2015 Bass Demo Disc - Page 14 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 218Likes

post #391 of 496 Old 07-15-2016, 02:10 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Liked: 187
I am interested in sending someone a blu ray disc or two and getting some do discs.

Im out of town for a week or so so cannot get a disc out before next weekend probably. I do not have a computer at all yet. Working on buying parts for a htpc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 496 Old 07-18-2016, 02:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theriddler07sms View Post
I am interested in sending someone a blu ray disc or two and getting some do discs.

Im out of town for a week or so so cannot get a disc out before next weekend probably. I do not have a computer at all yet. Working on buying parts for a htpc
Hi

I try to download the 2015 Bass Demo Disc but it is very slow (Reelwood Demo Disc 2016 is also very slow)

Can someone try to seed

Thanks again

Regards
ShoutingMan likes this.
post #393 of 496 Old 07-29-2016, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Wish I was able to capture my wife's facial expressions, as I tried to explain to her why I had a stack of Blank BluRays. And what was I doing with them.

"Honey, these were sent by strangers from an internet forum."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #394 of 496 Old 07-29-2016, 01:37 PM
Bass and Hi-Fi Enthusiast

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1988 Post(s)
Liked: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickett View Post
Wish I was able to capture my wife's facial expressions, as I tried to explain to her why I had a stack of Blank BluRays. And what was I doing with them.

Haha my wife was equally confused haha. She said "so you bought something on Amazon and had it shipped to a stranger and he's going to send it back to you after having spent time burning them for you?" My reply "yeah that about sums it up"
Quickett likes this.

| 7.2.4 Photos (Updated Photos 1/5) | Frequency Response | Visual: LG 65” B7A OLED | Elite VMAX-2 Electric 120" | Optoma GT1080 Proj |
| AVR/Amps: Marantz SR-6011 9C | Audio Source AMP-100VS | iNuke 1000DSP; TTs: 4x AuraSound Pro |
| Center: B&W CM Center 2 S2 Ed | Fronts: 2x B&W 684 S1s | Side Surrounds: 2x B&W 685 S1 |
| Front/Rear Heights: 4x Polk T15 | In-Ceiling: 2x Micca M-8C | Subs: 2x Rythmik FV15HP |
post #395 of 496 Old 07-29-2016, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:

That is awesome. I've never been 'the stranger from the internet' before.
post #396 of 496 Old 07-29-2016, 06:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 2384 Post(s)
Liked: 2023
We're all stranger than most.

Michael
ndabunka likes this.

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
Welcome to AVS - Get out while you still can!
Don't guess, measure: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/91-au...l#post22789786
post #397 of 496 Old 08-10-2016, 11:01 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Thanks for putting this together Quickett. It is a great collection of bass demo material.
Quickett and Iron Maiden like this.
post #398 of 496 Old 08-12-2016, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Soooo, this happened..... movers came to pack our stuff up. I rushed home because I didnt want them touching any of my gear. I still have the boxes for my ds4 18"s, so I thought let me take them out of my Marty's so they dont get messed up. You know where this is going dont you?
Of course I broke one of my push posts. The screw snapped, so I sent @Electrodynamic a PM. Hopefully it will be an easy fix. Fingera crossed.
post #399 of 496 Old 08-12-2016, 08:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 114 Post(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked: 806
Quote:
Soooo, this happened..... movers came to pack our stuff up. I rushed home because I didnt want them touching any of my gear. I still have the boxes for my ds4 18"s, so I thought let me take them out of my Marty's so they dont get messed up. You know where this is going dont you?
Of course I broke one of my push posts. The screw snapped, so I sent @Electrodynamic a PM. Hopefully it will be an easy fix. Fingera crossed.
Please send me an email instead of a PM. Thanks.
post #400 of 496 Old 08-14-2016, 04:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Hey guys, so I was watching one of the older reference demo discs that I bought off amazon (someone there is selling these discs) and during one of the scenes, a messaged popped up on the screen and the audio had muted and from the quick glimpse that I got, it said something about the blu ray player muting the audio because I was playing back copyright material. Well, it freaked me out and quickly turned it off and disconnected the network thinking I just violeted a law or something. Has this happened to anyone before or know of what that could've been about?
post #401 of 496 Old 08-14-2016, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teckademic View Post
Hey guys, so I was watching one of the older reference demo discs that I bought off amazon (someone there is selling these discs) and during one of the scenes, a messaged popped up on the screen and the audio had muted and from the quick glimpse that I got, it said something about the blu ray player muting the audio because I was playing back copyright material. Well, it freaked me out and quickly turned it off and disconnected the network thinking I just violeted a law or something. Has this happened to anyone before or know of what that could've been about?

Wow! I've never heard of this but if the player is connected I guess it's possible. Easy fix is to do as you didn't unplug the blueray player from the network. That's a bit creepy that everything you watch is being analyzed?

| 7.2.4 Photos (Updated Photos 1/5) | Frequency Response | Visual: LG 65” B7A OLED | Elite VMAX-2 Electric 120" | Optoma GT1080 Proj |
| AVR/Amps: Marantz SR-6011 9C | Audio Source AMP-100VS | iNuke 1000DSP; TTs: 4x AuraSound Pro |
| Center: B&W CM Center 2 S2 Ed | Fronts: 2x B&W 684 S1s | Side Surrounds: 2x B&W 685 S1 |
| Front/Rear Heights: 4x Polk T15 | In-Ceiling: 2x Micca M-8C | Subs: 2x Rythmik FV15HP |
post #402 of 496 Old 08-14-2016, 04:36 AM

Do as you did*

post #403 of 496 Old 08-14-2016, 04:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Wow! I've never heard of this but if the player is connected I guess it's possible. Easy fix is to do as you didn't unplug the blueray player from the network. That's a bit creepy that everything you watch is being analyzed?
that's what I was thinking, but I would have to, temporarily, manually do this everytime I want to watch one of the discs and reconnect since everyone at home will use the player for Vudu and Netflix.
post #404 of 496 Old 08-14-2016, 05:00 AM

Quote:
that's what I was thinking, but I would have to, temporarily, manually do this everytime I want to watch one of the discs and reconnect since everyone at home will use the player for Vudu and Netflix.

Do you have any other devices that can play Netflix and Vudu so you can just leave it unplugged?

post #405 of 496 Old 08-14-2016, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
First, you should contact Amazon and have this seller removed. You can even provide the links to here that clearly explain that these discs are not to be sold under any circumstances.
The message sounds like Cinavia. You're not being watched, and disconnecting from the internet won't do a thing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinavia
Michael
Alan P likes this.

post #406 of 496 Old 08-15-2016, 07:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
Like LastButNotLeast mantioned, these discs are NOT to be sold or used for profit in any way! We can copy them and used them for personal use or even for commercial use as long as there is no profit derived from them.

Also, the clips used have no encryption or security of any kind. I'm unfamiliar of how "cinavia" works so can't comment on that.

To anyone interested in these type of discs - please do not pay anyone for these - ask a "friend" to make you a copy.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
Screening Room - The Dream House
RPCRT-TV Overscan Reduction
Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc

Reference 2: Blu-Ray Demo Disc

The Best of the Demo Discs Demo Disc

post #407 of 496 Old 08-15-2016, 08:24 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 6222 Post(s)
Liked: 5518
Definitely Cinavia.

A workaround is to change the date in your BR player's menu to a date in the future. However, you will have to do this every 15-20 mins.

Just download the clips yourself...or use a non-Sony BR player.
post #408 of 496 Old 08-15-2016, 03:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post
Like LastButNotLeast mantioned, these discs are NOT to be sold or used for profit in any way! We can copy them and used them for personal use or even for commercial use as long as there is no profit derived from them.

Also, the clips used have no encryption or security of any kind. I'm unfamiliar of how "cinavia" works so can't comment on that.

To anyone interested in these type of discs - please do not pay anyone for these - ask a "friend" to make you a copy.
I knew that I recognized your name. Are you the creator of these disc by any chance? Your name is printed on the disc art that ive purchased. This seller that I purchased from told me that he is a member here and that he was really selling them as a favor to everyone since he priced the discs at 2 demos for $20 and 3 older discs for $20, which seemed fair to me, but I was not aware of the rules here to not sell them.
post #409 of 496 Old 08-15-2016, 07:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1793 Post(s)
Liked: 1791
Quote:
I knew that I recognized your name. Are you the creator of these disc by any chance? Your name is printed on the disc art that ive purchased.

No, he's not. He did the slipcover and disc design. See the first post of the thread. Quickett is the creator of this disc.

Last edited by zeus33; 08-15-2016 at 07:33 PM.
post #410 of 496 Old 08-15-2016, 07:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

To give credit where credit is due, Quickett is the creator of THIS disc. Leo has been more than instrumental in several others (including mine ), and has several excellent tutorials in his threads.
See the link in my sig or his.
Michael
Quickett likes this.

post #411 of 496 Old 08-16-2016, 06:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I knew that I recognized your name. Are you the creator of these disc by any chance? Your name is printed on the disc art that ive purchased. This seller that I purchased from told me that he is a member here and that he was really selling them as a favor to everyone since he priced the discs at 2 demos for $20 and 3 older discs for $20, which seemed fair to me, but I was not aware of the rules here to not sell them.
I've authored a few discs, contribute in others and tried to bring something positive in most. But the real recognition should go to the AVS community - we truly have guys that want to bring something positive and help with their experience. This way we all benefit.

Some might be thinking of what is the big deal on getting a few bucks for these discs? First of all, even though authoring one of this discs requires a lot of time, work and effort, we are using material from copy righted movies. The 'big' boys had left us alone, for now, but if they start hearing that someone is profiting from "their" work, things might change. So please, if you don't have a BD burner and you are interested in getting any of this discs, ask around to a "friend" for a copy. Lets not spoil something good.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

post #412 of 496 Old 08-16-2016, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post
I've authored a few discs, contribute in others and tried to bring something positive in most. But the real recognition should go to the AVS community - we truly have guys that want to bring something positive and help with their experience. This way we all benefit.

Some might be thinking of what is the big deal on getting a few bucks for these discs? First of all, even though authoring one of this discs requires a lot of time, work and effort, we are using material from copy righted movies. The 'big' boys had left us alone, for now, but if they start hearing that someone is profiting from "their" work, things might change. So please, if you don't have a BD burner and you are interested in getting any of this discs, ask around to a "friend" for a copy. Lets not spoil something good.
Exactly what I did. I bought the discs, but my "friend" burned them for me.

post #413 of 496 Old 08-16-2016, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 5336 Post(s)
Liked: 4836
Report any sellers to ebay, amazon, or wherever. They respond quickly regarding copywritten material.

Cost of the physical media + shipping should be the only cost.
superleo likes this.
post #414 of 496 Old 08-16-2016, 08:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Report any sellers to ebay, amazon, or wherever. They respond quickly regarding copywritten material.

Cost of the physical media + shipping should be the only cost.
I usually say "no" when someone ask me if I can make copies for them, but I've helped some folks in occasions. ALL of them had always offer to donate or pay for the "time". I've asked to donate the money that they were thinking of paying to a charity - and they've had, and some of them had donate considerable amounts. You know who you are - THANK YOU.
Marc Alexander and Quickett like this.

post #415 of 496 Old 08-16-2016, 08:57 AM

post #416 of 496 Old 08-16-2016, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Any surprise where this dude is from?
post #417 of 496 Old 08-16-2016, 02:09 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 200 Post(s)
Quoted: 5985 Post(s)
Liked: 5115
post #418 of 496 Old 08-16-2016, 02:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I just wrote a review of the discs and advised an error in the product description. We'll see if Amazon does anything about it.
Michael

edit: I also "reviewed" the Best of disc, which he also has for sale.
If we need to take this into our own hands, so be it.
nickbuol, superleo and Quickett like this.

Last edited by LastButNotLeast; 08-16-2016 at 02:50 PM.
post #419 of 496 Old 08-16-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandM View Post
Any surprise where this dude is from?
Where? I can't seem to find that........
post #420 of 496 Old 08-16-2016, 03:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Where? I can't seem to find that........
Product Description

The ULTIMATE Bass Demo Disc Volume 1+2 (AVS Forum) 2 BD 50GOfferer: AVS Forum
Type: BD-50
Package: 2 Blu-ray Discs
Note: No printing on disc

Shipment:China POST
It will take about 2 weeks to ship it from China to US.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
atmos , bass , demo disc , subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page