The Ultimate List of BASS in Movies w/ Frequency Charts - Page 47 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 51379Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1381 of 16936 Old 07-12-2017, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 12,241
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6730 Post(s)
Liked: 6292
Quote:
Originally Posted by indebtbassfreak View Post
After reading the avs review of the new Fate of The Furious where the (bluRay) version had 5 stars for audio dynamics and ULF,,,,,I'm stunned after the first 25minutes. Sounds as bad as StarTrek Beyond for filtering. MrGrey in case i've missed it, do you have a graph?
I watched the first half last night and it definitely is weak in the bass department. What is there isn't very clean either.
Alan P is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1382 of 16936 Old 07-12-2017, 11:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
indebtbassfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Squamish BC
Posts: 2,783
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1520 Post(s)
Liked: 2928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
I watched the first half last night and it definitely is weak in the bass department. What is there isn't very clean either.
Yeah i thought so as well, it's the first movie i can recall where the dialogue wasn't clear. Just an overall bad audio mix IMO, far from a 100 out of a 100 score. But hey,,, every movie cant be a home run i guess.
indebtbassfreak is offline  
post #1383 of 16936 Old 07-12-2017, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SuperFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,272
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1461 Post(s)
Liked: 6071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekosche View Post
Also, IMO, A Cure for Wellness was a disappointing slog (visually pleasing though), and the bass was just ok but nothing memorable.
Thank you! I thought it was just me.
SuperFist is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1384 of 16936 Old 07-12-2017, 04:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by indebtbassfreak View Post
Thanks Scottt, dont know how the HE!! AVS rated ULF at 5 stars, what a joke!!
another joke with review from Blu-ray.com?
Code:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Fate-of-the-Furious-Blu-ray/170135/#Review
4.5/5 omg! I don't know if there is disk to disk version deference available from UV lol
superb123 is offline  
post #1385 of 16936 Old 07-12-2017, 04:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bscool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 1,416
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Liked: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by indebtbassfreak View Post
I know at times trailer's will have hotter audio than the actual movie, so maybe what you were experiencing. But with LF at full boost on both S-1's i only got a couple flickers of 1a readings on my Tripplite at -12/-10 MV. That is really bad lol. WOW at half boost pulled 23amps pod scene.

Yeah, I wouldn't think the LF boost would add much since the bass I felt was more from the 30-40hz and up range. Looking at the LF boost chart Chucky posted it looks like the LF boost adds more in the 15-25hz range.

What about John Wick, did you get a good kick from that? That trailer of Fate of the Furious reminded me if John Wick for bass slam.

Interesting I just listened to both trailers of John Wick and Fate of the Furious and Fate of the Furious was much more impressive. Then I listened to a clip someone had posted on AVS of an actual clip from John Wick and it was very impressive also. It must be like you mentioned the different mixes in the trailers.

HTPC, Sony 40es, 120" Silver Ticket, 7702mkii, Sunfire Amp 225w, JBL 590, JBL 520

PSA XS30, Seaton Submersive, 2 Um-18 8cf sealed, Outlaw Ultra x 12, Kappa Pro 18LF, BFM Tuba 60 horn, B&C 18TBW100 6cf 41hz, 34hz, 28hz tune

iNuke 3000 & 6000 DSP's, Crowson Motion Actuator
bscool is offline  
post #1386 of 16936 Old 07-12-2017, 05:02 PM
Bass Enabler
 
Scott Simonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 21,509
Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5986 Post(s)
Liked: 5117
Quote:
Originally Posted by superb123 View Post
another joke with review from Blu-ray.com?
Code:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Fate-of-the-Furious-Blu-ray/170135/#Review
4.5/5 omg! I don't know if there is disk to disk version deference available from UV lol
This is why I don't read or put any weight on Blu-ray reviews.

Every action movie has a high score for sound.

I honestly do not believe most reviewers actually watch these discs in full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscool View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't think the LF boost would add much since the bass I felt was more from the 30-40hz and up range. Looking at the LF boost chart Chucky posted it looks like the LF boost adds more in the 15-25hz range.

What about John Wick, did you get a good kick from that? That trailer of Fate of the Furious reminded me if John Wick for bass slam.

Interesting I just listened to both trailers of John Wick and Fate of the Furious and Fate of the Furious was much more impressive. Then I listened to a clip someone had posted on AVS of an actual clip from John Wick and it was very impressive also. It must be like you mentioned the different mixes in the trailers.
Yes. It's always a different mix.

Movie trailers are in NO way indicative of what the final movies mix will be like.
bscool and superb123 like this.
Scott Simonian is offline  
post #1387 of 16936 Old 07-12-2017, 05:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
unretarded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Ventura Ca
Posts: 4,079
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1690 Post(s)
Liked: 2083
There was some thread the other day where the calibration was approx 40db hot on the bass,eng399, so it might be a slight bit different on that system than what others might think......


If a watch a flick and it is weak in the bass, a simple AVR bump of 4-10db on the LFE turns it into a better experiance too....


A reviewers review that has a room full of 18`s will not translate well to a guys room with a 8 incher corner loaded in a non sealed,non dedicated 600 square foot room.


For example my room has 4 cheap 12`s for subs.......but the room is approx 120 square feet and sealed......

Thats why this thread with the frequency charts is the scientific measurement.....thanks MR Grey !

Link to Stereo Integrity SI HT 18 sub build......https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...-pedestal.html
Speakers and subs for sale...https://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...kers-subs.html
unretarded is offline  
post #1388 of 16936 Old 07-12-2017, 05:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
indebtbassfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Squamish BC
Posts: 2,783
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1520 Post(s)
Liked: 2928
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscool View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't think the LF boost would add much since the bass I felt was more from the 30-40hz and up range. Looking at the LF boost chart Chucky posted it looks like the LF boost adds more in the 15-25hz range.

What about John Wick, did you get a good kick from that? That trailer of Fate of the Furious reminded me if John Wick for bass slam.

Interesting I just listened to both trailers of John Wick and Fate of the Furious and Fate of the Furious was much more impressive. Then I listened to a clip someone had posted on AVS of an actual clip from John Wick and it was very impressive also. It must be like you mentioned the different mixes in the trailers.
Never picked up the second one as i heard it had less bass than the first. The first one had decent bass but not what i would consider ULF, but there was enough that if boosting the bass a bit more was enjoyable.
indebtbassfreak is offline  
post #1389 of 16936 Old 07-12-2017, 07:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
DrMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 753
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post
This is why I don't read or put any weight on Blu-ray reviews.

Every action movie has a high score for sound.

I honestly do not believe most reviewers actually watch these discs in full.



Yes. It's always a different mix.

Movie trailers are in NO way indicative of what the final movies mix will be like.
Bluray.com is terrible. I honestly can't remember the last time they gave an audio score less than 4. I'm watching Scream right now, which they rated at a 5, and it's 3.5 max....
DrMichael is offline  
post #1390 of 16936 Old 07-12-2017, 11:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bscool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 1,416
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Liked: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by indebtbassfreak View Post
Never picked up the second one as i heard it had less bass than the first. The first one had decent bass but not what i would consider ULF, but there was enough that if boosting the bass a bit more was enjoyable.
I don't think you know what you are missing, John Wick with a near-field is brutal. If you only enjoy ULF that limits it to not many movies I would think.

Have you read the ULF thread or MBM thread lately? I'll quite harping on you about the NF I just can't imagine going without one after getting it setup right. The first time I tried it I was not impressed. I know you are a basshead since you added the 2nd sub and I want to see you get the full "experience" It does take a lot of time and work to get an NF setup correctly though.

HTPC, Sony 40es, 120" Silver Ticket, 7702mkii, Sunfire Amp 225w, JBL 590, JBL 520

PSA XS30, Seaton Submersive, 2 Um-18 8cf sealed, Outlaw Ultra x 12, Kappa Pro 18LF, BFM Tuba 60 horn, B&C 18TBW100 6cf 41hz, 34hz, 28hz tune

iNuke 3000 & 6000 DSP's, Crowson Motion Actuator
bscool is offline  
post #1391 of 16936 Old 07-13-2017, 01:08 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,198
Mentioned: 712 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3603 Post(s)
Liked: 3388
Quote:
Originally Posted by indebtbassfreak View Post
Never picked up the second one as i heard it had less bass than the first. The first one had decent bass but not what i would consider ULF, but there was enough that if boosting the bass a bit more was enjoyable.
Woah! Decent? John Wick club scene is my go to demo, best gun shots.... ever. Even with the nearfield sub turned off the hair on my head and arms move and other cool stuff like that happens. I giggle every time I watch that scene.

Try it out again... turn up the bass. A lot if necessary.
carp is offline  
post #1392 of 16936 Old 07-13-2017, 07:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
indebtbassfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Squamish BC
Posts: 2,783
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1520 Post(s)
Liked: 2928
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscool View Post
I don't think you know what you are missing, John Wick with a near-field is brutal. If you only enjoy ULF that limits it to not many movies I would think.

Have you read the ULF thread or MBM thread lately? I'll quite harping on you about the NF I just can't imagine going without one after getting it setup right. The first time I tried it I was not impressed. I know you are a basshead since you added the 2nd sub and I want to see you get the full "experience" It does take a lot of time and work to get an NF setup correctly though.
Neh,, dont stop harping on me,,,, thats what we do around hear. We all do a little friendly pushing and nudging and are directly responsible for many forms of upgraditis. Heck this forum is directly responsible for my two S-1's, which in Canada was not cheap,,, in fact more $$$ than what US forum members would have payed for two 4000's.
SuperFist and bscool like this.
indebtbassfreak is offline  
post #1393 of 16936 Old 07-13-2017, 07:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
indebtbassfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Squamish BC
Posts: 2,783
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1520 Post(s)
Liked: 2928
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Woah! Decent? John Wick club scene is my go to demo, best gun shots.... ever. Even with the nearfield sub turned off the hair on my head and arms move and other cool stuff like that happens. I giggle every time I watch that scene.

Try it out again... turn up the bass. A lot if necessary.
Lol, yes after i posted i was thinking the same thing. I was fried when i posted after another eight frustrating hours dealing with my ground loop problem and didn't put much thought into the post. Yes there were some intense moments and i actually turned down my MV during the club scene as my closest neighbor was home. So yes there were more than (decent) moments in John Wick That been said, nothing i do is going to make my experience anywhere near your wall of audio lol.
carp, Rowan611 and bscool like this.
indebtbassfreak is offline  
post #1394 of 16936 Old 07-13-2017, 07:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Sekosche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,374
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Liked: 3661
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscool View Post
I don't think you know what you are missing, John Wick with a near-field is brutal. If you only enjoy ULF that limits it to not many movies I would think.

Have you read the ULF thread or MBM thread lately? I just can't imagine going without one after getting it setup right.
Completely agree! The first few action scenes alone in John Wick 2 have enough brutal bass to give a full body massage; with nearfield tactile power and motion actuators, very few "normal" setups can hope to ever mimic this effect. I'm sure this is the experience the sound engineers had in mind when designing and editing these tracks...right? 😂

I've watched JW2 twice now, and I think I actually prefer the second film's overall bass, but I enjoy the first film more as a whole. Throw out the club scene from JW1, and it's not even close which one has better bass.
bscool and basshead81 like this.

Speakers: PSA MTM-210T x2, MTM-210C, MT-110SR x2; Atmos-SVS Satellite x2, DIY Volt-10 x2
Subs: PSA V1801 x2, DIY: 18" RSS460HO, 15" RSS390HO x2, BOSS w/JBL CX1200 x6
MA’s: Crowson Tech x2
Processing: Denon X4200, NU6KDSP, 3KDSP
Video: Epson 3700; Screen: Silver Ticket 106" High Contrast
Sekosche is offline  
post #1395 of 16936 Old 07-13-2017, 08:29 AM
 
LFE Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked: 777
Another good suggestion is The Accountant. That 50 cal. round going off is completely insane.
SuperFist, azz7686 and unretarded like this.
LFE Junkie is offline  
post #1396 of 16936 Old 07-13-2017, 08:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
indebtbassfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Squamish BC
Posts: 2,783
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1520 Post(s)
Liked: 2928
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFE Junkie View Post
Another good suggestion is The Accountant. That 50 cal. round going off is completely insane.
Good call, i agree!! Also the animated gun fire at the targets (not sure if it was 50cal?) in The Dark Night in the concrete underground location was nuts
LFE Junkie and Oldways7 like this.
indebtbassfreak is offline  
post #1397 of 16936 Old 07-13-2017, 02:11 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,198
Mentioned: 712 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3603 Post(s)
Liked: 3388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekosche View Post
Completely agree! The first few action scenes alone in John Wick 2 have enough brutal bass to give a full body massage; with nearfield tactile power and motion actuators, very few "normal" setups can hope to ever mimic this effect. I'm sure this is the experience the sound engineers had in mind when designing and editing these tracks...right? 😂

I've watched JW2 twice now, and I think I actually prefer the second film's overall bass, but I enjoy the first film more as a whole. Throw out the club scene from JW1, and it's not even close which one has better bass.
I was talking to a friend about this. We both thought that the surround effects are better in 2, along with the variety of the bass. What I mean is the sound/feel of different types of guns is more varied in 2.

Still, my favorite bass scene from either movie is the club scene.
carp is offline  
post #1398 of 16936 Old 07-13-2017, 02:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
unretarded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Ventura Ca
Posts: 4,079
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1690 Post(s)
Liked: 2083
Keep pushing !


I now have 4 subs directly behind 2 seats with clark silvers in each chair........a slight bump on the LFE in the AVR can make almost anything a bass monster........pretty meager set up compared to most, but just keep adding untill you are happy....


I tried to dial it all in with a 0 setting on the AVR`s LFE channel....that way I get 12db of adjustement in each direction........with it dialed in at 0 on the LFE, plus 12 is a crazy amount that makes anything have mucho bass if needed.


Just keep pushing untill you are happy !

Link to Stereo Integrity SI HT 18 sub build......https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...-pedestal.html
Speakers and subs for sale...https://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...kers-subs.html
unretarded is offline  
post #1399 of 16936 Old 07-14-2017, 04:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jamiebosco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,375
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked: 2131
Quote:
Originally Posted by unretarded View Post
Keep pushing !


I now have 4 subs directly behind 2 seats with clark silvers in each chair........a slight bump on the LFE in the AVR can make almost anything a bass monster........pretty meager set up compared to most, but just keep adding untill you are happy....


I tried to dial it all in with a 0 setting on the AVR`s LFE channel....that way I get 12db of adjustement in each direction........with it dialed in at 0 on the LFE, plus 12 is a crazy amount that makes anything have mucho bass if needed.


Just keep pushing untill you are happy !

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your settings properly or not, but it's generally recommended that you try keep your AVR sub trim in the Negatives, I'm sure 1-2dB into the positive is not going to cause a problem but +12dB may result in clipping from the AVR sub out
Rowan611 and basshead81 like this.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives
jamiebosco is online now  
post #1400 of 16936 Old 07-14-2017, 08:16 AM
Senior Member
 
capo4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The 208
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 115
I don't know how it would compare to what's already on the list, but I enjoyed the bass from "The Hornet's Nest", a documentary including actual footage from battles in Afganistan in 2011. It's available on Amazon Prime.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
galonzo likes this.

Receiver: Pioneer VSX-1022-K
Sub: SVS SB12-NSD
Fronts: Pioneer SP-BS22-LR
Center: Chane A2.4
Surrounds: Polk R15
capo4u is offline  
post #1401 of 16936 Old 07-14-2017, 08:44 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 14,672
Mentioned: 402 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5708 Post(s)
Liked: 5552
Quote:
Originally Posted by unretarded View Post
Keep pushing !


I now have 4 subs directly behind 2 seats with clark silvers in each chair........a slight bump on the LFE in the AVR can make almost anything a bass monster........pretty meager set up compared to most, but just keep adding untill you are happy....


I tried to dial it all in with a 0 setting on the AVR`s LFE channel....that way I get 12db of adjustement in each direction........with it dialed in at 0 on the LFE, plus 12 is a crazy amount that makes anything have mucho bass if needed.


Just keep pushing untill you are happy !
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebosco View Post
I'm not sure if I'm understanding your settings properly or not, but it's generally recommended that you try keep your AVR sub trim in the Negatives, I'm sure 1-2dB into the positive is not going to cause a problem but +12dB may result in clipping from the AVR sub out
That would be right. At least as has been tested on multiple Denon and Marantz units. It obviously also has to do with overall system volume level too but if you are running at reference with the bass trim anywhere in the positive you are already clipping the output pretty egregiously.
jamiebosco likes this.

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
beastaudio is offline  
post #1402 of 16936 Old 07-14-2017, 11:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lizrussspike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parkview, IA
Posts: 3,386
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1360 Post(s)
Liked: 2033
Quote:
Originally Posted by capo4u View Post
I don't know how it would compare to what's already on the list, but I enjoyed the bass from "The Hornet's Nest", a documentary including actual footage from battles in Afganistan in 2011. It's available on Amazon Prime.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Thank capo4u, will give that a shot tonight!
lizrussspike is offline  
post #1403 of 16936 Old 07-14-2017, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MrGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,173
Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1772 Post(s)
Liked: 6686
MrGrey is offline  
post #1404 of 16936 Old 07-14-2017, 03:48 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 12,241
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6730 Post(s)
Liked: 6292
Alan P is offline  
post #1405 of 16936 Old 07-14-2017, 04:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
unretarded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Ventura Ca
Posts: 4,079
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1690 Post(s)
Liked: 2083
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
That would be right. At least as has been tested on multiple Denon and Marantz units. It obviously also has to do with overall system volume level too but if you are running at reference with the bass trim anywhere in the positive you are already clipping the output pretty egregiously.

I did not know this......


I will bump the sub gain a little and reduce AVR LFE to a -4 or 5 and see what happens.

Now I know why it was recomended to run a meter reading on the AVR`s LFE output to check voltage.


I am running it into a minidsp, but I have no idea if that makes a difference or not..........


Luckily I never crank it way way up.......-12.5 MV for netflix etc and approx -18 to 20 MV for disks.

Thanks !

Link to Stereo Integrity SI HT 18 sub build......https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...-pedestal.html
Speakers and subs for sale...https://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...kers-subs.html
unretarded is offline  
post #1406 of 16936 Old 07-14-2017, 10:56 PM
Senior Member
 
johnnygrandis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 376
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Ghost In The Shell anyone ?





GOOD TIMES:

Listening Preference
johnnygrandis is offline  
post #1407 of 16936 Old 07-15-2017, 08:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SuperFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,272
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1461 Post(s)
Liked: 6071
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscool View Post
I don't think you know what you are missing, John Wick with a near-field is brutal. If you only enjoy ULF that limits it to not many movies I would think.

Have you read the ULF thread or MBM thread lately? I'll quite harping on you about the NF I just can't imagine going without one after getting it setup right. The first time I tried it I was not impressed. I know you are a basshead since you added the 2nd sub and I want to see you get the full "experience" It does take a lot of time and work to get an NF setup correctly though.

I swear this forum is going to cost me over $1,000 within the next year... I can just feel it!

I just bought two 12" budget Dayton subs within the past few months and between here and Slickdeals, I'm now eyeing the Klipsch R-115SW and the SVS PB-2000!

This forum is like a Bass Addiction starter!
SuperFist is offline  
post #1408 of 16936 Old 07-15-2017, 08:52 AM
 
LFE Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrey View Post
Fabricated City (2017) Graph



https://youtu.be/nWH__bffCOk
MrGrey likes this.
LFE Junkie is offline  
post #1409 of 16936 Old 07-15-2017, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Rowan611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pella, IA
Posts: 1,531
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by unretarded View Post
I did not know this......


I will bump the sub gain a little and reduce AVR LFE to a -4 or 5 and see what happens.

Now I know why it was recomended to run a meter reading on the AVR`s LFE output to check voltage.


I am running it into a minidsp, but I have no idea if that makes a difference or not..........


Luckily I never crank it way way up.......-12.5 MV for netflix etc and approx -18 to 20 MV for disks.

Thanks !
Here's what I do with my MiniDSP. I have the gains on my amp (Crown x1000) turned all the way up. I have the sub outs of the 7702mkII turned down to -10. I use the gain through the MiniDSP to control how hot my subs run. This way I never clip the sub out and I can use a filter to prevent over driving my THTs.....which is incredibly hard to do. Currently I'm running them about 13db hot through the mini, with some pretty aggressive boost to certain areas.

Can you do something similar? I don't know how it works with amps that are powered vs passive.

HT: Oppo UHD-203 | Crown Amps | NX3000D | NX6000D | 1299s | Volt 8s | THTs | Crowson Shadow 8s | BOSS riser | Panamax 5300PM | LG OLED 65B6P
Family: Denon AVR-S740 | PSB Alpha AVs | Sony X900F | X1
Rowan611 is offline  
post #1410 of 16936 Old 07-15-2017, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MrGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,173
Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1772 Post(s)
Liked: 6686
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnygrandis View Post
Ghost In The Shell anyone ?
I just got in and I'll have it up in the next hour 😃

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
MrGrey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off