The Ultimate List of BASS in Movies w/ Frequency Charts - Page 443 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 46781Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #13261 of 14923 Old 02-04-2019, 06:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
richardsim7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,981
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1268 Post(s)
Liked: 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrey View Post
Marvel's Daredevil Season 3 Episode one sound editing is crazy. The out of focus sound in the channels used to simulate the character hearing damage literally gives you ear pressure and makes you feel the exact same way to a point where you will try to clear your ears then after they change the camera view your ears slowly go back to normal. it's truly incredible and as per usual the bass is loud, deep and heavy in this series.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

I think I figured out the bass in S03E01 (at least the intro) was wayyy higher than the following episodes, no idea why


EDIT - Yeah, here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...l#post56997404
SuperFist likes this.
richardsim7 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #13262 of 14923 Old 02-05-2019, 02:26 PM
Senior Member
 
jcwhammie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: St Louis
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 84
So The Sisters Brothers came out today at Redbox. I've been wanting to see it, so of course I come to avsforum to set expectations for the sound. Unless I'm crazy, I don't see any graphs in this thread, in the BassEQ thread, or even a review by Ralph in the bluray reviews section. Am I overlooking it, or is the LF part of the soundtrack not worthy of being thrown on here yet?

TV: Samsung 65NU8000/ Receiver: Yamaha RX-A2070/ Bluray: PS3 Slim/ Fronts: Focal Chorus 726V/ Center: Focal Chorus cc700V
Surrounds: Focal Chorus 705V
Subs: (4) sealed SI HT 18" powered by Inuke 6000 EQed with MiniDSP
jcwhammie is offline  
post #13263 of 14923 Old 02-05-2019, 02:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PioManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,043
Mentioned: 248 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3066 Post(s)
Liked: 7382
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwhammie View Post
So The Sisters Brothers came out today at Redbox. I've been wanting to see it, so of course I come to avsforum to set expectations for the sound. Unless I'm crazy, I don't see any graphs in this thread, in the BassEQ thread, or even a review by Ralph in the bluray reviews section. Am I overlooking it, or is the LF part of the soundtrack not worthy of being thrown on here yet?
BEQ thread, posted Jan.29/2019



Link: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...l#post57520838



Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sisters-Brothers.png
Views:	181
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	2520776  
galonzo and SuperFist like this.

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD
PioManiac is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #13264 of 14923 Old 02-05-2019, 02:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
richardsim7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,981
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1268 Post(s)
Liked: 1635
richardsim7 is offline  
post #13265 of 14923 Old 02-05-2019, 02:45 PM
Senior Member
 
jcwhammie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: St Louis
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post
BEQ thread, posted Jan.29/2019



Link: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...l#post57520838





My bad. Thanks, Pio!

TV: Samsung 65NU8000/ Receiver: Yamaha RX-A2070/ Bluray: PS3 Slim/ Fronts: Focal Chorus 726V/ Center: Focal Chorus cc700V
Surrounds: Focal Chorus 705V
Subs: (4) sealed SI HT 18" powered by Inuke 6000 EQed with MiniDSP
jcwhammie is offline  
post #13266 of 14923 Old 02-05-2019, 03:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Reddig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Central U.S.
Posts: 2,817
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 980
Sweet DTS demo disc @SuperFist ! That is VERY cool and wish I had one!

Man I had a blast last night watching Hunter Killer. That audio track is amazing and does not mess around!! Wow. Good movie too.

JBL Pro Cinema/JTR/JVC/Denon/Oppo/Roku Ultra/Elite Screens/Furman/Seatcraft/Acoustimac/AudioQuest
Reddig is offline  
post #13267 of 14923 Old 02-05-2019, 03:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
subacabra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,353
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked: 4559
My buddy came by last night and we watched Hunter Killer followed by Interstellar at around -10 mv.
HK lived up to the bass hype and I really enjoyed the actual movie as well.
Unfortunately two glasses fell in my bar and broke all over the place lol
Got the Cloverfield Paradox blu ray delivered today so will definitely be giving that a spin soon.
chucky7, SBuger, galonzo and 11 others like this.
subacabra is online now  
post #13268 of 14923 Old 02-05-2019, 04:54 PM
Senior Member
 
tanwn1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 263
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by subacabra View Post
My buddy came by last night and we watched Hunter Killer followed by Interstellar at around -10 mv.
HK lived up to the bass hype and I really enjoyed the actual movie as well.
Unfortunately two glasses fell in my bar and broke all over the place lol
Got the Cloverfield Paradox blu ray delivered today so will definitely be giving that a spin soon.
Cloverfield paradox wil knock off more glasses. You have been warned lol.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Tom C, galonzo, SuperFist and 8 others like this.
tanwn1 is offline  
post #13269 of 14923 Old 02-06-2019, 07:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 581
How to Train Your Dragon. I had read a lot of good about this movie, and lots of mention of it's bass here. I was considering buying it and then noticed it was coming out in 4K, so I pre-ordered them. After sitting on my shelf for a couple weeks I finally watched the first one last night. The movie is a thoroughly enjoyable wonderful one to watch. The animation and 4K on my OLED was stunning! The DTSX track makes great use of surround and heights. I have never watched the regular Blu-Ray to compare to, but the bass lived up to expectations. Right from the start there was so much going that presented a nice weight feel in the room and shook the seats without being loud. I loved it! The only disappointment for me was the dialogue volume. I would have needed to go in and bump up the levels on my center or what I actually did just bump up to -5 from my usual -10. But still, great sound mix with such a beautiful animation, and wonderful story. Looking forward to number two tonight.

TV: LG OLED 65B7A, Receiver: Marantz SR-6012, Blu-Ray Player: LG UBK90, Fronts: JBL S312, Center: JBL S-Center, Surrounds: JBL S38, Top: Yamaha NS-AW1, Subwoofer: 2 PSA S3000i and one PSA XS-30se--- 5.3.4 setup
http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...&action=hybrid
Joshua Chmiel is online now  
post #13270 of 14923 Old 02-06-2019, 08:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PioManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,043
Mentioned: 248 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3066 Post(s)
Liked: 7382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Chmiel View Post
How to Train Your Dragon. I had read a lot of good about this movie, and lots of mention of it's bass here. I was considering buying it and then noticed it was coming out in 4K, so I pre-ordered them. After sitting on my shelf for a couple weeks I finally watched the first one last night. The movie is a thoroughly enjoyable wonderful one to watch. The animation and 4K on my OLED was stunning! The DTSX track makes great use of surround and heights. I have never watched the regular Blu-Ray to compare to, but the bass lived up to expectations. Right from the start there was so much going that presented a nice weight feel in the room and shook the seats without being loud. I loved it! The only disappointment for me was the dialogue volume. I would have needed to go in and bump up the levels on my center or what I actually did just bump up to -5 from my usual -10. But still, great sound mix with such a beautiful animation, and wonderful story. Looking forward to number two tonight.
HTTYD 2 was disappointing in the LFE/ULF department compared to the first one, (unless you have BEQ capability)
But Both are better in DTS:X on 4K/UHD than the initial Bluray releases



SBuger, galonzo, SuperFist and 4 others like this.

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD

Last edited by PioManiac; 02-06-2019 at 08:05 AM.
PioManiac is offline  
post #13271 of 14923 Old 02-06-2019, 09:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Reddig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Central U.S.
Posts: 2,817
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 980
HTTYD is indeed fantastic! The second one not so much but good movie. Excited for the third one to come out.

Looks like from the mentions I need to pick up Cloverfiled Paradox.

JBL Pro Cinema/JTR/JVC/Denon/Oppo/Roku Ultra/Elite Screens/Furman/Seatcraft/Acoustimac/AudioQuest
Reddig is offline  
post #13272 of 14923 Old 02-06-2019, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HeffeMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,501
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrey View Post
Indeed, I hope they keep up the sub killers . The intro scene is a MOFO!!!! and the lossless Dolby Atmos track is gonna make this mix shine.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Makes sense why Overlord and all the Cloverfield series has such great subsonics as well as overall sound! The Re-Mixer is
Will Files. He also did the movie 9! I watched Overlord on Apple TV with Atmos and I have to say the sound was amazing! Can’t wait to here the review on the Ultra Blueray.

Regards,
Jeff

Last edited by HeffeMusic; 02-06-2019 at 10:38 AM.
HeffeMusic is online now  
post #13273 of 14923 Old 02-06-2019, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
richardsim7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,981
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1268 Post(s)
Liked: 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeffeMusic View Post
Can’t wait to here the review on the Ultra Blueray.

https://www.avsforum.com/overlord-ul...lu-ray-review/
galonzo likes this.
richardsim7 is offline  
post #13274 of 14923 Old 02-06-2019, 04:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SuperFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,882
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1247 Post(s)
Liked: 4740
Robin Hood (2018) Amazon Video Bass Graph



SBuger and AmerCa like this.

Subwoofers: PSA S3000i x 2 | L+R Front: Onkyo SKF-200F | Center: Onkyo SKC-200C | L+R Surround: Onkyo SKM-200S | Atmos: Pioneer SP-T22A-LR | AVR: Yamaha RX-A660BL | HTPC: Lenovo Q190

Last edited by SuperFist; 02-07-2019 at 12:12 AM.
SuperFist is online now  
post #13275 of 14923 Old 02-06-2019, 04:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
coolrda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 3,913
Mentioned: 243 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1387 Post(s)
Liked: 1503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Chmiel View Post
How to Train Your Dragon. I had read a lot of good about this movie, and lots of mention of it's bass here. I was considering buying it and then noticed it was coming out in 4K, so I pre-ordered them. After sitting on my shelf for a couple weeks I finally watched the first one last night. The movie is a thoroughly enjoyable wonderful one to watch. The animation and 4K on my OLED was stunning! The DTSX track makes great use of surround and heights. I have never watched the regular Blu-Ray to compare to, but the bass lived up to expectations. Right from the start there was so much going that presented a nice weight feel in the room and shook the seats without being loud. I loved it! The only disappointment for me was the dialogue volume. I would have needed to go in and bump up the levels on my center or what I actually did just bump up to -5 from my usual -10. But still, great sound mix with such a beautiful animation, and wonderful story. Looking forward to number two tonight.
One of my Top 5 movies and not just because of the bass track. The LFE is perfection. Good to hear the DTSX is an improvement over the BR.
SBuger, galonzo and Reddig like this.
coolrda is offline  
post #13276 of 14923 Old 02-06-2019, 05:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HeffeMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,501
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked: 194
HeffeMusic is online now  
post #13277 of 14923 Old 02-06-2019, 06:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PioManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,043
Mentioned: 248 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3066 Post(s)
Liked: 7382
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrda View Post
One of my Top 5 movies and not just because of the bass track. The LFE is perfection. Good to hear the DTSX is an improvement over the BR.
Yup, and at just $20 ea ($25 in Canada) for 4K/UHD Steelbook editions from BestBuy it was an instant pre-order for me two months ago.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HTTYD.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	2521384  
SBuger and galonzo like this.

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD
PioManiac is offline  
post #13278 of 14923 Old 02-06-2019, 08:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
markg35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 826
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmerCa View Post
Ready Player One (2018)

I know I'm waaaay late to the party, but I had to pay my respects to this one.

Perfection? That's all I could muster when the credits started to roll off. There are mixes that hit you hard with the force of its bass, making the experience a very visceral and exciting one, even if others elements of the mix may not be as well developed. RP1 has the bass experience, but it goes beyond that. Sure, it doesn't go as low as the legendary bass monsters, but it goes low enough, and does everything else in exemplary fashion.

It has clarity, dynamic range, balance, directionality, great panning effects, fantastic use of surrounds, the mix is highly detailed while maintaining sound separation even when all hell is breaking loose. Sound design is a true bliss, and it's sure to be a never ending source of amazement; the track /alone/ guarantees repeated viewings. It always hits the right notes and makes an incredible job of making you part of its world.

In my view, a true reference track has something to offer to all ranges of audio systems, and the fact that even with a setup that's very modest compared to most of the systems on this thread, I can have an audio experience that closely mirrors all the praise this track has received, it's all the testament you need to asses the greatness of this audio mix.

And on top of the above, you have THOSE visuals and the amazing action. This movie was designed to flourish and shine in an HT environment, and the better your system, the more satisfying the experience will be. This movie is a MUST OWN for any AV enthusiast, regardless of your opinion on the film itself.

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk
You hit the nail on the head Sir!

I too am late to the Ready Player One party.Just finished watching it a couple hour ago.I had been meaning to rent it for awhile.Your post pushed me over the edge.I'm so glad it did!
I really enjoyed the movie.Soundtrack,visuals all the references to pop culture.And of course the BASS!

Did I mention the Bass!
A couple of things I've learned since getting my mains and subs somewhat setup....

1.I'm not sure the side light next to my front door is going to survive.It was rattling like crazy!

2.I may have to question my logic using 18" subs as speaker stands.I knew it wasn't ideal for my left surround speaker,but I figured my left mid tower would be fine.How wrong I was...I had the speaker towed in about 1:00.When the movie was over,the speaker had rotated the opposite direction to about 10:00-11:00 position.Well I guess that understandable since the mains only weigh 50lbs.To be fair I do have some iso foam underneath.
I even have a little more headroom to try out!

Ready Player One is an amazing home theater experience(Living room for me).It's a must have for my collection.

A big"Thank You" to all who recommended it and all the other recommendations in this thread.

Time to "batton down the hatches" before the next bass fest.
markg35 is offline  
post #13279 of 14923 Old 02-06-2019, 09:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
AmerCa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Mexico
Posts: 1,110
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked: 1397
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg35 View Post
Did I mention the Bass!

A couple of things I've learned since getting my mains and subs somewhat setup....

Time to "batton down the hatches" before the next bass fest.
Great post! It sounds like you really had a super fun experience .



Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

Vizio 43" D Series 2017 || Onkyo TX383 7.2ch || Fronts: Sony SS-CS5 || Center: Pioneer SP-C22 || Sub: Polk HTS 12 || Surrounds: Micca MB42
AmerCa is offline  
post #13280 of 14923 Old 02-07-2019, 09:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
subacabra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,353
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked: 4559
Just threw in Cloverfield Paradox for a quick test spin. At only -20 that intro and first particle accelerator fire up had my place shaking.
For sh*ts and giggles I turned dynamic eq on and lowered the mv to only -30 and it was even crazier lol
For reference, my subs were calibrated with sub gain at 9am, then turned up to noon after, with a 1.5 db bump in the avr trims as well. I do not use dynamic volume and eq.
I can't wait to watch it at a proper -10 or so and see how it sounds.
I'm kind of scared actually!
Tom C, hdtv316, SuperFist and 8 others like this.
subacabra is online now  
post #13281 of 14923 Old 02-07-2019, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
indebtbassfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Squamish BC
Posts: 2,388
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1310 Post(s)
Liked: 2407
Quote:
Originally Posted by subacabra View Post
Just threw in Cloverfield Paradox for a quick test spin. At only -20 that intro and first particle accelerator fire up had my place shaking.
For sh*ts and giggles I turned dynamic eq on and lowered the mv to only -30 and it was even crazier lol
For reference, my subs were calibrated with sub gain at 9am, then turned up to noon after, with a 1.5 db bump in the avr trims as well. I do not use dynamic volume and eq.
I can't wait to watch it at a proper -10 or so and see how it sounds.
I'm kind of scared actually!
Lol,,,, Just picked up my copy,,,,,, now waiting for neighbor to leave then yes will try -12mv and see what happens.

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Funk 21.0LX Master/Slave combo 4800 watts RMS/9600watts (peak)-
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R
-Chane A-1.4 side/rear surrounds.
indebtbassfreak is offline  
post #13282 of 14923 Old 02-07-2019, 10:23 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 11,394
Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6137 Post(s)
Liked: 5350
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg35 View Post
Y2.I may have to question my logic using 18" subs as speaker stands.I knew it wasn't ideal for my left surround speaker,but I figured my left mid tower would be fine.How wrong I was...I had the speaker towed in about 1:00.When the movie was over,the speaker had rotated the opposite direction to about 10:00-11:00 position.Well I guess that understandable since the mains only weigh 50lbs.To be fair I do have some iso foam underneath.
You just need something "stickier" under the speakers. I used these for awhile without issue:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
galonzo and SuperFist like this.
Alan P is offline  
post #13283 of 14923 Old 02-07-2019, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 14,366
Mentioned: 390 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5475 Post(s)
Liked: 5281
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg35 View Post

Time to "batton down the hatches" before the next bass fest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
You just need something "stickier" under the speakers. I used these for awhile without issue:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nah dog: https://www.amazon.com/Quakehold-881...rds=quake+hold
Alan P, markg35, PioManiac and 3 others like this.

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
beastaudio is offline  
post #13284 of 14923 Old 02-07-2019, 10:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PioManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,043
Mentioned: 248 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3066 Post(s)
Liked: 7382
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
LOL I posted a link to that too in December...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD
PioManiac is offline  
post #13285 of 14923 Old 02-07-2019, 11:52 AM
Senior Member
 
HYPURR DBL NKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Noble Oklahoma
Posts: 476
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Just getting around to watching the Harry Potter 4K movies. Holy crap the bass hits hard and the Atmos track is amazing. Absolutely love watching these.
HYPURR DBL NKL is offline  
post #13286 of 14923 Old 02-07-2019, 11:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PioManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,043
Mentioned: 248 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3066 Post(s)
Liked: 7382
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPURR DBL NKL View Post
Just getting around to watching the Harry Potter 4K movies. Holy crap the bass hits hard and the Atmos track is amazing. Absolutely love watching these.
DTS:X Audio (not ATMOS) but Yes, Every disc in the set has reference use of the upper Height channels and Surrounds.


The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD
PioManiac is offline  
post #13287 of 14923 Old 02-07-2019, 01:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
indebtbassfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Squamish BC
Posts: 2,388
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1310 Post(s)
Liked: 2407
HOLY Mother F%$#&*er, just played the first few minutes of Cloverfield Paradox at -14 only 4db's hot on trim,,,, as usual no other form of bass boost other than the Funks Max Extension preset. This right away is in the top most aggressive bass moments i have ever heard. I cant see been able to play this one at -10. subacabra go buy yourself a whole new bar set of glasses right now if you dare do -10mv.
Alan P, Tom C, galonzo and 9 others like this.

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Funk 21.0LX Master/Slave combo 4800 watts RMS/9600watts (peak)-
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R
-Chane A-1.4 side/rear surrounds.
indebtbassfreak is offline  
post #13288 of 14923 Old 02-07-2019, 01:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
subacabra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,353
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked: 4559
Quote:
Originally Posted by indebtbassfreak View Post
HOLY Mother F%$#&*er, just played the first few minutes of Cloverfield Paradox at -14 only 4db's hot on trim,,,, as usual no other form of bass boost other than the Funks Max Extension preset. This right away is in the top most aggressive bass moments i have ever heard. I cant see been able to play this one at -10. subacabra go buy yourself a whole new bar set of glasses right now if you dare do -10mv.
Haha! Awesome! I'm taking all breakables down for that. Super pissed my cool skull shot glass broke
indebtbassfreak likes this.
subacabra is online now  
post #13289 of 14923 Old 02-07-2019, 03:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
richardsim7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,981
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1268 Post(s)
Liked: 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by subacabra View Post
I'm kind of scared actually!

You should be, it's nuts


Watched it the other day, enjoyed it more than I thought I would, don't get all the hate for this movie. Great bass too
Tom C, SuperFist, godwindx and 3 others like this.
richardsim7 is offline  
post #13290 of 14923 Old 02-07-2019, 03:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
indebtbassfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Squamish BC
Posts: 2,388
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1310 Post(s)
Liked: 2407
Quote:
Originally Posted by subacabra View Post
Haha! Awesome! I'm taking all breakables down for that. Super pissed my cool skull shot glass broke
Just so were clear,,,,, my "like" was because your taking down the rest of your breakables,,, not loosing your favorite shot glass lol.
galonzo and subacabra like this.

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Funk 21.0LX Master/Slave combo 4800 watts RMS/9600watts (peak)-
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R
-Chane A-1.4 side/rear surrounds.
indebtbassfreak is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off