SY Triple Black Velvet for Blackout | Denon AVR-X6300H - 7.6.4 Atmos | KEF Q Series Speakers | GIK Treatments | Oppo 203 | Epson 5040 4K | Eyes 7' to 120" AT Seymour Screen | 6x 18" Sealed DIY Subs (4x SI DS4-18s & 2x UM22-18s) | 6x Crowson MAs | 4x BK LFEs | BOSS 'Sub Riser' 6x JBL12s | MiniDSP 10x10HD

Last edited by SBuger; 06-29-2017 at 11:15 AM.
post #1575 of 2157 Old 06-29-2017, 12:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just got off the phone with partsexpress...........no problem, gave me a RMA and store credit so I can get the silver one.....

Every situation,personal preference, is different and while I am sure sealed would do the trick............I am tailoring this towards a future need for these to go behind a screen wall and the riser in my new room being used as a sub box firing directly into the back of the front MLP`s.

The single LLT project will give me more performance,SPL, than I have now with 4- 12`s and go much lower.

I do not use all the SPL I have now, but turn them up more than I like to get some of the lower hz...........I am trying to skew the LLT as much as possible to the low hz in hopes it reduces max SPL so I can turn the power up and get the lower stuff without having to use a -8 PEQ on the higher frequencies so it does not give soo much SPL.

I guess I am lucky in my tastes, that I am happy with 110-115 SPL on the subs.....more than loud enough for my tastes, my thing is the tactile impact/chest slam and the low low stuff.

As you stated, vib sensor and REW really make a big difference in getting that raw power dialed in.....helps get more out of what you have for sure.
SBuger likes this.

post #1576 of 2157 Old 06-29-2017, 12:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Cool, sounds good with your future plans! Ought to be awesome!

I'm with you on the more than loud enough. In fact most of the time these days I don't go much over about -15 to -12mv and that is plenty loud for me. Although I do run my subs around 15db over speakers (no dynamic EQ) on average and sometimes more depending on the movie track, which puts me up around the SPL that you say your happy with. And YES!!, my thing is tactile impact with chest slam and TR to down real low as well. IMO that really is one of the best things about VNF subs and TTs combined, is that you can listen at real reasonable levels and still get a ton of impact on your body and chest, along with real strong TR. That makes me very happy!!
unretarded likes this.

post #1577 of 2157 Old 06-29-2017, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I am a bit different, on many movies the MV is 0 to -5. This really is not that loud maybe because of the room size. Most of the dialogue is very comfortable. Now, explosions are another things. I have ran Omnimic during a few movies and the spl will top out at 127 or 128 db. This is not out of line for a 9.2 Atmos setup.
SBuger, eng-399 and unretarded like this.
post #1578 of 2157 Old 06-29-2017, 02:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I need to get a SPL meter as I am just guessing and could be way off....might be more or less DB.

I could hook up the mic and REW, but am too lazy...a SPL meter sounds a lot easier...LOL.
SBuger likes this.

post #1579 of 2157 Old 06-29-2017, 03:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@derrickdj1 Yeah it may be your room and maybe just tolerance to louder levels, especially around 2k and above. That and maybe you have good speakers that don't distort at louder levels. What speakers do you run? Mine are pretty decent, especially the mains, but I know there is better.

I can listen around -5mv or a little higher occasionally on certain movies, but -8mv is about as loud as I will go and is pretty darn loud to me. This is probably do to my somewhat reflective untreated living room I'm sure. I watched Rogue One the other day at -9mv with subs 11db hot and it seemed just about right for my tastes, but definitely loud. Bass Slam and TR felt pretty extreme, but still not overall uncomfortably loud, but close. Any louder and it would have been.

I do wish that I could listen louder a little more comfortably up around reference MV's sometimes though, because the louder you can listen the more the bass hits you. Not that I'm always in the mood for that almost beyond extreme slam that shocks your system to the core, but sometimes I am.

I've watched Mad Max Fury Road a handful of times up around -2mv with my normal 13-15db sub bump over my speakers. It's still the best HT bass brutality I've experienced yet on my system, but was honesty to loud on the upper end at times. By the end I pretty much felt pulverized and frazzled, but I still loved it!

@unretarded I should probably take more SPL readings too, to get a better idea where I'm at. But the other day in dominguez1's nearfield MBM thread when I was talking about that scene in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 1 (chapter 4 time stamp 17:16 to 17:19) when they fly out of the tunnel (fly by style), I was curious what SPL it was at. I was doing my normal demo thing that day and at pretty moderate levels, -15mv with subs 16db over speakers on that clip. I measured it at 107db wit REW. It'sin that 60-64hz region. I thought it might be higher because it felt like someone trying to punch or stab a hole in my chest on that scene. It just really makes me appreciate the VNF subs at my back and ported MBM up at chest level that much more. At pretty moderate levels, they can still feel pretty violent!
unretarded likes this.

Last edited by SBuger; 06-29-2017 at 03:33 PM.
post #1580 of 2157 Old 06-29-2017, 03:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

[email protected] punch a hole in the chest.......

I first got all 4 of my subs set up, dialed in running pretty hot. Put in the Jack reacher flick....all was fine and sounding good. Then the scene where he puches thru the car side window on dudes that are watching him.........it was like someone blasted me in the chest with a wiffle ball bat.......I was like Oh yeah....this is what I wat more of !!!!!

Keep in mind, while I have a very meager system, I am in a 12x12 room that is almost sealed.......so I get a lot of pressure/gain........plus I have 14, 6.5 inch woofers in all my speakers.......so when the movie belches out some 80hz blast, it comes from 14, 6.5 inch woofers and 4, 12 inch subs........thats a pretty good blast in a tiny sealed room.
SBuger likes this.

post #1581 of 2157 Old 06-29-2017, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
[email protected] punch a hole in the chest.......

I first got all 4 of my subs set up, dialed in running pretty hot. Put in the Jack reacher flick....all was fine and sounding good. Then the scene where he puches thru the car side window on dudes that are watching him.........it was like someone blasted me in the chest with a wiffle ball bat.......I was like Oh yeah....this is what I wat more of !!!!!

Keep in mind, while I have a very meager system, I am in a 12x12 room that is almost sealed.......so I get a lot of pressure/gain........plus I have 14, 6.5 inch woofers in all my speakers.......so when the movie belches out some 80hz blast, it comes from 14, 6.5 inch woofers and 4, 12 inch subs........thats a pretty good blast in a tiny sealed room.
Awesome!! Yes to me, the hit in the chest is the most exhilarating part of HT bass experience. I LOVE the LF slam and ULF wobble stuff as well, but the MB chest hit and pressurization in the chest cavity is my favorite part I think. For me, without it, it's just not nearly as exciting, especially when demoing.
unretarded likes this.

post #1582 of 2157 Old 06-29-2017, 04:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Awesome!! Yes to me, the hit in the chest is the most exhilarating part of HT bass experience. I LOVE the LF slam and ULF wobble stuff as well, but the MB chest hit and pressurization in the chest cavity is my favorite part I think. For me, without it, it's just not nearly as exciting, especially when demoing.
Adds a pretty good effect for scary movies as well..........just the sound is shocking, but combined with a scary movie, it doubles up on the shocking effect....
SBuger likes this.

post #1583 of 2157 Old 06-29-2017, 07:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@coolrda I know your probably still bustin it with trying to finish up your remodel and all, but if you see this sometime I was just curious if your TR changes much with your Crowsons as you recline. I don't remember if you said when you use to do all your MA readings with VS if you took the measurements in upright, partial or full recline. When you watch movies or demo, do you recline quite a ways back, or just a little bit?

If your to swamped to reply, then no worries. Hope all is going well with the remodel! Then you can come on back here and tell us how your new amps made all the difference for your VNF subs and MA's I'm looking forward to hearing about it!

post #1584 of 2157 Old 06-29-2017, 07:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@3ll3d00d I haven't checked in on your threads lately, but hows your build on the Nearfield multi-tuned Beast of a sub going? Maybe I missed it and you finished it!?

@derrickdj1 Just curious if you pretty much got youra system the way you wanted it. IIRC, the last time you talked about it you had changed it back to the way you had it before you tried the LLT nearfield. Your probably just enjoying it all now huh!!

@dominguez1 how about you Dom, any changes, upgrades or tweaks on the way or are you pretty content with it all dialed in the way it is now?

Sorry fellas for all the questions, I guess I'm just feeling chatty today

post #1585 of 2157 Old 06-29-2017, 07:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@3ll3d00d I haven't checked in on your threads lately, but hows your build on the Nearfield multi-tuned Beast of a sub going? Maybe I missed it and you finished it!?

@derrickdj1 Just curious if you pretty much got youra system the way you wanted it. IIRC, the last time you talked about it you had changed it back to the way you had it before you tried the LLT nearfield. Your probably just enjoying it all now huh!!

@dominguez1 how about you Dom, any changes, upgrades or tweaks on the way or are you pretty content with it all dialed in the way it is now?

Sorry fellas for all the questions, I guess I'm just feeling chatty today

I did not like the LLT's in the rear of the room. I went back to a more tame layout. I use the Back Bum Buster nearfield and two Marty subs on the back wall behind the seating. I'm pretty content and don't anticipate any changes.
SBuger likes this.
post #1586 of 2157 Old 06-29-2017, 09:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@Brazle you still really enjoying your new nearfield DIY beast? Did you get it dialed in like you want? Your on a suspended floor right? I bet your TR is pretty amazing between that and it being VNF right behind you!

@eng-399 are you still alive after the beating your new nearfield killers are probably giving you?

@MKtheater hows yours coming along?

Last edited by SBuger; 06-29-2017 at 09:35 PM.
post #1587 of 2157 Old 06-29-2017, 09:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 533 Post(s)
Quoted: 2419 Post(s)
Liked: 4966
The VibSensor Accelerometer Test Thread

Quote:
@Brazle you still really enjoying your new nearfield DIY beast? Did you get it dialed in like you want? Your on a suspended floor right? I bet your TR is pretty amazing between that and it being VNF right behind you!

@eng-399 are you still alive after the beating your new nearfield killers are probably giving you?

Funny your asking I just sat down and about to start all over with all my filters in the mini dsp.
The first graph I got was flat to 12 hz. after adjusting gains and putting in filters in the mini dsp and then once I ran Audyssey It changed everything to where the bass dropped like a rock at 23 hz and looked great up to 100hz but I want at lest 15hz and up in my room so I'm starting over. I'm starting to have a love hate relationship with Audyssey xt32
The nearfield sound great I think I might try plugging the ports to see how they look/sound to. I've been running them with only 2 inuke 3k's which I know isn't right because of how I have them wired but It it was recommend to try this out first. I'll add another inuke 3k them this weekend and see what happens with more power. Wish me luck once I'm done I'll be all over the vib app to see what kind of numbers I get.

My madness as of right now in the room with cables and my mic for rew.
post #1588 of 2157 Old 06-29-2017, 10:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eng-399 View Post
Funny your asking I just sat down and about to start all over with all my filters in the mini dsp.
The first graph I got was flat to 12 hz. after adjusting gains and putting in filters in the mini dsp and then once I ran Audyssey It changed everything to where the bass dropped like a rock at 23 hz and looked great up to 100hz but I want at lest 15hz and up in my room so I'm starting over. I'm starting to have a love hate relationship with Audyssey xt32
The nearfield sound great I think I might try plugging the ports to see how they look/sound to. I've been running them with only 2 inuke 3k's which I know isn't right because of how I have them wired but It it was recommend to try this out first. I'll add another inuke 3k them this weekend and see what happens with more power. Wish me luck once I'm done I'll be all over the vib app to see what kind of numbers I get.

My madness as of right now in the room with cables and my mic for rew.
I hear you about XT32. Back when I first started using it and only had one sub (Rythmik FV15HP) which was tuned to about 12.5hz in one port mode, Audy would pretty much do the same thing to me and cut it off about in that same area like yours around 23hz. Would drive me nuts!

Now with my nearfield sealed subs right behind me, I have to run about a 9db LS to lift the lower end up down to 10hz or so to flat or a little above. I do this with the miniDSP but only LS with 3db pre Audy so that it wont do weird crap like that. Then post Audy I go back in a lift it up to 9db and all is good.

Hopefully you get it figured out and get the extension you want without Audy neutering it. Oh man when you do, I bet its going to be amazing! VS ought to be fun too! Thx for the pics, the row of Inukes look cool
eng-399 likes this.

post #1589 of 2157 Old 06-29-2017, 10:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

After seeing that, I am going to quit belly aching about a single hdmi cable and the umik cable....

That looks like real work !

post #1590 of 2157 Old 06-30-2017, 03:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I decided against building it for now. I hesitated because it looked like it would be a real pain to actually build the thing in the space I have available and then I decided to make a change to the front stage in order to be able to move my LR a bit wider. This meant rebuilding my front subs which uses a pair of UXL-18. I was going to just build new boxes for them of the required shape but then I decided instead to move these NF and build a new sub up front using the current woofer de jour, the B&C 21DS115. This means I'll have these behind me

and this up front

I am also planning to redo the whole front stage to use a baffle wall so that sub will then sit in the middle of the front stage in that orientation. This will take a bit more time to work out though as that is beyond my DIY skills It will stand upright in the corner until then. I'm just starting on that main sub build this weekend so hopefully will have it ready to install in a month or so.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nf.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	2210849   Click image for larger version

Name:	ff.png
Views:	260
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	2210857  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement