Will Reaction Audio still be around in 5 years? - Page 29 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1476Likes
Closed Thread

post #841 of 861 Old 09-07-2016, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2676 Post(s)
Liked: 2485
What is interesting is Jeremy's business partner, Matthew Lapides, supposedly infused a large amount of his own money into the company. Not knowing the details, I would assume Jeremy probably owes Matthew money and would likely be concerned with getting money back to him before any customer. I'm sure they had some sort of contract of an agreement by him investing his money into the company. That's if any of that was actually true. I spoke to Matthew on a few different occasions and he came off as the biggest BS talker you could imagine.
oneeyeblind likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 861 Old 09-07-2016, 10:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2353 Post(s)
Liked: 2648
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
That's if any of that was actually true. I spoke to Matthew on a few different occasions and he came off as the biggest BS talker you could imagine.
Hmm. Sounds like some of the "millionaires" I worked with in the car business over 20 years. They all had Apple stock that they couldn't touch till they were 65 but sold cars just for the fun of it😏. My feet never thought it was that much fun😉. Turns out their Apple stock was just a bunch of applesauce. Millionaires ! What a crock..

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
post #843 of 861 Old 09-07-2016, 11:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
Hmm. Sounds like some of the "millionaires" I worked with in the car business over 20 years. They all had Apple stock that they couldn't touch till they were 65 but sold cars just for the fun of it😏. My feet never thought it was that much fun😉. Turns out their Apple stock was just a bunch of applesauce. Millionaires ! What a crock..
I can't remember specifics, but this Matthew J. Lapides told me something about him being one of the founders of Redbox....something along that lines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #844 of 861 Old 09-07-2016, 11:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
I can't remember specifics, but this Matthew J. Lapides told me something about him being one of the founders of Redbox....something along that lines.
Interesting. They started out being funded by McDonald's and then I believe Coinstar bought them out. My dealership used to be in front of the corporate Blockbuster warehouse/ corporate office for Roger Staubach's real estate company in Texas so we sold their employees lots of cars over the years and heard all their corporate war stories. He might have been telling the truth or he might have been full of it who knows but I'd trust your take on it if you have good people reading skills.

More likely is he was telling a version of the truth with some embellishment. Most people I ever dealt with in a business setting who had money you'd never know it from talking to them. Billionaire dot com 30 something dressed like a beach bum. Head of a large corporation drove some old broke down Buick and balked on any down payment. Contrast that with the big talkers who always stopped talking the minute we tried to pull their credit.

I was hoping this wouldn't turn out to be what it seemed to be but it did unfortunately. I personally don't want this thread to go away I want it to be a sticky for future members. It took guts for all the people who were unhappy and had funds in limbo to finally come forward in these forums. That's a tough thing for anyone to do in my mind. To me those that haven't yet or won't get any financial redress should be the only ones who decide whether this thread should just go away. I bet I know what their answer will be.😉

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
post #845 of 861 Old 09-08-2016, 04:41 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3527
Just can't believe he lied all the way up to the end. Unreal
post #846 of 861 Old 09-08-2016, 08:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Liked: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post
Perhaps this combo may create openings for chasing Jeremy for monies owed on a personal level outside the LLC? Wondering if failure to file required reports may eliminate some protections of being an LLC? http://www.sos.ms.gov/BusinessServic...l-Reports.aspx
It's unlikely, but as I discussed in a previous thread. He had customers pay money directly into his account and not Reaction Audio's. This commingling of funds can lead to a "piercing of the corporate veil", which may allow claimants to seek redress directly from Jeremy (i.e., his company wouldn't be afforded limited liability protection). He may personally be judgment proof nonetheless.
cel4145 likes this.
post #847 of 861 Old 09-08-2016, 09:57 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 300
This should tell everyone...

Do you want to make one million dollars in the Audio business?

Start with two million dollars.
markrubin, oneeyeblind and Jim1290 like this.
post #848 of 861 Old 09-08-2016, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawAndTalon View Post

There are good examples of successful Audio businesses...

Not long ago I emailed one of the ID companies for a price quote from States to Europe, and I got a quote.
However, when I asked if the quote is included both import duty and shipping cost and how it support overseas customers, I then get no reply any more.
I guess my questions were stupid or customer service meant different for different part of the world other than from States.

Yes, audio business!
post #849 of 861 Old 09-08-2016, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1290 View Post
There are good examples of successful Audio businesses...

Not long ago I emailed one of the ID companies for a price quote from States to Europe, and I got a quote.
However, when I asked if the quote is included both import duty and shipping cost and how it support overseas customers, I then get no reply any more.
I guess my questions were stupid or customer service meant different for different part of the world other than from States.

Yes, audio business!

Well even when they claim free shipping...it doesn't apply for Canadian customers... warranty...again you ship back to mfg on your dime...more importantly if your planning a big ticket purchase online...do your background research, reach out to others and be very frugal when it comes to who's going to gain your trust...

Ascend Acoustics: Towers, STC w RAAL & 200 SE in espresso,
54" of Panny Bliss, Anthem MRX 300, Oppo 103D,
Sub: Funk Audio 18: (Santos Rosewood)
Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors but we borrow it from our children!

Last edited by Billy p; 09-08-2016 at 11:06 AM.
post #850 of 861 Old 09-08-2016, 11:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
Liked: 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
I can't believe it either. Very sad.
post #851 of 861 Old 09-08-2016, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1890 Post(s)
Liked: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
Most people I ever dealt with in a business setting who had money you'd never know it from talking to them. Billionaire dot com 30 something dressed like a beach bum. Head of a large corporation drove some old broke down Buick and balked on any down payment. Contrast that with the big talkers who always stopped talking the minute we tried to pull their credit.

Yep. Every person that I have ever met with REAL money, never once mentioned how much they had or anything to do with money. They don't need to. The wannabes on the other hand.......
oneeyeblind and MrGrey like this.
post #852 of 861 Old 09-08-2016, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Yep. Every person that I have ever met with REAL money, never once mentioned how much they had or anything to do with money. They don't need to. The wannabes on the other hand.......
Very true.

post #853 of 861 Old 09-08-2016, 03:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3625 Post(s)
Liked: 11680
Quote:
What gets me is this... if it is true that an annual report must be filed to keep your company from being dissolved and that report has to be filed between January and April each year then it's obvious that Jeremy knew months ago he failed to file his report and therefore has known for quit sometime that his company was going to be dissolved.

Yet he has said in the threads over and over how he was going to do the hard thing, the right thing and change how he was going to conduct business and work hard to keep his company going. But now the website goes down, the phone goes dead and his company is dissolved.

Well, he said one thing that was true... He has definitely changed how he was conducting business. He no longer has a business to conduct.
oneeyeblind and ahblaza like this.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
post #854 of 861 Old 09-08-2016, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
What gets me is this... if it is true that an annual report must be filed to keep your company from being dissolved and that report has to be filed between January and April each year then it's obvious that Jeremy knew months ago he failed to file his report and therefore has known for quit sometime that his company was going to be dissolved.

Yet he has said in the threads over and over how he was going to do the hard thing, the right thing and change how he was going to conduct business and work hard to keep his company going. But now the website goes down, the phone goes dead and his company is dissolved.

Well, he said one thing that was true... He has definitely changed how he was conducting business. He no longer has a business to conduct.
I'm not sure how strict Missouri is on the filing deadline.
Here in British Columbia, I've forgotten to file for my company for nearly a year, and nothing has happened.
I'm guessing the State would give him several notices to file, and then the company would be dissolved. It appears he initiated this filing, not the State.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
post #855 of 861 Old 09-08-2016, 04:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Quoted: 3544 Post(s)
Liked: 4294
Quote:
I'm not. I called him out long ago and got lambasted by the polite police for being a meanie. A leopard rarely changes it's spots.
oneeyeblind, Billy p and ahblaza like this.
post #856 of 861 Old 09-08-2016, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon_Labe View Post
I'm not. I called him out long ago and got lambasted by the polite police for being a meanie. A leopard rarely changes it's spots.
Preaching to the choir. I've been saying this for about 2 years now. And was called worse names. Fanboi. Hater. You name it.

I mean he lies literally up to today. It is almost comical. Seriously what a peice of work.
oneeyeblind and Billy p like this.
post #857 of 861 Old 09-08-2016, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Dude on Facebook just posted that the driver on his 6 month old Echo 18 is bad. So much for that 5 year warranty.
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #858 of 861 Old 09-08-2016, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 4588 Post(s)
Liked: 4802
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawAndTalon View Post

LOL thought that was only the bike biz....
post #859 of 861 Old 09-09-2016, 01:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Liked: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsand View Post
Here in British Columbia, I've forgotten to file for my company for nearly a year, and nothing has happened.
I'm guessing the State would give him several notices to file, and then the company would be dissolved. It appears he initiated this filing, not the State.

A lot of states here in the US are relatively lenient with this perfunctory filings. In several states, even though the SoS has started the dissolution process, Jeremy could solve the problem by paying the back fees and filing an annual report.
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #860 of 861 Old 09-09-2016, 01:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1327 Post(s)
Liked: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsand View Post

Not that it matters much but it is Mississippi and not Missouri that he's in.
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #861 of 861 Old 09-09-2016, 09:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 2510 Post(s)
Liked: 3689
Quote:
Preaching to the choir. I've been saying this for about 2 years now. And was called worse names. Fanboi. Hater. You name it.

I mean he lies literally up to today. It is almost comical. Seriously what a peice of work.
Brian, remember what you and I went through about two years ago for speaking our minds, we were the bad guys causing all kinds of trouble. I really wish people would have heeded the warnings and saw the red flags that were so obvious even back then. Just last week he was still saying "I'll get back to you in two hours" "PM sent" "I'll check on that now".........

Three weeks ago he accused me of causing HYSTERIA in his forums and I was hurting his business with my remarks...........C'mon man even till the very last word on this thread he continued to deceive and make empty promises. To top it off I publicly apologized for what I said two years ago which turned out to be the absolute TRUTH.............My concern now is for both the people that got product with poor QC, SQ and no warranty and those that got nothing but heartache and a lighter pocket books, which is worse? What goes around comes around and I believe that, he has to live with himself and no matter where he goes he'll be there.................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page