will one svs sub make a difference with deftech 8060's - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-23-2016, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked: 223
will one svs sub make a difference with deftech 8060's

I posted my question in the speakers section ..but I suspect I will get more info here

thanks
link:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-spe...size-pics.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-23-2016, 12:11 PM
AVS ***** Member

Mentioned: 324 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5379 Post(s)
Liked: 10060
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefoott View Post
I posted my question in the speakers section ..but I suspect I will get more info here

thanks
link:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-spe...size-pics.html
Hi,

It's a pretty big space to fill, but you have to start somewhere. I do think that a single PB1000 (I would definitely go with a ported sub) will make a difference. For one thing, it will give you another source for bass, which you can locate where it sounds best, as opposed to your front speakers, which have to be located in the front soundstage at more-or-less equal distances from you and from each other.

The SVS sub will also play lower than the towers, and at higher volumes. And, don't worry about using a ported sub for music. You are already using the equivalent of ported subs for music with your DefTech speakers. This will just be a better and more specialized sub.

One of the advantages of going with the PB1000 is SVS's free trial program which lets you test the sub, in your room, and with your other components. So, you can decide for yourself how much difference it makes. And later, as circumstances change, perhaps there will be upgrade opportunities (which SVS offers) to move to an even larger ported sub, or perhaps eventually to dual subs. But again, you have to start somewhere, and in my opinion, this would be a good place to start.

Regards,
Mike

Edit: If I were you, I would ask people to respond to one or the other of the threads. It will be hard to go back and forth for dual conversations.

GUIDE TO SUBWOOFER CALIBRATION AND BASS PREFERENCES

* The Guide linked above is a comprehensive guide to Audio & HT systems, including:
Speaker placements & Room treatments; HT calibration & Room EQ; Room gain; Bass
Preferences; Subwoofer Buyer's Guide: Sealed/ported; ID subs; Subwoofer placement.

Last edited by mthomas47; 12-23-2016 at 12:16 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-23-2016, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8585 Post(s)
Liked: 5784
The sub will only be 13 feet away from the seating position at most so yes, despite the large open area, it will make a perceptible positive impact.

Geoff A. J., California
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page