The Ultimate List of BASS in Movies w/ Frequency Charts - Page 452 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 50191Likes

post #13531 of 16310 Old 02-17-2019, 03:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1190 Post(s)
Liked: 1818
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv316 View Post
a disney release under 20 hz sounds like a fairytale ending lol.

Sent from my moto g (5s) plus using tapatalk
right!

1600 cubic foot sealed room! Samsung 8500 curved 4k
denon x4100
JTR noesis 228s rear surround
Quad PSA T18s!!!!!!
Funk audio 12.2 HP mains powered by/funk audio 6x500 watt amp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13532 of 16310 Old 02-17-2019, 05:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 865 Post(s)
Liked: 1822
Getaway (2013)

Bass graph (courtesy of data-bass):

Words by maxmercy:

Getaway (5.1 DTS-HD MA)

Level - 5 Stars (112.5dB composite)
Extension - 5 Stars (1Hz)
Dynamics - 4 Stars (26.11dB)
Execution - 4 Stars (by poll)

Overall - 4.5 Stars
Recommendation - Rent (by poll)

Notes: This movie has a ton of bass content - It's literally just one long car chase. There are some amazingly hot stretches that rival the amplitude of just about anything (see scenecaps below). However, it's not all good. There's frequent and annoying road noise LF/ULF that kills its execution. Some would have been OK, but they put it in most scenes in the middle of the movie, and it's very out of place. I'm not even sure why it's there most of the time - it's used in such a way that doesn't sound anything like real driving. Also, it's earned every bit of its 4.0 star IMDb rating! It's After Earth bad."

This comes as a rather unusual "recommendation", and I'd be the first one to acknowledge that the 4.0 IMDB rating is more than justified in this case. However, if you're a car buff and love the sound of engines roaring, great car chases/crashes and some good explosions and gunshots peppered in, this may be the right movie for you. The plot is absurd, but there's enough action at the right pace and amount to make you forget about it, and just have some fun. As someone who has actually watched it at least five times, I can tell you there's some dumb fun to be had with it, as long as you have your expectations in check. And as the graph above tells you, the audio track is pretty solid, very fun.

If you come across this one for cheaps (which it's most surely the case anyways), and with the aforementioned reservations in mind...give it a go.
jamiebosco, grtuck and subacabra like this.

Vizio 43" D Series 2017 || Onkyo TX383 7.2ch || Fronts: Sony SS-CS5 || Center: Pioneer SP-C22 || Sub: Polk HTS 12 || Surrounds: Micca MB42
post #13533 of 16310 Old 02-17-2019, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFist View Post
What happens when you don't support marketplace standards like Dolby Vision is that customers quit buying your wares. This isn't a big mystery. The big mystery is, why didn't Samsung listen to the market and add Dolby Vision to their 4k UHD players?

And yes, I know Samsung was pushing their own rival HDR format. But to exit the marketplace because you didn't win a format fight -- how smart is that? I'm just saying that Sony sold a lot of VHS machines after their own Beta format lost out to VHS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13534 of 16310 Old 02-17-2019, 07:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked: 1935
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmerCa View Post
Getaway (2013)

Bass graph (courtesy of data-bass):

Words by maxmercy:

Getaway (5.1 DTS-HD MA)

Level - 5 Stars (112.5dB composite)
Extension - 5 Stars (1Hz)
Dynamics - 4 Stars (26.11dB)
Execution - 4 Stars (by poll)

Overall - 4.5 Stars
Recommendation - Rent (by poll)

Notes: This movie has a ton of bass content - It's literally just one long car chase. There are some amazingly hot stretches that rival the amplitude of just about anything (see scenecaps below). However, it's not all good. There's frequent and annoying road noise LF/ULF that kills its execution. Some would have been OK, but they put it in most scenes in the middle of the movie, and it's very out of place. I'm not even sure why it's there most of the time - it's used in such a way that doesn't sound anything like real driving. Also, it's earned every bit of its 4.0 star IMDb rating! It's After Earth bad."

This comes as a rather unusual "recommendation", and I'd be the first one to acknowledge that the 4.0 IMDB rating is more than justified in this case. However, if you're a car buff and love the sound of engines roaring, great car chases/crashes and some good explosions and gunshots peppered in, this may be the right movie for you. The plot is absurd, but there's enough action at the right pace and amount to make you forget about it, and just have some fun. As someone who has actually watched it at least five times, I can tell you there's some dumb fun to be had with it, as long as you have your expectations in check. And as the graph above tells you, the audio track is pretty solid, very fun.

If you come across this one for cheaps (which it's most surely the case anyways), and with the aforementioned reservations in mind...give it a go.

Nice!
One of the car chases from this is on one of the AVS demo discs, it's AWESOME! one of my favourite demo clips ever

**Edit* it's on the "Reelwood Demo Disc 2016" clip 015 abd can be DL'd here https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...8oDiVebtU6Reoe
richardsim7 and AmerCa like this.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives

Last edited by jamiebosco; 02-17-2019 at 07:49 PM.
post #13535 of 16310 Old 02-17-2019, 09:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Watson View Post
What happens when you don't support marketplace standards like Dolby Vision is that customers quit buying your wares. This isn't a big mystery. The big mystery is, why didn't Samsung listen to the market and add Dolby Vision to their 4k UHD players?
That's bad news. At least here in Mexico, Samsung has a big market share in electronics, and Samsung BD players are among the most common in stores, and certainly a lot of those players come from the US. If Samsung stop making them that means Sony will continue to charge more for them, or even worse, the BD market will become even a more niche one. Here, 4k players even are not that common yet. Bad news for physical media enthusiasts, that seem to be less and less by the day.

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk
SuperFist likes this.

Vizio 43" D Series 2017 || Onkyo TX383 7.2ch || Fronts: Sony SS-CS5 || Center: Pioneer SP-C22 || Sub: Polk HTS 12 || Surrounds: Micca MB42
post #13536 of 16310 Old 02-17-2019, 09:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebosco View Post
Nice!
One of the car chases from this is on one of the AVS demo discs, it's AWESOME! one of my favourite demo clips ever.
That's nice to hear! Yeah, the car chases on this movie are pretty great, I knew there was a reason for coming back to them.

Thanks for the link! I should check out of those demo discs, seem like something fun.

jamiebosco likes this.

post #13537 of 16310 Old 02-17-2019, 09:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That's nice to hear! Yeah, the car chases on this movie are pretty great, I knew there was a reason for coming back to them.

Thanks for the link! I should check out of those demo discs, seem like something fun.

Oh God yes, get on that! As a bass head, you'll love them. I have them all and watch them whenever I need a bass hit but don't have time ( or mental energy) for a movie
AmerCa likes this.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives
post #13538 of 16310 Old 02-17-2019, 09:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebosco View Post
Oh God yes, get on that! As a bass head, you'll love them. I have them all and watch them whenever I need a bass hit but don't have time ( or mental energy) for a movie
Spoken like a true basshead: "Damn! I need my bass fix, but don't have time for a movie. Thank God I have those demo discs!! Wait, where are them? WHERE ARE THEY!?!? ". Hahaha.

jamiebosco likes this.

post #13539 of 16310 Old 02-17-2019, 09:46 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni009 View Post
Quick question, I ordered the new UHDs of How to train your dragon 1 and 2. I remember that the first one is one of the better bass movies out there. Did the UHD get the same audio? Or do I have to hold on to my blu ray copy still?
I never seen them before and when I as about to buy based on reviews I noticed the pre-order for the 4K and did that. When I did finally watched it immediately became one of my favorite movies. I was surprised right from the start of the movie with bass despite reading how good it was. The DTSX track is very enveloping and the 4K presentation on my OLED is absolutely stunning. Well worth every penny and gald it is in my collection.

TV: LG OLED 65B7A, Receiver: Marantz SR-6012, Blu-Ray Player: LG UBK90, Fronts: JBL S312, Center: JBL S-Center, Surrounds: JBL S38, Top: JBL S36 (4), Subwoofer: 2 PSA S3000i and one PSA XS-30se--- 5.3.4 setup
http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...&action=hybrid
post #13540 of 16310 Old 02-17-2019, 10:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1439 Post(s)
Liked: 3636
Quote:
Just do it, man. 15 bucks is still a pretty good deal for a new release, especially because you're not only getting reference bass and overall audio, but reference PQ as well.

You'll be only delaying the inevitable.

Haha so true. Thanks for the push

I suppose I can’t be that cheap this year to pass up on the biggest bass movies that aren’t available to rent from Redbox, trying to save money for a new house and theater but might as well live a little in the meantime. Ordered!

According to the feedback on the track, this might be one of the first movie I have to back down from reference levels. Can’t wait!
AmerCa likes this.

Speakers: PSA MTM-210T x2, MTM-210C, MT-110SR x2; Atmos-SVS Satellite x2, DIY Volt-10 x2
Subs: PSA V1801 x2, DIY: 18" RSS460HO, 15" RSS390HO x2, BOSS w/JBL CX1200 x6
MA’s: Crowson Tech x2
Processing: Denon X4200, NU6KDSP, 3KDSP
Video: Epson 3700; Screen: Silver Ticket 106" High Contrast
post #13541 of 16310 Old 02-17-2019, 10:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Spoken like a true basshead: "Damn! I need my bass fix, but don't have time for a movie. Thank God I have those demo discs!! Wait, where are them? WHERE ARE THEY!?!? ". Hahaha.

haha -Yes exactly!. I have them all on a 1TB HDD hooked up to a NVidia Shield, I have all the demo discs, a 300GB DTS music folder and a separate folder with just some of my favourite demo clips (WOTW, Art Of Flight:Alaska, TRON: Stadium, John Wick Club, FOTP, intro to MMFR, OHF, TIH, Master & Commander, Getaway: Car Chase,Atmos Amaze) and another folder with all the pre-movie intros (Dolby,DTS, THX). Honestly I use that HDD at least twice a week!
AmerCa likes this.

post #13542 of 16310 Old 02-17-2019, 11:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekosche
According to the feedback on the track, this might be one of the first movie I have to back down from reference levels. Can’t wait!
Looking forward to your impressions. I think only one person in this thread has listened to that track at reference, and with good reason. I listened to it at -17 it was still pretty intense. I'm waiting to have the house to myself to rewatch it at least at -12, I guess? Lol.

post #13543 of 16310 Old 02-17-2019, 11:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Listened to the Hanz Zimmer disc at near reference. The Dark Knight tracks almost brought the house down with low bass.
richardsim7, d-rail34 and AmerCa like this.

Proud Member of "Bass-a-holic Anonymous" - Dual Bottle of Choice: SVS PC-13 Ultra + SVS PC-12 NSD. Drink of Choice: Ready Player One Delorean Race
DaLite 0.9 Grey 110" screen. Epson 3000 1080P Projection. 7.2 SVS and Energy Reference + Parasound THX Ultra Amplification system.
post #13544 of 16310 Old 02-18-2019, 04:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 1369 Post(s)
Liked: 5590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Watson View Post

And yes, I know Samsung was pushing their own rival HDR format. But to exit the marketplace because you didn't win a format fight -- how smart is that? I'm just saying that Sony sold a lot of VHS machines after their own Beta format lost out to VHS.
Quote:
That's bad news. At least here in Mexico, Samsung has a big market share in electronics, and Samsung BD players are among the most common in stores, and certainly a lot of those players come from the US. If Samsung stop making them that means Sony will continue to charge more for them, or even worse, the BD market will become even a more niche one. Here, 4k players even are not that common yet. Bad news for physical media enthusiasts, that seem to be less and less by the day.
This is what I took out of it from AmerCa's post above!
post #13545 of 16310 Old 02-18-2019, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
This is what I took out of it from AmerCa's post above!

After Oppo threw in the towel, I was sad when I read an article about Samsung’s decision to also pull out; it was referencing the latest purchase habits and market share and mentioned that DVD, yes regular DVD was still around 60% of all physical discs sold.

Upcharging for Blu-ray all these years and now even more so for UHD, it’s no wonder the physical media market hasn’t shifted much despite much higher adoption rates of large HD and UHD TV’s and cheap HD projectors allowing for a theater like experience at home. Just when the tech has evolved to give home theaters impressive capabilities for less money than ever, highly compressed streaming media takes over...

I wonder how many more years physical media will be around. Prices will definitely only get worse.
AmerCa likes this.

Speakers: PSA MTM-210T x2, MTM-210C, MT-110SR x2; Atmos-SVS Satellite x2, DIY Volt-10 x2
post #13546 of 16310 Old 02-18-2019, 10:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekosche View Post
After Oppo threw in the towel, I was sad when I read an article about Samsung’s decision to also pull out; it was referencing the latest purchase habits and market share and mentioned that DVD, yes regular DVD was still around 60% of all physical discs sold.

Upcharging for Blu-ray all these years and now even more so for UHD, it’s no wonder the physical media market hasn’t shifted much despite much higher adoption rates of large HD and UHD TV’s and cheap HD projectors allowing for a theater like experience at home. Just when the tech has evolved to give home theaters impressive capabilities for less money than ever, highly compressed streaming media takes over...

I wonder how many more years physical media will be around. Prices will definitely only get worse.
There will always be a market for high end A/V, and it will always be much smaller than the average A/V market. Eventually what will happen (as you alluded to) is physical media (bluray discs) will go away completely and we will only have the option to download and stream those formats.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
post #13547 of 16310 Old 02-18-2019, 12:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
I have both and sadly haven't cranked up the volume on these due to some limitations. The UHD PQ is an easy upgrade over the BD thanks to HDR and WCG

The DTS-X audio on part 1 is supposed to be as good as the True HD but some are complaining that is is mixed 5-7 dB lower and doesn't have the impact of the TrueHD mix

Part 2 - Looks like the levels have been booked across the spectrum but not sure if it sounds better than the weak sounding BD.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Chmiel View Post
I never seen them before and when I as about to buy based on reviews I noticed the pre-order for the 4K and did that. When I did finally watched it immediately became one of my favorite movies. I was surprised right from the start of the movie with bass despite reading how good it was. The DTSX track is very enveloping and the 4K presentation on my OLED is absolutely stunning. Well worth every penny and gald it is in my collection.
Cool. I just remember that part one has that super low part when the huge dragon comes out of the cave at the end. Is the blu ray copy that's included the same as the original? If so then I can sell/give my previous copy, if not I'll keep it just for that bass part.

post #13548 of 16310 Old 02-18-2019, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:

Samsung pulled out because they were making some really sh&t players. They simply couldn't compete in this space and decided to pull the plug. In a way, it is good riddance. If Panasonic and Sony does the same then I would really begin to worry and that would be the beginning of the end for physical media.

When physical media is no more, it will simply be the saddest day in my life as it has been a part of me for nearly 3 decades.

Last edited by hdtv316; 02-18-2019 at 03:14 PM.
post #13549 of 16310 Old 02-18-2019, 03:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1464 Post(s)
Liked: 2830
This is a depressing topic lol, i feel the same^. Been into audio for forty years+, and the thought of loosing physical uncompressed media sources is just an awful thought. If it happens i'm hopeful and somewhat confident there will be some massive improvement in streaming sources otherwise we will have to rely on some expensive DAC's to improve the audio as much as possible. I'm not even sure how the audio/video would be separated in that case as i'm not educated in the high end DAC's.

Anyway back to physical movies,, i did finally watch the whole Cloverfield Paradox not dialed all the way up, still in the upper teens mv, and it still brought the goods throughout. A few moments that tested my aging ticker as well. Hopefully Wednesday i can dial up HK.

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Funk 21.0LX Master/Slave combo 4800 watts RMS/9600watts (peak)-
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R
-Chane A-1.4 side/rear surrounds.
post #13550 of 16310 Old 02-18-2019, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1726 Post(s)
Liked: 4973
Watching Wall-E with the lil guy and there's some sweet bass in this movie.
post #13551 of 16310 Old 02-18-2019, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by subacabra View Post
Watching Wall-E with the lil guy and there's some sweet bass in this movie.
There are some good bass moments but the movie is so good that you get sucked into it subconsciously. Easily one of the best films ever made

House with a Clock in its Walls - I thought this is almost demo worthy on both Audio and Video Credits to the HDR grading team and the sound mixer.

post #13552 of 16310 Old 02-18-2019, 05:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1726 Post(s)
Liked: 4973
Quote:
There are some good bass moments but the movie is so good that you get sucked into it subconsciously. Easily one of the best films ever made

House with a Clock in its Walls - I thought this is almost demo worthy on both Audio and Video Credits to the HDR grading team and the sound mixer.

Absolutely! Love the movie and the pq is gorgeous. Can't imagine how a 4k/hdr version would look.
On a funny note, I modified my entertainment stand so my center channel no longer blocks my pj screen!
Now you guys can't make fun anymore lol
Toe, tbass2k, hdtv316 and 11 others like this.
post #13553 of 16310 Old 02-19-2019, 01:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

A Star Is Born on deck for tonight. Hopefully it has some good audio to showcase, because I’m having friends over that are finishing a new media room. I’m still trying to convince him that good bass reproduction is essential to any track (even if played at reasonable volumes) and to replace an 8” Klipsch sub that’s probably 10 years old. Think I’ll try and loan him one of my PSA subs to demo when it’s done, but even though it’s a dedicated room, the WAF is low on subs. Makes me sad for him, lol.

And The Cloverfield Paradox is out to rent next Tuesday from Redbox, not sure how I missed it thinking it wouldn’t be available. Haha oh well, it’ll be in the mail Thursday, and I’m sure it has some great demo material for the collection.

I’m excited for Ralph Breaks the Internet next week along with Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and Aquaman dropping next month!
hdtv316, CallingMrBenzo and AmerCa like this.

post #13554 of 16310 Old 02-19-2019, 03:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 1852
Quote:
A Star Is Born on deck for tonight. Hopefully it has some good audio to showcase

Yes, yes it does
MALICIOUS ONE likes this.
post #13555 of 16310 Old 02-19-2019, 05:15 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by subacabra View Post
Absolutely! Love the movie and the pq is gorgeous. Can't imagine how a 4k/hdr version would look.
On a funny note, I modified my entertainment stand so my center channel no longer blocks my pj screen!
Now you guys can't make fun anymore lol
Hey....I can ALWAYS make fun! Don't challenge me
subacabra, d-rail34 and AmerCa like this.

TCL 55P607, OPPO UDP-203, 4K Fire TV, Marantz 6011, Rotel 1075 (Atmos)
DefTech SM 65 (X7), SVS PB16 Ultra (X2), SVS Prime Elevation (X4)
Headphone rig: PC-> Schiit Wyrd ->Schiit Modi Multibit ->Stax SRM-353X ->THX AAA 789
Headphones: Stax SR-207, Stax SR-L700, M1060, TH-X00 Purpleheart, HD600, HD6XX, etc
post #13556 of 16310 Old 02-19-2019, 06:23 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 142
The Ultimate List of BASS in Movies w/ Frequency Charts

Anybody know what happens to movies on Dish Network compared to say, BD or Netflix? After reading all the fanfare about Hunter Killer, I rented it(dish) since I was too lazy to drive to town lol. Anyway, I was kind of surprised. After expecting to be assaulted by bass, I found it to seem more like a soundbar mix. I do have my dish receiver set to dynamic in the audio settings, and other bassy films usually deliver on our 7.3.4 system.
Just wondering if anybody knows how dish handles this stuff.

Last edited by Polyrythm1k; 02-19-2019 at 08:41 PM.
post #13557 of 16310 Old 02-19-2019, 07:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 1369 Post(s)
Liked: 5590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyrythm1k View Post
Anybody know what happens to movies on Dish Network compared to day, BD or Netflix? After reading all the fanfare about Hunter Killer, I rented it(dish) since I was too lazy to drive to town lol. Anyway, I was kind of surprised. After expecting to be assaulted by bass, I found it to seem more like a soundbar mix. I do have my dish receiver set to dynamic in the audio settings, and other bassy films usually deliver on our 7.3.4 system.
Just wondering if anybody knows how dish handles this stuff.
I think that tells you all you need to know about how Dish handles things!

Physical media will always be king when it comes to audio. At least until they increase throughput and bandwidth allowing for lossless audio via streaming... if that ever happens.
Legairre, paulst, godwindx and 3 others like this.
post #13558 of 16310 Old 02-19-2019, 08:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 975 Post(s)
Liked: 960
Quote:

Physical media will always be king when it comes to audio. At least until they increase throughput and bandwidth allowing for lossless audio via streaming... if that ever happens.

I think streaming already HAS become the delivery device of choice for the masses. I’ve also been a disc aficionado (including Laser Disc) most of my adult life. I’ll be sad to see it end, but I’d be very surprised to see 8k discs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #13559 of 16310 Old 02-19-2019, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 117
So having read all of this thread multiple times and watching most of the movies mentioned. Right now I have SVS SB-13 ultra, this week I have 2 UM-22 18"s coming and building 2 full marty's. So now Im going to have to rewatch all of the movies, Darn it

7.3.4 Avr: Pioneer SC-95 elite LR: Klipch RF-3 C: RC 52ii Surrounds: Klipch SF-1 and def tech B6p SUBS: 2 UM22-18 Full martys on INuke 6K dsp Atmos: 4 monoprice 8"
post #13560 of 16310 Old 02-19-2019, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Liked: 333
The Ultimate List of BASS in Movies w/ Frequency Charts

Quote:

Yep and download caps aren't going to help that either. For Polyrythm1k it's definitely a streaming vs disc issue. I've directly compared iTunes Venom rental (Atmos via ATV 4K) and Netflix Atmos version of TCP's opening bass scene vs disc and there is absolutely no comparison. Streaming has the low end just chopped right off. Not saying streaming can't sound pretty good cause I was impressed with season one of lost in space but I can only imagine how it might sound on disc cause it had some great bass just streaming.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk
SuperFist and Polyrythm1k like this.

Pansonic TC-P60VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Arris MX011ANM (Xfinity X1) | Apple TV 4K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page