Bass In Both Sub and Fronts at Same Time? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-22-2015, 02:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Bass In Both Sub and Fronts at Same Time?

I'm using a PC's 3.5mm jacks to send a signal to a cheap stereo amp, which then powers my front speakers. I'm also using the subwoofer out on the PC's 3.5mm jack and converting it to RCA, which then gets fed to the self powered subwoofer. The PC controls the crossover settings.

The problem is, there is no way to allow bass below this crossover into both the subwoofer channel and the front channel. Sure it's doing its job of crossing over, but I would like a way to allow my front channel speakers to also play bass alongside the subwoofer. My Onkyo receiver for T.V has a similar feature called "Double Bass".

I used to be able to get around this problem by simply feeding speaker wire into my PSW10, and then into my speakers. As a result, it simply copied the low frequencies and played it through the subwoofer, while also playing through the front speakers. However, i no longer have that subwoofer, and my current one only has 2 RCA input jacks. (PB-2000)

Is there a way to split/copy the signal being fed into the front speakers to also go into the subwoofer as well? (Without having to buy another Onkyo receiver, or any other receiver which has this function.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-22-2015, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 1258 Post(s)
Liked: 1972
I would use the headphone jack to send a full range signal to the mains amplifier

Not sure WHY you would do that--maybe your mains have serious bass output to match the subs...maybe.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-22-2015, 03:06 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 6144 Post(s)
Liked: 5366
"Double Bass" is not recommended unless your mains are VERY capable (few are).

Let the sub do it's job and handle the low frequencies, taking the load off of the mains and reducing distortion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
computer , crossover , double bass , subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page