Bowers & Wilkins DB Series Subs Announced - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 20Likes

post #31 of 36 Old 06-20-2018, 02:31 AM
Ran

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Hey Guys.

I wonder if anyone had a chance to evaluate the new DB1D? I'm coming from the old DB1 which I truly love and value.

Would u think there will be an appreciative difference between the 2 in moderate volumes?

On the one hand, the frequency per B&W spec sheet is much improved , on the other hand the new sub is slightly shorter (3cm) and is lighter by 1KG. More over, the old one, for some reason, has better S/N per B&W spec, not sure what effect that has in real life listening.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Ran

P.S Patrick sent u a pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 12-20-2018, 09:28 AM
DRC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ran View Post
Hey Guys.

I wonder if anyone had a chance to evaluate the new DB1D? I'm coming from the old DB1 which I truly love and value.

Would u think there will be an appreciative difference between the 2 in moderate volumes?

On the one hand, the frequency per B&W spec sheet is much improved , on the other hand the new sub is slightly shorter (3cm) and is lighter by 1KG. More over, the old one, for some reason, has better S/N per B&W spec, not sure what effect that has in real life listening.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Ran

P.S Patrick sent u a pm.
I will resurrect this thread.
I just took delivery of a DB1D that will be set up in my 15 X 18 foot media room with 803D3's.
Replacing a Mirage BPS400 that performed very well for over 10 years.
I will report back in a couple of days.
I also took delivery of a DB2D that is set up in my family room that has Usher Mini Dancer 2's also replacing a Mirage BPS400.
post #33 of 36 Old 12-20-2018, 10:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked: 1846
The bottom line here is that, unless someone REALLY REALLY cares about matching their BW speakers, these will not hold a candle to the performance of ID subs costing (literally) 1/2 the price. It must be nice, though, to have money to blow.

Ill make ya a deal, dig up $4500.00 and I will come over and set you up with 2 subs for 3500.00 (hell 3k even) that would smash these and Ill keep the extra 1000.00.

Deal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 36 Old 12-20-2018, 01:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 998 Post(s)
Liked: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
I just took delivery of a DB1D that will be set up in my 15 X 18 foot media room with 803D3's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Charles View Post
The bottom line here is that, unless someone REALLY REALLY cares about matching their BW speakers, these will not hold a candle to the performance of ID subs costing (literally) 1/2 the price.
Most High end systems I see use the JL Audio Subs, pricey but have a great performance track record. If I had more money than... the average person, that is what I would get.

But my biggest question is what would win, dual DB1D's with 805D3(or 804D3) vs the flagship 80?D3.
post #35 of 36 Old 01-12-2019, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
I also took delivery of a DB2D that is set up in my family room that has Usher Mini Dancer 2's also replacing a Mirage BPS400.
Just checking is to see how the DB1D and DB2D worked out so far. I currently have 804D3's and HTM2D3 (along with 4 x CCM683 and 4 x CCM663 for ATMOS) in an 11.2 channel (7.2.4) setup. I am looking to replace my 2 existing ML 1000W subs. I only use this for a dedicated theater using a Sony 5000ES projector. I am considering replacing the two ML 1000W's (12 inch) with 2 DB2D's or possibly DB1D's. I am leaning towards the DB2D, to better match with my 804D3's. It has been difficult to find actual end user reviews of their experience with the new DB subs. I would appreciate anything you might be able to add. Thanks in advance.
post #36 of 36 Old 01-12-2019, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Just checking is to see how the DB1D and DB2D worked out so far. I currently have 804D3's and HTM2D3 (along with 4 x CCM683 and 4 x CCM663 for ATMOS) in an 11.2 channel (7.2.4) setup. I am looking to replace my 2 existing ML 1000W subs. I only use this for a dedicated theater using a Sony 5000ES projector. I am considering replacing the two ML 1000W's (12 inch) with 2 DB2D's or possibly DB1D's. I am leaning towards the DB2D, to better match with my 804D3's. It has been difficult to find actual end user reviews of their experience with the new DB subs. I would appreciate anything you might be able to add. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
bowers & wilkins , db series , subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page