Amp that provides 2000W @ 2 ohms? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-16-2016, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Amp that provides 2000W @ 2 ohms?

So I've had a dead buttkicker amp since August. Originally replacements were supposed to be in stock by September, then November, now January. I've more or less decided I need to look into another option. I have two LFEs that can each handle 1000W, so I'm looking for something that can output around 2000W @ 2 ohms that would be comparable to my dead buttkicker amp.

If anyone could provide me with some recommendations I would really appreciate it. I'd like to get something ordered in the next few days. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-16-2016, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 113
The only options I see for the power and utility you want are car audio amps, but you would need to provide the power supply for one. There may also be a few high-end amp for example Krell, Counterpoint, B&K..., but these would be very costly for your use. I did see several Buttkicker amps used on Amazon. It may be your best bet.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-16-2016, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjfalls View Post
The only options I see for the power and utility you want are car audio amps, but you would need to provide the power supply for one. There may also be a few high-end amp for example Krell, Counterpoint, B&K..., but these would be very costly for your use. I did see several Buttkicker amps used on Amazon. It may be your best bet.
What about something like an inuke? Could that be used? I can't justify spending $530 on a used BK amp when a new one costs $340. I get the whole supply and demand thing and that I can't actually get a new one right now, but I can't bring myself to drop that kind of cash on a used item.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-17-2016, 06:09 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 113
I've always thought of Behringer as a good company. Their monitors always looked interesting. I've seen a lot of posts about the Inuke on this site. The specs look good and the price seems right. Seems more in-line for what you need than a high-end amp. I'd go for it.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-17-2016, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I only have a few concerns with the inukes... first, which model to consider, but outside of that two other things. One, I know the Buttkicker amps have a response down to 5hz since the LFEs FR go to 5hz, where the inuke is only rated to 20hz which can be pushed a little lower with the DSP software. Second, I'm not quite sure how wiring would work since the inukes have different output cables than what the LFEs accept (just standard L/R) so I may need to do a modification and/or get an adapter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page