Will Reaction Audio still be around in 5 years? - Page 28 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1475Likes
Closed Thread

post #811 of 861 Old 09-03-2016, 06:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3050 Post(s)
Liked: 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Killa View Post
For starters he Just doesnt like Tom, but the crux was the table stating the PSA Factor against other sub manufacturers. He felt it was disingenuous to put it mildly. I personally didnt have a problem with that as I get it. Sometimes its not what you say, its how you say it. I dont buy into that "its just my posting style" if you seem like a D^%& you probably are.
He has been posting personal/professional attacks and fabrications for a LONG time now under many different *names* across the internet. This goes back 12-15 years. If anyone wants to *cringe* at what type of "professional reviewer" that other forum just hired search AVS for johnlarson and read hundreds of posts targeting SVS. Once he figured out he lost all credibility with that name he switched to "shadyk" and started anew. I lost track of how many different names he had over other forums---all with the same MO---let's see how much harm I can cause svs.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep,

Last edited by Tom Vodhanel; 09-03-2016 at 07:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 861 Old 09-03-2016, 07:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 793
His hire there doesn't surprise me... it's not like you were high on Gene's admiration list...from what I recall.

They've not acted responsibly in the past....he's(Gene) also well known for carrying a grudge and leave it at that.

Ps...its Larsen...with an "E" for those inclined. Yea...I checked some of his post....typically style perhaps only a coincidence...
oneeyeblind and ahblaza like this.

Last edited by Billy p; 09-03-2016 at 08:28 AM.
post #813 of 861 Old 09-03-2016, 10:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3582 Post(s)
Liked: 11364
Wow… I didn't know him as anything other than ShadyJ. I never realized he has been around that long prowling around on the attack. I don't think in all my years of living I've ever encountered someone who has held a grudge or been so vindictive (or whatever this is) for so long and nursed it to such a level.
blake18 and oneeyeblind like this.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #814 of 861 Old 09-03-2016, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2668 Post(s)
Liked: 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
I don't expect any apologies from anybody. I really didn't give a rip what ShadyJ had to say on anything, considering he was so extremely biased towards PSA. I would actually have preferred to have been wrong concerning RA. That would mean I would be enjoying my Echo 18 that I got at a great price and would have probably ended up buying another.
Well, but it was good you did this thread. You probably stopped a few people from getting caught up in the madness of last spring/this summer.

And in case anyone hasn't been following the RA subwoofer thread, someone noticed yesterday that the website is now down and their phone number no longer works. I guess it's time for this

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 1, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | HE-400i | NAD HP50 | Sony MDR-1A | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | X5ii | DX50 | E12
post #815 of 861 Old 09-03-2016, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1524 Post(s)
Liked: 2198
I bought a PSA sub roughly 3 yrs ago. Mostly because of Tom's availability and service, good reviews etc. Childish as it is, shadyJ'S disdain for Tom actually pushed me over the edge to buy from PSA lol. So the comment he was there 2nd best salesman holds water.
post #816 of 861 Old 09-03-2016, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 2675 Post(s)
Liked: 2483
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
Well, but it was good you did this thread. You probably stopped a few people from getting caught up in the madness of last spring/this summer.

And in case anyone hasn't been following the RA subwoofer thread, someone noticed yesterday that the website is now down and their phone number no longer works. I guess it's time for this

It appears from Jeremy's facebook page that he has only been selling off available stock of drivers, speakers and subs. I would hope that those who are owed money get it back from these sales, but I somehow doubt it. Jeremy likely owes money to other vendors/companies, employees, landlord and probably his partner, Matthew. It's just a really messy situation and I feel really bad for those who are still in limbo, hoping to get substantial amounts of money refunded.
Madmax67 likes this.
post #817 of 861 Old 09-03-2016, 12:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Killa View Post
I bought a PSA sub roughly 3 yrs ago. Mostly because of Tom's availability and service, good reviews etc. Childish as it is, shadyJ'S disdain for Tom actually pushed me over the edge to buy from PSA lol. So the comment he was there 2nd best salesman holds water.
Oh absolutely. The same thing happened to me. I had been debating and debating and I had read a lot of good things about PSA and still couldn't decide. Shady's comments and the hateful way he attacked made me decided to buy PSA just because I figured if a guy that was that hateful didn't like something then I probably would like it.
oneeyeblind and ss nimrod like this.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

post #818 of 861 Old 09-03-2016, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 95
I have not been here long enough to know the issues between "ShadyJ" and some good members here.
But this thread is not about ShadyJ, as someone joked "Will shadyj still be around in 5 years"?
Since ShadyJ is not able to respond to all of your posts here, and I thought it might be a gentleman's way to post your thoughts where he could reply - if he wish to do so.
RA wishes not to respond or only do so when it feels like to. ShadyJ is not able to respond even if he wishes to.

From what I understand is that some members over here do not like his personality & the way he writes, such is our daily live...!

I apologize for my poor English as it's not my first language.

Cheers,
Jim
post #819 of 861 Old 09-05-2016, 03:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 636 Post(s)
Liked: 356
EDIT: Sorry mods, my fault, won't happen again.
jaysins, kb4all and ss nimrod like this.

Lumenlab "Community driven video lab".

Last edited by blake18; 09-08-2016 at 09:09 PM.
post #820 of 861 Old 09-05-2016, 05:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBR11 View Post
Did this thread, play a part in Reaction Audio going kaput? If so, How big a part?
IMO the only way a thread could play a part in a company's demise would be if it was spreading lies.

On the other hand, if a thread simply commented on bad business practices as reported through first hand accounts by dissatisfied customers; then it seems to me the thread would be nothing more than a running commentary discussing what had been reported. The thread did nothing wrong, but the company did and therefore failed.

In short, if a company fails because of it's poor business practices and/or ethics than it's the company's fault, not a random thread in a forum.

So to answer your question you must decide… did this thread report lies or discuss the truth? Every man must answer that for themselves.

post #821 of 861 Old 09-05-2016, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I just wanted to mention a couple things.

First this community seems to get hit over and over with this whole ID company start up and fail scenario. Its really an easy scam, make some good subs get your name out there then pile on the orders, delay and walk away with tons of cash. But look that doesn't mean that anyone intended to rip you off. Lots of people get in over their heads but the reality is alot of people just don't care enough to figure out how to properly run a business and you need to protect yourself from these types of people. Personally I think there should be a sticky on this.

It's time for the community to stop accepting unacceptable business practices. If a company cannot fill your sub order in a 1 month or so, they shouldn't take your money. People here need to protect themselves by knowing what the rules for charge backs are on their credit cards and keeping within that time frame. If a company cannot deliver a product in 1 month, you kindly ask for a refund, PERIOD. You do not allow them to make any excuses. If they do you issue a charge back. This is actually good for everyone, the first couple times this happens if the company is good they will adjust their business practices if they care to survive.

Second I saw a ton of comments about oh well he was a nice guy so I didn't want to do X or Y. Look nice guys don't do these types of things. I know lot's of nice guys, I know what a nice guy does. If they care about their reputation. If they can't deliver a product in a timely manner they give money back, they don't hang on to the money and make excuses they go ahead and offer to give it back before the customer asks for it. Nice guys are people who DO nice stuff, NOT people who talk nicely. Talk is cheap and anyone can do it. In fact alot of the nice guys I know don't even talk that nice. But given a situation they always DO the right thing.
post #822 of 861 Old 09-05-2016, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PubFiction View Post

First this community seems to get hit over and over with this whole ID company start up and fail scenario. Its really an easy scam, make some good subs get your name out there then pile on the orders, delay and walk away with tons of cash. But look that doesn't mean that anyone intended to rip you off. Lots of people get in over their heads but the reality is alot of people just don't care enough to figure out how to properly run a business and you need to protect yourself from these types of people. Personally I think there should be a sticky on this.

It's time for the community to stop accepting unacceptable business practices. If a company cannot fill your sub order in a 1 month or so, they shouldn't take your money. People here need to protect themselves by knowing what the rules for charge backs are on their credit cards and keeping within that time frame. If a company cannot deliver a product in 1 month, you kindly ask for a refund, PERIOD. You do not allow them to make any excuses. If they do you issue a charge back. This is actually good for everyone, the first couple times this happens if the company is good they will adjust their business practices if they care to survive.

Second I saw a ton of comments about oh well he was a nice guy so I didn't want to do X or Y. Look nice guys don't do these types of things. I know lot's of nice guys, I know what a nice guy does. If they care about their reputation. If they can't deliver a product in a timely manner they give money back, they don't hang on to the money and make excuses they go ahead and offer to give it back before the customer asks for it. Nice guys are people who DO nice stuff, NOT people who talk nicely. Talk is cheap and anyone can do it. In fact alot of the nice guys I know don't even talk that nice. But given a situation they always DO the right thing.
I brought this to attention on the first page of this thread to Jeremy. With lead times so long and not getting any shorter, I asked if he could change the upfront CC charge on stock models. He wiggled around and tried to get out of replying directly. This told me point blank that the company was so cash strapped that they were relying on incoming order payments to complete already existing orders. Here's the post I made.

Quote:
Jeremy, you could take a huge step forward to instill a lot of confidence in people if you would not charge the full amount of the purchase to the credit card up front. I could understand an upfront charge for somebody ordering a custom build, but not for one of your standard units you sell that takes many weeks or even a few months to receive. Some companies will charge your card $1 up front to verify the method of purchase. With lead times so long and the fact that they haven't decreased over the past year, it's really become an issue for some people. Are you willing to do that? If so, you can start with my order.
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #823 of 861 Old 09-06-2016, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1345 Post(s)
Liked: 1506
Quote:

Perfectly stated.
post #824 of 861 Old 09-06-2016, 01:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 292
RA is still the best "bang for you buck" out there. You get banged and dingus gets your buck.
oneeyeblind likes this.

📺 Sony (XBR-55X930D)
📻 Yamaha (RX-A780)
🎶 SVS (PRIME)

🔊 SVS (PB-1000)
SVS (PC12-NSD)
📀 Sony (UBPX700)
🎮Switch▪️PS4▪️Xbox One X 2.5TB
post #825 of 861 Old 09-06-2016, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3527
Quote:

Best post in this thread!
ahblaza likes this.
post #826 of 861 Old 09-06-2016, 09:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
I brought this to attention on the first page of this thread to Jeremy. With lead times so long and not getting any shorter, I asked if he could change the upfront CC charge on stock models. He wiggled around and tried to get out of replying directly. This told me point blank that the company was so cash strapped that they were relying on incoming order payments to complete already existing orders. Here's the post I made.
Robbing Peter to pay Paul?

Spoiler!

Preponderance
1: a superiority in weight, power, importance, or strength
2a : a superiority or excess in number or quantity
2b : majority
post #827 of 861 Old 09-07-2016, 08:32 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Reaction Audio -out of Business (It's OFFICIAL)

It appears that Reaction Audio or the state filed yesterday with the Secretary of Mississippi a notice to dissolve the company. (See attached photo)

I had my battle over several months to get my refund. I truly hope that everyone who is owed money gets some sort of restitution.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1473301919828.png
Views:	575
Size:	625.1 KB
ID:	1648849  
oneeyeblind, Billy p and ahblaza like this.

Last edited by LukeSky; 09-07-2016 at 08:54 PM.
post #828 of 861 Old 09-07-2016, 08:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 641
This sucks for the people who are owed products/refunds, people who bought product and are out warranty and just lost a boat load of resale value, and the ID community as people will be understandably more circumspect with orders going forward. Which makes it that much harder for both existing ID's and any future entrants.
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #829 of 861 Old 09-07-2016, 08:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1846 Post(s)
Liked: 1231
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeSky View Post
Reaction Audio filed yesterday with the State of Mississippi a notice to dissolve the company. (See attached photo)

I had my battle over several months to get my refund. I truly hope that everyone who is owed money gets some sort of restitution.
Will you post a link?

------------------------------------------------
Receiver : Denon x5200
Front Stage : L/R - Statements by Jim Holtz
Surround Speakers : Klipsch RF-82II x 4 / RP-280F x 2
Subwooferage : 6 UM18/4 HT18 Subwoofer Log
post #830 of 861 Old 09-07-2016, 08:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Liked: 669
Type in "reaction audio" in the "Business Name" search box at the bottom of the page located at the following link:

https://corp.sos.ms.gov/corp/portal/.../portal.aspx?#
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #831 of 861 Old 09-07-2016, 08:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Liked: 669
Well, it's official. Reaction Audio has bit the dust. Jeremy filed to dissolve Reaction Audio, LLC. If you search by entering the name "Reaction Audio" into the Business Name search at the below link you can look at the update on the Mississippi Secretary of State website. So to answer your question, @MIX_MASTER_ICE - No, Reaction Audio will NOT still be around in 5 years.

post #832 of 861 Old 09-07-2016, 08:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1846 Post(s)
Liked: 1231
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicTorious1 View Post
Type in "reaction audio" in the "Business Name" search box at the bottom of the page located at the following link:

Looks like it was because he "failed to file annual report".
Stirs up quite a few possible questions being that he isn't refunding customers
oneeyeblind likes this.

------------------------------------------------
Receiver : Denon x5200
Front Stage : L/R - Statements by Jim Holtz
Surround Speakers : Klipsch RF-82II x 4 / RP-280F x 2
Subwooferage : 6 UM18/4 HT18 Subwoofer Log
post #833 of 861 Old 09-07-2016, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2668 Post(s)
Liked: 3016
Hmmm...so this post from a little over a week ago from RA was largely spin: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...l#post46381673. Couldn't even come back to say that they are closing the doors.
oneeyeblind likes this.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 1, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | HE-400i | NAD HP50 | Sony MDR-1A | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | X5ii | DX50 | E12
post #834 of 861 Old 09-07-2016, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Why is this dated 2014?

Last edited by MIX_MASTER_ICE; 09-07-2016 at 09:17 PM.
post #835 of 861 Old 09-07-2016, 09:28 PM

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 9646
Quote:
Why is this dated 2014?
I noticed that too
post #836 of 861 Old 09-07-2016, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 88
If you check the "Details" you'll see he registered the company in 2014. The dissolution was filed yesterday.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #837 of 861 Old 09-07-2016, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsand View Post
If you check the "Details" you'll see he registered the company in 2014. The dissolution was filed yesterday.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Ahh, if you click on "view filed documents" it does show the "dissolve" date as 9/6/16. How sad this is for those who are still left in refund limbo.

RA was never doing well from start to finish. Nothing ever changed or got better. Lots of lies, deceit, excuses and mismanagement. From charging in full upfront, unrealistically long lead times, to continuously coming out with new models, the signs were all there. Now we have unfortunate people, who trusted Jeremy to deliver on completely broken promises, left with their money gone. Sure hope these people pursue Jeremy to the fullest extent of the law to attempt to recoup their money. What a disgraceful way to end a company that Jeremy said would be around long enough to hopefully have his son take over.
oneeyeblind and Madmax67 like this.
post #838 of 861 Old 09-07-2016, 09:54 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicTorious1 View Post
Well, it's official. Reaction Audio has bit the dust. Jeremy filed to dissolve Reaction Audio, LLC. If you search by entering the name "Reaction Audio" into the Business Name search at the below link you can look at the update on the Mississippi Secretary of State website. So to answer your question, @MIX_MASTER_ICE - No, Reaction Audio will NOT still be around in 5 years.

OK, now maybe this thread can bit the dust. I'm kind of sick of seeing it.

DJ

2kW fully active, fully balanced 2 channel Vaders

Overkill IS my middle name.
post #839 of 861 Old 09-07-2016, 10:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2305 Post(s)
Liked: 2603
Looks like an administrative dissolution on the state's end but the results are the same. This is a bummer for all those who make up and support the ID speaker community. No winners here.

LLC ANNUAL REPORTS

Under Mississippi law, all limited liability companies operating in Mississippi are required to file an Annual Report with the Secretary of State. This report can be filed any time on or after January 1st of each calendar year and is due by April 15th of that year. 

All annual reports must be filed online.  The link below will take you to the online filing portal which is new in 2014.  If you do not already have a username and password, you may log into the system and choose "File an Annual Report" from the menu of the business filings.

Failure to file an annual report may result in the administrative dissolution of the LLC.
blake18 and ahblaza like this.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html

Last edited by Madmax67; 09-07-2016 at 10:04 PM.
post #840 of 861 Old 09-07-2016, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 4588 Post(s)
Liked: 4797
Perhaps this combo may create openings for chasing Jeremy for monies owed on a personal level outside the LLC? Wondering if failure to file required reports may eliminate some protections of being an LLC? http://www.sos.ms.gov/BusinessServic...l-Reports.aspx
oneeyeblind likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page