Official JTR Speakers Subwoofer Thread - Page 369 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 18722Likes

post #11041 of 13411 Old 12-07-2018, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEnigma View Post
:O! How much headroom do you have left on that EOT intro?

So sorry, what is EOT?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11042 of 13411 Old 12-07-2018, 07:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 1866
Edge Of Tomorrow (Tom Cruise movie)
WLGeter likes this.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives

Last edited by jamiebosco; 12-08-2018 at 07:58 AM.
post #11043 of 13411 Old 12-07-2018, 07:28 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Here's my contribution to show the superb work of Jeff. But the real magic happens when you turn it on.

It's a white paint on veneer Cap. 2400 to go with my white Kef 950.

Still on the packaging foam. It will go on his side when the media unit gets delivered in february.
Don't look at the wires

chucky7, jamiebosco, femi and 6 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11044 of 13411 Old 12-07-2018, 07:45 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 400 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5621 Post(s)
Liked: 5458
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscles View Post
That may be your opinion but those videos definitely help get the subs names out there and absolutely help with sales. Look how many SVS videos and channels there are out there now. I don't even have to look it up to know that they probably sell more subs than almost all other ID companies combined. It's nice to see how speakers look, move and sound (not accurate through youtube, but still fun) before making a purchase.

People like youthman have really started a lot of people down their paths to loving subwoofers and sound.

Greg
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Charles View Post
That’s a bull**** and pompous response

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I should apologize to both of you for not being transparent enough in my sarcasm on that post. I shall transgress a shade. While some of it does in fact take merit, I was simply messing around... I respect anyone and everyone's opinion on the matter. I will however stand by my opinion that dumb videos of a woofer showing it's excursion on youtube aren't worth a darn thing, unless of course it helps to get the name out of the company, in which case @muscles is absolutely correct. My only quam is on so many of those SVS videos, the comments and whatnot are "OMG, check out how awesome that sub is moving" and in reality, that means absolutely nothing to the quality of the build...

Jeff knows what he builds, his customers, demo'ers (sp?), and fans know. Between the main JTR speaker thread, and this thread, just look at the post count, they are two of the more active on the entire site. not trying to say more exposure is a bad thing at all. My main point was that the people that are actually serious about HT aren't perusing YT looking at excursion videos to make their decision.

Also, David, yes I am a little pompous, slightly narcissistic, and at the same time the most humble person you may ever meet. please forgive me for the internet not clearly showing my point
Tyborg, rhed and llang269 like this.

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
post #11045 of 13411 Old 12-07-2018, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Quoted: 2519 Post(s)
Liked: 2605
As humble as Drax.
beastaudio likes this.

Building the room, speakers, and subs.
post #11046 of 13411 Old 12-07-2018, 08:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 299 Post(s)
Quoted: 3569 Post(s)
Liked: 4591
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEnigma View Post
:O! How much headroom do you have left on that EOT intro?
To be honest, I don't really know.

I shot that video 6 months ago to show the dB as well as the driver movement. Therefore, the UMIK-1 was at 6ft, rather than at my MLP which is 11ft away. Having the UMIK-1 closer also means I wouldn't have to turn it up to my usual MV.

I have since upgraded my AVR and front stage. I should have time to make another video later this month.

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Noesis 212HT. Surrounds: Jamo C103, KEF Q100, Polk Audio RTiA3.
Subwoofer: JTR Captivator 4000ULF.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Samsung UN75NU8000FXZA.

FS: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3
post #11047 of 13411 Old 12-07-2018, 08:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 703 Post(s)
Liked: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
I should apologize to both of you for not being transparent enough in my sarcasm on that post. I shall transgress a shade. While some of it does in fact take merit, I was simply messing around... I respect anyone and everyone's opinion on the matter. I will however stand by my opinion that dumb videos of a woofer showing it's excursion on youtube aren't worth a darn thing, unless of course it helps to get the name out of the company, in which case @muscles is absolutely correct. My only quam is on so many of those SVS videos, the comments and whatnot are "OMG, check out how awesome that sub is moving" and in reality, that means absolutely nothing to the quality of the build...

Jeff knows what he builds, his customers, demo'ers (sp?), and fans know. Between the main JTR speaker thread, and this thread, just look at the post count, they are two of the more active on the entire site. not trying to say more exposure is a bad thing at all. My main point was that the people that are actually serious about HT aren't perusing YT looking at excursion videos to make their decision.

Also, David, yes I am a little pompous, slightly narcissistic, and at the same time the most humble person you may ever meet. please forgive me for the internet not clearly showing my point
Since you find it pointless, it must be pointless, right? Never mind the 100,000+ views my YouTube channel has had last year alone. I routinely get 50+ comments that are genuine questions from enthusiasts or new to the hobby people. If you think keeping a product quiet and not advertising it is the way to grow a business, then I wish you luck. I spoke to Jeff on the phone once and he was honest and forward. He didn't really push for my business, but he was nice. Maybe he doesn't want to sell more subs and speakers, if they are as great as you guys say, that's a real shame.

I am saying, as a consumer, that a little more background into what JTR is/does would be nice. There aren't even that many pictures on the website, front, back etc. Finishes? Enthusiasts like to show off their goods, but apparently that makes you dumber than the rest. Some of us dumb people spend a lot of money on this stuff and are being turned off. You don't have to bash me in return, I won't be posting any longer in here.

Greg

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik F18SEs - SB13 Ultra
Speakers: Martin Logan Expressions - Martin Logan ESL-C - SVS Ultra Surrounds - KEF LS50W
Audio:McIntosh C2600 Pre - Marantz SR-8012 -Dual McIntosh 601's- McIntosh MT5 - McIntosh MP100 - Oppo UDP-205 - Panamax M5300PMx2 - Apple TV 4k - BlueSound Node 2
TV: Samsung 75" Q9FN - Sony 75" 940D
post #11048 of 13411 Old 12-07-2018, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Since you find it pointless, it must be pointless, right? Never mind the 100,000+ views my YouTube channel has had last year alone. I routinely get 50+ comments that are genuine questions from enthusiasts or new to the hobby people. If you think keeping a product quiet and not advertising it is the way to grow a business, then I wish you luck. I spoke to Jeff on the phone once and he was honest and forward. He didn't really push for my business, but he was nice. Maybe he doesn't want to sell more subs and speakers, if they are as great as you guys say, that's a real shame.

I am saying, as a consumer, that a little more background into what JTR is/does would be nice. There aren't even that many pictures on the website, front, back etc. Finishes? Enthusiasts like to show off their goods, but apparently that makes you dumber than the rest. Some of us dumb people spend a lot of money on this stuff and are being turned off. You don't have to bash me in return, I won't be posting any longer in here.

Greg
Greg,

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said pointless (nor dumb), and I am glad you've gotten the views and comments on your YT channel (I'm serious). I never think keeping a good product quiet is a good thing either so I don't know where you are getting that from. I feel like my last post cleared that up. I won't speak for Jeff or his speakers as they speak for themselves. Those that have heard any of his lineup knows how hard he works to create a good speaker/sub. I 100% agree more presence would be an awesome thing. I do my best to promote his product every chance I get, so I am not sure exactly where you are really coming from. A single-man operation of JTR perhaps won't get the internet clout you are looking for, but those that have purchased his product know the quality and if you really want to know more, I am sure you can reach out to any one of them and they will gladly tell you how excellent their purchase is.

post #11049 of 13411 Old 12-08-2018, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
The qualities found in a horn-loaded CD type design are completely different from a standard woofer/tweeter combo. The directivity and efficiency of a JTR speaker is razor sharp and detailed, without a ton of room interaction, whereas a standard "Hifi" speaker takes a lot more action from the room/boundaries.
Thank you for that description. Helps those of us who haven't had an opportunity to hear them in person yet.

Sony 75X940E JTR 110HT, Single 8HT, Captivator 1400 Denon X4200W Sony X800M2 ATV4K
post #11050 of 13411 Old 12-08-2018, 04:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 2651 Post(s)
Liked: 4147
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Charles View Post
That’s a bull**** and pompous response

Maybe, maybe not. JTR is seldom, if almost ever, the first sub most people purchase. It usually goes something like this:

HTiB sub.
Polk PSW110
SVS PB2000
Dual PB2000
PB13 Ultra
Dual PB13 Ultra
Dual JTR whatever. By the time most folks get here, they are probably a much more educated consumer compared to those venturing into their first ID subs and have reached what are arguably the highest performing subs available for the money outside of DIY, if even(build a comparable product and the cost savings compared to the labor involved is likely fairly small).
serith, toddct, djreef and 2 others like this.
post #11051 of 13411 Old 12-08-2018, 05:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Greg,

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said pointless (nor dumb), and I am glad you've gotten the views and comments on your YT channel (I'm serious). I never think keeping a good product quiet is a good thing either so I don't know where you are getting that from. I feel like my last post cleared that up. I won't speak for Jeff or his speakers as they speak for themselves. Those that have heard any of his lineup knows how hard he works to create a good speaker/sub. I 100% agree more presence would be an awesome thing. I do my best to promote his product every chance I get, so I am not sure exactly where you are really coming from. A single-man operation of JTR perhaps won't get the internet clout you are looking for, but those that have purchased his product know the quality and if you really want to know more, I am sure you can reach out to any one of them and they will gladly tell you how excellent their purchase is.
Except for you literally did say it.

"I will however stand by my opinion that dumb videos of a woofer showing it's excursion on youtube aren't worth a darn thing, unless of course it helps to get the name out of the company, in which case @muscles is absolutely correct. My only quam is on so many of those SVS videos, the comments and whatnot are "OMG, check out how awesome that sub is moving" and in reality, that means absolutely nothing to the quality of the build..."

I posted something positive and asked for more exposure from a company I was following. I hear praise and I hear bad stuff about JTR in the real world all the time, I was just wanting to see more coverage of it. It would be nice to post something in the AVS world and not get vitriol.

G

Speakers: Martin Logan Expressions - Martin Logan ESL-C - SVS Ultra Surrounds - KEF LS50W
Audio:McIntosh C2600 Pre - Marantz SR-8012 -Dual McIntosh 601's- McIntosh MT5 - McIntosh MP100 - Oppo UDP-205 - Panamax M5300PMx2 - Apple TV 4k - BlueSound Node 2
post #11052 of 13411 Old 12-08-2018, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 776
Hey Greg,

I followed your progression on the Rythmik thread. I know you upgraded from SVS and JLA, which were obviously not shabby at all. You definitely had an interesting ride going from 4 of those to 2xG25. I saw the shell of one of those this past weekend at the Rythmik office and I'm sure they sound as awesome as they look. I'm going to do a friendly comparison of the FV25 vs the 2400 this week.....along with some help from a few others.

Anywho, not trying to step in the middle of anything but I think if you were to search through the JTR thread you would find a ton of information concerning the JTR lineup. The very first few posts by cannga are updated with a few personal posts on their review of their subs. You can also find the Houston GTG in my signature containing some reviews which not only contain JTR but Seaton and Rythmik. Imureh also had an interesting ride from Seaton to JTR to PSA to JTR to Rythmik........he has a problem. I myself went from SVS SB13 and 16 to dual 2400 but not without a ton of reading, research and advice in the form of PM's to many owners of different brands. I guess what I am trying to say is that JTR does have a strong following though it may not be as concise as someone may want. JTR's website is not as informative as it could be, however, their FB page seems to be pretty up to date. As nice as it would be to have a YT channel for JTR, there is a good bit of information out there and I'm sure if you reach out to any of the owners they would be more than happy to share their experience.

Todd
chucky7, muscles and djreef like this.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
post #11053 of 13411 Old 12-08-2018, 08:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Though it is nice to have youtube videos, the quality of the video and audio is unfortunately limited by the quality of recording device used. Most if not all cell phones are just not adequate to properly capture below 50Hz. Cellphones also tend to exacerbate wind noises. I ordered 3 JTR Neosis 228HTs earlier in November but after reading posts of just how magical the 212HTs are with music, I decided that I want to have the biggest non-tower speakers JTR has to offer that are still within my budget. Therefore, I asked Jeff if I could switch to the Neosis 212HTs at the last minute. Knowing my primary usage, Jeff actually tried to persuade me that the 228HTs are already all I need. As accommodating as Jeff is, he allowed me to change just 3 days before the projected ship date, because he wants the customer to be happy. @ muscles, since you are just a short drive away, when I have everything set up and calibrated, you are more than welcome to come listen to my HT system.
GJG, serith, bulls and 3 others like this.

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Noesis 212HT. Surrounds: Jamo C103, KEF Q100, Polk Audio RTiA3.

Last edited by chucky7; 12-08-2018 at 08:30 PM.
post #11054 of 13411 Old 12-08-2018, 08:27 PM

Chucky7 you need to update your signature!
chucky7 likes this.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
post #11055 of 13411 Old 12-09-2018, 12:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
Though it is nice to have youtube videos, the quality of the video and audio is unfortunately limited by the quality of recording device used. Most if not all cell phones are just not adequate to properly capture below 50Hz. Cellphones also tend to exacerbate wind noises. I ordered 3 JTR Neosis 228HTs earlier in November but after reading posts of just how magical the 212HTs are with music, I decided that I want to have the biggest non-tower speakers JTR has to offer that are still within my budget. Therefore, I asked Jeff if I could switch to the Neosis 212HTs at the last minute. Knowing my primary usage, Jeff actually tried to persuade me that the 228HTs are already all I need. As accommodating as Jeff is, he allowed me to change just 3 days before the projected ship date, because he wants the customer to be happy. @ muscles, since you are just a short drive away, when I have everything set up and calibrated, you are more than welcome to come listen to my HT system.
I might just take you up on that. I will bring my professional grade camera and mic and shoot some footage as well. Just let me know when it works for you and when you have everything set up.

Greg
chucky7 likes this.

post #11056 of 13411 Old 12-09-2018, 03:33 AM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:

I posted something positive and asked for more exposure from a company I was following. I hear praise and I hear bad stuff about JTR in the real world all the time, I was just wanting to see more coverage of it. It would be nice to post something in the AVS world and not get vitriol.

G

What bad stuff? Customer Service being a one man show?
post #11057 of 13411 Old 12-09-2018, 12:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLGeter View Post
What bad stuff? Customer Service being a one man show?
Nah, I have spoke with Jeff on the phone. He is a straight shooter. It was a comment that was most likely meant in jest. No harm no foul. I was just wanting to see more pictures/videos of JTR stuff.

I really want to see some shootouts between Rythmik and JTR. I am also curious to see if JTR can compete with the accuracy of Rythmik. I will be putting this to the test soon enough. Either way, I am sure I will be impressed by JTR.

Greg
chucky7 and WLGeter like this.

post #11058 of 13411 Old 12-09-2018, 04:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 2304 Post(s)
Liked: 1625
Quote:
Nah, I have spoke with Jeff on the phone. He is a straight shooter. It was a comment that was most likely meant in jest. No harm no foul. I was just wanting to see more pictures/videos of JTR stuff.

I really want to see some shootouts between Rythmik and JTR. I am also curious to see if JTR can compete with the accuracy of Rythmik. I will be putting this to the test soon enough. Either way, I am sure I will be impressed by JTR.

Greg
JTR subs are accurate no doubt. But the rythmik and jtr have a different sound signature and that will tell you which sound you prefer. Neither one is more accurate over the other.
muscles likes this.

Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels
post #11059 of 13411 Old 12-09-2018, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 215 Post(s)
Quoted: 2857 Post(s)
Liked: 3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
JTR subs are accurate no doubt. But the rythmik and jtr have a different sound signature and that will tell you which sound you prefer. Neither one is more accurate over the other.

Rythmik subs do have the lowest distortion which contributes to their accuracy and sound signature. The JTR subs have more TR.

muscles and djreef like this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #11060 of 13411 Old 12-09-2018, 06:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
Rythmik subs do have the lowest distortion which contributes to their accuracy and sound signature. The JTR subs have more TR.

Having lower distortion is just the sound quality...not the accuracy of the drivers. Both can be just as accurate but one could have lower distortion. I've heard jtr s2 subs in person and also used to own psa subs. I now own both funk audio sub and svs subs. While the funk has lower distortion overall but they all hit the notes just as accurately. But they have different texture, weight, and sound signature and distortion....but I never found any of it "not tight" or "inaccurate" when playing music notes. And how do you test for accuracy? Maybe he meant distortion instead of accuracy?

Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels
post #11061 of 13411 Old 12-09-2018, 06:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
Having lower distortion is just the sound quality...not the accuracy of the drivers. Both can be just as accurate but one could have lower distortion. I've heard jtr s2 subs in person and also used to own psa subs. I now own both funk audio sub and svs subs. While the funk has lower distortion overall but they all hit the notes just as accurately. But they have different texture, weight, and sound signature and distortion....but I never found any of it "not tight" or "inaccurate" when playing music notes. And how do you test for accuracy? Maybe he meant distortion instead of accuracy?

Yeah not sure. I was wondering the same thing as to how does one define accuracy and why would accuracy not contribute to over all sound quality?

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #11062 of 13411 Old 12-09-2018, 06:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 2617 Post(s)
Liked: 2374
For me, accuracy means a sub can reproduce exactly what being fed without adding any distortion/color and/or artificial sound. There are some super fast bass notes that an accurate sub can play/separate all of those single bass notes without making them sound like one or two big bass notes that blend together. An example is in the song ‘Limit to your love’ by Jame Blakes.
muscles likes this.

Last edited by tvuong; 12-09-2018 at 06:48 PM.
post #11063 of 13411 Old 12-09-2018, 09:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
For me, accuracy means a sub can reproduce exactly what being fed without adding any distortion/color and/or artificial sound. There are some super fast bass notes that an accurate sub can play/separate all of those single bass notes without making them sound like one or two big bass notes that blend together. An example is in the song ‘Limit to your love’ by Jame Blakes.
Thanks for the help explaining this. Rythmik subs sound like instruments they don't sound like subwoofers. It's hard to explain. It was easy when I had the SB16 and the Rythmik both hooked up. There is no boominess to Rythmik. I think by accurate I also meant they are fast, they blend really well with my Martin Logan speakers. I am not sure I would get that from JTR. I don't like super loud sub 20hz frequency stuff, that just pisses off the neighbors and doesn't offer much for my listening pleasure. I also have invested an unreal amount of money for my 2.1 channel music listening. I don't want to lose that. I am not looking to replace my Rythmiks, I just want to hear the legend that is JTR.

I do think JTR makes some awesome products and I look forward to hearing them.

Greg

post #11064 of 13411 Old 12-10-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the help explaining this. Rythmik subs sound like instruments they don't sound like subwoofers. It's hard to explain. It was easy when I had the SB16 and the Rythmik both hooked up. There is no boominess to Rythmik. I think by accurate I also meant they are fast, they blend really well with my Martin Logan speakers. I am not sure I would get that from JTR. I don't like super loud sub 20hz frequency stuff, that just pisses off the neighbors and doesn't offer much for my listening pleasure. I also have invested an unreal amount of money for my 2.1 channel music listening. I don't want to lose that. I am not looking to replace my Rythmiks, I just want to hear the legend that is JTR.

Greg
In that case, you should totally take a trip to visit chucky7. I don't think it's lost on most people that the cap4k is one of the best performing commercial subs you can buy. It can definitely wreck a house! But, I think it's distortion is pretty low as well. IMO, my 2400 do pretty good with music. I have no complaints, but I'm more HT 1st, music 2nd.

That being said, you stated you don't like high spl in the low bass area so i think your choice of the G25 is probably spot on.

Todd
chucky7, imureh, muscles and 2 others like this.

Last edited by toddct; 12-10-2018 at 08:53 AM.
post #11065 of 13411 Old 12-10-2018, 09:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddct View Post
In that case, you should totally take a trip to visit chucky7. I don't think it's lost on most people that the cap4k is one of the best performing commercial subs you can buy. It can definitely wreck a house! But, I think it's distortion is pretty low as well. IMO, my 2400 do pretty good with music. I have no complaints, but I'm more HT 1st, music 2nd.

That being said, you stated you don't like high spl in the low bass area so i think your choice of the G25 is probably spot on.

Todd
I agree Todd, based on how Greg has described his listening that choice seems solid. Distortion levels are more apparent in higher frequencies that lower ones so some one doing critical music listening may pick up the nuances. For HT some may like a little 2nd harmonic distortion (not 3rd) that adds to the impact. At these level of subs one cannot go wrong, it just depends what you are after, each offering their own advantages...
toddct and muscles like this.

post #11066 of 13411 Old 12-10-2018, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Quoted: 2519 Post(s)
Liked: 2605
Remember guys, all these numbers are at the limits of the sub which most don't even use, so distortion maybe lower than one can hear on all of them.

Building the room, speakers, and subs.
post #11067 of 13411 Old 12-10-2018, 10:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Greg
Haha, I promise that when you come over, I won't try to convince you to replace your gear! These GTGs, big or small, are all about broadening the horizon on what other manufacturers have to offer. 4 avsforum members have visited my HT and we all had a great time!

Regarding the subs capabilities,

< 50Hz, you are somewhere between the Rythmik FV25HP and the JTR Cap 4000ULF.
> 50Hz, you are above the 4000ULF.

I also checked out your videos on youtube (search Rythmik G25HP). In your latest video, the audio is hot below 20Hz...

So like it or not, you are already ULF capable and you are already hearing it. You just don't know it...
toddct and muscles like this.

Last edited by chucky7; 12-10-2018 at 10:32 AM.
post #11068 of 13411 Old 12-10-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:

G
I said dumb videos, not people, big difference there. Let's move on, I obviously struck a nerve and it bothered you. We can each maintain our own opinion. If you want to know more about JTR and their capabilities, Data-bass.com is an excellent resource where Jeff has had most of his main subs independently tested. The response graphs, CEA max bursts, harmonic distortion profiles, and explanations all lend a hand to someone making an informed decision on their purchase. Much more than a youtube video, or even in-house testing done by the company itself. Independent testing is really the only way to get a true apples to apples comparison outside of a true ABX blind test in an extremely controlled environment.
ereed, jamiebosco and tojo_m like this.

Last edited by beastaudio; 12-11-2018 at 08:59 AM.
post #11069 of 13411 Old 12-10-2018, 11:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
Quote:

Greg
I can't speak for ported jtr subwoofers since I've only heard the sealed versions. I believe the jtr, rythmik, svs, funk, dss….all sealed options will be great for music. To my ears all are tight and fast and play the music notes without issues. The trick is the setup and positioning of the MLP and of course treatments to help remove the decay and resonance will help "one note" bass to be clearer sounding. I think it all depends on how loud you want to hear the sub. If you prefer to listen to music playing 100+ db then the jtr will do better than the smaller svs sb13 due to larger driver. So its just a matter of personal taste, but they all do music well if setup right. Just my opinion of course. Best to demo the subs in your home or visit some local guys and listen for yourself. You won't get idea how it sounds with youtube videos other than just an opinion of the user.

@muscles I know you have had svs and jl audio subs and are into music....what was lacking?

post #11070 of 13411 Old 12-10-2018, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
Haha, I promise that when you come over, I won't try to convince you to replace your gear! These GTGs, big or small, are all about broadening the horizon on what other manufacturers have to offer. 4 avsforum members have visited my HT and we all had a great time!

Regarding the subs capabilities,

< 50Hz, you are somewhere between the Rythmik FV25HP and the JTR Cap 4000ULF.
> 50Hz, you are above the 4000ULF.

I also checked out your videos on youtube (search Rythmik G25HP). In your latest video, the audio is hot below 20Hz...

So like it or not, you are already ULF capable and you are already hearing it. You just don't know it...
What would be cool, would be if he could drag his G25s over there (he’s a big boy, so it shouldn’t be a big deal for him) and you guys could do an unofficial side by side.

Hell, if Marc could meetup and drag his equipment over that’d be even cooler. It would be awesome to really see how close the Gs are to the JTR monsters. Just sayin’.

DJ
muscles likes this.

2kW fully active, fully balanced 2 channel Vaders

Overkill IS my middle name.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page