ELAC Debut S12EQ Subwoofer Review - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 56Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 08:28 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
markus767's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 11,776
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5649 Post(s)
Liked: 2677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewheeler View Post
A passive radiator can't be at the bottom. It needs to be in a vertical position in order to work properly.
And why would that be true?

Markus

"In science, contrary evidence causes one to question a theory. In religion, contrary evidence causes one to question the evidence." - Floyd Toole
markus767 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 08:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
D Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 1,690
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 452
No surprise to me that this sub got a positive review ( I say as I'm listening to my unbelievable B5s )

Thanks for the review!
D Bone is offline  
post #33 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 15,947
Mentioned: 431 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9077 Post(s)
Liked: 16012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewheeler View Post
Yes he must be :-) A passive radiator can't be at the bottom. It needs to be in a vertical position in order to work properly.
Perhaps you need to revisit that topic and reconsider that conclusion? The sub works.

Last edited by imagic; 03-07-2016 at 09:06 AM.
imagic is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 09:12 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
markus767's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 11,776
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5649 Post(s)
Liked: 2677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewheeler View Post
There is always sag with high mass cones. Even in vertical orientation (which is admittedly less of a problem). But you've said that "It needs to be in a vertical position in order to work properly". That's not true.

Markus

"In science, contrary evidence causes one to question a theory. In religion, contrary evidence causes one to question the evidence." - Floyd Toole
markus767 is offline  
post #35 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 15,947
Mentioned: 431 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9077 Post(s)
Liked: 16012
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus767 View Post
Thanks but could you please upload the .mdat as it most likely contains a lot more valuable information than smoothed magnitude plots. Thanks!
I have to think about that. Not sure it's a precedent I want to set. I'm inclined not to. Perhaps someone else can drill down into the nitty-gritty of this sub, if they wish to.
imagic is online now  
post #36 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 15,947
Mentioned: 431 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9077 Post(s)
Liked: 16012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewheeler View Post
I just corrected the fact that the drivers were described the wrong way in that fine review. The active IS at the bottom. That's it from me, carry on.
How do you know this? Why would Andrew Jones give me an incorrect answer? Seems far-fetched. Can you show me proof? If you have a photo, please do share it.
imagic is online now  
post #37 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 09:16 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
markus767's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 11,776
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5649 Post(s)
Liked: 2677
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
I have to think about that. Not sure it's a precedent I want to set. I'm inclined not to.
It would only add credibility to your review. Not sure why this is a precedent you don't want to set?

Markus

"In science, contrary evidence causes one to question a theory. In religion, contrary evidence causes one to question the evidence." - Floyd Toole
markus767 is offline  
post #38 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 10:04 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
markus767's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 11,776
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5649 Post(s)
Liked: 2677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewheeler View Post
Anyone with even a little experience with loudspeakers can see, that it is an active long throw subwoofer element on the bottom... Someone is pretending to be Andrew Jones
You would need to open up the box to see if it's a passive radiator or not. No way to see that from the outside.

Markus

"In science, contrary evidence causes one to question a theory. In religion, contrary evidence causes one to question the evidence." - Floyd Toole
markus767 is offline  
post #39 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 10:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 2,581
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1293 Post(s)
Liked: 2089
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus767 View Post
There is always sag with high mass cones. Even in vertical orientation (which is admittedly less of a problem). But you've said that "It needs to be in a vertical position in order to work properly". That's not true.
True and false, define "properly". Just as with very heavy cone active subwoofers, if you place them horizontally, you lose Xmax due to sag. This gets worse over time so must be taken into account when designing subs in that orientation.

Sag happens in the vertical also, EV built a 30" woofer decades ago and they informed the organ user to rotate the woofer orientation every couple of weeks to prevent sag.

As I stated, I use a subwoofer that has a passive radiator--the cone weight plus tuning weights added is 1030 grams (2.25 pounds) It has obvious sag that can be measured when positioned horizontal and the manufacturer warns to never position it that way.

PRs are expensive and when doing it right, you need two of them to prevent rocking. Placing one horizontal prevents rocking and is much cheaper--except durability and performance suffer. In theory, you can have a device auto-lock the PR when not in use to prolong the suspension life of the device but gravity always wins (ask grandma)

It might take awhile but data-bass might test one. You can bet that Elac won't send Ricci one to test... thousand watts Peak output!
18Hurts is offline  
post #40 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 15,947
Mentioned: 431 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9077 Post(s)
Liked: 16012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewheeler View Post
Anyone with even a little experience with loudspeakers can see, that it is an active long throw subwoofer element on the bottom... Someone is pretending to be Andrew Jones
That explains it. You must be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewheeler View Post
Come on, I'm not going to do that. The front element is almost flat and doesn't look like a real speaker. The bottom one is the real thing. Check the attached pics closely and you'll see it too...
You have an interesting sense of humor.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum

Last edited by imagic; 03-07-2016 at 10:41 AM.
imagic is online now  
post #41 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 15,947
Mentioned: 431 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9077 Post(s)
Liked: 16012
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus767 View Post
You would need to open up the box to see if it's a passive radiator or not. No way to see that from the outside.
Or you can take the designer's word for it, lol.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
imagic is online now  
post #42 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member
 
Radio81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 788
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Is there an advantage to having auto-cal on the subwoofer if you’re already using sub eq on your AVR?
Radio81 is offline  
post #43 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 15,947
Mentioned: 431 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9077 Post(s)
Liked: 16012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio81 View Post
Is there an advantage to having auto-cal on the subwoofer if you’re already using sub eq on your AVR?

It lets you use the AVR with EQ/processing bypassed. It's audiophile-friendly, and is a good choice if you want what goes to the speakers to be as unprocessed as possible while still having the sub in the mix. Also, the room correction software in some systems is more sophisticated than what's in the S12EQ, but I have not encountered a system that is easier to use.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
imagic is online now  
post #44 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 15,947
Mentioned: 431 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9077 Post(s)
Liked: 16012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewheeler View Post
Heehee.... There is NO question about it. The front is a passive radiator and the bottom one is an active element. I can see it and hear it right now.
Ask ELAC, not Andrew Jones, who obviously hasn't been actively designing that subwoofer but loaned his name just for marketing purposes.

Here's a bigger and clearer pic of that bottom element. Not passive this one! http://www.propellihattu.fi/elacwoofer.jpg

Bye now and apologies will be accepted later ;-)
I'd hate to think you were trolling . You are mistaken on this matter, and in the process you made an unjustified assumption or two. The right thing for you to do now is to apologize for creating this distraction--hopefully it was a learning experience. And, I hope you apologize for making that incorrect and unjustified defamatory remark about the designer of the sub, Andrew Jones. Thanks.




Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum

Last edited by imagic; 03-07-2016 at 02:53 PM.
imagic is online now  
post #45 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 11:21 AM
Member
 
Freewheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
I'd hate to think you were trolling . You are mistaken on this matter, and in the process you made an unjustified assumption or two. The right thing for you to do now is to apologize for creating this distraction--hopefully it was a learning experience. And, I hope you also apologize for making that incorrect and unjustified defamatory remark about the designer of the sub, Andrew Jones. Thanks.



Ok, I was wrong and I'm sorry. My information came from a local AV test site that stated the elements were just the opposite way. Please delete my posts, I won't bother you anymore. Have a nice day.
Freewheeler is offline  
post #46 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 11:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
D Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 1,690
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 452
HA!!! Greatest thread ever!
imagic, hpp8140 and audiofan1 like this.
D Bone is offline  
post #47 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 11:34 AM
Member
 
Freewheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bone View Post
HA!!! Greatest thread ever!
You're welcome..
Freewheeler is offline  
post #48 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 12:05 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
markus767's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 11,776
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5649 Post(s)
Liked: 2677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewheeler View Post
My information came from a local AV test site that stated the elements were just the opposite way.
Now you know how credible that "local AV test site" really is. Some passive radiators from Tymphany:
http://www.tymphany.com/transducers/...ssive+Radiator

Markus

"In science, contrary evidence causes one to question a theory. In religion, contrary evidence causes one to question the evidence." - Floyd Toole
markus767 is offline  
post #49 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 12:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
audiofan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,724
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2314 Post(s)
Liked: 2873
Interesting thread indeed
D Bone likes this.
audiofan1 is offline  
post #50 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 12:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
I just packed a pair of loaner JL E112s, I'm ready to send 'em back. They are great subs--both aesthetically and in terms of sound quality--but the price/performance ratio is tilted toward "luxury." It's a good option IF you have the disposable income.

The S12EQ has the assistance of a passive radiator, and the EQ function is awesome. That said, dual SB-2000s with some sort of DSP EQ solution (miniDSP 2x4, Audyssey, Dirac Live, etc.) will get you to the same place (and offer more control/options) in terms of integration. Then again, nothing says you can't use additional DSP processing with the ELACs. That's a really tough call, which speaks to how good both the ELAC and SVS subs are.

I'm in same situation as been looking at pulling trigger on dual SVS SB-2000's for my HT and wondering if the S12EQ can also be set up in pairs or if due to the DSP setup they can't (I could swear I read somewhere the S12EQ's won't work in pairs).


Thanks in advance!
ShelbySteve is offline  
post #51 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 12:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
audiofan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,724
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2314 Post(s)
Liked: 2873
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbySteve View Post
I'm in same situation as been looking at pulling trigger on dual SVS SB-2000's for my HT and wondering if the S12EQ can also be set up in pairs or if due to the DSP setup they can't (I could swear I read somewhere the S12EQ's won't work in pairs).


Thanks in advance!
if the subs are equal distant from each other and you treat them as 1 or mono it should work, if not just average the distance of the two and sum one distance setting lesser or greater depending which sounds best. If you have REW it can go a long way with something like your planing.
audiofan1 is offline  
post #52 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 15,947
Mentioned: 431 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9077 Post(s)
Liked: 16012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbySteve View Post
I'm in same situation as been looking at pulling trigger on dual SVS SB-2000's for my HT and wondering if the S12EQ can also be set up in pairs or if due to the DSP setup they can't (I could swear I read somewhere the S12EQ's won't work in pairs).

Thanks in advance!
You don't have to use Auto-EQ, and the DSP does offer other controls (including the 1-band manual parametric EQ) so of course you can use S12EQs as you would any other sub in multiples. The question is, how do two Auto-EQ'd subs interact. I don't have an answer to that at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post
if the subs are equal distant from each other and you treat them as 1 or mono it should work, if not just average the distance of the two and sum one distance setting lesser or greater depending which sounds best. If you have REW it can go a long way with something like your planing.
The S12EQ has built-in adjustable delay, so you can configure a 2-sub system (or more) using just one subwoofer output. You might have to do a tiny bit of extremely basic math in the process, that's all. But I'd argue that these subs are MORE useful than typical subs that might only have a phase control when deployed in a 2-sub, unequal distance, one shared output type of setup.
audiofan1 likes this.

Last edited by imagic; 03-07-2016 at 03:14 PM.
imagic is online now  
post #53 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 05:19 PM
Newbie
 
lifedoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Google Nexus devices use Android OS 6+, which is a big problem

Android operating system devices, other than Google Nexus devices, will not be using the latest version of Android. That is the policy of Google; only their signature devices receive the latest Android OS updates. What this means is if you have only Nexus devices (phones or tablets,) you will not be able to use them with your S12EQ, because they are running Android OS 6.0 or 6.1. If I hadn't happened to have a much older non-Google Android phone, running OS 5.0, I would not have been able to run EQ (or even adjust the volume) on my otherwise very impressive ELAC subwoofer. I have brought this issue to the attention of ELAC's Vice President, as well as the developer of the ELAC Sub Control Android app, but have had no response. This Android app was created almost one year ago, and needs to be updated. You can read my comments on the Google Play Store app page for the ELAC Sub Control written over three months ago ... without a response.

By the way, I have had my two ELAC F5s, one C5, and the S12 EQ for over four months now and am very impressed with their overall full high quality sound and smooth integration of the sub. Whether listening to stereo music or 7.1 home theater, I remain very impressed with these speakers and would highly recommend them, as long as you have a device running Android OS 5, not 6. We watched the Blu-ray of the movie San Andreas recently: VERY IMPRESSIVE! You felt the earthquake was happening in your home.
lifedoc is offline  
post #54 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 07:43 PM
Writer & Reviewer
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 8,187
Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2193 Post(s)
Liked: 3332
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus767 View Post
Measuring the low frequency response with a smartphone is a joke, right?
I'm not certain it's a "joke", but the reality is a 50 cent microphone can't possibly compete with something like a UMIK-1. In that respect it's hard to imagine the measurements are entirely accurate. I can see where Elac is going with this, because it seems there are a lot of people who consider their cell phone the end-all-be-all and wish to use it for everything, but is that the best approach? I don't believe it is, but time will tell I suppose. Knobs and dials are still relevant, as is dedicated measurement equipment. A device that can barely handle a Skype chat doesn't strike me as the best choice to do precise audio calculations.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotth3886 View Post
I didn't know smartphone mics would go down that low?
They can't, at least not with sufficient resolution to be considered accurate. Mark's experience indicates Andrew has been able to achieve incredible results, but the quality of the input directly influences the quality of the output. There's no way around that. At the end of the day something has to give.

 
If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite...
JimWilson is offline  
post #55 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 11:48 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
markus767's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 11,776
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5649 Post(s)
Liked: 2677
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
I'm not certain it's a "joke", but the reality is a 50 cent microphone can't possibly compete with something like a UMIK-1. In that respect it's hard to imagine the measurements are entirely accurate.
Well, response accuracy doesn't seem to be the problem here. They capture the near field response and then the response at the main listening position. EQ is based on the difference between the two measurements.
The issues I see are:
- Distorted measurements (SPL is very high in the near field)
- Noise contaminated measurements (room noise floor, structure-borne noise)
- High pass filter and other processing applied by the OS (I believe iOS applies a HP filter that can't be circumvented by any app but I would need to check developer docs again)

Markus

"In science, contrary evidence causes one to question a theory. In religion, contrary evidence causes one to question the evidence." - Floyd Toole
markus767 is offline  
post #56 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 15,947
Mentioned: 431 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9077 Post(s)
Liked: 16012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
I'm not certain it's a "joke", but the reality is a 50 cent microphone can't possibly compete with something like a UMIK-1. In that respect it's hard to imagine the measurements are entirely accurate. I can see where Elac is going with this, because it seems there are a lot of people who consider their cell phone the end-all-be-all and wish to use it for everything, but is that the best approach? I don't believe it is, but time will tell I suppose. Knobs and dials are still relevant, as is dedicated measurement equipment. A device that can barely handle a Skype chat doesn't strike me as the best choice to do precise audio calculations.




They can't, at least not with sufficient resolution to be considered accurate. Mark's experience indicates Andrew has been able to achieve incredible results, but the quality of the input directly influences the quality of the output. There's no way around that. At the end of the day something has to give.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus767 View Post
Well, response accuracy doesn't seem to be the problem here. They capture the near field response and then the response at the main listening position. EQ is based on the difference between the two measurements.
The issues I see are:
- Distorted measurements (SPL is very high in the near field)
- Noise contaminated measurements (room noise floor, structure-borne noise)
- High pass filter and other processing applied by the OS (I believe iOS applies a HP filter that can't be circumvented by any app but I would need to check developer docs again)
System seems to work, despite the skepticism and speculation.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum

Last edited by imagic; 03-07-2016 at 11:55 PM.
imagic is online now  
post #57 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 11:55 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
markus767's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 11,776
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5649 Post(s)
Liked: 2677
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
System seems to work, despite all the skepticism and empty speculation.
So why do you refuse to post the .mdat with your measured results?

Markus

"In science, contrary evidence causes one to question a theory. In religion, contrary evidence causes one to question the evidence." - Floyd Toole
markus767 is offline  
post #58 of 96 Old 03-07-2016, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 15,947
Mentioned: 431 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9077 Post(s)
Liked: 16012
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus767 View Post
So why do you refuse to post the .mdat with your measured results?
I don't trust you guys with it But seriously, I only took the measurements to show what I/they showed. The answer is no.

Besides, you don't really expect me to share it with you after that comment about what AVS means, do you? Lol.
D Bone likes this.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum

Last edited by imagic; 03-08-2016 at 12:03 AM.
imagic is online now  
post #59 of 96 Old 03-08-2016, 01:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thehun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Leftardia Kommiefornia
Posts: 9,727
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1141 Post(s)
Liked: 1152
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedoc View Post
Android operating system devices, other than Google Nexus devices, will not be using the latest version of Android. That is the policy of Google; only their signature devices receive the latest Android OS updates. What this means is if you have only Nexus devices (phones or tablets,) you will not be able to use them with your S12EQ, because they are running Android OS 6.0 or 6.1. If I hadn't happened to have a much older non-Google Android phone, running OS 5.0, I would not have been able to run EQ (or even adjust the volume) on my otherwise very impressive ELAC subwoofer. I have brought this issue to the attention of ELAC's Vice President, as well as the developer of the ELAC Sub Control Android app, but have had no response. This Android app was created almost one year ago, and needs to be updated. You can read my comments on the Google Play Store app page for the ELAC Sub Control written over three months ago ... without a response.
First of all Marshmallow is being installed on a host of other than Nexus phones currently but it remains in the small majority still, it simply takes longer for carrier branded phones to receive the update due to their testing requirements, plus Google likes to showcase their latest OS via their newest Nexus phones. It's a practice not a policy. I went to the play store to check out the comments, and found the latest 3 commenting as you do having problems, 2 specifically mention a Nexus device, so I wonder if it's a Nexus or a Marshmallow problem.?

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

Attention, don't read my posts if you're a snowflake or easily offended.

The Hun
thehun is offline  
post #60 of 96 Old 03-08-2016, 01:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thehun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Leftardia Kommiefornia
Posts: 9,727
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1141 Post(s)
Liked: 1152
This auto EQ would be awesome for car subwoofers/amps. Wish Elac would licence it to others.

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

Attention, don't read my posts if you're a snowflake or easily offended.

The Hun
thehun is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off