Will Reaction Audio still be around in 5 years? - Page 27 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1476Likes
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
post #781 of 861 Old 08-31-2016, 08:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ahblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh Steeler Country
Posts: 4,135
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2523 Post(s)
Liked: 3755
ahblaza is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #782 of 861 Old 08-31-2016, 09:04 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
cel4145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 16,705
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2668 Post(s)
Liked: 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post
James (shadyJ) has done several very nice articles for Audioholics and also posted some great pictures and initial assessments of many fine speakers at the 2015 Axpona that appeared here on AVS. He is knowledgable, writes extremely well and can be an excellent asset to any forum. However, his personal prejudices against certain companies (and their designers) are extreme, which makes many of the things he wrote quite aggravating to a lot of members. He’s always been a big fan of Hsu, and use to dis everything SVS. Perhaps that is where his prejudices hit a new level was with Tom at SVS, then at PSA. Be that the case or not, his rants against PSA became infamous here.

I enjoyed his review on the Hsu ULS-15 Mk 2. It was quite in-depth, with plenty of testing, plus was written very professionally. This could be his calling. However, I already knew he would love the sub, before I read a single word. After all, I don’t think Hsu has made anything he didn’t love. He was a huge fan of the Mk I (which I wasn’t because of several noted problems). Still, I have no reason not to believe that the Mk 2 isn’t substantially better than the Mk 1. Dr. Hsu is never one to rest on his laurels.

I was surprised he didn’t mention that the Mk 2 didn’t come with a wireless transmitter/receiver like the Mk 1 did. Perhaps it was just as well not to mention it. It was a piece of electronics that Hsu could never get quite right, so I’m happy they removed it from the Mk 2. Also curiously absent from his review was a test piece of music that the Mk 1 couldn’t reproduce at all (which led to a disagreement between him and I, in which he felt it wasn’t important that the Mk 1 couldn’t reproduce those measures). One would think that would have been a piece of music that he would at least try out, which makes me curious if the Mk 2 can actually reproduce it (you know which piece of music, Bill). I thought about going over to Hsu Research to check it out, but decided I simply wasn’t interested enough to find out .
More back on track to the focus of this thread, the person we are speaking of had some quite harsh things to say about this particular thread not long after this thread was started. LOL
oneeyeblind likes this.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 1, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | HE-400i | NAD HP50 | Sony MDR-1A | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | X5ii | DX50 | E12
cel4145 is offline  
post #783 of 861 Old 08-31-2016, 09:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dsrussell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Corona, CA.
Posts: 5,836
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2263 Post(s)
Liked: 3110
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
More back on track to the focus of this thread, the person we are speaking of had some quite harsh things to say about this particular thread not long after this thread was started. LOL
Doesn’t surprise me at all . He had a few harsh things to say about me as well. Do I care? Naw, I chuckled over them. One thing to say about ShadyJ, is that he has a vengeful personality that seems to increase over time. Difficult to understand how a person can get so wrapped up in hate that it overshadows all the positive aspects.
oneeyeblind likes this.

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 amp & C48 preamp, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95, dbx 3BX, and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek E5Bi (were rebadged to R5Bi), RBH/EMP Tek R55Ti, PSA S3000i, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
dsrussell is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #784 of 861 Old 08-31-2016, 09:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tvuong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 5,672
Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2826 Post(s)
Liked: 2724
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post
James (shadyJ) has done several very nice articles for Audioholics and also posted some great pictures and initial assessments of many fine speakers at the 2015 Axpona that appeared here on AVS. He is knowledgable, writes extremely well and can be an excellent asset to any forum.
Agree with you there. I really don't know the reason he was banned. I miss his posts here actually. I met ShadyJ a couple night ago @eng-399 place and he is quite a likable guy.
audiofan1 and madhuski like this.
tvuong is online now  
post #785 of 861 Old 08-31-2016, 09:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ClawAndTalon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 1,218
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 618 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
Things are a changin over thar.....................
Oh yeah?
ClawAndTalon is online now  
post #786 of 861 Old 08-31-2016, 09:43 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
cel4145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 16,705
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2668 Post(s)
Liked: 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post
Doesn’t surprise me at all . He had a few harsh things to say about me as well. Do I care? Naw, I chuckled over them. One thing to say about ShadyJ, is that he has a vengeful personality that seems to increase over time. Difficult to understand how a person can get so wrapped up in hate that it overshadows all the positive aspects.
Yeah. He and I used to argue as well. I wasn't around a lot for much of last fall and winter, and was disappointed to see he was gone. 90% of the time he had really good things to say. But for some reason, that PSA animosity took over quite often. It was weird.
oneeyeblind and audiofan1 like this.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 1, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | HE-400i | NAD HP50 | Sony MDR-1A | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | X5ii | DX50 | E12
cel4145 is offline  
post #787 of 861 Old 08-31-2016, 10:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eng-399's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Plainfield IL.
Posts: 5,579
Mentioned: 576 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2457 Post(s)
Liked: 5118
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
Agree with you there. I really don't know the reason he was banned. I miss his posts here actually. I met ShadyJ a couple night ago @eng-399 place and he is quite a likable guy.
James (shadyj) is a great guy we've hung out quite a few times and walked around Axopna this year with around 5 guys on avs that live around each other. He's added some great post's on this forum I wish they would let him back on here. I can't say nothing but good things about him and everyone else that's been by my house that's one this forum and that's around 30+ guys now. I don't want to get involved in saying why he was banned but I don't post on that thread anymore where it happened...Sorry to derail this thread carry on
audiofan1 likes this.
eng-399 is offline  
post #788 of 861 Old 09-01-2016, 05:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Billy p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: GTA (Greater Toronto Area)
Posts: 1,888
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 809
Well I must disagree with the missing shadyj posts....I for one was happy to see him banned. As for his banning ....I suppose once he accepted his new role without disclosure and remained shrouded under is usual forum moniker might have crossed the line here... perhaps....if I have any urge to read his reviews or posts, I know where I can find them.

Plenty of other chaps found here on Avs that are well versed and helpful...yet not so polarizing...thank you.

Last edited by Billy p; 09-01-2016 at 06:18 AM.
Billy p is offline  
post #789 of 861 Old 09-01-2016, 08:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 7,012
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3675 Post(s)
Liked: 12001
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng-399 View Post
James (shadyj) is a great guy we've hung out quite a few times and walked around Axopna this year with around 5 guys on avs that live around each other. He's added some great post's on this forum I wish they would let him back on here. I can't say nothing but good things about him and everyone else that's been by my house that's one this forum and that's around 30+ guys now. I don't want to get involved in saying why he was banned but I don't post on that thread anymore where it happened...Sorry to derail this thread carry on
That's cool that you guys know him and can vouch for the fact that he's a nice guy. I found many of his posts informative, articulate and well written. I also saw from some of his posts that he seemed to have a good sense of humor (at least to some degree). So I have no trouble believing that he's a good guy. In fact, when I read between the lines of his posts I often wondered if he wasn't a guy who would be cool to be around.

But as good as he may be one thing was self evident, he holds a grudge and at times it made him appear down right hateful and mean in the forums. I find it sad is that this individual with so many positive attributes allows them to be over shadowed and obscured by this one flaw, the unwillingness to forgive and move on. He is definitely knowledgable but after a while I quit listening to him simply because he was so negative that he lost credence with me because I couldn't tell where fact ended and hate took over.

I wouldn't mind seeing him back on AVS if he posted with an open and fair mind because he really does have something to contribute. And as much as he posted here I'm sure he misses it so his unwillingness to let his personal angst go only hurt him.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
Hopinater is online now  
post #790 of 861 Old 09-01-2016, 10:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chucky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 4,927
Mentioned: 324 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3739 Post(s)
Liked: 5080
And suddenly this thread becomes "Will shadyj still be around in 5 years"?"

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Noesis 212HT. Surrounds: Jamo C103, KEF Q100, Polk Audio RTiA3.
Subwoofer: JTR Captivator 4000ULF.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Samsung UN75NU8000FXZA.

FS: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3
chucky7 is online now  
post #791 of 861 Old 09-01-2016, 11:21 AM
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,184
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3528
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
And suddenly this thread becomes "Will shadyj still be around in 5 years"?"
hahah

well, thats because there is more of a possibilty of Shadyj returning than RA being around
Brian Fineberg is offline  
post #792 of 861 Old 09-01-2016, 05:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ClawAndTalon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 1,218
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 618 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
That's cool that you guys know him and can vouch for the fact that he's a nice guy. I found many of his posts informative, articulate and well written. I also saw from some of his posts that he seemed to have a good sense of humor (at least to some degree). So I have no trouble believing that he's a good guy. In fact, when I read between the lines of his posts I often wondered if he wasn't a guy who would be cool to be around.

But as good as he may be one thing was self evident, he holds a grudge and at times it made him appear down right hateful and mean in the forums. I find it sad is that this individual with so many positive attributes allows them to be over shadowed and obscured by this one flaw, the unwillingness to forgive and move on. He is definitely knowledgable but after a while I quit listening to him simply because he was so negative that he lost credence with me because I couldn't tell where fact ended and hate took over.

I wouldn't mind seeing him back on AVS if he posted with an open and fair mind because he really does have something to contribute. And as much as he posted here I'm sure he misses it so his unwillingness to let his personal angst go only hurt him.

I'm pretty sure he'll be back after some length of time.
ClawAndTalon is online now  
post #793 of 861 Old 09-01-2016, 09:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
laserjock II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Texas Coast
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1348 Post(s)
Liked: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
And suddenly this thread becomes "Will shadyj still be around in 5 years"?"
Second best PSA salesman...
laserjock II is online now  
post #794 of 861 Old 09-01-2016, 09:54 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 13,654
Mentioned: 206 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 10256
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
And suddenly this thread becomes "Will shadyj still be around in 5 years"?"


Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
Second best PSA salesman...



oneeyeblind likes this.

Last edited by basshead81; 09-02-2016 at 08:01 AM.
basshead81 is offline  
post #795 of 861 Old 09-02-2016, 05:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
madhuski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,865
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1485 Post(s)
Liked: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
Agree with you there. I really don't know the reason he was banned. I miss his posts here actually. I met ShadyJ a couple night ago @eng-399 place and he is quite a likable guy.
He was pretty helpful when I'd PM him for advice. And his "Mother of god" post was what turned me on to my current sub.

Selling in AVS Classifieds
FS: D-Sonic Three Channel Amp
madhuski is online now  
post #796 of 861 Old 09-02-2016, 06:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Billy p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: GTA (Greater Toronto Area)
Posts: 1,888
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 809
I had PM in the past...still doesn't excuses him for his conduct...and his incessant beef with PSA. Come to think of it...he didn't care much for Svs..iirc...but gave them a glowing review most recently... But not nearly as glowing as the most recent Hsu. He also called other people's review fluff and soft...talk about the kettle...huh
Billy p is offline  
post #797 of 861 Old 09-02-2016, 10:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blake18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,189
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 683 Post(s)
Liked: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
More back on track to the focus of this thread, the person we are speaking of had some quite harsh things to say about this particular thread not long after this thread was started. LOL

Haha, joke's on him. Reaction Audio has utterly fallen apart, and yet he still defended them when these problems were becoming more apparent. I'd say an apology to the one that started this thread is in order...

"Reaction is not a sponsor or advertiser with AVS, and AVS only protects their advertisers. Everyone else is fair game. That thread is garbage and the guy who started it is an ass." -ShadyJ

oneeyeblind likes this.

Lumenlab "Community driven video lab".
blake18 is online now  
post #798 of 861 Old 09-02-2016, 01:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Billy p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: GTA (Greater Toronto Area)
Posts: 1,888
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 809
Looks like somebody did some thread cleaning over thar...to bad really. I did compared Shady and Jeremy in the same light. They both like to blame others and can't man up for any wrong doing.... on their own accord... even if its the easy or right thing to do.

Shame really...IMO
blake18, oneeyeblind and ahblaza like this.

Ascend Acoustics: Towers, STC w RAAL & 200 SE in espresso,
65" LG OLED C9, Anthem MRX 300, Oppo 103D,
Sub: Funk Audio 18: (Santos Rosewood)
Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors but we borrow it from our children!
Billy p is offline  
post #799 of 861 Old 09-02-2016, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 13,654
Mentioned: 206 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 10256
Yep because I posted there and it was removed. Truth must hurt...
blake18 and oneeyeblind like this.
basshead81 is offline  
post #800 of 861 Old 09-02-2016, 04:15 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Marc Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Inland Empire, CA
Posts: 14,261
Mentioned: 282 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6072 Post(s)
Liked: 5650
Shady's beef with Tom V ran so deep that if you owned PSA he gave no creedence to anything you posted. Over at AH I read a post where he stated Tom V was given admin status at AVS and personally insituted the ban. Tom responded that his admin status only gives him control of a PSA subforum here that isn't even utilized.

Shady's obsession with Tom borders on paranoia. I'm shocked that someone with such a personal vendetta can be trusted to be an unbiased reviewer. I'm guessing those who have met him know the root of his disdain for Tom. I know there are others here don't care for Tom [for various reasons] but none take/took it even a fraction of the level of ShadyJ.
blake18 and oneeyeblind like this.
Marc Alexander is offline  
post #801 of 861 Old 09-02-2016, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MIX_MASTER_ICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,075
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2676 Post(s)
Liked: 2486
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake18 View Post
Haha, joke's on him. Reaction Audio has utterly fallen apart, and yet he still defended them when these problems were becoming more apparent. I'd say an apology to the one that started this thread is in order...

"Reaction is not a sponsor or advertiser with AVS, and AVS only protects their advertisers. Everyone else is fair game. That thread is garbage and the guy who started it is an ass." -ShadyJ

I don't expect any apologies from anybody. I really didn't give a rip what ShadyJ had to say on anything, considering he was so extremely biased towards PSA. I would actually have preferred to have been wrong concerning RA. That would mean I would be enjoying my Echo 18 that I got at a great price and would have probably ended up buying another.
MIX_MASTER_ICE is offline  
post #802 of 861 Old 09-02-2016, 08:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blake18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,189
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 683 Post(s)
Liked: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
I don't expect any apologies from anybody. I really didn't give a rip what ShadyJ had to say on anything, considering he was so extremely biased towards PSA. I would actually have preferred to have been wrong concerning RA. That would mean I would be enjoying my Echo 18 that I got at a great price and would have probably ended up buying another.
This post is 100% spot on. I was very bummed about RA, and it only hurts the industry as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Shady's beef with Tom V ran so deep that if you owned PSA he gave no creedence to anything you posted. Over at AH I read a post where he stated Tom V was given admin status at AVS and personally insituted the ban. Tom responded that his admin status only gives him control of a PSA subforum here that isn't even utilized.

Shady's obsession with Tom borders on paranoia. I'm shocked that someone with such a personal vendetta can be trusted to be an unbiased reviewer. I'm guessing those who have met him know the root of his disdain for Tom. I know there are others here don't care for Tom [for various reasons] but none take/took it even a fraction of the level of ShadyJ.
All great points. No idea how anyone thought he could ever be objective. I am unsure why some people have a problem with Tom, as far as I have seen, he is always professional and courteous.

P.S. I love knowing Shady (fitting name) is probably reading this and cannot respond in any way without revealing who he is. That's what ya get for acting like such a jerk.

Lumenlab "Community driven video lab".

Last edited by blake18; 09-02-2016 at 08:17 PM.
blake18 is online now  
post #803 of 861 Old 09-02-2016, 08:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blake18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,189
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 683 Post(s)
Liked: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy p View Post
I had PM in the past...still doesn't excuses him for his conduct...and his incessant beef with PSA. Come to think of it...he didn't care much for Svs..iirc...but gave them a glowing review most recently... But not nearly as glowing as the most recent Hsu. He also called other people's review fluff and soft...talk about the kettle...huh
Seriously, what the hell is his problem with PSA? They make awesome products for very reasonable prices. I just do not get that guy. Maybe he's actually someone from SVS that's bitter he decided to start his own company and go solo... Who knows?
Billy p likes this.

Lumenlab "Community driven video lab".
blake18 is online now  
post #804 of 861 Old 09-02-2016, 09:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ahblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh Steeler Country
Posts: 4,135
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2523 Post(s)
Liked: 3755
Is it my computer or is the Reaction Audio web site down? No action on FB besides what's been posted there several days ago, anybody know what's up????
blake18 and oneeyeblind like this.
ahblaza is offline  
post #805 of 861 Old 09-02-2016, 10:04 PM
 
lovinthehd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: OROR
Posts: 16,231
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4588 Post(s)
Liked: 4802
Probably just the last evidence of death of the company and has sold what he could via FB. I get a message saying the store is unavailable from what appears to be "3dcart". Even secured creditors probably didn't get anything on this one....
blake18 and ahblaza like this.
lovinthehd is offline  
post #806 of 861 Old 09-02-2016, 10:22 PM
Senior Member
 
oshia86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Looks like the fat lady has sung. Site is down. Kinda hard to be a ID company with no I.
blake18 and oneeyeblind like this.
oshia86 is offline  
post #807 of 861 Old 09-02-2016, 10:27 PM
 
lovinthehd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: OROR
Posts: 16,231
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4588 Post(s)
Liked: 4802
Could be, just for counterpoint, that he is changing his web services so as to provide payment/shipping coordination? Sounded like they were out of $$, tho last heard from.
blake18 and oneeyeblind like this.
lovinthehd is offline  
post #808 of 861 Old 09-02-2016, 10:33 PM
Senior Member
 
oshia86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Possibly. I've just run out of optimism.
oshia86 is offline  
post #809 of 861 Old 09-03-2016, 03:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gorilla Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Next in line for a coveted Red Button
Posts: 3,217
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1577 Post(s)
Liked: 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake18 View Post
Seriously, what the hell is his problem with PSA? They make awesome products for very reasonable prices. I just do not get that guy. Maybe he's actually someone from SVS that's bitter he decided to start his own company and go solo... Who knows?
For starters he Just doesnt like Tom, but the crux was the table stating the PSA Factor against other sub manufacturers. He felt it was disingenuous to put it mildly. I personally didnt have a problem with that as I get it. Sometimes its not what you say, its how you say it. I dont buy into that "its just my posting style" if you seem like a D^%& you probably are.
blake18 and oneeyeblind like this.
Gorilla Killa is online now  
post #810 of 861 Old 09-03-2016, 06:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,005
Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3145 Post(s)
Liked: 11143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Shady's beef with Tom V ran so deep that if you owned PSA he gave no creedence to anything you posted. Over at AH I read a post where he stated Tom V was given admin status at AVS and personally insituted the ban. Tom responded that his admin status only gives him control of a PSA subforum here that isn't even utilized.

Shady's obsession with Tom borders on paranoia. I'm shocked that someone with such a personal vendetta can be trusted to be an unbiased reviewer. I'm guessing those who have met him know the root of his disdain for Tom. I know there are others here don't care for Tom [for various reasons] but none take/took it even a fraction of the level of ShadyJ.
He regularly posts outright lies and his target has the choice to correct him/defend themselves or ignore him and hope that the casual observer will do their due diligence and recognize this type of slimy practice for what it is. Here is the forum I guess I have "moderator" status in---I never tried to access any of those options so I'm not even sure how any of it may work.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/330-avs-forum-vendors/

His idea that *I* somehow banned him is a complete fabrication---big shocker.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
blake18 and oneeyeblind like this.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep,
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off